Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 12:19:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I shut it down tonight boys.  (Read 5066 times)
astrong

Activity: 160
Merit: 3

Aku belum mandi Taktuntuang Taktuntuang

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 03:19:59 PM

My little hobby rig cannot find a coin to mine thats profitable. Even with $0.06kWh electricity Im losing money from this point on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSUIQgEVDM4
Do you ever try another coins? like xmy or xmv? or sumocoin? I guess more and more people are retiring from mining altcoin it will become a good news for other miner  Grin The hashrate will be decrease, am I right? So if you have no passion in mining, please let it another people take it. Do you want to sell your rig to me? maybe I will be interested

◯●●●●●       OmniBazaar.com       ●●●●●◯
Shop without middlemen. Pay without bankers
Mohondoa

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 02:33:34 AM

It's up to you to turn it off or turn it on. For me mining is fun. Even though many peoples say mining is now more difficult and more expensive. I don't care,  for me mining can increase income even it small income.
I think that's depends how we use from the mining results, that's can makes become more profitable.
Bulitt (OP)

Activity: 108
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 04:11:22 AM

I quit monero as the profitability of it has tanked because of its price. Currently mining Zencash and Feathercoin. Monero's value has declined so rapidly that I mined for 30 days and didnt make a single cent.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 07:48:30 AM

I quit monero as the profitability of it has tanked because of its price. Currently mining Zencash and Feathercoin. Monero's value has declined so rapidly that I mined for 30 days and didnt make a single cent.

You are actually better off just mining XMR and holding because it's currently at $150 which is a very important supper level.

Pull up a chart and look at the daily or the weekly. Very strong support in that area. Basically similar to LTC chart.

Most likely this support will hold and you can resell higher in a few months.
aundroid
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1247

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 08:32:53 AM

You are such a funny boy. Mining at 10 cents/kwh is not profitable at all. It's just a waste of time and bit money. Better try fishing or smth like that Smiley

Did you ever mine?

There are a lot of profitable coins to mine out there.
If you are only looking on whattomine you are doing something wrong  Wink

►►►     MY TOPICS     ◄◄◄
➤ Blockchain Basics - FAQ DE    ➤ [Guide] Protect your Crypto: Security tips for your home computer & network DE | EN    ➤ Crypto SCAM - HowTo protect yourself EN    ➤ [CHECKLISTE] zur Bewertung von ICOs  DE
➤ [Overview] Exchanges, IEOs and their ROIs DE | EN   ➤ [Howto] Use Ledger Nano as Security Key DE | EN    ➤ [OVERVIEW] Recommended Crypto Telegram Bots  DE | EN    ➤ [Overview] GUI Miner DE | EN
➤ Activity, Merit und Ranganforderungen im Forum DE    ➤ Alternativen zu Piggy's Notification Bot DE    ➤ [Howto] Give Bitcoin as a gift  DE | EN
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2018, 08:54:20 AM

You are such a funny boy. Mining at 10 cents/kwh is not profitable at all. It's just a waste of time and bit money. Better try fishing or smth like that Smiley

With laughable comments like these two and the decreasing profitability i wonder why we even try and help people and point them at the right direction. People who look at daily rates or whattomine as measures of profitability probably deserve to be the first to be pushed out of the mining scene. More for us is good.

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
Bulitt (OP)

Activity: 108
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 06:01:16 PM

Shut it down again. Capitulating and selling my entire bag. Selling GPU's on kijiji.
ronnieb

Activity: 198
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 06:04:08 PM

Just waiting for winter to arrive so they can be dual purpose heaters.
toptek12

Activity: 123
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 06:13:27 PM

Full home solar i all most don't pay any thing for Electricity i love it, i can mine all most endlessly rather it's a good time or not .as long as i can stand the heat and noise, I'm gonna mine, Electricity is no issue for me .

SO I'll keep mining a way.

remauto1187ma

Activity: 234
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 10:50:47 PM

Full home solar i all most don't pay any thing for Electricity i love it, i can mine all most endlessly rather it's a good time or not .as long as i can stand the heat and noise, I'm gonna mine, Electricity is no issue for me .

So Santa Claus delivered you a whole home solar power system?

Youre not fooling anyone, your power isnt free.  You just paid for it up front and have how many decades before you get ROI on it?  How much equipment will you have to replace before the ROI day comes? Hmmm
remauto1187ma

Activity: 234
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 10:52:02 PM

They do make great space heaters! I told my wife we need a couple rigs in every room!
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 12:41:46 AM

They do make great space heaters! I told my wife we need a couple rigs in every room!

Wish it worked that way for me, but honestly, a six gpu 1080ti rig was heating my small home office way less adequately than a $30 dollar space heater last winter.  Furnace on at 70F.  Noise on that rig wasn't bad, but I just prefer to have all of my rigs in one room, and live a semi-normal life style outside of mining.  31 gpu's in a 12x15 room isn't bad during the winter, the room is actually cold with one intake fan and one other open window.  Indiana late spring/summer forced me to come up with a way to exhaust the heat.  The ambient room temp is about 6F above the temp of the intake air, but before I started exhausting at 3500ish cfm, that six degrees could easily climb to 20 degrees or higher.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
gotminer

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 12:48:49 AM

So Santa Claus delivered you a whole home solar power system?

Youre not fooling anyone, your power isnt free.  You just paid for it up front and have how many decades before you get ROI on it?  How much equipment will you have to replace before the ROI day comes? Hmmm

Perhaps he installed the solar panels, prior to getting into mining.  I know someone who invested money into solar power, ended up with a lot of extra and found mining, because he was trying to find something to do with that extra power.  I'm paying around 0.10kwh ... I haven't shut down my rigs at all this year, because to be honest ... Mining shitcoins to accumulate more btc is my only objective.  I look at usd value way less than I look at how much btc I can get out of whatever shitcoin I've mined.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 12:58:36 AM

FYI, some solar panels and inverters out there have 25 years of warranty, while most average at around 10 years of warranty.

Guess how long it takes to ROI a simple grid-tied solar installation? 4-5 years. Good luck to you chumps. Anyone not investing in solar is missing out. Just get a simple enough solar system that supports your household consumption.
gotminer

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 01:02:10 AM

FYI, some solar panels and inverters out there have 25 years of warranty, while most average at around 10 years of warranty.

Guess how long it takes to ROI a simple grid-tied solar installation? 4-5 years. Good luck to you chumps. Anyone not investing in solar is missing out. Just get a simple enough solar system that supports your household consumption.

Oh I agree with you.  Personally, I don't plan living in my current home for more than another few years, so I don't feel like I should be investing in solar.  When I get to my forever home, I will certainly be looking at it.

astrong

Activity: 160
Merit: 3

Aku belum mandi Taktuntuang Taktuntuang

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 04:24:00 AM

Why I think you are crying like a baby LoL Bye bye baby miner, I hope there are many people like you that will shut it down their rig and looking for the other hobby. It will give a good chance for another miner to gain more profit. If people like you still mining, it just only increase the difficulty of shared mining.

◯●●●●●       OmniBazaar.com       ●●●●●◯
Shop without middlemen. Pay without bankers
stiucsib86

Activity: 91

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 05:23:11 AM

Yup. Can consider Tesla's Solar! https://www.tesla.com/energy. 25 years warranty, useful life span of 35 years. Cheesy
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 07:47:11 AM

Yup. Can consider Tesla's Solar! https://www.tesla.com/energy. 25 years warranty, useful life span of 35 years. Cheesy
too expensive compared to other solar options
sockpuppet1911

Activity: 994
Merit: 278

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 10:45:29 AM

I was under the impression some of the CryptoNote coins are still profitable. I guess it depends what you're mining with too.
dimpsk

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 05:07:20 AM

Not profitable at all you say? I have a mixed rig of 6x 1060 and 2x 1080 mining ZEN that makes $8.50 in profit per day net of electric costs of $0.12US/kw-h.

Granted, it's not nearly as good as it was back in January when I was bringing in nearly 3x that amount, but a profit is a profit.

I have another rig (incomplete due to GPU shortage) of 4x RX 560 that makes about $2 in net profit mining MUSIC.

And a motley collection of CPUs and an RX 570 mining ITNS that may or may not be profitable, but I don't really care because I am waiting for more progress on their VPN.

So, yeah, mining is still profitable, just not "throw a dart at any shitcoin and go" profitable.

It's not possible to have profit from mining with electricity costs at $0.1 and more try to fix your calculator.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: