11/4 pm update: This Group Buy is on INDEFINITE HIATUS. The legal morass is too much for this Group Buy approach at this time.
Legal counsel and our board of directors have said this is too risky for our startup at this time. We're doing a smaller, internal run as our proof of concept and hope to come back to offer you BTC ATMs with outright ownership if/when legal issues are sorted out.
11/3 PM update: due to the murkiness of US Laws, at this time, we are delaying a US launch until we get further clarification from Washington DC. Instead: we're launching our ATMs in Bitcoin friendly countries in the EU, Canada, Central America, South America, Africa, and Asia!
OP and Title has been reflected to update these changes. I personally apologize for getting anyone's hopes up about a US Bitcoin ATM. I'm determined to be part of the US launch but will hold off until we get better legal guidance and clarification from our law making bodies.
Here's the latest update on target markets for our new corporation's pro activities for launching Bitcoin ATMs. This list is subject to change but is most likely 99% set.
-DZ, DZ MC LLC (not real name, name to be made public when paperwork is finalized) CEO
200 shares available per Bitcoin ATM Round
Zero shares available : Current Round shares available in R14A....Location is....Düsseldorf, Berlin, Germany! (Subject to change to another EU location, but 99% likely)
~50-60 shares available: Current Round shares available in R14B...Location is....Amsterdam, Netherlands! [Please let us know if you have a problem with your R14B ATM location, and your R14B shares will be withheld for R14C]
1 share = 1 /200th of the *net BTC profit* of the Round's ATM
1 share = $130
If there's enough demand, New rounds for new ATMs will be called R14B, R14C, etc..
This Group Buy is meant to give you BTC payments from net profits of the co-op's Robocoin Bitcoin ATM!https://robocoinkiosk.com/
Yes, the same Robocoin ATM that just launched in Vancouver to great success is now available...to you! I know that the term: "a once in a lifetime opportunity" gets tossed around with abandon, and although I'm not your lawyer, financial advisor, or your mum, I think that this offering qualifies for that trite, overused term: "A once in a lifetime opportunity."
For example: the first ATM that launched in a city of 600K residents, appears to have made annual project ROI goal of 9
months, in only 2 days!
ROI may not have been met quite yet. Per Robocoin CEO (edited for grammar): "We've done $50K in transactions, not in revenue." Also: "We still don't have enough data to present accurate pro forma revenue assumptions" ]http://www.forbes.com/sites/kashmirhill/2013/10/31/why-are-people-so-excited-about-a-bitcoin-atm/
My at-cost and below-cost ASIC Miners Cooperative specializes in getting Group Buyers the very best deals and exclusives
anywhere. Following in that tradition: I'm proud to announce the forum's first Group Buy.... for the first group purchased US Bitcoin ATMs!
We're a group of likeminded IT and Finance experts, and we've put a lot of time and effort into getting to this point. The DZ Miners Cooperative makes a perfect Robocoin Network Operator, as we provide free expert marketing to Robocoin, free expert in-house product support from our veteran IT troubleshootersand Finance Pros, while offering their 5 digit product at only 3 digit USD price points.
We bring the high costs of a BTC ATM down from "sky high" to "within reach!"
200 shares will be issued per ATM sold by the DZ MC, valued at $26K for the total value of this ATM Group Buy. Your share will cost $130 each, which will entitle you to 1/200th of the net profits of the Bitcoin ATM, paid out every 2 weeks minus a 3% Hosting/Management Fee (this portion helps pay Robocoin directly).
This ATM will be located in a *very* highly trafficked area, in a very large city in North America. Any other ATMs purchased by this Bitcoin ATM Cooperative will also be located in similar areas. We will be selling these ATMs in blocs of 200 shares for each ATM, first paid, first served.
The miners normally cost $20K, but we're adding estimated values for the shared costs of:
- business insurance
- armed guard services
- GPS services in the ATM
- wifi or network connection(s)
- power, shipping
- misc. related costs
- a small markup for our services and value brought to this: the world's first Group Buy for United states Bitcoin ATMs
- and for the requisite "bank" of BTC required for each ATM, in order to service customers.
If it turns out that we need to keep a bigger "bank", for compliance reasons, the share price will need to be post-adjusted to reflect this.
The CEO of Robocoin does *NOT* officially support this Group Buy, but he has listened to my entire marketing and project management plan, and is impressed with both our co-op and my entire plan, which takes advantages of the diversity of skills, and the strengths and verticality of our unique Miners Cooperative.
Why should you trust me?
- I founded and co-run with thomas_s. one of the largest if not the largest Miners Cooperative on the Group Buys forum:
Dyslexic Zombei's Miners Cooperative.
If we're not the largest co-op, we can claim without hesitation the title of the most active (and diverse) democratic miners coooperative on the GB forum. We're have about 11 co-op creators and contributors so far, and about 85-90 members living on 5 continents (N. and S. America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia, and Australia) and 2 island chains (Hawaii and the UK).
This co-op was founded on August 15, 2013, upon the principle of rock bottom costs at the very best values combined with the highest ethics and highest quality customer service.
We just finished up our 14th Group Buy for an Industrial Class ASIC Rig in only 10 weeks for a total combined sales amount of about $129K. This has happened without a single incident of a co-op member complaining about the way we handled their BTC/ID/Fiat/Hardware/Owner interests, as we run our co-op in an open and transparent manner where the buyer's interests are looked after even if they're not around. While trying to pass on to as many miners as possible, many of the world's very best values in ASIC mining and pre-orders.
A good percentage of our sales are repeat customers and/or veteran forum members, so we seem to be doing something right!
You're welcome to contact any of the public mem bers via PM, from any of our 14 fundraising rounds in order to see how well we treated them, so far.
- I am a John K. Escrow vetted Group Buy Coordinator. He is currently the #1 name in Bitcoin Escrow. He has seen my real ID, address, and LinkedIn account with associated 50-60 professional contacts in the Aerospace industy, top Research Labs, Civil Engineering companies, Information Security Pros, VCs and top IT companies around the world.
I've designed multiple prototype systems and networks for various projects often using the very latest cutting edge tech or trying to push the boundaries of new tech. I've designed and installed at least 4 different Research Lab server rooms and designed this co-op as a mesh network, using my experience and knack for building contacts and getting things done.
- The US Govt. has trusted me to defend and advance some of our country's top Research & Development projects in advanced technologies for nearly 10 years as both a Sr. Electronics Technican, and as an IT Network Engineer. My past and present professional client list as a contractor or sub-contractor includes the DoD (sans the Marines), the Dept. of Energy, NASA-JPL, MIT, Stanford, Lawrence Livermore Labs, Sandia National Labs, other world class Research Labs, Hawaii DOT, Kauai DOT, Kauai DOW, the local Electrical Cooperative, AECOM, Unlimited Construction, Kiewit Construction, Hyatt Regency Kauai, and many more.
- Along with fellow co-op members, we've brought to the GB forum a number of innovations and best in class values found nowhere else including at-cost and below-cost deals with all kinds of co-op bonuses, found no where else. This is an example of the community that I helped co-build:https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=323827.msg3469240#msg3469240
- I've worked hand in hand with DoD Project Managers in charge of billions of dollars in funding and with manufacturers across the ASIC mining industry from small custom manufacturers to the industry's largest players, and I treat them all the same: as a person that deserves respect but a person that also has to put their pants on in the morning like everyone else.
- I tested as a genius as a child, which I don't make a big deal of, and was offered the option of moving forward at least a grade, which I declined.
- I'm a voracious reader in a variety of subjects. I am interested, involved with, and curious about out world and the human condition.
- I'm ambitious but ethical in my dealings with others and conscious that we are all interconnected. I intend to be the first or among the first groups to bring a legal Bitcoin ATM to the United States (and many other countries). I intend this Miners Cooperative to be *the (or one of the) 900 pound gorillas in the Robocoin Operator Network.
If you're bullish on the future of Bitcoin, then my team and I, are an easy way for you to invest in the easier adoption and widespread mainstream adoption of Bitcoin, all while making a profit from both sales and purchases of Bitcoin (as well as normal ATM services).
- I appear to have a knack for innovation and ambitious project management in this space, collecting together a merry band of Bitcoin Kool Aid drinkers who TCB (Take Care of Business) with a minimum of fuss and egos involved. The best person for the job does it, as no woman or man is an island.
- I founded this democratic co-op on the concept that I, and anyone who helps run the co-op, must treat customers as if they were my own (or their own) family or friends: you don't gouge them, and you treat them with the respect that family and friends deserve.
I live this truism to heart (unabashedly stolen and paraphrased from a British WWI vet holding a Reddit AMA earlier this year):
"We're all the same people, simply separated by different flags."
- Karma. I'm a big believer in in it.
Here's some typical posts from me and my endorsements if you're interested on performing more Due Diligence on the
Coordinator of this Project:
My old job: http://forum.surfermag.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=1373159
My photo gallery: http://s286.photobucket.com/user/SurfSkateKauai/library/?sort=3&page=1
Why you should trust me (besides being John K. Escrow vetted): https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=276947.msg2956448#msg2956448
My online / offline endorsements: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=280412.msg2997877#msg2997877
Me, as user KauaiDKer, trying to give away a good paying Sr. E-Tech job in paradise at a national lab in Hawaii, during a recession:http://forum.surfermag.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=1373159
The Team: DZ Miners Cooperative Roles in this BTC ATM Group Buy
We're in the process of going pro for this! That's right! The DZ MC is growing up! These ATM GBs are for-profit deals (small
markups) as opposed to our usual at-cost or below-cost ASIC miner deals on the GB Forum. We share the load (and the profits)
so that we all succeed together without any one person having to carry too much of a load.
- Dyslexic Zombei - Co-op Founder and Overall Coordinator of the #1 GB Co-op. Co-leader with thomas_s for the day to day
running of the co-op and for future planning. John K. Escrow Vetted. Renaissance man: Win/Win Deal Maker. Group Buy
Coordinator and Escrow Coordinator. IT Network Engineer / IT Information Security Pro. Amateur US Historian with ~85% of a
Bachelors History Degree. First National E-sports Internet Football Champ in 1997. I specialize in designing prototype
networks, IT systems, and a world spanning Miners Cooperative (and soon to be US and Intl. Robocoin BTC ATM Operator).
- thomas_s - Head of Finance and Robocoin operations. Co-op member since Round 2. Vetted Co-GB Coordinator for Rounds 3 and
4. Lead Group Buy Coordinator for Rounds 5-12. Please contact thomas_s. for questions related to this GB or your order.
Works in Finance.
) - Vetted new GB Coordinator. He does not have a forum user account yet, but he is a VP of his own oil company in
Texas, and a veteran of the oil/gas industry. He will be our head of financial aspects of deals and contracts, as our
veteran contracts expert. Also, head of arbitrage opportunities.
- bobsag3 - Head of Mining Operations for DZ MC. Veteran IT Pro. Offers the world's lowest hosting fees for business
insured, vetted ASIC miner hosting. We will have the unique advantage of both being able to stockpile and replenish our own
ATM BTC inventory at lower costs than competitors. I won't go into details too much about what an advantage this gives us
compared to other Robocoin operators.
- -Redacted- - Head of Software Support and Hardware Administration. DoD IT Consultant.
- jungle_dave: Software and Network Design and Support. Retired EE / Network Engineer.
- You! That's right, we can't do this without you.
You can help kickstart the American launch of US Robocoins by teaming up with us! You are not an owner in the company, but
simply share in 1/200th of the net profits of this ATM, for every share you own in that particular ATM.
Advantages of Robocoin ATM
They've launched. Everyone else is either thumb twiddling IMO or not KYC/AML compliant.
Advantages of joining the DZ MC Robocoin Operator Network
We're arguably the #1 Miners Cooperative on the Group Buys Forum as far as Industrial Class ASIC mining rigs. We have
How will you know that product will even ship?
Preorders in the Bitcoin world haven't always gone to plan. However, this product has already successfully launched in
Canada, and several more Canadian cities are set to follow.
This product was built from the ground up to be FinCEN compliant no matter how the US Congress eventually sets up laws
relating to Bitcoin. These ATMs are both KYC and AML compliant and are 100% legal for use in the United States.
Am I a part owner of the ATM?
No, for legal reasons, you are a backer that shares in 1/200th of the *net BTC profit* of the particular GB.
You will be rewarded with BTC deposits every 2 weeks to the wallet address of your choice, upon start of operations minus a
hosting/management fee of 3%.
So I'm not an owner. How can my voice be heard?
This co-op was designed by an IT Network Engineer who also happens to be an amateur US Historian.
We're a democratic direct representative democracy, except we're a decision making body that actually gets stuff done. If
something is important, we take direct public or PM private votes for all important Round decisions.
We pride ourselves in running this co-op in an open, transparent manner, and I have no intention of changing something that
works, anytime soon.
- the DZ MC Co-op leaders will only vote at the end of a voting period
- will not attempt to sway votes (however, pros/cons will be pointed out among options available)
- may control the votes of inactive Group Buy backers who have passed on their voting rights
- Hold tiebreaker vote(s)
It's groundbreaking, we're talking about what could be a controversial and very public launch of America's first Bitcoin
ATMs, so potholes may lie ahead as lawmakers wrestle with this cryptocurrency.
They must ask themselves: Is it worth anything? Is it a currency? Is it a commodity? How do we tax it so our roads and
bridges are maintained and our lights and water stay running? How or do we even want to regulate it?
Govt. can seize ATMs and all funds within. We may have no recourse if all of our ATMs are seized by the Federal Govt.
Business insurance may not cover such a condition, in which case, we may lose the ATM and the fiat within.
Congress could make Bitcoin illegal in the United States (in which case, we simply move ATMs to BTC friendly locations such
as Canada and Germany).
This risk is offset by the fact that this appears to be a deadlocked and historically unpopular congress that can't even
agree to pay the bills in a regular manner.
You agree to the terms above before sending any payment. You agree that you are of sound mind and body, and have the
patience and fortitude to let investments mature over the course of months or even years.
Your mileage may vary, but for what it's worth: the Vancouver ATM met annual projected ROI in only 2 days. For that ATM in
a city of about 600,000 residents, they're apparently in the "black" for the rest of the year.]
[Correction: Updated info listed above, ROI may *not* have been met quite yet.]
In addition: ** By agreeing to participate in this Group Buy, you agree that this is considered a high risk investment compared to traditional investment vehicles. You agree to NOT use your money that was primarily meant for: food, clothing, rent/mortgage, short term emergency funds, car payments, insurance, 401(k), IRAs, or children's college funds. These are considered HIGH RISK purchases of hardware, with funds tied up for months, and are NOT meant for those trying to "get rich quick." **
VOLUME PRICING / SITE OPERATOR APPLICATIONS
**** Institutional Investors: Please contact me via PM for special deals if you'd like us to manage Robocoin Bitcoin ATMs on
your behalf somewhere. ****
** Site Operators / Partners ***
Please contact us if you'd like one of these ATMs placed in your store, bar, resturaunt, shopping mall, or stadium.
You will receive a portion of the fees generated from both the buying, selling, and normal ATM functions of this fully KYC
and AML compliant Robocoin Bitcoin ATM.
Volume discounts exist for large entities such as Restaurant Chains and Sports Leagues such as the NFL and NBA, as well as
for entities with just a few locations.
Please contact me or thomas_s. to apply to be a Site Operator / Partner in the DZ Miners Cooperative Robocoin Network.
Image Credit: Original Image
`\ ~- _
| _ __. `.
,/ / \ / ~ - _
..__..-..__...- /__/ /__ `_ ~~--..__... DZ's Miners Cooperative, Round 14x ..."The little Co-op that could"----......~~--.._
An At-Cost Democratic Miner Co-operative with the world's lowest fees
for vetted miner hosting/management services: 2.75%
65-70 members: 1 Scientist, 7 admitted IT Pros, 3 Network Engineers, 3 Electrical Engineers, 2 Finance Employees, 6 GB Coordinators, multiple vetted host sites.*
: A listing above does not necessarily indicate that this person runs or contributes to the running of the co-operative, but many of the pros listed have made their services available to the co-operative.
This Co-operative is led by a John K. vetted Network Engineer based in Hawaii, DyslexicZombei or DZ, who gets to design prototype IT hardware and lab/field networks in support of cutting edge research projects, and has been in the line of work of T&E and R&D for nearly 10 years, with 50-60 Hawaii/US Aerospace/IT/R&D/Civ. Engineering Endorsements on LinkedIn. The other remote administrators are jungle_dave who is a former Electrical Engineer and Network Engineer and -Redacted- a UNIX guru and veteran miner. Our local/remote admin is bobsag3, who is also an IT veteran. There are 5 leaders in the DZ MC, with thomas_s and I doing the actual running of the Cooperative. Mining Equipment will be operated by vetted IT pros or a vetted IT college student, with backup host sites available. Payouts are every 2 weeks minus a 2.75% Hosting/Management fee, the lowest around. Once sales begin, Refunds available up until unit ships at 1.5% restock fee. We vote on all buying, shipping, and resale decisions as well as vote on the month to attempt equipment resales after 5-7 months of operations. Vetted GB Coordinators are encouraged to team up to increase buying power and close out Group Buys quicker. All suggestions are welcome to help improve our
- Approx. total value of GBEC / GBC ASIC pre-order sales or pre-sales of shares on this forum by DZ MC since Aug. 15: $113K
- Approx. value of DZ ebay ASIC sales (including 10 ebay shares for 3 GBs, worth $1.4K) since Aug.1 : $3.9K
- Several new GBCs and Bitcoin Miner Hosts vetted for free, and several scams pointed out on two BTC related forums.
- Number of FundRaising Rounds completed: 15
- Number of HashFast miners: 2 Baby Jets with paid upgrades, 2 Sierras, 4TH/s+ Total
- Number of KnC miners: 2 Jupiters, 800-1200GH/s.
- Number of Bitmine miners: 1 Rig, 2 Rounds so far, 1.4TH/s, up to 2.5TH/s+
- Number of Black Arrow miners: 60 boards, 2.5 - 3TH/s+
- Total Ordered HashRate: 10.1 TH/s+ Total
- Online Auto reservation system tailored for Group Buys thanks to vetted GBC thomas_s!
- Server grade UPS units, a DZ MC gas generator, and a DZ MC Air Conditioner just for our miners in a custom cooled cabinet built by bobsag3, which will allow us to provide a perfect home to explore Overclocking for DZ MC ASIC miner rigs.
- New! A sixth GB Coordinator has joined the co-op! He's a VP of his own small oil company in Texas and is helping us to cook up a couple of future projects. Welcome Aboard!
Last order paid: Rounds 11, Black Arrow Bullet Run, $12.3K
-Data current as of 11/2/2013