Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:52:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Carts for Coins Update Thread(8.4.2011)  (Read 7370 times)
mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 08:30:25 PM

No and it was stated in the contract that stuff like that I'm not responsible for. I should be fully compensated the 7 hours I put into it.
and I am still left w/o bitcoin module.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 08:32:50 PM

There are a few things I don't quite understand here.

The first one is... 0.21 BTC per hour?!? That seems ridiculous. Was this a typo that was meant to be 2.1 BTC per hour?

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
logansryche (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 08:34:29 PM

I can't rush people, ya know? Ya might want to try and push yourself by sending mt gox an email or even tabsa an email.. i've done all I can do without sounding like an idiot. The other carts ive come across want you to run the bitcoin software on your computer or server and set up an rpc username and password. It confused me too much so I didn't look into it further. OS Commerce did have a bitcoin module but when you go to his page, it sends you a readme file instead of the actual module. I sent him an email as well. I also told you that when mt gox releases their merchant tools so tabsa can redo his module, you'd get it for free. I don't have any control over anything else.
logansryche (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 08:35:34 PM

I told you my hourly rate was 0.2152 btc/per hour and you agreed. That roughs out to $3 USD per hour. Way below what a website designer would charge you. No rounding.
error

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 08:37:23 PM

I told you my hourly rate was 0.2152 btc/per hour and you agreed. That roughs out to $3 USD per hour. Way below what a website designer would charge you. No rounding.

If I can give you some advice...NEVER offer such absurd discounts on your time. Always charge what you are worth. Otherwise you will get people who will not only waste your time but try to stiff you on the (meager) bill. You could not get me to look at a project like this for less than 6 BTC/hour.

logansryche (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 08:38:35 PM

you're right. Ok well if you want to go that route, then I put 5 hours into it instead of 7 due to internet latency. One more thing to add to a revised contract -.-
logansryche (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 08:40:32 PM

If I can give you some advice...NEVER offer such absurd discounts on your time. Always charge what you are worth. Otherwise you will get people who will not only waste your time but try to stiff you on the (meager) bill. You could not get me to look at a project like this for less than 6 BTC/hour.

I didn't want to come off as charging too much, but yeah my time is worth alot.
logansryche (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 08:45:16 PM

That's fair
mc_lovin
Legendary

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 08:45:45 PM

you're right. Ok well if you want to go that route, then I put 5 hours into it instead of 7 due to internet latency. One more thing to add to a revised contract -.-

ok i think that is reasonable.

0.2152 x 5 (hours) = 1.076

1.076 - 0.40 (deposit paid) = 0.676

pay logansryche 0.676 BTC

How about since the bitcoin module doesn't work, I pay 0.5 btc?  I think that's fair.
error

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 08:51:14 PM

I think my advice/suggestion is a contract for the whole project/job. Ask for full charge instead of paying per hour. With pay per hour, you would face problems like this current one. Some will charge you for just looking at your code and claiming they lost time and that their time is money.

Yes, a flat rate for the job is reasonable if it's short and obvious and nothing goes wrong. Installing a shopping cart probably qualifies. Making it work with Bitcoin probably doesn't. Smiley

logansryche (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 09:01:04 PM

And that was thing... when I first created my site over on x10hosting and then moved it over to dot com, everything was running smooth. Now suddenly mybitcoin.com is offline for good and I'm SOL, so I sought out the creator of the module and he said he couldn't make the module unless mt gox released acess to their merchant tools, so I sent an email off to mt gox for acess and have yet to hear a reply. I'll probly send them another one in the morning but the point here is now that i've put all this time and effort into this and all I'm getting is flack from the customer. Time is money and I do have other projects/bills to pay so I need to get this fixed asap.
mc_lovin
Legendary

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 09:04:41 PM

I think my advice/suggestion is a contract for the whole project/job. Ask for full charge instead of paying per hour. With pay per hour, you would face problems like this current one. Some will charge you for just looking at your code and claiming they lost time and that their time is money.

Yes, a flat rate for the job is reasonable if it's short and obvious and nothing goes wrong. Installing a shopping cart probably qualifies. Making it work with Bitcoin probably doesn't. Smiley
I agree..  I figured the quoted ~2 hours for the job and ~.2btc/h so i paid .4 thinking that it was like 90% paid for.  The dollar value for the difference is miniscule.  Now it's like, if I want a shopping cart for bitcoin I have to go somewhere else...  Pay someone else to do it.  I already told him in PM that the 1.5 BTC he asked for originally would be worth it for me to pay if the module was working.  And even still, it would be worth 1.5 BTC to me if the module did work.  It's very unfortunate that the module doesn't work. 

"Typical time to set up the cart software(getting it onto the server, setting up mysql,etc) typicaly runs 2 hours."

I just don't see where the hours went.  It's like, pre-made software, and the pluging module takes all of a moment to install. 

error

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 09:10:52 PM

I agree..  I figured the quoted ~2 hours for the job and ~.2btc/h so i paid .4 thinking that it was like 90% paid for.  The dollar value for the difference is miniscule.  Now it's like, if I want a shopping cart for bitcoin I have to go somewhere else...  Pay someone else to do it.  I already told him in PM that the 1.5 BTC he asked for originally would be worth it for me to pay if the module was working.  And even still, it would be worth 1.5 BTC to me if the module did work.  It's very unfortunate that the module doesn't work. 

"Typical time to set up the cart software(getting it onto the server, setting up mysql,etc) typicaly runs 2 hours."

I just don't see where the hours went.  It's like, pre-made software, and the pluging module takes all of a moment to install. 

And how is it his fault that MyBitcoin decides to go offline? It's starting to look to me like you just don't want to pay your bills.

mc_lovin
Legendary

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 09:18:52 PM

And how is it his fault that MyBitcoin decides to go offline? It's starting to look to me like you just don't want to pay your bills.
It's not his fault, this is a very unfortunate situation.  But I wouldn't have wanted a shopping cart in the first place if it didn't have bitcoin.  The argument i'm making is that he stretches figures around, like a 22MB upload became a 150MB upload, how can I believe he invested that many hours of work?  I already said I'd pay 0.5...  But I still wouldn't have the site as it was contracted to be, bitcoin enabled.
xcooling

Activity: 145
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 09:20:08 PM

Lol..seriously you pay for what you get. The developer is practically doing it for free.. you should be paying him 100x more.

Custom development rates are at the standard fee of us$150 per hour. You are paying him almost 100x less..

Next.. you will be generating an income from the shop. Generally online shops start at around the us$2000 mark.

If a developer charges for 1 hour and it takes him 5 minutes to do the job... the 55 minutes is his bonus.

xcooling

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 09:24:02 PM

Also a word of advice.. pay a fixed rate price. example: 50btc

25btc upfront, 25btc on completion.

Make sure the exact requirements are accepted by both parties, any additions or changes will be extra.

If you need support and maintenance, then you need to have a sla/ maintenance contract at a fixed monthly price.

error

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 09:32:17 PM

It's not his fault, this is a very unfortunate situation.  But I wouldn't have wanted a shopping cart in the first place if it didn't have bitcoin.  The argument i'm making is that he stretches figures around, like a 22MB upload became a 150MB upload, how can I believe he invested that many hours of work?  I already said I'd pay 0.5...  But I still wouldn't have the site as it was contracted to be, bitcoin enabled.

That's not in the contract I saw posted earlier in the thread. Are you saying that isn't the correct and complete contract?

mc_lovin
Legendary

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 09:36:03 PM

the contract says :

c. Install shopping cart software, modules and(or) any requested/required items(including inventory, banners, logos, etc…).
d. Make sure all communication between the domain and the webspace is operating smoothly as a professional website does.

A shopping cart was installed, but it no longer works. C & D are no longer fulfilled.
Just like senbonzakura said earlier.  I know it's not his fault that the module doesn't work, but that was the reason for the website.  It doesn't operate as a 'carts for coins' period.
logansryche (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 09:38:03 PM

All I want is the 1.1064 btc for the work I did and be done with this contract.
I will still honor part I said about getting the module when it becomes available to me.
I probly won't be making many more carts after this due to the plugin issue -.-

I also would have switched over to OSC but the bitcoin plugin seems to be non existant.
xcooling

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 09:42:12 PM

Logansryche .. people that pay the least always have the most work.

these are not valid for a contract, as they are open ended. You could make the guy work for free for the next 10 years on that specific  point.
and(or) any requested/required items(including inventory, banners, logos, etc…).

All that work for around us$16 .. madness... your being robbed

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: