Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:56:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you a US Citizen & participating in ico's?  (Read 135 times)
JW9494 (OP)

Activity: 178
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 10:23:29 AM

I know some people are doing it
I just don't know how.
Can you provide me some insight?
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Loveboard

Activity: 84
Merit: 7

Cointrade - Bringing crypto trading to the people!

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 10:37:28 AM

You can participate in ICOs if you're an accredited investor. That's the only legal way. To become an accredited investor and if you're not a bank or corporation or private company, then you need to have a net worth of 1 million dollars... which is crazy for most of us.

Or you need to have a net income of 200,000 USD for the past two years.

Those are some steep requirements! But that's how it goes. They just want to keep people from doing what people in crypto are doing -- investing more than what they can afford...

Another way, since you didn't say that someone was simply a U.S. citizen, is if you're a dual citizen. You can go to your other country of citizenship and buy ICOs that way.

Cointrade - Bringing crypto trading to the people! (https://cointrade.es/)
Pre-ICO "April 8th, 2018"
gordeevaverona

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 02:44:30 PM

I've heard that the US has banned the use of bitcoin in its own country, but there are always ways to bypass the system, for example, VPN.
MintDice

Activity: 238
Merit: 46

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 03:26:54 PM

You can but it seems to be at the discretion of the ICO and often times only accredited investors can participate. Although, many times they rather not involve themselves with US investors altogether due to potential legal battles with US govt agencies. That said, some people use VPN's and claim this works, but with growing KYC practices, this "success" also seems to be on a case by case basis.
Sniar

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 03:41:52 PM

I just don't know how.

Of course they're doing that even if it's prohibited. Firstly you may choose an ICO that doesn't have a KYC, use Tor browser to visit their site from other regions and even if they want your passport, as I know lot of guys are selling their documents for that purposes
Leftneck

Activity: 476

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 03:58:54 PM

I just don't know how.
try to read the rules first.
you can join ico according to your choice if already know about the concept and how it works.
all can be learned easily and can be applied easily too

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
maremostro

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 04:08:53 PM

As there are americans and americans . I do like the idea of the thread.
So pls americans reading it don't be lazy (personally i would instate auditing/policing authority "crypto police" )and do something about it its a bit like do you piss in women's toilet well i do i just aint getting caught .
Somebody may accuse me to encourage to commit offence come on isn't it  hypocrisy, you can serve the idea like a man or like a .... 
So the options are.
 Join a funding Pool ... look and you will find ... maybe try asking around admins of ico groups
 Get yourself someone you can trust and is not american.
 Follow this thread workarounds are aplenty

And hello beutifoul community pls support ideas alike WEPOWER SUNMONEY KEPLER VREO INVACIO and so many more how hard it is to start an ico just after reading this https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/pentland-firth-tidal-power-station-electricity-generation-energy-renewables-a7922141.html

We do need more projects for our benefit and everybody's benefit
KryptoKai

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 04:32:28 PM

It would be difficult to enforce as it is easy to use a VPN or tor. America would have to ask the Chinese for help building the great firewall of USA so they can block websites of those offering ICOs. If they block VPNs and TOR then they can enforce the ban, otherwise I think US citizens will continue to invest anonymously

xiaohang07

Activity: 392
Merit: 253

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 04:38:07 PM

I just don't know how.
You can do it by participating ICO private pools. They will get the allocation from the teams and you just need to trust them, which could be a big problem.

JW9494 (OP)

Activity: 178
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 03:10:09 AM

Lol these were all very entertaining.. I mean it..
It might be the first post in which I didn't get
someone way to serious, or 9/10 replies saying,
"SpectreCoin--100x and it'll let you participate in ico's"..

So, enlighten me some more, please...
I have a VPN.. So that basically doesn't get me flagged
as a US resident, in the beginning. Then they ask for KYC &
Passport Number & Picture, to release your coins or even just
to allow you to participate.

For example, Zhao Tao, he's from China and buys 2k TEC...
The firm distributing the TEC emails Zhao and says, your
TEC tokens are ready, but first we need your passport.

What now?
VPN only gets you so far, so I'd think
saruxanyan

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 04:09:16 PM

I've heard that the US has banned the use of bitcoin in its own country, but there are always ways to bypass the system, for example, VPN.
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 04:28:57 PM

I just don't know how.
This time the majority of US citizens are not able to participating in the icos. The possible thing if those are participated in the ico used fake identity. VPN is useless right now because the majority of icos are giving obligation to the every ico participants to filled the KYC requirements to prove of they are not from US or another countries banned icos.
I don't see any possible way again. Another possible thing for US citizens to buy the token or coin through exchange site or service.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 04:33:11 PM

unregulated ICOS are mostly schemes at best or scams 90% of the time

why would anyone want in on this environment

POW will be making a return because air drops are mostly manipulated scams too

doyayipaku

Activity: 340

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 04:35:18 PM

I have read an article that the US has banned ICO in their country. I think you should try to use vpn to transfer your ip to another country and join the ICO.
manoj kumar k

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 04:39:11 PM

I just came to know about the article that the US has banned ICO in usa. I think you should try to use vpn to transfer your ip to another country and join the ICO.
Agathai

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 04:39:18 PM

I have read an article that the US has banned ICO in their country. I think you should try to use vpn to transfer your ip to another country and join the ICO.
I think that's not the optimal way. Most of the ico campaigns are restricted to US citizens. And their ICO process is validated by KYC through a whitelist. That means, they will not be able to get the investment token in the form of ico. Once a US citizen is strictly prohibited from participating, there is a significant influence on the ICO's revenue origination.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: