Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 05:47:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Possible to make alts move without BTC ?  (Read 588 times)
dz roknroll27

Activity: 378
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 11:04:34 PM

are usually traded in BTC or ETH pair, Etherum is often said to be a coin that has a high popularity like Bitcoin,  so there's no other choice for the other to be paired to BTC ir ETH.
ekin4

Activity: 663
Merit: 505

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 11:11:26 PM

It's very hard because the market is still depending on Bitcoin heavily. Maybe next years we can see unique altcoins but right now everything is bound to Bitcoin. Ethereum tried to make its own move but failed lately. You can see how hard they fell over.
Aleksandr_ov

Activity: 252
Merit: 44

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 11:24:20 PM

I hope the day will come when it comes, but there must be such a strong product, it's like an example with ruble money, oil falls and the ruble falls, oil rises and the ruble grows, and no matter how much russia becomes an agrarian supplier, the stereotype has formed that tied the ruble to oil...
Encelad

Activity: 294
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 11:24:34 PM

The market is very young and therefore unstable. Bitcoin is the flagship. That's why the whole market is still on it. There is a popular opinion that in the future it will lose its leading position.
mikyadel

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

Arabic Translator

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 11:30:54 PM

noway .Btc is like the engine of cryptocurrency . when it falls , people lose faith in the field and panic . we have to wait until Btc rises and also stabilize in price Before going green on alts.

delarossa

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

MINTER

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2018, 02:44:16 PM

Actually altcoin may stand alone even without bitcoin. But now Bitcoin is the only benchmark for other altcoins. It is possible that altcoin is still using a system that is not much different from bitcoin. The altcoin developers may also be looking for the latest way to find a solution for altcoin to stand alone in the sense that its price will not follow the bitcoin completely.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 02:51:33 PM

Hi to you all !!

Is it possible to make alts move without growth of BTC ?

I know it is possible just look at MC down to 280b today. And we can see a few coins going up when BTC is going down. Know many sell their alts moving to BTC when the market going down. What if we all stop doing this and just focus on the coins we believe in ?

If BTC drops 50% you will lose the same amount of $ if you hold BTC or another coin (know BTC will recover faster) if thats your excuse. I see many post topics about why do alts drop. But to answer that question do alts drop because most of the traders move their investments from alts to BTC when the market goes red.

Why dont we just stop doing this and change the crypto world together ?
It is called the cryptocurrency market not the bitcoin market or the altcoin market, when they move they move together its just happens that bitcoin was the first and that is why it has the largest investment cap in it, news and events that happen to this market are what effects the investments and the prices, as you saw over the last couple of months when the cryptocurrnecy had a lot debate from governments it affected every single coin not just bitcoin or the altcoins.
fredemar12

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 02:55:24 PM

This is the logical reaction of the market. So it was and so it will be. I also really do not like it when the price of coins falls behind the bitcoin.
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1666

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 03:10:59 PM

Hi to you all !!

I know it is possible just look at MC down to 280b today. And we can see a few coins going up when BTC is going down. Know many sell their alts moving to BTC when the market going down. What if we all stop doing this and just focus on the coins we believe in ?

If BTC drops 50% you will lose the same amount of $ if you hold BTC or another coin (know BTC will recover faster) if thats your excuse. I see many post topics about why do alts drop. But to answer that question do alts drop because most of the traders move their investments from alts to BTC when the market goes red.

Well its really possible. We have seen that happens in the past, specially in December. Both altcoins and bitcoin moves in the same pattern, actually most altcoins did soar higher that bitcoin in that time frame so its really it is really possible.

But the thing is that most investors tends to shift their funds a lot in this market. So if you see the bitcoin is gaining and altcoins sliding, it only means that those altcoin holders are moving funds across the other market.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
grknondr

Activity: 182
Merit: 20

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 03:19:26 PM

They are highly related to BTC. We cant say fully but higly. What you say and ask is not possible. Everbody holds different altcoins. How can people come together and stay against BTC? And this is "market".
Omnopon)

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 01:10:40 PM

Altcoins are no longer so dependent on Bitcoin as it was last year. I think it's entirely possible for a coin to develop even if BTC is on a dump.
IloveDigibyte

Activity: 303

POS / PRIMENODES

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 01:14:36 PM

Altcoins are no longer so dependent on Bitcoin as it was last year. I think it's entirely possible for a coin to develop even if BTC is on a dump.

Yes, altcoins are not depending on Bitcoin. But the investors are. The investors are following Bitcoins movement and from there comes the whole transition to alts.
I don't think we will see any altcoin mowing separately this or next year.

btcdevil
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1027

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 01:22:15 PM

Hi to you all !!

Bitcoin is not controlled by anyone and most of the business are going on Bitcoin so the recovery is fast and confirm. But if you take altcoin then they are all controlled by their developers and the movement is almost based on their project success or any pump group play with them. If their is major crash then the altcoin going dead is confirm and recovering of the price is almost dead.
BrBoy

Activity: 453

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 03:23:20 PM

Despite the fact that Bitcoin now is very low in price, he is still a leader and I hope that he will begin to recover.
Kurva (OP)

Activity: 319
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 03:56:03 PM

I have seen so many saying the same thing. If BTC move alts move. So how can we make alts less dependent on BTC movements ? Thats why i say stop moving $ from alts to BTC when the market goes down. If i am wrong about this than lest just forget it ,)

dogtana

Activity: 845
Merit: 56

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 04:00:27 PM

Yes it is and it is all up to us!
Dima95

Activity: 392
Merit: 27

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2018, 04:02:55 PM

i thinks yes. that`s how decred moves usually. but, i guess, this coin has to get it own big demand. it can be reached if alt will be practically usable

Midas111

Activity: 772
Merit: 105

Close the federal reserve

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 04:04:46 PM

Yes, altcoins are not depending on Bitcoin. But the investors are. The investors are following Bitcoins movement and from there comes the whole transition to alts.
I don't think we will see any altcoin mowing separately this or next year.

Check out WAU Coin, its an appreciating monetary unit that has outperformed almost everything in 2018. The devs of WAU Coin are releasing NUMA soon that will be totally untied from bitcoin and will rise in pairing from usd. Very exciting stuff is happening in cryptocurrency despite the darkness from the crashing in major coins and media

I enjoy working with the finest digital currency developers on earth
CryptikEnigma

Activity: 336
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 07:54:05 PM

I'm actually very surprised as Bitcoin still remains in the first place, because many altcoins even now show a good price increase.
faceoff97

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 08:03:52 PM

Alternative coins were not actually made to be dependent on bitcoin. Different kind of coin has soecific purpose to serve and different development track to undergo. The truth is that, altcoins are just dependent on bitcoin because bitcoin is the control variable in most exchanges. I would say that a coin might go higher than bitcoin when developed by the dev team.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: