Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 09:37:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Convince me to buy BTC and not ETH.  (Read 599 times)
DRVX

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 05:05:23 PM

Why convince?
Buy what you believe in

I suppose both cryptocurrencies are very good. The guy can invest in Bitcoin and Ethereum in 60/40% proportion. Today, when the market is low, the time to buy coins has come: use it and you will never regret.
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 05:20:35 AM

Right now the price of bitcoins is so low that it would be extremely beneficial for the ones who would buy this low
Well we cannot be sure that the price will rise again but there is one thing that we can be sure of and that is..
The price of bitcoins will rise from this form at least because even in a day we are seeing the fluctuations that are enough for someone to make a huge profit
Short term trading can give you real advantage at this time.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
kryptoholic

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 05:25:06 AM

to keep it short.. ETH can be replaced (and probably will be) by EOS, ADA, WAN and many others... BTC is king, BTC is gold... you should buy other coins because they will help you accumulate BTC (BTC is your wealth, your other coins are your investments)
plaintiff77

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 05:28:35 AM

Bitcoin is the first crypto currency and also it has the most higher price compare to others specially in eth.Although eth has a good potential but still bitcoin is more profitable that eth.
SirTradeX

Activity: 50

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 05:44:11 AM
Last edit: April 06, 2018, 09:37:36 AM by SirTradeX

Dear OP.

Few steps to answer this question:

* Go coinmarketcap.com and check BTC vs ETH vs ALTs performance in marketcap volume.
* Go to tradingview.com and open yourself a chart of ETH vs BTC and look at the prices change.

Result?

BTC winning vs. ETH for about 45% this year alone - price wise
BTC winning vs everything on market cap. This year BTC went from 31% to 45%

So now you see BTC winning, however you feel like ETH could break out at some point and start gaining vs BTC? Okay good, we must all keep that option open and embrace it if it happens and mostly we must use it to our advantage. Therefore, untill BTC is winning the game keep your $$$ in BTC and simply monitor the market. If or when it happens trade 50% of it into ETH and profit.

Conclusion?

Knowledge is everything. Learn from the past charts, gatther info and adapt.

BR
Uncertaintea

Activity: 91

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 08:18:19 AM

No one can convince you, you do your research yourself into both of these cryptocurrencies and you make a decision based on your findings and conclusiongs.
Stigmooo

Activity: 97

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2018, 08:30:53 AM

I'm pretty new to this, and after researching a bit, I feel like ETH is going places and has far fewer barriers to expansion that BTC. I want to buy and hold some coins, and as of now i'm leaning towards ETH. but I can't ignore the fact that bitcoin seems like top dog still... so convince me to buy BTC instead of eth. Give a reason besides "first movers advantage" Tongue

law of the 1st.. given the fact that btc still on the top.. law of the 1st explains that whoever is at the 1st its hard to beat, why?? here's my opinion i dont know if your going to accept this fact.. eth/btc trading pair compare to eth/usd pair.. and altcoins were almost connected to eth which gives eth value more.. but as btc price down, you cant deny that eth price also went down.. together with altcoins.. to sum up this situation.. eth or altcoins and other crypto currencies were affected when btc price went up or went down.. now think about this.. everyone wants to be rich and want to be the price to go up.. they should push btc 1st in order for them to reach their goal.. the more they push btc up.. the more they will rise.. i have so many things to tell hope i can give you an eye opening reason.. thank you so much..
Isaacck

Activity: 207
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 10:03:37 PM

For me I would recommend you to buy but it still depends whether you started before or just started this moment. Of you just started this moment, I definitely recommend you to buy now because this is an optimal starting point considering bitcoin is starting to rise from its downfall. Ofcourse it depends on you, and the decision is yours, so goodluck
xxToaDxx

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 01:22:55 PM

Lol,  what reward will I get for convincing you in getting bitcoin instead of eth,  1 BTC?  Hahaha,  you will be very convinced when you see the price increase at the end of the year 2018 , these was how many people want us to convince them in buying BTC 2014 , but having seen the tremendous price increase ,  they had to convince themselves into buying it. So don't worry you will definitely be convinced soonest .
dobladi

Activity: 345

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 01:25:42 PM

I'm pretty new to this, and after researching a bit, I feel like ETH is going places and has far fewer barriers to expansion that BTC. I want to buy and hold some coins, and as of now i'm leaning towards ETH. but I can't ignore the fact that bitcoin seems like top dog still... so convince me to buy BTC instead of eth. Give a reason besides "first movers advantage" Tongue
I won't say that etherium is not a good crypto because it is. Etherium is also profitable as an investment just like Bitcoin. But knowing the capability of Bitcoin particularly with the increase on its msrket value, surely Bitcoin is way better than eth. Just try to compare their market statistics and decide for yourself which one is better.

wall101

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 01:30:24 PM

To convince you to buy a bitcoin and not ethereum you need to invest in both coins and see where the bigger the cost and maybe I'm getting you bigger when you bitcoin invested.
zitbau

Activity: 180
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 01:35:25 PM

I think this is up to you. I think bitcoin and ETH are very good. All of them are capable of developing very well in the future. For myself, I would choose bitcoin to invest. This is the virtual currency with the highest growth potential. And I believe in bitcoin technology.

▬██▬▬▬  HORIZON  ▬▬▬██▬
FIRST TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMPANY IN THE WORLD EMPOWERED BY THE ETHEREUM BLOCKCHAIN
▬  HORIZONCOMM.CO  ▬
Revi250cc (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 12:04:47 PM

I think bitcoin is still the best, and ethereum is under bitcoin, and the popularity of bitcoin is still the best. But if you have your choice, you can buy according to your belief.
After the April 10th report on Golem, you have to admit that the "first mover" aka BTC has to compete harder
w5pn73

Activity: 635
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 12:06:37 PM

Ethereum is a centralized ico coin which is less popular than bitcoin, so buy btc  Tongue
Ashleybarnes2

Activity: 64

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 12:09:55 PM

The securities exchange commission. This is the agency that could bring down nearly every ico project in the future. This is a very pacifistic view point but I'm trying to play devils advocate. If you go off the Howie test which is the test of choice for the SEC pretty much all ICO's are securities.
Pinkris128

Activity: 812
Merit: 262

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 12:15:15 PM

Bitcoin was serves as a mother of all crypto currency now. Its popularity now was continuously spreading all over the world. And when you look on its value it was far from the other coins. You can get more benefits in bitcoin than ETH. Bitcoin can more to many thing and can directly converted into fiat.
zarados

Activity: 364
Merit: 130

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 12:19:00 PM

even I want to convince you to buy top 3 coins based on coinmarketcap ( Bitcoin: $130,626,867,312 Mcap, Ethereum: $45,538,886,063 Mcap, Ripple: $21,402,178,032 Mcap). All three have a realistic and very promising future prospect. I do not recommend keeping all balls in one basket and keep in mind that cryptocurrency investments are a very risky type of investment.
Theo222

Activity: 449

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 12:22:56 PM

they are both good in investment but bitcoin will be the top compare ethereum. because bitcoin is the first digital currency have been made by satoshi nakamoto and it is very secured than ethereum based on my expirience. bitcoin is very profitable compare to ethereum, it flactuates every single of time and it is very fast.
Revi250cc (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:20:58 PM

Ethereum is a centralized ico coin which is less popular than bitcoin, so buy btc  Tongue

I've been learning so much just within this blog alone and it looks like a centralized ico coin has more use in todays market.. so it's a good reason to have a little more ETH next to your BTC;)
Revi250cc (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:29:23 PM

The securities exchange commission. This is the agency that could bring down nearly every ico project in the future. This is a very pacifistic view point but I'm trying to play devils advocate. If you go off the Howie test which is the test of choice for the SEC pretty much all ICO's are securities.

I've read several articles on this exact issue.  The SEC definitely had their eyes on ico projects since 2016... I held onto this link. Curious what your thoughts are
https://www.coinist.io/the-howey-test-the-sec-and-ico/ 
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: