Poll
Question: What is your sex?
Male - 417 (87.2%)
Female - 37 (7.7%)
Other - 24 (5%)
Total Voters: 477

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do we get the women on board?  (Read 38362 times)
firefop

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 01:44:34 PM

I'd like to know if the average age of female economists is lower than that of males. I suspect, given that there has been a gradual improvement in opening up fields of study to women over the decades, that this is so.
It might then be relevant to see if younger economists have different opinions to older ones - and whether this study took that into account.

That was exactly my thought as well... if they haven't taken an age bias into account - the results could simply mean "younger economists are more liberal"

"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ralree

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Manateeeeeeees

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 01:12:25 PM

Did anyone suggest guysgonebitcoin yet?  I'm sure the ladies would love to pay to see the users on this forum in the buff.

1MANaTeEZoH4YkgMYz61E5y4s9BYhAuUjG
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 01:24:41 PM

Did anyone suggest guysgonebitcoin yet?  I'm sure the ladies would love to pay to see the users on this forum in the buff.

So, I think we have totally different expectations what the average forum user looks like.

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 05:13:38 PM

Did anyone suggest guysgonebitcoin yet?  I'm sure the ladies would love to pay to see the users on this forum in the buff.

So, I think we have totally different expectations what the average forum user looks like.

It might work though. Total anonymity, watching your favorite guys undress "only for you"..
Women feel the temptation of erotica just like the male audience, only social pressure is higher to admit to it (like buying erotic content with credit cards or paypal accounts could result in someone finding out about it).

This project however faces higher barriers like small audience with bitcoins ("Females, where art thou!?"). Guys to undress (anonymously) however should be around in sufficient numbers, given the vast crowd of bitcoin geeks. Once this starts to pick up steam, it could grow..

Femal audience centered erotica products is such an underdeveloped market on the net anyways. Whats the major obstacle for it to take off?
Aahzman

Activity: 602

Your *what* is itchy?

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 11:14:15 PM

How do we get the women on board? Duct tape and chloroform?  Firemen calendars? Free chocolate with the accrual of every bitcoin?

firefop

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 01:06:21 AM

How do we get the women on board? Duct tape and chloroform?  Firemen calendars? Free chocolate with the accrual of every bitcoin?
A cutesy pink wallet for droid?

It's called marketing - Either someone does it or those less capable of proper use of a computer (both genders included here) won't ever adopt.

colivingclub

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2017, 01:49:47 PM

I think its not the only issue. First of all would be nice if we could understand how to start using that bitcoin. Because everybody talk of how cool is btc, but nobody says how we can start with it.
You are right its not that shiny as we like, but if we cant understand how to use it, doesn't matter how shiny you can make it Smiley

Shinies:

Lets face it. Bitcoin, in its current state, is not shiny. To make a metaphor, it looks like a very advanced piece of technology with wires going everywhere. Contrast this with the "Apple look".
100 private keys is probably NOT the way to go. It is complicated, and ugly (it could be an option but not standard(
Proposal: One private key should be standard. It should not be in hex, bas64, or anything else ugly. One thing that could work would be a sort of dictionary encoding, where every 20 bits or whatever is mapped to a word. The word in the dictionary would have to be carefully selected to be positive, or at least neutral. If this is chosen, there should be a "generate new address", so that people could click until they found one they were satisfied with.
The websites used with bitcoins are not pretty either (exchanges+this site). Contrast for instance with this:
http://www.westernunion.se/web-inf/images/yes/heroAreaCanIAlone013009.swf (western union)
this is what the sites should have to attract women, I believe.
Proposal: Find a professional designer that takes a look at the bitcoin client. Preferably one who knows nothing at all about the technology behind. Hide the details of implementation, remember how Object Orientation works Wink

Fast transfers:

Bitcoins are a lot faster than banktransfers, but they can absolutely not compete with visa/mastercard/paypal in terms of speed. This IS a serious problem.
I think the advice given to businesses should be that they should accept transfers directly, or after one confirmation. If there is a reversal accept that as a fact of life. For sites with few but large sales, this may not be the way to go, but for transactions under 10 bitcoin this should def. be the standard. An alternative would be to pay instantly via for instance MtGox, but that would centralize the system, which I believe we don't want.

Ideology:

Cypher punk is cool, but does not have mainstream appeal, especially among women. We should tone that aspect down, no one cares about it. Thought should be given to whether a more appealing ideology could be retrofitted so to speak.
Suggestion: "Your local business is struggling to survive under the death grip of credit card fees. (Pic of small local store. Beautiful female clerk, with lots of styling looks sad, hopeless). But there is a cheaper alternative. Use bitcoin, support your local stores. (Clerk smiling)."
This might be construed as too patriotic for some. Too balance it we should emphasize how easy it is to donate to overseas charities, and buy from overseas stores.

Favorite sites:

This is a hard one obviously. We should try to push existing sites to use bitcoins as much as possible (details about doing this are abundant in other threads of course).
We should also try to new stores accepting bit coins to speed up the process. One thing that has been forgotten though, is the focus on stores selling items for women.

Friends:

Site should have a like button. Encourage users to blog/tweet/comment whenever they use bitcoins for a transaction.
DenGreen910

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 10:36:01 PM

How do we get the women on board?

Maybe we should get out from behind the computer and talk to a few... Wink I haven't said two words to my wife since I heard about bitcoin a couple months ago... Tongue
  Cheesy seriously? you're a tough man
claire

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Capitalism rocks my world.

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 09:53:44 PM

Did anyone suggest guysgonebitcoin yet?  I'm sure the ladies would love to pay to see the users on this forum in the buff.

It might work though. Total anonymity, watching your favorite guys undress "only for you"..
Women feel the temptation of erotica just like the male audience, only social pressure is higher to admit to it (like buying erotic content with credit cards or paypal accounts could result in someone finding out about it).

This project however faces higher barriers like small audience with bitcoins ("Females, where art thou!?"). Guys to undress (anonymously) however should be around in sufficient numbers, given the vast crowd of bitcoin geeks. Once this starts to pick up steam, it could grow..

Femal audience centered erotica products is such an underdeveloped market on the net anyways. Whats the major obstacle for it to take off?

I really wouldn't pay to see a guy undress. In fact, I'm not going to pay anyone, male or female, to do any kind of erotic tap dance for me.

Men like to talk to women. They like to view women. Men typically are very auditory and visual. Women, on the other hand, would rather buy something sexy to wear, a toy, or read something erotic. That is why the visual and auditory markets for men are so big and the erotica and toy market are big for women. Sometimes they do overlap, but in general the two are very diverse from one another.

One guy ran a phone sex company with bitcoin years ago but then he closed up business. I think it bit him in the ass or the financial laws in Canada did. But it was doing pretty well since he could either use bitcoin or credit card. Women would find it easier to buy toys and clothes. Me personally? I spend mine on web hosting, domain names, and technology because I have no interest in doing something I can do in real time with someone I love or over the phone with someone paying me money to talk to him.

I Love Bitcoin Smiley 1A5jmQcmZamhTeHaEZvtMEpoqrH2SECcxk
Phone Domination 888-221-0319
xena2

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 01:22:06 PM

Girls hate money.

That's why they spend it so fast.

am I right?!  Wink
i am a woman, and i think it is easy.  Most of the people nowadays are practical that they easily join groups where they can earn,  spend and invest.

❑  GOLDMA ❑     Facebook ✰  TwitterTelegramWhitepaper    ❑  GOLDMA ❑
  ICO JULY12th,2018    ..Gold Mining Asset (GMA) Digitizing Gold Assets..  END OCT12th,2018

██████████████████ Crypto-Based Gold Royalty Token █████████████████
Riddikulo

Activity: 896

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 07:53:37 PM

The survey of women in this forum shows much less than I thought but perhaps they just want to remain anonymous or not vote. It has been several years and women in the crypto currency are probably 30%.
muneeb.zain

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 08:24:18 PM

With the passage of time womens are getting into every field of life and working with mens side by side with joining shoulders with them and with time more and more womens will take interest in it and also earn profit on their investments.All of ous must have to eppricate them and also make them aware them and educated them about this.
Dico88

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 03:14:09 PM

I suggest to build bitcoin market so there is something to be able to spend new bitcoin at this time. There are several places to be able to spend bitcoi but the market is still not advanced. When the market is not advanced then you will get more people participating both men and women. Cool
HyperLup

Activity: 546
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 10:42:12 PM

The rate of female investors in the crypto market is low but it isn't convincing from my point of view. I agree that women prefer to remain anonymous, while men don't prefer to hide themselves.
Gytza

Activity: 131
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 01:23:18 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2018, 08:50:24 PM by Gytza

The survey of women in this forum shows much less than I thought but perhaps they just want to remain anonymous or not vote. It has been several years and women in the crypto currency are probably 30%.
I was completely  Shocked when I saw that percentage. Also think it's much more today, about 30%. Probably beacuse of the 2017. bull run, when BTC was on the news, in the papers, everybody was talking about it. Cheesy
jpnl0005

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 02:41:07 PM

Majority of women are fragile and always wanting this it if the is an awareness that with Bitcoin you can sell your shoes bags clothes hairs and everything feminine trust me you will see lots and lots of women here.All they need is an awareness of what Bitcoin can do for them

WebTera

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 03:37:34 PM

I see no point in dividing investors into men and women. If a person invests wisely and is able to earn money, then who cares what gender it is?
udivkx

Activity: 279
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 04:04:50 PM

I do not see any fundamental difference in who invests. I know a few female investors who are much smarter than male investors I know. But this is only because they studied bitcoin better and studied the market more. It all depends on the person, not on his sex.

Elerntta

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 04:23:41 PM

Interesting question I never asked myself. I'm a woman, but I only do it because I'm interested. And I was interested in bitcoin my boyfriend. And although most of the investors I know are men, I don't see a fundamental difference. Just women this area less interesting.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
deerlion

Activity: 106
Merit: 6

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 04:30:19 PM

There is actually a decent amount of women that use crypto.  I would say its at least 10 percent of this board at the minimum, we should be focusing more on equality in this day and age.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: