Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:16:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple vs Bitcoin? Decentralize vs Centralize, Who win?  (Read 811 times)
GeckoTrader

Activity: 196
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 05:29:44 PM

Decentralize cryptocurrency is losing position compared to centralize crypto?
Recently there are many managers, publishers are abandoning decentralize development cryptocurrency. presently, the growth of centralize crypto like Ripple platform. Does bitcoin actually lose the battle with ripple? What do you think?

I still believe that decentralized cryptocurrency is more secure and reliable compared to centralized. Ripple (XRP) is transforming from centralized into a decentralized one. You can double check my point in their website. But what I can see right now is that ripple has a better use case scenario compared to bitcoin. It solve a lot of downfall in the payment system. I don't believe what other people say that it was backed by banks. its a matter of fact, banks and other financial exchanges adopt it due to its fast and secure transaction compared to bitcoin.
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
badakjawa

Activity: 336
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2018, 05:51:25 PM

no, both have advantages and disadvantages, bitcoin has a high spreading and Ripple has more volume.

but for a moment, I see bitcoin still dominate and still control the market.

Ripple backed by the bank and that's what makes it win from the volume side.

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
Telegram   Medium   GitHub   Twitter   Reddit   LinkedIn   Facebook
mi2018

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 07:13:56 PM

Banks may try to pump Ripple since it will be the best for them if they were force to switch to cryptocurrencies. However, Ripple hasn't been doing well recently, as far as I know, there were some serious problems. I don't think that Bitcoin will lose with Ripple. We have much stronger community which managed to withstand many problems. I'm obviously rooting for Bitcoin, I have started to appreaciate the value of decentralised system which do not have any leader. The vast majority of the community decides what is the right thing to do.

this view is actually true, most of currency move well up this last several days but ripple did not effectively move
cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 07:41:08 PM

The whole essence of crypto currency is to be decentralized and not centralized currency. But in at that bitcoin will continue to be the king of all crypto and even the ripple will soon be out of the market very soon due to it decentralization.
buburjelly

Activity: 62

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 07:46:37 PM

If viewed from the market capitalization, Ripple's ranking position is still below Bitcoin and Ethereum. I do not think that people will leave bitcoin offhand because they are still convinced that bitcoin can provide a continuous advantage every year although many speculate that bitcoin will be invaded by altcoin.
Xardasim

Activity: 1624
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 07:54:10 PM

In my opinion, decentralized crypto system is much more resourceful than centralized system. So, the reason of cryptocurrencies is private and most people use crypto for that reason. If we think logically, the central system is such a system that when they want to freeze your account they can do it. But, in decentralized system no one can do it and price change with nobody's finger.
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1361

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 10:32:27 PM

In my own opinion, both decentralized and centralized systems will win in the future. The reason for this, is because they're separate from one another, and backed by either individuals or governments alike. Whereas centralized solutions like Ripple are heavily backed by banks, and governments, decentralized solutions like Bitcoin are backed by everyday people or individuals in the free world.

In the end, these systems will co-exist for quite a long time. They have their unique use cases, and can benefit our society towards economic progress. Of course, as a matter of security and reliability, Bitcoin wins. But in terms of transaction speed, and low costs, Ripple has the lead. Therefore, whenever people want to secure their money against external interference, they'll use Bitcoin. On the other hand, if they simply want to send money around the world at near-zero costs and unmatched speeds, they'll use Ripple. Just my thoughts Grin

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
MintDiceSupport

Activity: 154
Merit: 11

MintDice Support

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2018, 10:41:15 PM

Ripple is definately odd in the crypto world to be promoting decentralization and a lot of people don’t see Ripple as a good long-term investment. However, if Ripple’s blockchain gains significant adoption within the industry, the coin could see another upward trajectory.
We touch on this more in our blog post about Ripple so check it out:

Bit.ly/RippleGuide

Hope this helps Smiley

Mintdice.com
Ingoats

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 10:56:46 PM

Ripple despite of being a good crypto won't win to Bitcoin which is a "huge" cryptocurrency for a lomg period of time. From the market price up to the demand, Bitcoin is way higher compared to ripple. The issue about cenrralization is just temporary and when the time come that Bitcoin is already legal to most of the countries, it will be more advantageous to other cryptos.
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 11:07:22 PM

All of investors sincerely will vote for decentralized crypto, they already bored with centralised investment where every step being watched, if the investors want a centralized investment they got stock and Fiat, ripple won't go too far, people don't like a centralized crypto

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
JoshyKulotski

Activity: 127

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 01:12:54 PM

Ripple vs. Bitcoin. As of coin market cap update, Ripple or XRP costs $0.85 in 3B circulating supply it decreases 0.66% while Bitcoin or BTC costs $9,360 in 17M circulating supply it increases 0.65%. On my hypothesis and data gathering, first, it might be a chance for Ripple to overtake Bitcoin this coming years because of its volume in 24 hours. Bitcoin might be the highest valued amount this year and the next other years but in some other cases altcoins like Ripple and Etherium might have the chance to be more high valued coin than Bitcoin.
Decentralize vs. Centralize. Decentralize is open and free in communication and more comparatively faster than Centralize system that is vertical and focuses only on the top or in the higher rank.
KalaiBTC

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 06:20:38 AM

Ripple vs. Bitcoin. As of coin market cap update, Ripple or XRP costs $0.85 in 3B circulating supply it decreases 0.66% while Bitcoin or BTC costs $9,360 in 17M circulating supply it increases 0.65%. On my hypothesis and data gathering, first, it might be a chance for Ripple to overtake Bitcoin this coming years because of its volume in 24 hours. Bitcoin might be the highest valued amount this year and the next other years but in some other cases altcoins like Ripple and Etherium might have the chance to be more high valued coin than Bitcoin.
Decentralize vs. Centralize. Decentralize is open and free in communication and more comparatively faster than Centralize system that is vertical and focuses only on the top or in the higher rank.
We already have everything centralize around us. In such an environment where freedom exists only in books, it is good to have a decentralized option and that also a very powerful and beneficial one. Bitcoin is far better than ripple. Ripple reminds me of paper money. The only difference is that it can’t be touched while bitcoin gives profits, speed, anonymity and freedom.
sircy

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 07:00:57 AM

take a look at the ripple with a centralized system. What is ripple has convincing development? the sense of taste would be far superior with bitcoin system. with the openness of the bitcoin owned then, by all means, this will strongly support development with ease.

whitepaper[large]DataBloc [/large]| website
The Airbnb of Data Services

[small]Twitter | YouTube | Telegram | Facebook | LinkedIn | Reddit[/small]
bit..what?

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 07:16:24 AM

I hope bitcoin wins. I've read nothing good about ripple so far. I always have the feeling ripple is a bank coin and that feeling is not good.
I assume people recognize it someday, that ripple is a centralized coin.

✦ BCB ATM ✦
The Bitcoin ATM Network ₿ Bringing Digital Currencies to Local High Streets!
RoooooR
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

GigTricks.io | A CRYPTO ECOSYSTEM FOR ON-DEMAND EC

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:31:07 AM

it's obviously bitcoin, i mean not even ETH can be beaten by this coin. I am not a hater of this coin and same thing i am not also a fan, but i believe Ripple has it's long way to go to bit this cryptocurrency giants. I believe ripple has it's credibility ripped of being decentralize because it will be a support of banks and other financial institution and i believe this is being questioned by many of experts of crypto enthusiast.

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-------------------------------------------------------------------
.WEBSITE. |█| .WHITEPAPER.

......BOUNTY......
-----------------------------------
..ANN THREAD..
Claudyah

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 12:22:52 PM

Ripple has its own competition. This may be one of the major challenges to its value in the future. Plus, it is possible that true global cryptocurrency could cause Ripple's ability to facilitate the transfer of international fiat currencies to be less useful.
Vit83

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 04:00:41 PM

As I read XRP already blocked some wallets, that they don't like) I don't want to get in the situation that some group of people will do this with my wallet even theoretically Grin

Baronggot

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 04:25:47 PM

I won't have any second thought when it comes to selection between these two crypto giants. Of course, i will choose bitcoin because of its dominance in the whole cryptoworld. It's the crypto that can make my investment 5x to 10x because bitcoin is the most volatile of all cryptos.

dikistutmazsabri

Activity: 279
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 04:28:57 PM

ripple is a nice coin. but I do not think it's strong enough to compete with bitcoin. It needs more time to compete with bitcoin.

swissgang

Activity: 462

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 04:56:12 PM

I think it is not totally about being decentralized or centralized, bitcoin is not a company, and most people don't know the utility of ripple for people, but bitcoin is currency and ripple and other coins are more like a stuff we buy with bitcoin.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: