Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:48:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin vs Ethereum  (Read 1039 times)
Easteregg69

Activity: 1443
Merit: 264

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 02:27:36 PM
Last edit: May 13, 2018, 02:38:43 PM by Easteregg69

Perhaps TRX is gonna kick etherums lilly *ss ?

They have  a contest promising 1 bill usd (or was it trx..) to programmers at the moment. Talk is cheaper. I know.

I love that attitude!

Throw some "shit" and see what sticks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Easteregg69

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 02:30:04 PM

Thank you for your question. okay, i will answer your question. In my opinion, Bitcoin is better than etherium. because the price of Bitcoin is more high from Etherium. And the second, Bitcoin is more popullar than Etherium. And the third, Bitcoin is more safety from etherium. That is my answer.

Bitcoins is not popular. Bitcoins is bitcoins. No way around it.

I tried to explain alt-coins to a neighbor. I don't think he understood it. He knew what bitcoins was..

pankowri

Activity: 728
Merit: 63

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 02:35:39 PM

Both Bitcoin and Ethereum are better than other coins in the crypto market.But Bitcoin is at the top and the number  one position.Its exchange value is high because prices are not stable.And after that, it is here that Ethereum.It is also the second to the popularity.Today it is also moving its position.

MisterStylish

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 02:37:05 PM

Bitcoin is like gold, ethereum is like oil. An oz of gold is worth 300x a barrel of oil; does that make gold more valuable? Maybe yes if you own an underground vault. Maybe not if you're an airliner or own a factory.
cmacwiz

Activity: 704
Merit: 270

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 02:37:12 PM

Both of these offer different advantages:

Bitcoin is the safest cryptocurrency and has reached the widest audience.
Not to mention holding a third of the entire market's value.

Ethereum is right there with it, holding second place on the ranks.
DApps, DAOs, and Smart Contracts changed the game.

So where do you bet your chips?

BTC or ETH?

It’s true that etherium has gained a lot of popularity since it has started among the people throughout the world and its users have started growing too. But still I think that bitcoin is better than etherium and would prefer holdings of bitcoin over holdings of etherium. This isn’t because firstly, bitcoin is way more popular than etherium and ahead way more users than etherium. Then people trust bitcoin more than etherium.
berrieswithwine

Activity: 36
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 02:39:04 PM

Because the core promise behind cryptocurrencies is both revolutionary (never been possible before in the history of humankind levels of revolutionary, not breathless Silicon Valley bullshit revolutionary.) and desperately desired by the market at large.

The market wants this, badly, it is the final nail in the coffin for the interference of the state in their affairs, maybe even the final nail in the coffin for the state, period. Every stumble the dominant player in the market space makes, the value of potential competitors rise. And right now, Bitcoin is stumbling so hard that even projects with their own severe problems are gaining on it.

And yet the market wants this so bad that the price of Bitcoin itself is still skyrocketing, even granting that other players in the space are gaining on it.
Easteregg69

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 02:43:04 PM

BTC or ETH?

Latest "big buy" was ETH. I use it to buy other coins. On centralized exchanges as well as decentralized exchanges.

I Prefer using doge coins on the centralized ones.

drlederman

Activity: 40
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 02:45:41 PM

Bitcoin has a lot of brand recognition, history and mythos behind it (who really is Satoshi?). Since the price started at essentially $0, you have a lot of stories of "Bitcoin millionaires" that pop up every time a major price point is hit.

Bitcoin is also comparatively easy to grasp. Even if you don't understand blockchain, the concept of online payment systems and transfers has been around for a while. Most of Bitcoin's adoption to date has been about encouraging retailers to accept it, making Bitcoin ATMs, etc, as well as the more fanatic members encouraging everyone to buy and hold (most people can get away with just buying some Bitcoin on coinbase and never even knowing what a Bitcoin address is.) Unfortunately its hugely deflationary price makes it mostly useless as a currency and instead just a speculative instrument.

Ethereum is a whole other beast, and people are still just focused on it as a currency/store of value. It is trivial to simulate the primary aspect of Bitcoin on Ethereum (i.e. a fixed-supply easily-transferable digital good) (see eBitcoin or the dozen copycats). However Ethereum's value is not tied to its usefulness as a currency, but rather as a gateway to interacting with the Ethereum ecosystem. Its utility therefore isn't really tied to its price or volatility, and it's been repeated many times that ETH is not meant to be a currency.

This concept is a bit harder to grasp, and is much less flashy than "digital gold". Mainstream adoption will only come once Ethereum has some killer apps that are easily adopted by the majority.
Easteregg69

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 02:50:51 PM

Perhaps TRX is gonna kick etherums lilly *ss ?

They have  a contest promising 1 bill usd (or was it trx..) to programmers at the moment. Talk is cheaper. I know.

I love that attitude!

Even cheaper:

TRON [TRX] Latest – $1 Million USD Programming Contest Details Revealed..
https://cryptocurrencynews.com/altcoin/tron-trx-programming-contest/

winterblues

Activity: 48

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 02:52:31 PM

I think when people consider the hash rate, number of developers and amount of work that's gone into bitcoin they'll see it's easily the most secure of them all. It might not increase in value as much as others with lower prices, but it's easily the most secure store of value these days.
oioi

Activity: 355
Merit: 10

A p e S w a p ///$BANANA Farms

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 02:59:11 PM

for me personally if for investment I definitely use bitcoin because it will take
a long time to hold it, while I will use eth for my trade. so i choose btc and eth

A p e S w a p    ///    $BANANA Farms    |    $BANANA Pools    |    ApeSwap Exchange    ///
                                                     Stake now for over 900% APR!                                                    
⦁    TWITTER    ⦁    TELEGRAM GROUP    ⦁    MEDIUM    ⦁    TELEGRAM CHANNEL    ⦁    GITHUB    ⦁
jemerson1420

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 03:00:06 PM

i think both because its same currency.
DonFacundo

Activity: 1344
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 03:05:17 PM

Ethereum for me, because I believe that this year ethereum will pump up the price you will earn x3 or x5 profit in this year so just hold if you have ethereum in your wallet.

ScroodjMoney

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 03:07:30 PM

I think we don't have to compare bitcoin and etherium when we can both gain on it, I believe that bitcoin is amazing but I also think that we can also gain on etherium if we are going to do such profitable thing or maybe investing on it.
Joyawan13

Activity: 910
Merit: 100

elysian.finance

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 03:07:53 PM

Bitcoin and Ethereum, these coins are equally excellent made for long-term investments, perhaps to invest in
Bitcoin, for small investors I think it would be very difficult to buy 1 Bitcoin. So maybe it could be an investment in Ethereum whose price is not so high, besides Bitcoin, Ethereum I think is equally good for us to make as an investment.

margarita_free

Activity: 127
Merit: 3

Good community manager for your blockchain project

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 03:11:42 PM

i don't know, why, but now for me, eth is more important, than btc
I received money for work in eth,  i hold money in eth, not in btc

Junior community manager
chathumal4784

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 03:14:46 PM

hi,

My dission is the BTC is good than ETH becouse the price of the bitcoin is more than the price of ETH
              it is my dission that bitcoin is better than ETH

what is you dission about BTC and ETH ?
CryptoMauren

Activity: 283

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 03:16:04 PM

To be honest, Even though Bitcoin is my first priority, I am impressed with both the concepts. Both of them have their own philosophy. Bitcoin came up with the solution of faster transaction processing as compared to that of traditional payment methods whereas Ethereum solves the problem of trust agreements using the blockchain. I am expecting growth for both of them, BTC in international fund transfer and ETH in automation sector.

I agree to that. Bitcoin and ethereum is definitely has it's own different platform but it is both really helpful and useful to us. Both are really has a capabilities to produce a lot of opportunities and benefits to us but it's in their own way. Bitcoin and ethereum has a better platform and a good performance in the market so it's has an absolutely big potential in the market. I believe that both of this will continuously rise and have it's long lasting existence in the cryptosystem.

an interesting discussion, can be a goal for me, I just started to want to collect one of them,  Wink as i know many other coins that are working better as a peer to peer transfer of digital currencies like Litecoin and Vertcoin,
google98

Activity: 360
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 03:19:39 PM

Both of these offer different advantages:

Bitcoin is the safest cryptocurrency and has reached the widest audience.
Not to mention holding a third of the entire market's value.

Ethereum is right there with it, holding second place on the ranks.
DApps, DAOs, and Smart Contracts changed the game.

So where do you bet your chips?

BTC or ETH?

In general, these two projects are radically different and not very comparable to each other. But I personally prefer to invest in Ethereum. And I think things will soon turn around for the two coins.  Huh  Smiley

Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 03:34:23 PM

i don't know, why, but now for me, eth is more important, than btc
I received money for work in eth,  i hold money in eth, not in btc
well it's a tough choice, because both coins have different advantages, and can be utilized well if we know it. for me, ETH is also very good to make profit, and it is most often used in investment.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: