Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:29:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SKC] Skeincoin 0.9.3.1 | Skein-SHA2  (Read 161507 times)
dr blowfin

Activity: 186
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 05:40:13 PM

You get 4000/day with 400Mhash?
I have 2x7970GE for ~400Mhash and skc.coinmine.pl is giving 3k/day

Diff was a bit lower when I posted that. I'm also at about 3k/day now.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
madjihad

Activity: 227
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 10:03:14 PM

Yeah same here. Probably buying/mining around 30k and store 100k in a paperwallet.

100k? That's huge % of all currently mined coins. And something like 0.59% of all possible Skeincoins O.o

This coin is not popular because you cant mine it with cgminer. I dont really care about the price, im not selling my coins below
$1000  Cool

I don't really think so. For example vertcoin: It's was very hard to mine it at the beginning, modified miner was giving a lot of HW and rejects, but still it's become popular in short time.

I think that the main problem of Skein is the information about it. No one knows about it, no one speaks. This thread has only 46 pages for 3 month, while any new coin can easily get 100+ in one month. We need just to create AWESOME SITE and start posting info about skein everywhere. For example cryptsy feature requests!!! If you post comment in FR everyone subscribed from that request will get the email with you replay! But to start that we MUST have good site, few pools, and cgminer Undecided (I didn't say that we don't need it, just said that it's not the main issue of the coin)
fshock

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 06:16:05 AM

Who is the dev of Skeincoin, I want to offer my help to him, how can I contact him.
surfer43

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

"Trading Platform of The Future!"

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 06:37:06 AM

Who is the dev of Skeincoin, I want to offer my help to him, how can I contact him.
Red Kendra
Send this member a personal message.
Dosmas

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 03:40:18 PM

Sound like we need a plan from this day on.

I will spend time for the Skeincoinfoundation from now on. It looks to me we have a solid team of more than well developed dev's, continuous group of miners and a lot peeps who would like to work on getting exposure for skeincoin. This is why I suggest:

1. We initiate the skeincoinfoundation

2. We start with looking for members which want to be on the board of this foundation, suggestions where made by Gielbier earlier on. How about that?

3. Start with making a visionstatement into the future

4. Formalizing of actionplan on what we need to do(website,cgminer, blablabla) from our current position as skeincoin towards the near and far future

5. Which peeps do we need to be with us mining?

This plan is probably an incomplete plan of development, therefore any more suggestions or comments regarding the Skeincoinfoundation are more than welcome.

Who is in? When do we meet/chat/whatvr.
PM or reply here.

Red Kendra (OP)

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 04:31:24 PM

I will spend time for the Skeincoinfoundation from now on. It looks to me we have a solid team of more than well developed dev's, continuous group of miners and a lot peeps who would like to work on getting exposure for skeincoin. This is why I suggest:

2. We start with looking for members which want to be on the board of this foundation, suggestions where made by Gielbier earlier on. How about that?

4. Formalizing of actionplan on what we need to do(website,cgminer, blablabla) from our current position as skeincoin towards the near and far future

This plan is probably an incomplete plan of development, therefore any more suggestions or comments regarding the Skeincoinfoundation are more than welcome.

PM or reply here.

I'm in Smiley

I suppose the first step is to get a web site for the foundation. Anyone want to volunteer to design a basic site and host it?
Calhil

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 05:24:18 PM

I don't really think so. For example vertcoin: It's was very hard to mine it at the beginning, modified miner was giving a lot of HW and rejects, but still it's become popular in short time.

I think that the main problem of Skein is the information about it. No one knows about it, no one speaks. This thread has only 46 pages for 3 month, while any new coin can easily get 100+ in one month. We need just to create AWESOME SITE and start posting info about skein everywhere. For example cryptsy feature requests!!! If you post comment in FR everyone subscribed from that request will get the email with you replay! But to start that we MUST have good site, few pools, and cgminer Undecided (I didn't say that we don't need it, just said that it's not the main issue of the coin)
I still think cgminer implementation should be a priority. Nobody besides miners is investing in new coins. Tbh i never used any of the official sites. When I wanted information about a coin I looked it up at their official topic on this forum.
With poclbm I cant even remotely monitor my hashrate or manage the pools. Cgminer has a lot of software developed around it and people know how to use it.
Besides, if you only want to mine this coins and dump it on cryptsy I can tell you its not going to happen anytime soon. For me the current situation is almost ideal, the difficulty is quite low so I can get more coins while investing less resources in it ;]

BLC & SKC node: addnode=192.3.171.213
BLC: BcaLHiLk74XXSZdebHQY8b3CaoEBLaPtoV
MethMatician

Activity: 151

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 06:42:17 PM

PM or reply here.

i'm in 2!

escobol

Activity: 154
Merit: 39

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 07:26:31 PM

Yeah, cgminer is a must , but i think only reorder is able to make it,

With cgminer we got open way for: lease, bamt etc
MethMatician

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 07:36:39 PM

perhapes we should start a foundation website (like Red Kendra mentioned) with membership etc. i would love to buy myself a spot! Cheesy

@escobol yeah reoder is de dev who is able to make that cgminer.. but we should not depend on one dev.. we need more dev's onboard (with donations?)

madjihad

Activity: 227
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 10:06:57 PM

I still think cgminer implementation should be a priority. Nobody besides miners is investing in new coins. Tbh i never used any of the official sites. When I wanted information about a coin I looked it up at their official topic on this forum.
With poclbm I cant even remotely monitor my hashrate or manage the pools. Cgminer has a lot of software developed around it and people know how to use it.
Besides, if you only want to mine this coins and dump it on cryptsy I can tell you its not going to happen anytime soon. For me the current situation is almost ideal, the difficulty is quite low so I can get more coins while investing less resources in it ;]

Yes, agree that noone looks at the official site for the information, but they look on it too evaluate the coin "state": if it looks bad, than they think that no one cares about the coin itself, no development going, etc. I were promoting the Skein among some of my friends miners, and it was very hard to convince them, that it's not a cheep clone coin. Right now a lot of miner just even don't really know what they doing, just changing pool in miner config and choose forks according to profitability, or even use auto-switching pools.

And about cgminer, anyway it would be modified version, so everyone still would need to get, install, and setup it.
Dosmas

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 11:07:15 PM

OK. Hereby I suggest we have (un)officialy founded the Skeincoin foundation.

Members that have agreed on participating in the foundation untill now are: Red Kendra, Methmetician, Dosmas

Actions that are of most importance at the moment appear to be:

1. Basic Website with design
2. CGMiner Implementation (dev?)
3. Mission Statement/vision What is the mission statement?

4. Website with membership possibilities
5. Exposure
6. Expansion/wider adoption of Skeincoin community

In my opinion, we need to have a solid and clear message, infrastructure to cope with bigger amounts of miners or at least some idea of expansion before we start launching anything. 

Done:

www.skeincoinfoundation.org = ours

For now this is it. We proceed from this day on:

If anyone agrees or disagrees at this moment with any of the previous mentioned please do comment, and also why.

surfer43

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 02:20:14 AM

Members that have agreed on participating in the foundation untill now are: Red Kendra, Methmetician, Dosmas

5. Exposure

In my opinion, we need to have a solid and clear message, infrastructure to cope with bigger amounts of miners or at least some idea of expansion before we start launching anything. 

Done:

If anyone agrees or disagrees at this moment with any of the previous mentioned please do comment, and also why.

What do you mean by infrastructure to cope with bigger amounts of miners? Better pool servers/more pools?

>solid and clear message

The mission of the Skeincoin Foundation is to support the growth, adoption and utility of Skeincoin.  Huh
gielbier

Activity: 914

Making Smart Money Work

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 02:32:47 AM

Screw it, I'm in.

@above
I think he means a 3th mining pool to create even spread, creating Zen/Magento etc plugins that work easy with a opensource jsonrpc blockexplorer. etc.

Maybe i'll do some work on that.

█████▄
██▀   ▀██
██     ██
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄████▄   ▀███▀   ▄████▄
▄██▀  ▀██▄▄████▄▄██▀  ▀██
██       ███   ███       ██
██▄  ▄██▀▀████▀▀██▄  ▄██▀
▀████▀   ▄███▄   ▀████▀
▄██▀ ▀██▄
██     ██
██▄   ▄██
▀█████
          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄    ▄▄
Prasaga
                                                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████████████████▄
██████████████████▄
████████████████████▄
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
WHITEPAPER     
►  TECH WP
►  COMMERCIAL WP
gielbier

Activity: 914

Making Smart Money Work

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 03:00:48 AM

100k? That's huge % of all currently mined coins. And something like 0.59% of all possible Skeincoins O.o

Mining since day 1 Wink

Lets plan an IRC meeting btw.

Dosmas It was your idea. Give us a location/url, and a datetime.(and timezone ofc)

█████▄
██▀   ▀██
██     ██
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄████▄   ▀███▀   ▄████▄
▄██▀  ▀██▄▄████▄▄██▀  ▀██
██       ███   ███       ██
██▄  ▄██▀▀████▀▀██▄  ▄██▀
▀████▀   ▄███▄   ▀████▀
▄██▀ ▀██▄
██     ██
██▄   ▄██
▀█████
          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄    ▄▄
Prasaga
                                                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████████████████▄
██████████████████▄
████████████████████▄
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
WHITEPAPER     
►  TECH WP
►  COMMERCIAL WP
MethMatician

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 09:18:44 AM
Last edit: February 09, 2014, 01:26:35 PM by MethMatician

IRC meeting? Im down! Oh and we need productive support from miners.. Not a few miners who rape our hashrate for a week and leave..

Dosmas

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 01:48:23 PM

5. Exposure

Done:

What do you mean by infrastructure to cope with bigger amounts of miners? Better pool servers/more pools?

>solid and clear message

The mission of the Skeincoin Foundation is to support the growth, adoption and utility of Skeincoin.  Huh

More pools, I ment to say.

Screw it, I'm in.

@above
I think he means a 3th mining pool to create even spread, creating Zen/Magento etc plugins that work easy with a opensource jsonrpc blockexplorer. etc.

Maybe i'll do some work on that.

Check.

We proceed tomorrow

IRC meeting tomorrow(monday)
0800pm Gmt London time
chanserv@services.foonetic.net
#skeincoinfoundation

irc://anchor.foonetic.net:6667/skeincoinfoundation
sheepman

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 10:13:29 PM

Dunno whats wrong with my IRC channel on freenode  Tongue
Dosmas

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 11:58:27 PM

Woops, I was not aware you had already an open skeincoinchannel. We might as wel use that one:)

Correction of channel to Sheepmans.

surfer43

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 05:50:29 AM

Woops, I was not aware you had already an open skeincoinchannel. We might as wel use that one:)

Correction of channel to Sheepmans.

I'm on #skeincoin right now  Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: