Bitcoin Forum
December 09, 2016, 02:09:33 AM *
News: To be able to use the next phase of the beta forum software, please ensure that your email address is correct/functional.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Poll
Question: What is your sex?
Male - 384 (88.3%)
Female - 27 (6.2%)
Other - 24 (5.5%)
Total Voters: 434

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do we get the women on board?  (Read 30701 times)
julz
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 11:32:28 PM

Saw this study today, seems relevant to this thread:

Any more information about this study?

I'd like to know if the average age of female economists is lower than that of males. I suspect, given that there has been a gradual improvement in opening up fields of study to women over the decades, that this is so.
It might then be relevant to see if younger economists have different opinions to older ones - and whether this study took that into account.

@electricwings   BM-GtyD5exuDJ2kvEbr41XchkC8x9hPxdFd
Satoshi is no god. He did not come down from the mountain with 10 golden rules engraved in stone for no one to question.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
firefop

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 01:44:34 PM

I'd like to know if the average age of female economists is lower than that of males. I suspect, given that there has been a gradual improvement in opening up fields of study to women over the decades, that this is so.
It might then be relevant to see if younger economists have different opinions to older ones - and whether this study took that into account.

That was exactly my thought as well... if they haven't taken an age bias into account - the results could simply mean "younger economists are more liberal"

Bitcoin: Because the internet needed its own currency.
Bitcoin is a modern Schrödinger's Cat. Everything about it is both scamy and fully legitimate at the same time, until you open the box.
ralree

Activity: 518

Manateeeeeeees

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 01:12:25 PM

Did anyone suggest guysgonebitcoin yet?  I'm sure the ladies would love to pay to see the users on this forum in the buff.

1MANaTeEZoH4YkgMYz61E5y4s9BYhAuUjG
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 01:24:41 PM

Did anyone suggest guysgonebitcoin yet?  I'm sure the ladies would love to pay to see the users on this forum in the buff.

So, I think we have totally different expectations what the average forum user looks like.

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 05:13:38 PM

Did anyone suggest guysgonebitcoin yet?  I'm sure the ladies would love to pay to see the users on this forum in the buff.

So, I think we have totally different expectations what the average forum user looks like.

It might work though. Total anonymity, watching your favorite guys undress "only for you"..
Women feel the temptation of erotica just like the male audience, only social pressure is higher to admit to it (like buying erotic content with credit cards or paypal accounts could result in someone finding out about it).

This project however faces higher barriers like small audience with bitcoins ("Females, where art thou!?"). Guys to undress (anonymously) however should be around in sufficient numbers, given the vast crowd of bitcoin geeks. Once this starts to pick up steam, it could grow..

Femal audience centered erotica products is such an underdeveloped market on the net anyways. Whats the major obstacle for it to take off?
Aahzman

Activity: 602

Your *what* is itchy?

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 11:14:15 PM

How do we get the women on board? Duct tape and chloroform?  Firemen calendars? Free chocolate with the accrual of every bitcoin?
firefop

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 01:06:21 AM

How do we get the women on board? Duct tape and chloroform?  Firemen calendars? Free chocolate with the accrual of every bitcoin?
A cutesy pink wallet for droid?

It's called marketing - Either someone does it or those less capable of proper use of a computer (both genders included here) won't ever adopt.

Bitcoin: Because the internet needed its own currency.
Bitcoin is a modern Schrödinger's Cat. Everything about it is both scamy and fully legitimate at the same time, until you open the box.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.