Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 09:25:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 [381] 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔷 Waves Tech - a powerful blockchain-agnostic ecosystem  (Read 129479 times)
jerry0

Activity: 1736
Merit: 186

View Profile
March 14, 2022, 08:37:11 PM

Is the reason there is a waves price difference between waves exchange and binance due to the usdt not being exactly one dollar?

Also, does the waves exchange lag when you are going to do trades? 
coco23

Activity: 1974
Merit: 856

View Profile
March 15, 2022, 09:24:43 AM

Is the reason there is a waves price difference between waves exchange and binance due to the usdt not being exactly one dollar?

Also, does the waves exchange lag when you are going to do trades? 
I was just checking now and on Binance Waves/USDT is (Bid/Ask) 25.77/25.78
and on Waves.Exchange Waves/USDN: 25.72/25.92

and USDT/USDN on W.Ex is 1.004/1.0052

The difference is not very big, but I think you are right with your theory. I mean, if it weren't the case then people could do profitable arbitrage trades until those 3 pairs are in balance again. Currently USDN is pretty "stable" and almost worth $1, but we also had situations were 1 USDN traded at 0.97 USDT or USDC and back then all coins (BTC/ETH/Waves) traded for more USDN compared to USDT on other exchanges.

I haven't experienced any lag in the trades. There were a few occasion where it was generally difficult to log in due to server overload (like when the WX IDO had just started), but in 99% of the cases it's working fine.
Waves.support

Activity: 1311
Merit: 28

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2022, 12:05:20 PM

Buckle up, Waves folks! Our huge airdropping event is coming up this Wednesday, March 16!

During the whole week from the launch, you will be able to get some share of daily distributions in Waves-based tokens. Each day for a separate token! Each day — 100 new winners! 🤑😎

What's on the menu? More than 50,000$ for hundreds of participants! 🍽

200 $WAVES (>5,300$)

25 $EGG by Waves Ducks (>5000$)

200 $NSBT (>6,000$)

1,000 $SWOP (>4,000$)

5,000 $USDN (5,000$)

5,000 $WX (>6,200$)

250 $PUZZLE (>5,000$)

100 $VIRES (>$9,500 $)

The 25 most active users and top 25 inviters in the chat during the event (16-24 March) will share an extra pool of Waves-based tokens with a total worth of 10,000$! Whoa, big waves are coming for you! 🌊🌊🌊

Do not forget to subscribe our group and take part!

P.S. Participation rules will be published on the launch day! You don't need extra preparations to claim your entry!
MarquiseMuseum

Activity: 739
Merit: 29

www.MarquiseMuseum.com

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2022, 09:53:23 AM

Bottom is in for TurtleNetwork here at 7500:1 waves which is x200 below baseline rate.

Buy everything below 0.0035.

https://swop.fi/info/3PCdNCULgjM9ZMLEt61M45qxV26ro6o48Jj

Patent studied 2017 Certified ABT/NFT catalogue
https://waves.exchange/trading/spot/BS1KFNR8zrXKBEWdUUvpaP6G57Hic3aESkwK7qQKdLpB_WAVES
ABTx swap certificate for https://rarible.com/MarquiseMuseum/sale 7.5m tokens per NFT
PAMPT

Activity: 236
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2022, 03:55:25 PM

WX token is used to pay transaction fees similar to gas on Ethereum network. Turtle Museum is still here, spouting off his blasphemous rants. Why is that guy hanging out here? He might of accumulated enough WX tokens in his pool to be able to fund his turtle junkwork. He is the creator of that network. From this conclusion falls out the following suggestion, he is here to pursue his ad campaign. Where else can he spam garbage?
jerry0

View Profile
March 17, 2022, 05:56:24 AM

Can someone here explain ViresFinance on waves?  So when you stake waves, you get a small percentage of waves for staking.  However, if you stake USDT or USDC on ViresFinance, are you really getting that much interest that is advertise?

Example say you have 10,000 usd and convert it to btc or waves and want to stake to earn stablecoin.  If you stake/lend 10,000 usdt/usdc for an entire year... how much usdt/usdc will you get at the end of the year?  Because they seem to advertise higher rates than even nexo/celsius/blockfi?  I am confused with this because they use many different terms like Base vAPY and Reward tAPY.

Also usdn staking... that percentage seems to change literally almost every few days?  So if you want to stake stablecoin on waves network, you shouldn't do that?  There is also lambo investments and other things.  Anyone have experience with these? 

coco23

View Profile
March 17, 2022, 07:05:14 AM

Can someone here explain ViresFinance on waves?  So when you stake waves, you get a small percentage of waves for staking.  However, if you stake USDT or USDC on ViresFinance, are you really getting that much interest that is advertise?

Example say you have 10,000 usd and convert it to btc or waves and want to stake to earn stablecoin.  If you stake/lend 10,000 usdt/usdc for an entire year... how much usdt/usdc will you get at the end of the year?  Because they seem to advertise higher rates than even nexo/celsius/blockfi?  I am confused with this because they use many different terms like Base vAPY and Reward tAPY.

Also usdn staking... that percentage seems to change literally almost every few days?  So if you want to stake stablecoin on waves network, you shouldn't do that?  There is also lambo investments and other things.  Anyone have experience with these? 
I am a bit confused by your post as you seem to mix the different investment products that are available

1) Vires
The Supply APY% that you see there is what you currently get. Keep in mind they can change with every block (=every minute), so nobody knows how the rates will be in 1 hour/day/month and nobody can tell you how much you will have earned at the end of the year. This entirely depends on the ratio between supplied and borrowed funds. You can check the "Stats" for each coin/token to see how the APYs developed in the past though.
Yes, the rates are still a bit higher than on other platforms, but they already came down quite a bit. Last year USDC was pretty much consistently over 25%. I expect that eventually rates will be very similar across different platforms when there is enough gateways between them and transaction fees are low enough so that they can interact easily.

2) USDN Staking
Here the APY% changes every day according to the rules set by the Neutrino smart contract (the APY mainly depends on the Waves price and on how many Waves are in the smart contract). Similar to Vires, nobody can tell you how this will develop in the future. You can check the past development for instance here: https://dev.pywaves.org/neutrino/. This shows that in the last 60 days you got an (average) APY of 5.74% for USDN staking.

3) LAMBO investments
This is more like a portfolio managed by a funds manager, where the funds manager is an AI (apparently). To me it is not clear in what products this invests, it would be nice to know actually. Important to know is that you can lose money here. The risk is somewhat controlled so that the drawdown is capped at a maximum of 10%(*). Because of it's relative intransparency I do prefer Vires and Staking over this, but LAMBO token have made quite some good profit in the past.

4) What else is there?
- You can invest into the Pools on the Waves.Exchange. To get the maximum APYs you will have to lock WX tokens however. Here is where you see vAPY (which comes from pool trading) and tAPY (which are WX rewards you get for providing funds to a pool)
- there are also the "LP" (liquidity provider) tokens like USDLP and USDCLP which invest into pools on the Ethereum chain. Also a bit intransparent like the LAMBO tokens, but you can't lose money here(*) as the token proce only goes up. There is a 2 week waiting period however if you want to withdraw your money.

(*) Losing all your money is still possible for all products as there are risks by holding crypto/stablecoins or by trusting smart contracts which could be hacked.

This is not investment advice, just a general information about how the products work. If you find anything wrong in my explanation please let me know. and also do your own research Smiley
jerry0

View Profile
March 17, 2022, 09:22:43 PM

Vires -  Last year USDC was pretty much consistently over 25%.

You are telling me if someone had 10,000 dollars and converted it to 10,000 usdc and did this, they would have gotten 2,500 usdc for the year?  So wouldn't that mean someone with a million dollars would earn a quarter million?  There is no limit to how much you can put?  But then you mention there is risk on this which has me confused.

Well USDN... wasn't the staking percentage over 10% a while back.  So now if it is under 6%, how would that make sense staking it if someone could stake a stablecoin like usdc/usdt or say gusd in nexo/blockfi for more than that?

When you say lock Wx tokens, you mean you have to buy them right?  Thus buy it to stake?  The issue here is if Wx drops a lot... then you would lose money right?  I saw they seem to advertise like 25% interest on Wx... is that correct?  So someone with 5000 Wx worth would earn 1,250 Wx a year?  But the risk here is if the price drops more than 25% after a year, you lose money?  Example you buy Wx for 1.25 and buy 5000 of it.  You invest it in that pool and keep it there a year.  So as long as the Wx price doesn't drop more than 25% from the price you bought a year ago,  you profit correct?  Assuming you plan to sell it after a year?  But if Wx stays the same, you literally earn 25% because you then just sell all the Wx?  If Wx goes higher, you earn 25% plus whatever the Wx prices go up to?

So in terms of all these investments, which is the safest?  Isn't it staking waves you have since you will get a consistent return on it which is more waves?  Of course this is same situation like when you buy waves and earn waves but if waves drops more than x percent that you buy it, then you lose?

What has me confused here is... does the waves exchange allow you to earn interest via stablecoins like with usdc/usdt/gusd like with nexo/blockfi/gemini where you get a flat rate and there is no concern of prices since its pegged to the dollar?  Obviously they can drop the rate a percent or two but that would stijll be earning passive income.  So does waves exchange offer this?  Example, you go and get 10,000 usd and convert it to usdc/usdt and just stake/lend it for passive income?  Because you seem to imply someone would have earned 25% last year if they did usdc... which seem really high etc.  If that is the case, why would anyone stake/lend usdc on nexo/blockfi then for around 10% when they could get more with waves exchange?
coco23

View Profile
March 18, 2022, 07:37:04 AM
Merited by mole0815 (2)

Vires -  Last year USDC was pretty much consistently over 25%.
You are telling me if someone had 10,000 dollars and converted it to 10,000 usdc and did this, they would have gotten 2,500 usdc for the year?  So wouldn't that mean someone with a million dollars would earn a quarter million?  There is no limit to how much you can put?  But then you mention there is risk on this which has me confused.
Yes exactly. I participated in Vires from early on and I think my APY is much higher than 25% considering also the early bird & supply rewards (which are paid in Vires tokens).
Well there is a theoretical limit in that, if you put in significant amounts (in relation to the current supply which now sits at 280M for USDC) you drive down the APY, as the APY is a function of how much is supplied and borrowed. So if you supply $10M (and nothing new is borrowed) then the APY might decrease from 17% to 14% or so (just an example).
In the end the borrowers pay your "interest", if there are none you'll also get no interest. I can't tell you who they are, but they must exist, otherwise Vires wouldn't earn any money (which apparantly currently they do, $43k a day for the whole platform if you look at the governance)

Well USDN... wasn't the staking percentage over 10% a while back.  So now if it is under 6%, how would that make sense staking it if someone could stake a stablecoin like usdc/usdt or say gusd in nexo/blockfi for more than that?
As I wrote the USDN Staking rates depend on the Neutrino SC. If the rate is too low for you then just put your money somewhere else Smiley

When you say lock Wx tokens, you mean you have to buy them right?  Thus buy it to stake?  The issue here is if Wx drops a lot... then you would lose money right?  I saw they seem to advertise like 25% interest on Wx... is that correct?  So someone with 5000 Wx worth would earn 1,250 Wx a year?  But the risk here is if the price drops more than 25% after a year, you lose money?  Example you buy Wx for 1.25 and buy 5000 of it.  You invest it in that pool and keep it there a year.  So as long as the Wx price doesn't drop more than 25% from the price you bought a year ago,  you profit correct?  Assuming you plan to sell it after a year?  But if Wx stays the same, you literally earn 25% because you then just sell all the Wx?  If Wx goes higher, you earn 25% plus whatever the Wx prices go up to?
I think you basically got it right. What you describe here is a standard problem for any coin/token that promises high staking reward. Most of the time the staking reward comes from the inflation of the token supply and (unless the demand for the token increases) this will drive down the price of the token. 100% Staking reward only gives you a profit if your token doesn't drop more than 50% in price.
The WX IDO was last November for 1 WX = 1 USDN and the IDO tokens are relased until November this year. The WX price will not go much higher or lower than 1 USDN until then in my opinion. However, WX still has a high inflation (you can check the token release schedule in the waves.exchange). Don't expect the price to bottom out in the coming months either.

So in terms of all these investments, which is the safest?  Isn't it staking waves you have since you will get a consistent return on it which is more waves?  Of course this is same situation like when you buy waves and earn waves but if waves drops more than x percent that you buy it, then you lose?
I guess this depends on your goals. Do you want the highest possible profit? Or the safest investment? Do you want to increase $? or Waves or BTC?
For most people it is advisable to have a mix of different products in case sth goes wrong with one of your investments. I wouldn't even invest all of my money on Waves only.
There are news almost weekly that somewhere some platform got hacked or the owners run off with the funds. Fortunately this hasn't happened with Waves, but one can't be careful enough in the crypto space

What has me confused here is... does the waves exchange allow you to earn interest via stablecoins like with usdc/usdt/gusd like with nexo/blockfi/gemini where you get a flat rate and there is no concern of prices since its pegged to the dollar?  Obviously they can drop the rate a percent or two but that would stijll be earning passive income.  So does waves exchange offer this?  Example, you go and get 10,000 usd and convert it to usdc/usdt and just stake/lend it for passive income?  Because you seem to imply someone would have earned 25% last year if they did usdc... which seem really high etc.  If that is the case, why would anyone stake/lend usdc on nexo/blockfi then for around 10% when they could get more with waves exchange?
It is a complex problem and I can't give you a 100% good answer either. My question here would be: How can nexo/blockfi pay their interest? Where does the money come from to pay the interests on those platforms? I actually have no idea and would like to know.
Maybe they call it simply "Staking" but do some high risk trades in the background you don't know anything about?

As I wrote in my last post, the interests for the Waves products are generated in different ways: Fees from borrowers (Vires), liquidity provider/trading fees and WX token rewards (WX Pools), liquidity provider fees on Ethereum (LP tokens), Neutrino SC mechanism (USDN Staking), ...
Some Waves products might have higher APY right now, but a whale with a significant deposit could easily drive down the APYs for most of the products. Maybe it's also a question of accessibility of the platform/blockchain and nexo/blockfi operate on ETH or BSC and haven't looked much into Waves? As I said, I think eventually the APYs for similar products will be similar across different platforms once they are inter-operateable.

Each of the different products is associated with different risks and transparency (in that you know whats actually in the "black box" and where your interests come from). In the end you have to decide for yourself how much money you want to put in certain platforms based on that.
jerry0

View Profile
March 18, 2022, 08:23:59 PM

Do you still have funds in VIRES right now?  And if so, which coin are you lending there?  Is it usdc?  Again 25% seems just ridiculously high.  Because I always heard once you go higher than say 12% interest, that is where you draw the line.

So if for example I want to do that with VIRES right now.  Let say to make it simple try it with 1,000 dollars worth of usd or waves or btc.  I would first convert it to usdc right?  Then I would go to Vires and lend the entire 1,000 usdc?  I always hard usdc is safer than usdt though I don't know why there is concern on usdt since it has been around for so long.  So when you view your balance daily, will that 1,000 usdb go up?  Or you earn usdc every week or how often is that amount deposited?

So basically if you put 1,000 usdc in VIRES now, you probably would expect to earn 250 usdc in a year if you just keep it there?  Again this sounds ridiculous because even blockfi/nexo gives at most 12% interest.  So you would be staking or is it lending usdc in VIRES?  The thing that is confusing is how much interest are borrowers even paying for you to get 25% interest?  They are paying much more than that which seem a bit ridiculous? 
So you mean if just one person puts like $10M into VIRES, everyone's APY will drop?  So have you noticed any big drop since you started?

Well I want to know the safest investment.  Like if you stake usdc/usdt or gusd on blockfi or nexo or gemini, you going to get that flat stablecoin rate percentage no matter what.  Of course it can drop and you get less percentage but you know what the number will be when it drops to a certain number.  So with the waves exchange, which would that be?  USDN seem to fluctuate always?  Well blockfi pays that interest because borrowers pay more interest.  The thing is I don't know how waves VIRES can give you this much interest.  I mean let say someone had a million dollars.  He converts it to usdc and puts it all into VIRES.  Assuming that interest drops from 25% to 22%... I'm using an example as you said the APY might decrease from someone supplying a lot of money into it... then that person will earn around 220,000 usdc or so in a year unless there is a ton of more money buying supplied?  Again, this number seems ridiculously high.  Because from what I read, if someone had a million dollars and put it into blockfi or nexo or and stake a stablecoin like usdc that give them 10%... well they going to earn 100,000 usdc a year which they could then convert to usd and then cash out to their bank account.  I am confused how this number is so high for waves for VIRES with usdc. 
MarquiseMuseum

www.MarquiseMuseum.com

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2022, 09:19:23 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2022, 06:16:13 AM by MarquiseMuseum

Sell waves 32.5 buy TurtleNetwork 7000:1 ratio baseline should be 300:1, once in decade opportunity.
Buy back waves at 14-15 and wait for TN 0.15

There are other passive income coins like Sushi worth a fraction of waves right now, lots of competition waves seems to be moving without correlation to rest of market and that is not sustainable until the rest of market moves, waves is not first mover by far.

8 to 24 in 30 days fully plausible +200% move in my book but now its back at ath territory its a bit too much +500% in 30 days looks more like this could be the blow off top in that case.

If we get a retracement to 15 level then sure, triple digit is on the table otherwise looks like supercycle double top 42 then hardcore bear mode next few years.

By the way Ivanov, if you are pushing the Ukraine nationality angle and seeking sympathy, then try and repay the WUSD victims of your scam first.
My top investor in M2 was scammed for 7000 waves after Ivanov closed WUSD market in 2020. So could you repay this 7000 waves to him and then we can get on the sympathy train...

Here is his wallet, show us now what a great honest man from Ukraine you are

3PPTYsB78vQ5B7to1PHmgW6Bqdkkfavdcjn

And shut down Waves association let the community vote for verified tickers.
They like to sabotage the hard work of others when they dont know who you are dealing with, bad idea.

Waiting with $1000 for waves but if no retracement I am putting it in another Defi coin that did not go up 500% in 30 days...

It is good for waves to progresss in value, better than the 8 dollar descent but risk is not good reward until there is an opening in the marketplace. For this reason the money is parked in TurtleNetwork with lowball offers because dump manipulators have to eat the loss and get burnt so they understand that they are not Gordon Gecko in here.

Waiting for 0.0035 or less x10 000 to waves rate and lets see how your dump will profit when TN goes too 10 cents in april...

The Blackturtle leasing whales will abandon the node when they see how poorly the founder is managing his own project. This guy had the gravy train with CMC and swop (worth 400k usd this listing alone worth more than tn market cap). If this was my project I would not buy porsche with the profit I would keep monetizing the TN and make the big money so this is a symbol of incompetnce and he will be punished for it by losing whale leasers.

Already this month he lost 600k waves to waves world maybe time to rethink the strategy...

https://waves.exchange/trading/spot/BS1KFNR8zrXKBEWdUUvpaP6G57Hic3aESkwK7qQKdLpB_WAVES
ABTx swap certificate for https://rarible.com/MarquiseMuseum/sale 7.5m tokens per NFT
codehtcmail

Activity: 1188
Merit: 260

Tryig to survive in this harsh world

View Profile
March 19, 2022, 09:51:05 AM

Sell waves 32.5 buy TurtleNetwork 7000:1 ratio baseline should be 300:1, once in decade opportunity.
Buy back waves at 14-15 and wait for TN 0.15

There are other passive income coins like Sushi worth a fraction of waves right now, lots of competition waves seems to be moving without correlation to rest of market and that is not sustainable until the rest of market moves, waves is not first mover by far.

8 to 24 in 30 days fully plausible +200% move in my book but now its back at ath territory its a bit too much +500% in 30 days looks more like this could be the blow off top in that case.

If we get a retracement to 15 level then sure, triple digit is on the table otherwise looks like supercycle double top 42 then hardcore bear mode next few years.

By the way Ivanov, if you are pushing the Ukraine nationality angle and seeking sympathy, then try and repay the WUSD victims of your scam first.
My top investor in M2 was scammed for 7000 waves after Ivanov closed WUSD market in 2020. So could you repay this 7000 waves to him and then we can get on the sympathy train...

Here is his wallet, show us now what a great honest man from Ukraine you are

3PPTYsB78vQ5B7to1PHmgW6Bqdkkfavdcjn

And shut down Waves association let the community vote for verified tickers.
They like to sabotage the hard work of others when they dont know who you are dealing with, bad idea.

Waiting with $1000 for waves but if no retracement I am putting it in another Defi coin that did not go up 500% in 30 days...

It is good for waves to progresss in value, better than the 8 dollar descent but risk is not good reward until there is an opening in the marketplace. For this reason the money is parked in TurtleNetwork with lowball offers because dump manipulators have to eat the loss and get burnt so they understand that they are not Gordon Gecko in here.

Waiting for 0.0035 or less x10 000 to waves rate and lets see how your dump will profit when TN goes too 10 cents in april...

The Blackturtle leasing whales will abandon the node when they see how poorly the founder is managing his own project. This guy had the gravy train with CMC and swop (worth 400k usd this listing alone worth more than tn market cap). If this was my project I would not buy porsche with the profit I would keep monetizing the TN and make the big money so this is a symbol of incompetnce and he will be punished for it by losing whale leasers.

Already this month he lost 600k waves to waves world maybe time to rethink the strategy...

And who is running TurtleNetwork ?
Unless whole market goes up, I don't see TN going to 10 or 20 cents
Been hearing about 100+ Waves since last bull run, best it did is 45, I barely see it any higher than that, I see 70-80 more likely which is almost x100 if you bought sub 10.
MarquiseMuseum

www.MarquiseMuseum.com

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2022, 01:58:10 PM

20 cent move in TN is a sneeze for waves whales who are moving tens of millions on Binance every day.

34 USD is the real target, x7500 multiple.

Same as ARRR pump, same money who need to find new home because inflation is eating it every day. All the other good projects already x10 or more, TN is the only one left on baseline 2020 valuation, not for long. But it can take 9 months be prepared for patience.

codehtcmail

Activity: 1188
Merit: 260

Tryig to survive in this harsh world

View Profile
March 19, 2022, 02:15:10 PM

20 cent move in TN is a sneeze for waves whales who are moving tens of millions on Binance every day.

34 USD is the real target, x7500 multiple.

Same as ARRR pump, same money who need to find new home because inflation is eating it every day. All the other good projects already x10 or more, TN is the only one left on baseline 2020 valuation, not for long. But it can take 9 months be prepared for patience.

Are you saying TurtleNetwork will be 34 USD a piece ? Unless you pull exposure from Elon Musk like for Shiba or Doge I don't realistically think it will happen.
coco23

View Profile
March 19, 2022, 03:48:18 PM
Merited by mole0815 (2)

Do you still have funds in VIRES right now?  And if so, which coin are you lending there?  Is it usdc?  Again 25% seems just ridiculously high.  Because I always heard once you go higher than say 12% interest, that is where you draw the line.
Yea, I can understand your concern. However in the crypto space you can see much higher interests, but you should also be prepared to lose everything. So only invest what you can afford to lose.

So if for example I want to do that with VIRES right now.  Let say to make it simple try it with 1,000 dollars worth of usd or waves or btc.  I would first convert it to usdc right?  Then I would go to Vires and lend the entire 1,000 usdc?  I always hard usdc is safer than usdt though I don't know why there is concern on usdt since it has been around for so long.  So when you view your balance daily, will that 1,000 usdb go up?  Or you earn usdc every week or how often is that amount deposited?
You get interest every single block, that is every minute! For $1000 & 25% you should get around $0.0005 every minute (or $0.01 every 20 minutes) if I my calculation is correct. Apart from that, this is the way to go: Convert or send 1000 USDC to the Waves blockchain, log into Vires and supply it there.
It is good to quiestion the different stablecoins and I personally also prefer USDC over USDT, but it's impossible to say which is safer.

So basically if you put 1,000 usdc in VIRES now, you probably would expect to earn 250 usdc in a year if you just keep it there?  Again this sounds ridiculous because even blockfi/nexo gives at most 12% interest.  So you would be staking or is it lending usdc in VIRES?  The thing that is confusing is how much interest are borrowers even paying for you to get 25% interest?  They are paying much more than that which seem a bit ridiculous? 
So you mean if just one person puts like $10M into VIRES, everyone's APY will drop?  So have you noticed any big drop since you started?
It's good to ask all those questions for sure. I was looking a bit into Nexo, and they also have risks involved:
https://seekingalpha.com/article/4411029-nexo-risk-analysis-and-customers-review
https://www.reddit.com/r/Nexo/comments/cnrr31/earn_8_interest_what_is_the_catch/
To me it's also not clear where their 12% interest comes from. Somebody has to pay for that. It's either coming from the stablecoin (but this is unlikely as other exchanges like Binance or Kucoin pay much lower interests on USDT) or from Nexo themselves. Maybe they are cross-financing this somehow with some other product they are offering (like issueing Nexo tokens or trading profits). Maybe Nexo is putting your money even on different platforms like Vires to earn even higher profits and only pay the customers parts of that.
There are many ways to earn in the DeFi space. Like if you take Pancakeswap for instance. You can put your money in pools or farms there to earn APYs of up to 400%. Of course those are pools of volatile currencies, but this can be very profitable for some time anyway. I find it totally plausbile that there are people borrowing stablecoins on Vires (or other platforms), paying 30% interest for them and investing them into such high yield pools. Of course another question is how long are such high yields sustainable. So far it seems to work, but nobody knows how long this can go on.

Well I want to know the safest investment.  Like if you stake usdc/usdt or gusd on blockfi or nexo or gemini, you going to get that flat stablecoin rate percentage no matter what.  Of course it can drop and you get less percentage but you know what the number will be when it drops to a certain number.  So with the waves exchange, which would that be?  USDN seem to fluctuate always?  Well blockfi pays that interest because borrowers pay more interest.
Nobody wil be able to tell you what is the safest investment between Vires, other Waves products, Nexo or Blockfi. Any of those platforms might or might not exist in a couple of years from now. None of them are "classical" banks with funds protected by goverment regulation.

One advantage of the Waves platform is that creating an account is not subject to any KYC. For instance, I read today that Blockfi apparently had a leak of customer data (https://coingape.com/just-in-blockfi-data-breach/). I don't think something like this is even possible for Waves wallets. You would lose maximum your email address here (but this might also be impossible as the data is likely not stored in a centralized manner).

As you point out, one difference between Nexo/Blockfi and Waves is that Waves updates their APYs constantly (most products for every single block/minute), so the APYs are fluctuating much stronger here. You can check the past APYs on Vires by checking the "Stats" section at the bottom of the coin pages (e.g. https://vires.finance/markets/6XtHjpXbs9RRJP2Sr9GUyVqzACcby9TkThHXnjVC5CDJ).
MarquiseMuseum

www.MarquiseMuseum.com

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2022, 04:32:48 PM
Last edit: March 22, 2022, 08:50:19 AM by MarquiseMuseum

500k unleased again and it is not cause for celebration it is an indicator that the founder fucked up big time and doesn't know what he is doing with Fintech side.

https://wavesexplorer.com/address/3PA1KvFfq9VuJjg45p2ytGgaNjrgnLSgf4r/tx

They tried to provide bot volume on swop for several months after listing but truth is, it is expensive like $1000 or more per month to sustain 100k weekly volume for swop apy.

First order of business must be to stop the market bombing of TN and get it back up to 3 cents and make sure that there is liquidity so that it does not keep underperforming the rest of crypto by a factor of x10. If a market is mismanaged on this level the only effect will be that your investor confidence is nullified.

Polarity outsourcing oracle is ok the native dex isn't required but this guy has his work set out for him to regain community trust. Lots of work to get back to square one, no more globe trotter and sports cars for the little Neofeudal lord until he shares the profit with the other investors who waited 2-4 years.

Making money in crypto is good if the dev is also good at his job but sitting on top of others and shitting on them while raking in $10k per month it reflects really badly on the person as a human from an ethical point of view.

Fine you do a shit job you dont get paid, find another job then sitting here like the Neofeudal gatekeeper.

Like I said before with the level of privilege this guy had with the node, wavescap, cmc, swop, wa and the list goes on, if I had this for a good project with solid fundamentals like TN or M2 trading at $40k-$400k cap, after a few months this will be $20m caps easy mode if you know how to manage and operate a FinTech business which he dont because he is a coder not a CEO.

coco23

View Profile
March 23, 2022, 08:05:26 AM
Merited by mole0815 (2)

500k unleased again and it is not cause for celebration it is an indicator that the founder fucked up big time and doesn't know what he is doing with Fintech side.

https://wavesexplorer.com/address/3PA1KvFfq9VuJjg45p2ytGgaNjrgnLSgf4r/tx

They tried to provide bot volume on swop for several months after listing but truth is, it is expensive like $1000 or more per month to sustain 100k weekly volume for swop apy.
It's kind of hard for me to follow this post of yours.

Which founder are you talking about? The TN founder? Swop.fi founder?
Which pair they tried to provide volume on? TN/USDN?

Talking about Swop.fi, I am wondering a bit which direction this platform will go in the future. First it was pools, which was fine, but then WX came and pools seem obsolete now on swop.fi, volume and TVL is like 90% down since then. WX soon will have more pools than swop.fi with much higher volume. In the meantime swop.fi now has the launchpad, which could be a nice feature, but then again this will also come on WX in the future (which also makes more sense to me).
swop.fi also has the burning feature to win NFTs, which looks to me more like a desperate attempt to preserve some unique feature on the platform (and to keep the price of SWOP up). This feature is also so very different from swop.fi's original use-case that it probably confuses new users more than being useful.

I would like to see some solid improved roadmap for swop.fi. I saw the one on the website, but it is more "adding features to the pool feature" than anything else. I do like the interface, but I don't see it's necessity anymore. (There is at least some innovation on the puzzle platform with the multipools for instance)

As it is currently you could probably close it (or make it an alternative interface to WX pools) and exchange outstanding SWOP for some of the team's WX tokens? Or completely re-build its purpose around a strong distinct use-case. What do you guys think about that?
MarquiseMuseum

www.MarquiseMuseum.com

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2022, 10:16:53 PM
Last edit: March 29, 2022, 01:02:11 AM by MarquiseMuseum

-

torrentco

Activity: 2114
Merit: 418

View Profile
March 29, 2022, 05:57:49 AM

well %95 of  all coins belong to one single guy.the owner sasha ivanov.
so he can pump it to eternity if he wants which he is doing right now.
making hundreds of millions longing on futures and pumping his coin,2 birds one stone.
this is crypto at its worst ladies and gentleman.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
March 29, 2022, 08:19:12 AM

well %95 of  all coins belong to one single guy.the owner sasha ivanov.
so he can pump it to eternity if he wants which he is doing right now.

Are you not actually embarrassed to write such nonsense here? For anyone who is somewhat familiar with the matter and the project, it is easy to refute your claim. Sasha must really be a genius if he could do everything that you write here Cheesy
Pages: « 1 ... 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 [381] 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 »
  Print  

Jump to: