Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:17:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Only 16.7 million Bitcoins in circulation?  (Read 452 times)
DarkNight_1St

Activity: 197
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 02:20:00 AM

It's don't a problem!
This is reason because why BTC can go to the moon!
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tipsters

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 02:26:42 AM

I read an article recently that gave the number of bitcoins in circulation to be 16.7miion. The article also stated that, bitcoins are being regulated not to exceed 21million in circulation.

What is the reason behind this measure to limit circulating bitcoins to 21 million where as the world’s population is 7.3 billion?

Will many individuals not be denied easy access to earn and invest in bitcoin?
16.7 million in circulation is already a big number. I do not know how they regulate it but I think the blockchain technology has something to do with this. Also anyone can buy bitcoin but it also depends on the country they are living. Also, the population of the world is not constant and therefore the regulation of bitcoin will not be constant either.
boboking

Activity: 224
Merit: 19

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 02:58:08 AM

I read an article recently that gave the number of bitcoins in circulation to be 16.7miion. The article also stated that, bitcoins are being regulated not to exceed 21million in circulation.

What is the reason behind this measure to limit circulating bitcoins to 21 million where as the world’s population is 7.3 billion?

Bitcoin is not being regulated to not exceed 21 million it was created that way. To be honest nobody know what is the exact reason why it was created that way, unless you know Satoshi Nakamoto or Satoshi reveals himself and answer that question no one will be able to answer that question.

In concern with the population and being denied to access Bitcoin, it  has smaller units and no one will deny someone, everyone can get bitcoin/satoshi.
jonloner011

Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 07:45:00 AM

It’s true. The numbers are valid. Don’t have clear idea what would happen when all done. I think, the transaction fee will. Plus, when demand is high and supply is limited, the price of the coins will surely rise like rocket. A lot of developments are happening around Bitcoin. I believe, something will come up.
Nana1 (OP)

Activity: 85

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 02:09:25 PM

It is a relatively low number in order to promote the value of Bitcoin. That is if fear does not control emotions and limit its possibilities. The only thing that will really stop Bitcoin is the fear of the masses.
“fear of the masses”, this is deep. I however think makority of the fear are in place: there are too many hackers and scams in the bitcoin/cryptocurrency community.
GoodLuck2

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 08:21:18 PM

There are only 21 million Bitcoins available for mining. Once all of those Bitcoins have been mined, no more new Bitcoins will ever be created. This stands in stark contrast to national currencies, which are constantly expanding. For this bitcoins are being regulated not to exceed 21million in circulation.         
21 million Bitcoins only for 7 billion population in the world it means 1 bitcoin for 0.3 million people this is what makes bitcoin unique . Still only 16.7 million bitcoin have been mined for for mining remaining you have to use high processing machines which cost too  much on a small scale so for mining remaining Bitcoin it will require a long time to mine remaining that a unique feature that has made bitcoin so popular as the less the quantity more the price.
Nana1 (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 02:33:36 PM

It's don't a problem!
This is reason because why BTC can go to the moon!
You're right DarkNight. i think I figured this out too late.
Thecryptocurrency09

Activity: 346
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 02:46:30 PM

It is actually possible that only 16.7 million is in circulation. Maybe this does not even touch the half of the percentage of bitcoin user but I believe that the bitcoin user who is part of this 16.7 million is the one who know how bitcoin run well.
jademacoy

Merit: 8

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 02:50:05 PM

I believe it is a good thing, there won't be more than 21 million of bitcoins. So it is limited. For that reason it will never lose its value the way our money is losing day by day.

Well yeah i agree with you this will help benefit us especially in market price where in nowadays it is so cheap compared to last month or the other months of market price. Well this does not mean that even if there are 16.7M bitcoin in circulation then the rest will not be counted for it will be mined through the bitcoin miners. These 21M of bitcoins will be counted to be exactly 21M in the near future.
MyCoin8

Activity: 38

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 02:52:30 PM

The whole world population must not own Bitcoin at the same time just as you don't the whole world owning dollar. It can always be passed on from one person to another in form of exchange for goods or services.
BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2018, 03:08:01 PM

- https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Controlled_supply

- https://satoshi.nakamotoinstitute.org/posts/p2pfoundation/1/

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
Nana1 (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 09:45:23 AM

The whole world population must not own Bitcoin at the same time just as you don't the whole world owning dollar. It can always be passed on from one person to another in form of exchange for goods or services.
I get your dollar analogy but like Fiat currency(an umbrella under which dollar falls), the idea and vision behind cryptocurrency(under which falls bitcoin) is the creation of a global digital currency that can be used for trade in any jurisdiction. At least that's what bitcoin enthusiasts are fighting for, that each nation of the world will legalize the use of bitcoin for commercial trade and transactions.
Odlanyer

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 02:20:28 PM

Bitcoin in circulation is more than 16.7 until the bitcoin was lasts long the users is more and mor. Everyday, everymonth, everyyear many people will include and consider. The population of the world is not constant and therefore the regulation of bitcoin will not be constant.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 05:13:16 AM

When you think about this kind of supply, Bitcoin is actually quite undervalued in my books. There are some people holding thousands of Bitcoin and others struggling even to get to their first Bitcoin, but the more and more people find out about it as a store of value, they will surely be fighting over each other get a piece of this pie. Although we see the market as suppressed right now when some peeps called for 100k USD  Bitcoin I don't think we are too far off from those days coming within the next few years. I think three million Bitcoin are lost forever from wallets that people forgot their private keys to.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
kesmex

Activity: 1110
Merit: 104

The OGz Club

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 08:30:08 AM

indeed, the supply of bitcoin that is currently circulating in the market and in individuals is around 16.7 million from a maximum supply of 21 million, because the remaining supply of bitcoin is still not mined and is still in the mining process, maybe in 2021 or 2022 the supply of bitcoin has run out in mine.

The OGz Club     [ [ [ [ [   The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project   ] ] ] ] ]
Website     ◢ Reddit     ◢ Telegram     ◢ Twitter     ◢ TikTok     ◢ Facebook
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ►► Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
jayveerastrullo

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 08:31:34 AM

Now i am not that active on bitcoin. Like i just wait to bitcoin increase and sell it when it reaches again to 20k dollars.

❤   humancoin   ❤ (https://www.humancoin.net/)
Join our whitelist!
█A new era of charity █
PointHope

Activity: 317
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 08:34:03 AM

We will be talking about 'Satoshi' and fractions thereof.

1 USD = 1 Satoshi  is in the foreseeable future.
kerjakuat

Activity: 346
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 08:36:46 AM

indeed, the supply of bitcoin that is currently circulating in the market and in individuals is around 16.7 million from a maximum supply of 21 million, because the remaining supply of bitcoin is still not mined and is still in the mining process, maybe in 2021 or 2022 the supply of bitcoin has run out in mine.
That why bitcoin are more valuable to mine then gold. Its has only 21 million maximum with people's 16.7 billion in the world. How much bitcoin can be up it depend on the need of our. That why I believe bitcoin can bounce again and can be more pricey when the market are recovering again.

[   N O M I N E X   ]        EXCHANGE       ◥        telegram      facebook      twitter
(❪   WIN 1000 USDT   ❫)         in         T R A D E R S   C O M P E T I T I O N
███ Create account ███ [ REF. CAMP. ] Nominex Binary Affiliate Program
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 09:19:15 PM

Same reason why Gold supply is limited compare to the large size of human population on Earth?

Humans for some strange reasons value things that are scarce and long lasting. I guess Bitcoin was created to imitate this aspect of relationships with values which actually made it valuable today. .
jwplayer0
Copper Member

Merit: 30

[REP] Augur

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 09:27:46 PM

This is one of many reasons why bitcoin will never be use like cash (money)

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: