Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:35:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you trade for money or emotional satisfaction?  (Read 2634 times)
TheNotoriouss

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 09:40:10 AM

This is good proposition, but I have more interesting if you're in ICO niche - Kelvin Blockchain, I found this project not so long ago and is has really big potential. Also searching for other huge upcoming ICOs, please share with you knowledge guys Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
heninur

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 11:36:11 AM

My main goal in trading is to earn money, because whatever we do in this world, the ultimate goal is to get money.
besides, I also like something new, for me to trade in crypto is a new thing I have never done, so I try to become a trader.

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 12:11:19 PM

My main goal in trading is to earn money, because whatever we do in this world, the ultimate goal is to get money.
besides, I also like something new, for me to trade in crypto is a new thing I have never done, so I try to become a trader.
I think that more than 99% people will be doing trade only for one purpose to make money, Trading is a profession and people adopt that profession only to make money and earn livelihood. So i think that those people who are related to this profession they have only one reason and that is to make money.
iyamoxjhian

Activity: 356
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 03:23:06 PM

I agree to the common answers here. Yes I do trade to earn money! Especially here in my country, you can survive once you sustain your daily needs and for you to provide your daily needs you have to have sources of income. Which technically hard to find, but thanks to Bitcoin and trading I am surviving! After I earned from my hard work and learned the good things in trading, Im finally earning to help me and my family in our needs and necessities.

GawirZZ

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 03:50:12 PM

I trade to get money on the other hand if I get money I definitely want to get a lot of money so I am satisfied, I trade to get money so I am satisfied. number one is satisfaction with lots of profit.
MMnoob

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 04:34:14 PM

I trade to get money and will continue to trade to get big profits so that my heart is satisfied
BetadiNe

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 04:42:05 PM

honestly at the moment I am trading to earn money, maybe there will be very few people who trade as their emotional satisfaction, and only people who have more funds and those who from childhood aspire to be a trader, so that in adulthood he trades only to satisfy their emotions .
Osaaah

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 05:41:44 PM

I am not too sure there is any individual who trade with the sole intent of satisfying his emotions  without considering gaining money or losing money.  This is what i think, i think the outcome an individuals trades determines emotional state. an individual can therefore become sad or happy depending on the out of a trade. And since trading outcomes are not certain, emotional satisfaction is way out of the picture. Personally, i would not spend my money trading for hobby.. because i do not have enough to spend myself, not to talk about trading it for emotional satisfaction.
Vsamuel

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 05:45:40 PM

I must admit, while it is tempting to pretend you trading for fun, i do not see any such thing as trading for fun. even in events when you are given bonus cash to trade with, the intent to make money surpass the intend to have fun while you you trading. My goal in trading is to make money.. and on luck days,if i make enough cash,i bet you could draw smiles on my pretty face... you can only image my emotion anytime i loss money during trading. its never equivalent to emotional satisfaction.
Adrin

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 05:55:09 PM

Why do you ask for emotional satisfaction? It is very rare to get someone who trades for emotional satisfaction. Money is the main fact of doing the trade. Can you find any people who need not money? Only money can make you a worker or trader. Money is last and first many times in our life. So I can’t believe that one can trade for emotional satisfaction.
bitcoinrays

Activity: 438
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 10:44:19 AM

honestly at the moment I am trading to earn money, maybe there will be very few people who trade as their emotional satisfaction, and only people who have more funds and those who from childhood aspire to be a trader, so that in adulthood he trades only to satisfy their emotions .
I would say that emotional satisfaction comes after the financial satisfaction and one can only trade for emotional satisfaction after achieving a certain financial status which then leads him or her into altruism and charity works. This leads to emotional satisfaction and it is not the mater of age for we have so many examples around the world who are not even adults and have been giving away great wealth for rehabilitation of people.
icecream sandwich

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 11:25:47 AM

DO YOU WANT TO BE ENTERTAINED OR RICH?…IT’S YOUR CHOICE

I came across this excellent chart the other day. It shows those times in history when the S&P 500 doubled over a ten year period and the trajectory that this doubling took.

Please see here for a relevant chart: https://www.tradinggame.com.au/want-entertained-rich-choice/ 

Much commentary that followed on twitter related to the steady low volatility climb that characterised the latest run and how boring this was. One of the interesting thing about markets and money in general is that people betray their true desires and personality.

Markets are the true window into the soul and in this instance what traders were actually saying is that they wanted to be entertained and not rich. The constant current moaning about the lack of volatility is little more than the plaintiff cries of children who bedevil their parents every school holidays with cries of …I’m bored.

This lay observation tallies with what others have found. The seminal work in this field of trader immaturity is An Analysis of the Profiles and Motivations of Habitual Commodity Speculators by W.B. Canoles, S.R. Thompson, S.H. Irwin, and V.G. France. I have summarised their findings below and have added my own emphasis.

“The typical trader assumes a good deal of risk in most phases of his life. He is both an aggressive investor and an active gambler.

[He] does not consider preservation of capital to be a very high trading priority.

As a result, he rarely uses stop loss orders. He wins more frequently than he loses (over 51% of the time) but is an overall net loser in dollar terms. In spite of recurring trading losses, he has never made any substantial change in his basic trading style.

To this trader, whether he won or lost on a particular trade is more important than the size of the win or loss. Thus he consistently cuts his profits short while letting his losses run.

He also worries more about missing a move in the market by being on the sidelines than about losing by being on the wrong side of a market move; i.e., being in the action is more important than the financial consequences.

Participating brokers confirmed that for the majority of the speculators studied, the primary motivation for continuous trading is the recreational utility derived largely from having a market position.

Numerous indications in our survey indicate that they are not trading solely or even primarily for profit, but may be maximizing excitement or the number of winning trades.”

So we come back to the original question. Do you want to rich or be entertained as the choice is entirely yours.

Author: Chris Tate
Article reproduced with kind permission of Tradinggame.com.au.

The article is concluded by the quotes below:

“It's in your best interest to focus on building your trading skills rather than on achieving a huge profit every month.” – Joe Ross

“No matter how good you may think you are, nobody is bigger than the market and it will beat you to your knees if you don't treat it with the respect it deserves.” - Adrian Alberts 

“Trading does not have to be very difficult — what can be difficult is finding the right path early on and properly understanding the major impact of your mental state on your trading results” - Gabriel Grammatidis 

www.tallinex.com wants you to be a successful trader

Trading realities: http://www.advfnbooks.com/books/unlockpotential/index.html

I trade for both of course but the main reason is of course money trade for money because money can affect tour emotions because whenever I gain a lot of money in trading i get emotionally happy in that I am satisfied in that because money is everything in thia world full of prices. So if you come to think of it they are really both interconnected to each other.
popolite11

Activity: 882
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 02:15:39 PM

I am trading only for money. With big market volatile i prefer to invest in ICO projects. I found Kelvin Blockchain and will invest in it!

Certainly, the reason for trading for me is getting additional money. Meanwhile, when the returns are high, I get an emotional satisfaction. That is why I can tell you that I am dealing with the crypto for fun and for changing the financial situation.
Zemomtum

Activity: 1316
Merit: 104

CitizenFinance.io

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 04:28:47 PM

I am trading only for money. With big market volatile i prefer to invest in ICO projects. I found Kelvin Blockchain and will invest in it!

Certainly, the reason for trading for me is getting additional money. Meanwhile, when the returns are high, I get an emotional satisfaction. That is why I can tell you that I am dealing with the crypto for fun and for changing the financial situation.
I feel the same way, I'm dealing with Crypto for fun too, instead of stressing myself, I turn the tables, and also you'll get used to it once you experience it again and again. I also trade because of money, most of us are the same, we trade because of money, some investors trade to educate themselves.

webdevmastery

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 08:22:27 PM

I feel the same way, I'm dealing with Crypto for fun too, instead of stressing myself, I turn the tables, and also you'll get used to it once you experience it again and again. I also trade because of money, most of us are the same, we trade because of money, some investors trade to educate themselves.

Yes you are right, people have different reasons why they want to earn cryptocurrency and for me i trade because i want to use cryptocurrency for living.
crypto_futurer

Activity: 134

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 09:05:29 PM

I trade crypto currency for money and emotional satisfaction. In my opinion, most crypto currency traders will respond in the same way, because for a trader these are the two most important goals.
zeaderza

Activity: 896
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 06:09:49 AM

Not you brother, there are hundreds and thousands more that have intentions to earn money. These people are continuously adopting bitcoin and working over it since long time to earn money. Hundreds of successful stories are in market that motivates us to join this tremendous world. So big chances of profits and so huge earning hubs. Good luck to everyone.
btcmegastar

Activity: 700
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 06:36:28 AM

I trade crypto currency for money and emotional satisfaction. In my opinion, most crypto currency traders will respond in the same way, because for a trader these are the two most important goals.

I can agree with you, but one thing i can say people are not trading for emotional satisfaction, they are trading because they want to make money and this makes them find satisfaction on what they earned through trading. No one is ready to lose their money for trading, they are trading because they want to make money.
bitcoinMyLife

Activity: 36

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 11:32:35 AM

I trade to get money on the other hand if I get money I definitely want to get a lot of money so I am satisfied, I trade to get money so I am satisfied. number one is satisfaction with lots of profit.
I only do trading for making money. In fact I have good experience in trading therefore I can expect that I will be too much successful in trading and hopefully I will make a good profit from it. Very honestly I am not here for emotional satisfaction, but my only aim is to make money from trading crypto currencies and specially from trading bitcoin.
jeraldskie11

Activity: 1260
Merit: 356

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 11:49:01 AM

Everytime I do trading, it always put in my mind that the reason why I trade is to earn money and maybe the reason why I say that because I need money. Trading is very risky, anytime there's a chances for you to be lose and if you are not seriousing in trading, 60% you will lose and 40% not. So the people who do trading as a emotional satisfaction is the people who do not have a problem, those people who are riched so that its okay for them to lose. And that's only for my own.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: