Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:17:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 239 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ravencoin [RVN] PoW GPU Mining | Asset Transfer Blockchain (Updated ANN)  (Read 1170260 times)
El_Fernas

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 06:22:45 PM

If you have not actually done real world mining of raven and are only going off of some calculator on a website to determine that you wouls get only 80, then you are missing out. I get 80 with a 1 1080, 1 1060 and 1 1050. You should be doing well over 80, at least double that.

at what power consumption and what miner?

I get 112 odd a day with 3 x 1060,1 x 1070,1 x 1070 Ti.  All at around 65-70% PL.

i personally use suprminer, but between enemy, suprminer and nevermore i don't see extreme differences.

CCminer is REALLY shit, at least 20% less hash if not more now with these 3 miners updating almost daily. i get 40-48 MH/s on 12 1050TI's at 560(average) (520-600 fluctuating) watts at the wall for full system load.

my 1050TI rigs right now would compare to Eth:

173 MH/s at 700Watts, equal to about Euro 4,40 a day revenue on Ethereum
~44 MH/s at 520Watts equal to about Euro 5 a day revenue on ravencoin.

I think it has dropped a lot, i started about a week with around 900+ coins a day, now seems to have dropped below 700rvn.

Setup is:
Win 10 x64 / Enemy miner, tried Suprnova/nevermore, Enemy seems the "best".
6x 1080TI Strix
7x 1060 3GB Asus Dual
5x 1070 Strix/G1
2x 1060 6GB PNY
1x 1080 G1
1x 1070TI Zotc AMP Extreme

Running mostly low TDP's, as i dont see much effect on leaving it higher, the same with OC.

According to ravencalc i should be around 207mhs if i put the number of gpus, since hashrate isnt a fixed number, seems like coins production vary during the day, but i have been in the 700's range according to Suprnova.cc earnings page, today seems is working good again, im seeing 50+ rvn x hour, before i used to see a little over 40 at the most, 25-30's recently

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Techgtv

Activity: 63
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 06:26:24 PM

And again raven is the most profitable coin by far keep mining and hodling...

40K and counting Smiley

i'm waiting for 1 more boost before i take off a little bit of profit. i'm not in desperate need to sell but unfortunatly due to illness, admitted to the hospital, and i own my own small IT business, so can't just keep paying electric bills anymore due to lessened work/pay Sad

would love to see a bump to around 700 satoshi's again so i can sell 25%
Techgtv

Activity: 63
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 06:30:55 PM

If you have not actually done real world mining of raven and are only going off of some calculator on a website to determine that you wouls get only 80, then you are missing out. I get 80 with a 1 1080, 1 1060 and 1 1050. You should be doing well over 80, at least double that.

at what power consumption and what miner?

I get 112 odd a day with 3 x 1060,1 x 1070,1 x 1070 Ti.  All at around 65-70% PL.

i personally use suprminer, but between enemy, suprminer and nevermore i don't see extreme differences.

CCminer is REALLY shit, at least 20% less hash if not more now with these 3 miners updating almost daily. i get 40-48 MH/s on 12 1050TI's at 560(average) (520-600 fluctuating) watts at the wall for full system load.

my 1050TI rigs right now would compare to Eth:

173 MH/s at 700Watts, equal to about Euro 4,40 a day revenue on Ethereum
~44 MH/s at 520Watts equal to about Euro 5 a day revenue on ravencoin.

I think it has dropped a lot, i started about a week with around 900+ coins a day, now seems to have dropped below 700rvn.

Setup is:
Win 10 x64 / Enemy miner, tried Suprnova/nevermore, Enemy seems the "best".
6x 1080TI Strix
7x 1060 3GB Asus Dual
5x 1070 Strix/G1
2x 1060 6GB PNY
1x 1080 G1
1x 1070TI Zotc AMP Extreme

Running mostly low TDP's, as i dont see much effect on leaving it higher, the same with OC.

According to ravencalc i should be around 207mhs if i put the number of gpus, since hashrate isnt a fixed number, seems like coins production vary during the day, but i have been in the 700's range according to Suprnova.cc earnings page, today seems is working good again, im seeing 50+ rvn x hour, before i used to see a little over 40 at the most, 25-30's recently

i find it really hard to compare the miners due to the algo switching, i still need to figure out how to benchmark them all on a single rig with Awesome miner. once i figured that out i will compare all 3 of them.

difficulty shot up very fast last week due to youtubers like @voskcoin and @sonofatech talking about it. it went from 12K to 28K in a week, so basically halving your profits.
lionking2208

Activity: 66

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 07:00:53 PM

Im calculating again on whattomine... with 6gpu im earning 2.99$ on  ravencoin and 4.50 $ on nicehash so how is ravencoin more profitable? im earning about 70-80 rvn per day

Nicehash is mining you BitCoin, which went down over $1000 in value in the last week. Roughly 13% drop.

RavenCoin is at $0.04 a coin, it's expected (or hoping) to at the very least break $1 one day.

So while today you are making $4.50 on Nicehash, that $4.50 became $3.91 after that 13% drop. Even if it climbed back up to $8000, you're back to $4.50 and even if it went back up to $9000, then you $4.50 became $5.08.

$2.99 of Raven coin today at $0.04 could end up being $74.75 (at $1 per coin) one day. That's why RavenCoin is worth it for us to mine. Could it never happen? Definitely. No one thought BitCoin would shoot up to $21,000 a coin. I doubt Raven will ever get close to that. But what if it went to a measly $10? Now that $2.99 in raven coin you mined PER DAY is worth $747.50.

That's the risk I'm taking with RavenCoin. I'm not doing it for money today but money tomorrow.

If you were to mine for 1 BitCoin, at $4.50 a day, it would take you 1509 days to earn $6,791 (todays value) If you were to get RavenCoin and it simply went to $1 a coin (74 coin a day)  you would have only had to mine for 91 days to make the same $6,791. I know my math doesn't take into account difficulty increase, the point is to illustrate the difference in how to earn between BitCoin on NiceHash and mining RavenCoin.

I'd rather gamble on RavenCoin and earn as much in 91 days of mining then to play it safe and mine with NiceHash and have to wait 1509 days to earn the same potential amount.

Im mining on nicehash 4.5$ and buying rvn .so if i mine rvn i earn 30% less rvn...  so from my calculations its much better to mine on nicehash. you are losing 30% profit a day

the point people are making is, you are either not making 4.5$ on nicehash, or your rigs are not optimized for raven and you don't earn enough raven for your config.

nicehash for all of us is about 30% LESS profitable then ravencoin, so what makes your case different? a single 1080TI makes me 1.1$ on nicehashwith powerlimite of 70%, 1.89 with 60% power limit on ravencoin. so besides higher profitable coin, it also consume less power.

can i suggest you make screenshots, write down configs, which miner, which pool etc, so we may be of assistance in getting you a better yield?

im mining with ccminer 64, 3x 1060, 1x 1050ti ,1x 1070 and 1x 980ti, about  70-80rvn per day with 70% power on all cards.i was mining 1 week ago 120 rvn per day.Why such a drop i dont know, atm its more profitable for me to mine on nicehash. If you go to whatmine its more money on nicehash

Something is wrong with your config. Your 3 1060s should be making 90 a day alone. The 1050ti should be able to pull 25 a day. A 1070 roughly 55. Not sure about a 980. But between your 10 series cards, that should make 180 rvn a day, that's $7.20 a day at $0.04 a coin.

Im mining rvn 11 days.. first few days it was about 120 rvn per day... ccminer ,70% power i have sed this on 3-4 posts you didnt read..than it droped to 80 coins..   atm i have changed from ccminer to enemy miner and im mining about 5-6coins per hour, thats about 120 per day.. thats about 4.3$..  so earning is now similiar to nicehash.. im mining on supernova
BiteByte

Activity: 248
Merit: 10

+Merit NOW or I kung fu you

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 07:31:36 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2018, 08:15:24 PM by BiteByte

We need dedicated topic for mining rvn.

Roll Eyes
I've been thinking the same - under the BTCTalk mining section.
..or we create a new topic for everything not related to mining - and for new questions not ones answer 12 times in a week

Ravencoin (RVN) Decentralised: RHE9Pys8aQ47G28PYhC2umaT7ouNvtpXkU
Hanacoin (HANA) Centralised: HJzbjF8YUcETVB6K23o84aRY7wBirzJNrr
Both can work
BiteByte

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 07:34:54 PM

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger raven..Keep mining even if it is less profitable because the price will go up definitely..
I'm with you mate!
Back the tech (it's a Bitcoin Fork). Back the Devs, Jesse and Tron are full time developers. Back the advisor Bruce Fenton he is a big name in the crypto world and has a lot of experience with crypto and Finance. Back the company with an eye on it i.e. Overstock as they have big plans and have already mentioned Ravencoin by name.

Both can work
Dean P

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 07:40:14 PM

what the hell is going on with the ThreeEyed pool, no payout in over a day!!!
BiteByte

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 07:44:32 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2018, 08:14:16 PM by BiteByte

Threeeyed Pool issue update from Discord pinned message 1 hour ago:
I talked with Zim and asked what was delaying the payments. He said it's because the payments have built up and are too large to do automatically. The other guy (Austin) who is in charge of all the programming is on Easter vacation right now and doesn't have access to his laptop, so he's been helping Zim fix it remotely which is taking longer than usual. He said he's sorry for the delay but everyone will get paid as soon as the issue is resolved

Both can work
bmww325e

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 07:54:35 PM

Have not received a payout from threeeyed pool in over a day, anyone else having a problem with that?

Me too, I stopped mining on that pool after they didn't pay out for 3 hours... I'm hoping that they don't shutdown the pool and keep the raven coin for themselves.  I was mining on AltMiner awhile ago mining Lux, the pool shut down,  Altminer did not send me my 3 Lux and if I recall there were around 1000 miners on the pool when the coin was up around $10.  So if ThreeEyed decides to shut down and not pay the would have a lot of coins.
drigun

Activity: 4

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 07:57:55 PM

Hey Folks

I understand that X16R was developed to be ASIC resistant but I'm just curious to know how will the Raven Team and community know if some one develops ASIC and have been mining away. I know that the difficulty will then increase with the intro of good number of ASICs so what happens then? Will the algo gets modded without the proof of the existence of ASIC?
BiteByte

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 08:05:22 PM

A Number of sequential Tweets from @brucefenton on Twitter recently: For those that are not following him or using Twitter.

• First: The paper isn’t asking anyone for a penny- it's actual technical paper not a marketing document for a centralized scam coin/ ICO. Ravencoin is a free & open source community project
  • The paper is open for peer review, its not working to sell you something, its purpose is to discuss ideas and determine if this science can work, comments are welcome --
  • There is no leader, CEO or corporate controller, the project is decentralized, real free & open source with anyone able to contribute, dev funding is voluntary and/ or covered by community, personal & corporate donations -  mining is fair, transparent POW (proof of work)
  • The purpose of the Ravencoin protocol is to use a significantly modified code fork of the Bitcoin code adding OP RETURN changes and the ability to issue assets, add messaging and pay dividends -Ravencoin is already operational,
  • all Ravencoin in existence are issued the same way: through a fair and transparent mining process – there are over 20,000 miners (or 80k? not sure how to read node count depending on pool) securing the network with 1.5 GH/s in hash power – wow!
  • In only three months the community of fans got together and built a highly secure and decentralized network with a strong blockchain, wide diversity of mining and nodes and lots of activity – all driven by community members with zero paid marketing
  • Over 800,000 transactions have been done on the network so far, network and mining growth and the community has grown rapidly with active Telegram and Discord channels
  • total supply is fixed at 21 bn coins– block rewards are currently at 5000 with a halving schedule the same as Bitcoin’s in terms of adjusted blocks, 773 million coins (approx. 3.6% of total supply) have been mined since the coin’s public and fair launch on Jan 3 18
  • there was no premine, developer set aside, founder or advisor coins, solo mine, insta mine, tricky gpu algo holdback, sale, pre-sale or any public or private fundraising of any kind: notice was given...
    ...code was released & people chose to run it - thats it
  • within one day the network had 70 miners, within a week it was 4500, since then the hash rate has grown and adjusted and grown again
  • these code changes to allow asset creation (as well as a new ASIC resistant algo called x16r, 1 min block times etc) wouldn’t be practical to add to Bitcoin and the purpose of Bitcoin is not to serve as rails for tokens--- hence the reason for a separate project
  • BTW the x16r algorithm was invented for this particular project (already at least one other project has used it in a fork) --- x16r rotates through 16 algorithms at random – intention is to make this difficult to make an ASIC for
  • even if someone creates and ASIC, main devs have a stated policy to code an algo change to break the asic - that’s very raveny
  • by the way, ravens are amazing animals - part of legends from Shakespeare to Edgar Allen Poe, Norse legend and they are worshiped and subjects of stories in numerous cultures – the birds are highly intelligent, punish cheaters and remember allies)
  • Heres some more on ravens https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/07/ravens-problem-solving-smart-birds/
  • Will tokens and assets on a chain be a thing? Who knows? I can argue securities tokens all day …doesn’t mean I’m right – but I’m pretty sure SOMEONE SOMEDAY will SOMEHOW make ONE token or crypto kitty that has value - this doesnt matter to the code
  • The Raven protocol will allow creation of fungible assets which can represent whatever the user wants them to represent (coins, tokens, in game gold, securities tokens, flyer miles, good projects, bad ideas, whatever)
  • Users will ALSO have the ability to issue unique assets such as in game items, tokens representing a serial number, physical bar of gold, art etc.
  • I personally think there are TONS of good uses for tokens such as securities tokens – but that’s a separate conversation – the protocol doesn’t care if securities tokens become a thing, the protocol doesn’t even know what a security is (& shouldn't)
  • Yes there are also tons of issues with using a blockchain to represent physical assets – will they make it impossible? I don’t think so - from a scientific / technical paper standpoint does it matter? Nah ...
  • All that matters from a computer science & technical standpoint is whether the protocol can do what it is trying to do (issue tokens, allow messaging, dividends, unique names etc) – the evidence indicates that what the protocol is trying to do is possible
  • We know that step one can be done: the creation of a secure, decentralized network running this code - that’s been done already by the Ravencoin community
  • The rest of the changes and code upgrade are being worked on and tested - the chief developer is working on a paper for the "Kaaawww Protcol", which is the built in messaging system for token holders
  • Messaging is cool and unusual (unique in this way afaik) --- the protocol will allow a token creator to message token holders(!!!) – this is automatically opt in because only voluntary holders get the message and it can ONLY come from that token’s admin
  • So someone can create ActivistCoin and divide it in to 100 parts, send one privately & securely to another activist (who can also divide it) and they can all receive uncensorable messages from that token’s admin
  • (to be clear this is for tokens created ON the Ravencoin network, not Ravencoin itself)
    RVN can also be sent to token holders as a dividend or reward -- the ability to send RVN to other token holders is another interesting, perhaps unique feature of the protocol
  • Messaging also works for securities tokens: right now ERC20 token holders have no way to message token holders – if they are securities this is a problem – you need to be able to message shareholders, tokens on RVN will be able to
  • Messaging can be fun for games and other uses as well – holders of the Platinum_Sword_of_Badassery can get a special message for a hero quest that only they can get –
  • Game players can also bring their virtual suit of armor to a game upgrade or to an entirely different game – expect small independent game developers to use common currency, items & cross-platform tokens – games will use more open source sharing
  • Since the suit of armor or other game good is represented by a token the user can print it on to a paper wallet or sell it to a friend or carry it in a mobile wallet
  • Cant a database do all this? Yes!! But ONLY if its self-contained and separate-- as soon as you want to go cross platform or with parties who don’t trust each other (like global banks and brokerages) you benefit from a decentralized system

A few of the standout questions
  • Question: Was there an airdrop to btc holders at time of fork?
    Answer: No -/ it's a code fork only.  There is no airdrop.  All coins had to be mined fairly from scratch.
    There was no ICO, airdrop, premine, developer set aside etc.
  • Question: Full disclosure please. Do you own any?
  • Answer: To be clear this is presentation of a technical paper not a market pitch (I almost never discuss price). Holdings should be private & disclosed voluntarily. Yes- I own roughly 6 million RVN - accumulated about 4 million since  last time I disclosed the holdings 2 months ago

Both can work
JoenNL

Activity: 571
Merit: 18

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 08:07:28 PM

Try those 3 things:

Use the other version of SGminer!, the one that got the bounty as first amd miner
Be sure you  Select the Platform correctly

If not

rename ( or delete ) the temporary bin file has been created in the directory.

If not

reset to stock all the card:

and then
rename ( or delete ) the temporary bin file has been created in the directory.

Yeah i dont know what SG version i have now but this one is starting.

However next problem, it will crash after 5-10 minutes mining.

Temps are fine (around 65) and i am testing with -I 19 (also tried 16 but same sh1t), clocks are standard (no overclocks).

The miner will say that the speed: death or sick.

It seems that when i use -I 17 the miner won't crash.. But this is to low for an R9 290 tri-x oc edition,
How to drive it to an higher intensivity?
I am using stock clocks at this moment (on my rig i got the same cards but in claymore and xmrstak i am using overclocks so the card can easily get some higher speeds. But also with overclocks the sgminer crash with intens higher then 17).

BiteByte

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 08:12:06 PM

Hey Folks

I understand that X16R was developed to be ASIC resistant but I'm just curious to know how will the Raven Team and community know if some one develops ASIC and have been mining away. I know that the difficulty will then increase with the intro of good number of ASICs so what happens then? Will the algo gets modded without the proof of the existence of ASIC?
They haven't said - they say they will swap out algo as an option. There are other options they are keeping under their hat for now. But detecting the ASIC's I have not read or heard - I have just copied your question and asked via twitter.

Both can work
zot57

Activity: 165

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 08:22:41 PM

I talked with Zim and asked what was delaying the payments. He said it's because the payments have built up and are too large to do automatically. The other guy (Austin) who is in charge of all the programming is on Easter vacation right now and doesn't have access to his laptop, so he's been helping Zim fix it remotely which is taking longer than usual. He said he's sorry for the delay but everyone will get paid as soon as the issue is resolved

will we get new mined coins, that's the question?
BiteByte

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 08:31:18 PM

will we get new mined coins, that's the question?
It has happened numerous times over the last few months. A few of us use to jump pools until it was sorted. We have always got the payouts eventually.
There is always a risk that any pool owner goes rouge. But history shows so far that these guys have been honest.
Imagine trying to sort out a coding issue remotely over the phone - it would be a nightmare.

Both can work
KOLESRB

Activity: 16

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 09:06:19 PM

guys! what happening with payouts on ThreeEyed? not received coins mined t my wallet for more than 25 hours!
BiteByte

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 09:08:21 PM

guys! what happening with payouts on ThreeEyed? not received coins mined t my wallet for more than 25 hours!
ffs

Both can work
cryptobengal

Activity: 142
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 09:22:01 PM

ffs
Yo, BiteByte  you can lead a horse or a (JACKASS) to water , but he still might not drink it
or see it in front of him LOL is all you can do.
BiteByte

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 09:34:23 PM

ffs
Yo, BiteByte  you can lead a horse or a (JACKASS) to water , but he still might not drink it
or see it in front of him LOL is all you can do.
lol. you'd have to think outside of the box for a new use of that animal. Maybe saw its legs off and use it as a steamroller.

Both can work
mystere_miner

Activity: 121

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 11:14:47 PM

What's the deal with ThreeEyed?

I was mining on suprnova, and was making about 12RVN an hour with my 5 1080 Ti's. 

I switched to ThreeEyed and after 1 hour only made 4RVN.

It's been over a day, and no payout, despite it saying payouts hourly over .001 on the home page.

Why did I only make 1/3 of the coins?  Why no payout?   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 239 »
  Print  

Jump to: