Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:40:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I shut it down tonight boys.  (Read 5066 times)
remauto1187ma

Activity: 234
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 06:32:08 AM

You are such a funny boy. Mining at 10 cents/kwh is not profitable at all. It's just a waste of time and bit money. Better try fishing or smth like that Smiley

Not profitable at all you say? I have a mixed rig of 6x 1060 and 2x 1080 mining ZEN that makes $8.50 in profit per day net of electric costs of $0.12US/kw-h.

Granted, it's not nearly as good as it was back in January when I was bringing in nearly 3x that amount, but a profit is a profit.

I have another rig (incomplete due to GPU shortage) of 4x RX 560 that makes about $2 in net profit mining MUSIC.

And a motley collection of CPUs and an RX 570 mining ITNS that may or may not be profitable, but I don't really care because I am waiting for more progress on their VPN.

So, yeah, mining is still profitable, just not "throw a dart at any shitcoin and go" profitable.

It's not possible to have profit from mining with electricity costs at $0.1 and more try to fix your calculator.

Your math sucks. Go work on it!  At .1/kwh there is profit.
Kryptowolf512

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

German Translator - Hire me on Bitcointalk!

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2018, 06:42:05 AM

You are such a funny boy. Mining at 10 cents/kwh is not profitable at all. It's just a waste of time and bit money. Better try fishing or smth like that Smiley

Not profitable at all you say? I have a mixed rig of 6x 1060 and 2x 1080 mining ZEN that makes $8.50 in profit per day net of electric costs of $0.12US/kw-h.

Granted, it's not nearly as good as it was back in January when I was bringing in nearly 3x that amount, but a profit is a profit.

I have another rig (incomplete due to GPU shortage) of 4x RX 560 that makes about $2 in net profit mining MUSIC.

And a motley collection of CPUs and an RX 570 mining ITNS that may or may not be profitable, but I don't really care because I am waiting for more progress on their VPN.

So, yeah, mining is still profitable, just not "throw a dart at any shitcoin and go" profitable.

It's not possible to have profit from mining with electricity costs at $0.1 and more try to fix your calculator.
Check your math again. I have profits with a electricity costs at 0.3$  Wink
darkneorus

Activity: 238
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 06:45:14 AM

$0.03 here, guys
welcome to Russia. a wonderful country Smiley
p3ppymon

Activity: 700
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 06:50:01 AM

If you are a recreational miner, I am assuming you are doing it for fun and you do not care much about the crypto price swings. Thing about it this way: you bought some coins or tokens and the price is going down. Wait for better times before you can sell for a profit. Hence, keep mining regardless.
remauto1187ma

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 06:52:52 AM

$0.03 here, guys

.044 /kwh   US (Indiana).  Your power might be cheap in Russia but at what costs? Think about that.
darkneorus

Activity: 238
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 07:34:47 AM

$0.03 here, guys

.044 /kwh   US (Indiana).  Your power might be cheap in Russia but at what costs? Think about that.
not sure what you are talking about, bro. Roll Eyes
remauto1187ma

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 08:33:21 AM

$0.03 here, guys

You dont know because you "may not know any other way".  But hey, this goes more into a political, national, etc type discussion that I am sure nobody else wants to hear about.  Atleast not in this thread anyway.  PM me if you want to chat.
sergey1301

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 06:27:57 AM

Hello! Ethereum Classic is a good coin. I mine it, and it is more profitable than ethereum. I get with it 15$ in day!!
Signaturan

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 03:05:20 AM

$0.03 here, guys

You can make some profits. But the ROI is still long.
Bulitt (OP)

Activity: 108
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 07:46:40 PM

Ive been super profitable making over $CAD2.50/day but now there is a heat wave and for the well being of other occupants of this house I shut it down today. Here's hoping by the time it cools down tonight I can turn the rigs back on. Our little window air conditioner cant compete with a 1300sq ft house with a 2 card rig and a single card + cpu rig. My consumption is around 480W and everything runs below 67°C even in this heat. Its just throwing off so much heat that our house is just far too hot.
smoolae

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 07:52:15 PM

Sold my mining rig in the beginning of April. Electricity here costs 0.13eur/kWh and the money I finally got from mining didn't really justify the heat and the loud sound from the GPUs anymore. During the winter months, the heat was very welcome  Cheesy

Bulitt (OP)

Activity: 108
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 08:05:40 PM

Sold my mining rig in the beginning of April. Electricity here costs 0.13eur/kWh and the money I finally got from mining didn't really justify the heat and the loud sound from the GPUs anymore. During the winter months, the heat was very welcome  Cheesy

Same here in the winter it was nice because I like it a little warmer than the rest of the house. Im not one to complain about cold/heat but today it is just too hot for me, which says something so it must be very tough on the elderly.
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 08:26:34 PM

In places where is very cold on winter, mining is positive cause you get free heating and money, also, mining uses a lot less electricity on winter, about 20% - 40% less than on summer, meaning is worth on winter and worthless on summer. Smart people sold all their gpu's before summer and with the money and if mining will still be worth then might purchase the new nvidia in September for winter, so b uy in September and sell in April hehe.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
toptek12

Activity: 123
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 08:40:25 PM

Me I'm mining an holding i can make a profit now even with my Electricity cost,.12 cent when solar isn't running at nite I"m still doing great and now is the best time to mine even with the Air cranked up .

I'm on the poor side of middle class .
toptek12

Activity: 123
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 08:48:10 PM

$0.03 here, guys

.044 /kwh   US (Indiana).  Your power might be cheap in Russia but at what costs? Think about that.

I know what hes talking about but 'I'm not to sure if he means trump is wining or not because when this trade war shit hits hard everyone in the US will fill it .. hes either giving you a warning or is a trump follower and is very delusional. ...it's one or the other .
Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 09:02:01 PM

I know what hes talking about but 'I'm not to sure if he means trump is wining or not because when this trade war shit hits hard everyone in the US will fill it .. hes either giving you a warning or is a trump follower and is very delusional. ...it's one or the other .

Trump wants more money for the goverment, any money not charged goes to US people and trump does not want that. Many govs tax 100% or more for imported goods and that money goes to the gov and do you know who pays for it? the end buyer. The chinese will keep selling for example a gpu for $300 and if right now you pay $300 then if there is a 40% import tax then expect the same gpu $420, you need to understand that the chinese are still selling for $300 to you or to the world, those $120 goes from you to the US gov.

adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 09:33:39 PM

Mining at a loss or mining at break-even is pretty much no different than being a hodl'er.

For some its easier to mine than to go to a Bitcoin ATM and withdraw BTC or to open an account with an exchange and buy their BTC by sending a bank deposit.

Hence this is the reason why, prices are low and yet the difficulty still refuses to drop. This is most likely going to be the trend for the next few months.

Even in 2015... when mining was hardly profitable with BTC. The difficulty still refuses to drop.

Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 11:38:35 PM

The difficulty still refuses to drop.

Sooner or later it will go up, that is the thought btc miners had or have, so they dont buy anymore miner but they do not stop mining it as long as electricity is not at loss.

squallw

Activity: 504
Merit: 122

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 02:54:09 AM

$0.06 per kwh and you can't find a profitable coin for mining?
I'm paying $0.22 per kwh and i'm still mining, my rig has low net profit per day because my electricity is very expensive, but i can profit about $4 per day(bitcoin at $6500).

Anyway you can mine and hold some months until bull market comes.
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 03:42:14 AM

$0.06 per kwh and you can't find a profitable coin for mining?
I'm paying $0.22 per kwh and i'm still mining, my rig has low net profit per day because my electricity is very expensive, but i can profit about $4 per day(bitcoin at $6500).

Anyway you can mine and hold some months until bull market comes.

Exactly.  Get rich quick miners who invested too much in hardware and don't have the funds to pay for electricity can't wait months or years, before they run out of steam.  They had a bad business plan from the beginning and now they are shitting their pants.   Grin Grin Grin  ... It's the difference between those who mine for daily profit and those who mine for annual or longer time frame profits.

My business plan back in the fall of 2017 was based on pure speculation, as should all who are developing a mining plan today.  Don't put all of your eggs in one basket.  Don't put all of your available funds into mining hardware.  Learn to trade, learn to read charts and indicators.  Buy coins for long term holding and set aside a small percentage to trade, just to learn.

Personally, I don't sell any mined coins for fiat, and probably won't for a couple more years.  I do trade mined alts for btc though, when the time is right.  I think that's the most important part of gpu mining shit coins right now.  Know when to trade them for btc.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: