Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:32:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Carts for Coins Update Thread(8.4.2011)  (Read 7371 times)
logansryche (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 27, 2011, 08:25:22 AM
Last edit: August 05, 2011, 01:12:58 AM by logansryche

Want to build a store but know nothing about cart software or what's needed to accept bitcoins as payment? I can build such sites. Not everyone knows how to build these sites and/or set them up to run correctly. My rates are reasonable and my work is professional.

PM me and I'll get back to you with a quote.

-Matt

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NothinG

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 27, 2011, 09:59:49 AM

Try:
http://oscommerce.com/ (v2.3)
with...
http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8007

logansryche (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2011, 01:47:47 PM

I've actually found OSCommerce to be very hard to set up and run correctly, and the service is for those who know little to nothing about setting up such software. My rates are really reasonable.
error

Activity: 588

View Profile
July 27, 2011, 07:22:07 PM

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Category:Shopping_Cart_Interfaces

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
logansryche (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2011, 07:43:52 PM

I think folks are missing the point in what I'm trying to do lol...

Lets say a cx wants to open an online store and wants to name it bitblockers.com.
Lets say that cx doesn't know anything about which cart to use or how to go about setting anything up.
This is where I come in. I have the knowledge and resources to sit down with the cx and choose which cart & modules best fit what they want to do.

To do all of this, I would charge a small one time flat fee of 1.8662 BTC. This covers setting up the domain & the server.
Then, I would charge an even smaller hourly rate of 0.2152 BTC. This covers loading the cart software onto the server, setting up mysql correctly, install any necessary/requested modules, and add anything else requested for the site(logos, banners, code changes,etc...)
From there I show the cx how to add products and categorys and how to run their site simply and effecienty.

I already have cart software for my own use, I used opencart for thebitcardstore.com
I figured I would help other folks out since I get the random request one or twice a week by PM.

-Matt
NothinG

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 27, 2011, 07:51:24 PM

Sorry, when I first posted my eye was killing me and about 5 in the morning.
Just re-read your post and your offering a service. Smiley

logansryche (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2011, 07:52:20 PM

I am, and I've been there many times.
I apologise if I've confused anyone.
mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2011, 11:43:12 AM
Last edit: July 31, 2011, 04:40:47 PM by mc_lovin

Sorry, when I first posted my eye was killing me and about 5 in the morning.
Just re-read your post and your offering a service. Smiley

"and that was the hour my contacts were at lenscrafters" lmao

I had a web store set up by logansryche today and it was a great service indeed.  Now I need to populate it with inventory.

Edit: Days after I changed all the passwords he says he spent 7 hours on the web site, even though ZERO changes were made and the whole site, he says I owe him 7 hours worth of work!  I paid UP FRONT and he says my payment was pre-contract and the payment was merely a gift and "doesn't count" towards the final bill.  He said it would be approximately 2 hours worth of work, @ 0.21 BTC per hour, so I paid him 0.4 BTC in advance, and within 2 hours the site (which is a free service btw, you can download a 'carts for coins' here for free and upload it yourself without paying anyone) was completed and I was impressed. 

Instead of giving him the password and then going to bed, I made sure I sent him the password as soon as he messaged me back so I knew he only had the password at a time when I knew he was at the computer. I gave him the password at around 9:45PM on the 28th, and at 12:23AM on the 29th (few hours later) he said "ok.. got all of the sorterd out... before i forget, did you want it to point to the cart when you go to impossibledecals.com or when you go to the site and click on store." I told him the whole thing looks great.  He says, "thank you, thank you.. i'll setcha up with a pdf of where and how to add inventory. it's quite simple."

I mean, I had already paid for the work in advance, and he said thanks.. I left him a trader feedback point on my site and said he should leave me one too, he left one saying "pleasure to work with."

Isn't this end of story?  I came on his thread here on bitcoin forum and left a "wow great service!" comment... 

He tells me "I contacted the creator of the bitcoin module to see what's going on with it, because that's just rediculas >.< Also, go look at the site in the meantime and see if everything's the way you want it and let me know if there's anything you want changed.  In the meantime, this is where I get off.  G'night."

Because there was a problem with the bitcoin module, the module that he uses on his own site, and I suppose the "coins" part of the "carts for coins."  Note the text "let me know if there's anything you want changed."  and at this point, all the passwords have long been changed.

He tells me now I have to pay HIM an hourly rate for him to rewrite the "carts for coins" plugin because it doesn't work.  The original offering, "carts for coins," is broken and he wants me to pay him for his time trying to fix it.  Then he tells me my .4 BTC was not anything more than a gift.  A token of appreciation.  "you paid me .4 to start that was out of contract and wasn't discussed before hand. It cannot be counted." and then I asked for clarification... "Well it was gaven without discussing it or it being included in the contract.
I can't clearly say it was part of the overall payment."

That's sort of like someone selling you a car that runs on magical fuel.  And then you pay in advance for the car at the quoted estimate, and then you get the keys and it doesn't work on magical fuel, it runs on regular gas.  But you have to pay a chemist research and development to get the magical fuel working, but of course the end-user will pay for that, and his car payments went towards buying coffee while he works on the magical recipe.  And as soon as he gets the recipe working, he's going to use it in his own car and all additional cars that he builds.  But the end user of the 1st car sold has to pay for the recipe.

I have absolutely no problem paying someone to do work for me.  Hell, even if he came to me and said I owed him an extra .1 or something because he went a little overboard, but the web site was completed in the time allowed and he wants me to pay him an additional 1.5 BTC because my .4 was a gift and he spent 7 hours working on the site which he had no access to AND if I pay him the 1.5 BTC, the site doesn't even work with bitcoin like we said originally.  And can I add, that while he was waiting for the software to be loaded on my server, he had time to bust out photoshop and made a banner for me for some reason.

I'd love to see some comments on your opinions.  I hope this is not too biased but seriously, this dude is trying to hustle me outta money and he thinks that I give a rats ass.  "let me know if you want any changes made" becomes "you owe me for 7 hours labor."

logansryche (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 05:07:32 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2011, 05:31:42 PM by logansryche

Ok firstly, when you ban someone from a forum it makes it hard to contact you but whatever. Because Bravenet uploads files in chunks under 30mb externally, it took me 3 1/2 hours to upload Open Cart and 2 modules(one of them being for bitcoin). Now then.. the last 3 1/2 hours were spent setting up the site, adding banners, making sure the currency tables were set, and trying to get the bitcoin module working since mybitcoin.com decided to mysteriously vanish. The written contract I have and you agreed to stated that I would build you a site, get the necessary modules downloaded and installed, and add any banners, images, logo's etc to the site. You asked me in the very begining how long it would take to get the core parts up and running. I said on average it would take me 2 hours to get the open cart files loaded onto the server and mysql working right. I never said that it would take exactly 2 hours to get the site running.

And for the record, I did get in touch with Tabsa and he said that he's in the process of writing a module for Mt. Gox and that I'd need them to grant api acess(another email sent to mt gox). In the meantime, it's taken a total of 7 hours worth of work. I spent more then that trying to fix the module(tried rewriting it twice and failed). The .4 btc you gave me you said was to get me started. It wasn't discussed before hand and wasn't written into the contract so I can not accept that as payment towards the total bill. I thought I was working a good deal here, but all it seems now is that you wanted a professional running website for really cheap. You still need to pay me for my work sir.

Here's the contract that was signed and agreed to

mc_lovin
Legendary

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 05:46:38 PM

Ok firstly, when you ban someone from a forum it makes it hard to contact you but whatever. Because Bravenet uploads files in chunks under 30mb externally, it took me 3 1/2 hours to upload Open Cart and 2 modules(one of them being for bitcoin). Now then.. the last 3 1/2 hours were spent setting up the site, adding banners, making sure the currency tables were set, and trying to get the bitcoin module working since mybitcoin.com decided to mysteriously vanish. The written contract I have and you agreed to stated that I would build you a site, get the necessary modules downloaded and installed, and add any banners, images, logo's etc to the site. You asked me in the very begining how long it would take to get the core parts up and running. I said on average it would take me 2 hours to get the open cart files loaded onto the server and mysql working right. I never said that it would take exactly 2 hours to get the site running.

And for the record, I did get in touch with Tabsa and he said that he's in the process of writing a module for Mt. Gox and that I'd need them to grant api acess(another email sent to mt gox). In the meantime, it's taken a total of 7 hours worth of work. I spent more then that trying to fix the module(tried rewriting it twice and failed). The .4 btc you gave me you said was to get me started. It wasn't discussed before hand and wasn't written into the contract so I can not accept that as payment towards the total bill. I thought I was working a good deal here, but all it seems now is that you wanted a professional running website for really cheap. You still need to pay me for my work sir.
So from 9:30 to midnight you said "ok.. got all of the sorterd out... before i forget, did you want it to point to the cart when you go to impossibledecals.com or when you go to the site and click on store." and you say it took 7 hours?  Everything was good to go.  The work you did on the plugin module is supposed to show up on my bill?  I thought the plugin module was working, as per my inquiry on getting it in the first place.  You don't even have a working module for yourself, why am I paying you to develop one?  What about if someone else wants to buy your service, would you give them the same plugin module I pay you to develop, or do I own that work for my own use and not yours? 
logansryche (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 06:00:32 PM

If Tabsa right now tossed me a plugin for mt gox, you'd get that free of charge(but now i'm not so sure you want it by your attitude). With a useless plugin, I would not accept any more work till the plugin's fixed. AND if you would have just paid the other fee and let me host everything from the begining, you would have had a cart up and running in 3 hours but because of free services like Bravenet and X10 Hosting, they limit what I can upload at a time. Not my fault, but the meter still runs during that time.

Technically I did fulfill every part of the contract.

1. Work to be Done
               a. Domain and webspace be created.
               b. Install MySQL, PHP, and(or) any additional server software.
               c. Install shopping cart software, modules and(or) any requested/required items(including
                    inventory, banners, logos, etc…).
               d. Make sure all communication between the domain and the webspace is operating smoothly
                    as a professional website does.
               e. Explain to customer(s) how the inventory system works(how items, categories, and other
                    items function).

This was taken from the first part of the contract as stated. Yes I used photoshop for the banners because it needed it(photoshop version 7 if anyone wants to know). The site as it sits while can not accept bitcoins until Tabsa writes me a plugin, can accept canadian dollars(default currency). You're digging yourself a deeper hole my friend. The outcome is still the same: 7 hours of work @ 0.2152 btc = 1.5064 btc. You still owe me 1.5064 btc for work done.
mc_lovin
Legendary

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 06:04:17 PM

You still owe me 1.5064 btc for work done.
See, that's exactly why I got sour.  You think the .4 BTC I paid was simply a gift.  Why is this so? 
mc_lovin
Legendary

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 06:06:25 PM

because of free services like Bravenet and X10 Hosting
Bravenet is surely not a free hosting site, I pay for it every month, and where did you get this X10 Hosting?  I am not using this whatsoever.
logansryche (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 06:09:09 PM

Because it wasn't discussed in the contract! You never said "hey Matt, I'm giving you .4 btc towards the bill ok?" You just said "here's .4 btc to get you started." as if done as an incentive for me to get started and finnished faster(which was lost transfering it to virwox, but that's my fault).

Bravent is free, maybe not the package youre paying for. http://Http://www.x10hosting.com is the hosting site I was with before I went dot com. They hide mysql acess and limit php support so I left them. Point still valid: Bravenet was only allowing me to upload the files in chunks of 30mb. Not my fault. Bottom line is still the same sir.
logansryche (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 06:28:45 PM

True, but even if i took off .4 btc... that'd still leave 1.1064 btc to be owed for contract fulfillment.
I'm also mining like mad to get my coins back that got lost(not your fault).
mc_lovin
Legendary

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 06:45:14 PM

Including all the pictures and software and the store and all that fun stuff, i'm using 55MB of my hosting on impossibledecals.com.  So I don't know what you mean by 30MB chunks, so like, 2 chunks?

I just uploaded opencart to another bravenet domain of mine to see how long it took.  I took a freezcam video of the whole upload process (just the opencart software, no plugins) but since it took you 3.5 hours do you care to guess how long it took me?
logansryche (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 06:55:21 PM

I could care less how long it took you to upload it. Too many varibles from programs used, to hosting packages to time of day uploaded... hope you tested opencart 1.5.1.1 because that's what I used(by itself weighs in at 100mb uploaded) plus 2 modules back to back. I've already agreed to accept the .4 as a prepayment to the total bill making the ending payment 1.1064 btc.

I'm using SmartFTP(been soo since it was in beta) and when it came to uploading files to bravenet, it sent them in partitions of 30mb(so it was more like, it sent 30mb, stopped for a few to process, send 30 more mb, stop for a few... you get the point).
logansryche (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 06:58:18 PM

the contract says :

c. Install shopping cart software, modules and(or) any requested/required items(including inventory, banners, logos, etc…).
d. Make sure all communication between the domain and the webspace is operating smoothly as a professional website does.

A shopping cart was installed, but it no longer works. C & D are no longer fulfilled.

7 hours of work was done, while logansryche had no access to mc_lovin's website since he changed all the passwords.

If the above is true, the question then is what was done in those 7 hours when there was no access to mc_lovin's site.

A is irrelavent since you chose your own host over mine.
B: mysql was set up correctly for this cart
C: shopping cart was installed and does work(go to www.impossibledecals.com/store2 if you dont believe me), logos were uploaded. Only thing you have to do is add inventory and I sent you a pdg on how to do that.
D: communication between the site impossibledecals.com/store2 and the webspace does indeed work unless you deleted it.
mc_lovin
Legendary

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 06:58:24 PM

I could care less how long it took you to upload it. Too many varibles from programs used, to hosting packages to time of day uploaded... hope you tested opencart 1.5.1.1 because that's what I used(by itself weighs in at 100mb uploaded) plus 2 modules back to back. I've already agreed to accept the .4 as a prepayment to the total bill making the ending payment 1.1064 btc.

I'm using SmartFTP(been soo since it was in beta) and when it came to uploading files to bravenet, it sent them in partitions of 30mb(so it was more like, it sent 30mb, stopped for a few to process, send 30 more mb, stop for a few... you get the point).
100MB ?  Because my WHOLE site takes 55MB after all my images.
logansryche (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 07:00:11 PM

point? still didn't say what version you tested as i know for a face 1.4.9 is less then 50mb.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: