Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:23:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Ver 2.0] R14x: Intl. Robocoin GB ATM Launch in EU, N America, Feb '14. PMs only  (Read 31278 times)
cfrm

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 03:13:58 PM

I've bought 3 shares of the R14A ATM and I'm interested to hear how much profits you estimate the ATM will generate. For instance, how much profit will 10,000$ worth of transactions generate?
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
akeetlebeetle

Activity: 221

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 03:20:33 PM

I've bought 3 shares of the R14A ATM and I'm interested to hear how much profits you estimate the ATM will generate. For instance, how much profit will 10,000$ worth of transactions generate?

I just purchased a share, too.

Someone mentioned a 3% fee to use the ATM. We don't know how much of that will be split amongst the shareholders, but at max it would be $300 for $10k or $1.5/share. Assuming that this is for the life of the machine it won't take long to make back the money - especially if they can turn BTC into (local) fiat.
chrono

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 03:54:08 PM

no confirmation email? is this suppose to take a day or 2?
DyslexicZombei (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 04:08:51 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2013, 04:21:10 PM by DyslexicZombei

Stopping by for a short while, Thomas will answer your inquiries when he gets caught up (and gets off his job job, instead of his fun job).

Here is the updated compensation plan for our backers, calibrated to keep us out of hot water. After reaching enough funds to cover our first machine we feel we need to clarify the terms of this deal:

============================================================================================================================

- 300% ROI is Guaranteed within 2 years, after which the ownership of the machine reverts back to us.
[For legal purposes: even with these terms, backers cannot own the ATM, but can receive net profits from it]

- BTC net profits paid to you will be calculated as part of your compensation for backing the International Launch of GB Robcoin ATMs.

- Our trade is 100% of the cost for 80% of the net return.

- ** Payment is considered as acceptance of these terms. **

Basically we are guaranteeing 3x return on your investment within 2 years or less, then it truly and fully belongs to the corporation (for comparision: no miner mfg. in the industry can offer this guaranteed return).

- The 2 year payout period is the maximum time needed to pay back our backers; this time frame could be even lower depending on cash flow and our ATMs revenue.

You pay 100% of the machines cost and receieve 80% of the profit. The machine gets 20% (goes to our Corporation) until you are paid 3x the price you paid us (priced in USD).

============================================================================================================================

The terms above supersedes previous compensation terms. You may ask for a no restock fee refund at this time, if these terms are unacceptable.

The terms above are meant to keep us out of legal hot water, while guaranteeing you a 300% ROI in 2 years or less on a Robocoin ATM or ATMs.

We have had two orders cancel due to the delay of the US launch, but those slots were instantly filled.

DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 04:10:37 PM

Also, as of this week, as CEO of this new corp. I will be splitting my weekday workweek 40/60: 40% on this new corporation, 60% at my Research Lab.

If things proceed well, I may have to resign from the lab, to take up this work full time. I'm sure you guys wouldn't be too upset about this news.  Cheesy  Wink
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 04:14:14 PM

Also, as of this week, as CEO of this new corp. I will be splitting my weekday workweek 40/60: 40% on this new corporation, 60% at my Research Lab.

If things proceed well, I may have to resign from the lab, to take up this work full time. I'm sure you guys wouldn't be too upset about this news.  Cheesy  Wink

===

Also, please keep your ATM suggestions coming! Now is an amazing time to truly be on the groundfloor of this opportunity. Your suggestion could literally make the difference in an ATM being installed in Hong Kong instead of Shanghai (a suggestion I'm implementing), or to add ATMs to Singapore or the Czech Republic (noted and added to list I'm working on).

With a good Bitcoin ATM placement recommendation: You may be able to brag to people that *you* were the one that helped get your country's first (or among the first) Bitcoin ATMs (and point them to the proof here if they don't believe you).  Grin

And if you're in a target market, with a high traffic area under your control, please consider hosting one of these Bitcoin ATMs in your country to help Bitcoin's mainstream adoption, and make a profit via hosting fees while you're at it.
floatyfish

Activity: 373

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 04:22:17 PM

Also, please keep your ATM suggestions coming! Now is an amazing time to truly be n the groundfloor of this opportunity. Your suggestion could literally make the difference in an ATM being installed in Hong Kong instead of Shanghai (a suggestion I'm implementing), or to add ATMs to Singapore or the Czech Republic (noted and added to list I'm working on).

Is there a way you could make a survey via SurveyMonkey or Qualtrics for people to vote on where they would want ATM's installed? It would be a way to cut down on the clutter here in the thread. Heck, give me the names of the cities you're thinking about and I'll make it. Also, glad to see that we're both like minded about replacing Shanghai with Hong Kong, and adding Singapore to the list.

If you feel like donating: 1NtgJf4znCsA5GJDCbqtowHL2143WyqLkC
akeetlebeetle

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 04:24:41 PM

- 300% ROI is Guaranteed within 2 years, after which the ownership of the machine reverts back to us.

This is not going to sit well with many. Can you please explain why you are doing this?
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 04:35:42 PM

Thank you! We're a community and one of our strengths is the community itself, so community support / input is always appreciated here.

This early in the game, it's not an exaggeration to say: "the world is our oyster."

I've been told by the CEO of Robocoin, that at this point: we can place our pieces as we see fit.

===

These are the variables I'm seeing which affect our decisions with regards to launch markets.

First criteria: a Bitcoin friendly govt. and business environment. Preferably, there is an official friendly policy in place regarding cryptocurrencies.

Second criteria: A large, technically literate population that is favorable to the adoption of cryptocurrencies.

Third criteria: I'm favoring a nation's capital, whenever possible, as these tend to be the hubs of Intl. flights, in which case, these ATMs are going to revolutionize money remittance and business/personal travel fund transportation (the container of the cryptocurrency funds is either in your head or on a slip of paper).

Fourth criteria: our own business contacts in these various countries. We need reliable operators, contractors, and hosts anywhere we launch.

===

You and any others are free to start up a thread or continue the thread here, WRT to BTC ATM placement. I've used Survey Expression before, but my time seems to be at a premium lately, and I def. don't have time to set this up, if you'd like to be a community lead for this.

DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 04:42:14 PM

This is not going to sit well with many. Can you please explain why you are doing this?

Legal hot water. We understood that the new terms may upset some people. As miners just like you, it would actually have been our preference to give you straight ownership for the life of this, but our hands are tied at the moment.

However, this is a guaranteed triple payout on ROI in two years or less.

[Disclaimer: Not your lawyer, financial advisor, or mum.] There is *nothing* going on in ASIC mining anywhere that is giving out these guaranteed ROI estimates. Please check FCTaiChi's chart and see how well this compares. This may be a semi- apples to oranges comparison, but the comparison is valid, as the same funds in consideration for a miner may also consider backing a GB ATM.

Also: this is both a self-serving and a noble venture, as it increases widespread adoption of BTC, which will only benefit us all in the long run. We are going to be saving so many families and individuals a lot of money in remittance and CC fees, all over the world.

==

Also, people who do back this launch will be given special considerations that are exclusive, just for our BTC ATM backers. I can't go into detail about this yet, but if you ask any of our veteran co-op members, we always go above and beyond to help and service our customers.

akeetlebeetle

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 04:45:32 PM

Legal hot water. We understood that the new terms may upset some people. As miners just like you, it would actually have been our preference to give you straight ownership for the life of this, but our hands are tied at the moment.

However, this is a guaranteed triple payout on ROI.

There is *nothing* going on in ASIC mining anywhere that are giving out these guaranteed ROI estimates. Please check FCTaiChi's chart and see how well this compares. This may be a semi- apples to oranges comparison, but the comparison is valid, as the same funds in consideration for a miner may also consider backing a GB ATM.

==

Also, people who do back this launch will be given special considerations that are exclusive, just for our BTC ATM backers. I can't go into detail about this yet, but if you ask any of our veteran co-op members, we always go above and beyond to help and service our customers.

As many of us no doubt want to re-invest some (or all) of our payouts, how long do you think you will be rolling out new machines for and at what pace?

Also, when is ATM for the 2nd group buy (Holland, I think it was) going to be deployed?
btceic

Activity: 392

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2013, 04:47:30 PM

I still don't see a non hype business plan.

If you want to raise funds please put something together for those of us that are not teenagers.

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 04:48:17 PM

February delivery for Amsterdam.

For Europe: Everything else does not have a solid timeframe yet except for early to mid 2014 (for 2nd EU GB ATMs: April-June, most likely )
madpoet

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 04:49:30 PM

Well, it seems like they have done ok so far raising funds Wink

In terms of ROI how are you calculating?  Monetary value in terms of USD, or 300% in terms of BTC invested?  Because a large swing in the BTC price either way could make that a short or long term proposition.
floatyfish

Activity: 373

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 04:50:18 PM

Is there any chance that this will change at a later date once more legal decisions get worked out? Also, will the German ATM will be installed before the Amsterdam one, or is the German ATM included in the April-June window?

If you feel like donating: 1NtgJf4znCsA5GJDCbqtowHL2143WyqLkC
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 04:53:36 PM

Well, it seems like they have done ok so far raising funds Wink

In terms of ROI how are you calculating?  Monetary value in terms of USD, or 300% in terms of BTC invested?  Because a large swing in the BTC price either way could make that a short or long term proposition.

Hey madpoet,

for purposes of pay back calculations, this is calculated in USD (which hugely simplifies things). However, during bi-weekly payouts, your payouts will be paid to you as BTC (calculated at USD values to pay you back over time at 300%) in order to compensate you for helping us with our International Launch. The calculation for the bi-weekly payouts are calculated at the current exchange rate of Bitstamp.
btcapparel

Activity: 568
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 04:58:56 PM

Im interested in a few shares, will decide on cities and make a order

Wanted to throw a middle eastern country in the ring...maybe Dubai or Abu Dhabi? Plenty of oil money floating around and very safe in terms of security/insurance costs etc
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 05:01:59 PM

Im interested in a few shares, will decide on cities and make a order

Wanted to throw a middle eastern country in the ring...maybe Dubai or Abu Dhabi? Plenty of oil money floating around and very safe in terms of security/insurance costs etc
Im looking into Oman right now, have friends who are getting the information for me.
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 05:02:04 PM

Is there any chance that this will change at a later date once more legal decisions get worked out? Also, will the German ATM will be installed before the Amsterdam one, or is the German ATM included in the April-June window?

There may be changes...as legal advice becomes more clear and laws/policies come to fruition. We will be giving a no restock fee refund option if the terms have to change yet again. There may be minor tweaks to the wording but the details of this compensation just listed is to be considered as binding and in place as the structure and language we will be using for the foreseeable future. As in: if you buy in now, you should expect a 300% ROI within 2 years or less.

We're more than willing to raise awareness so that local governing bodies can stimulate economic growth by adopting Bitcoin. We would have preferred to have given you outright partial ownership, but to do this at this point could get us in big trouble and stop us in our tracks.

My promise to you: If it becomes legally feasible for this US based Corporation to give Group Buyers outright partial ownership in the near future then we will go down that path immediately (and any funds already spent backing this launch would be applied to this, if possible).

==

Also, its Germany, then Amsterdam. I'll likely fly over to the EU for this. We'll spend a few days in Germany, then launch in Amsterdam.
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 05:06:30 PM

There may be changes...as legal advice becomes more clear and laws/policies come to fruition. We will be giving a no restock fee refund option if the terms have to change yet again. There may be minor tweaks to the wording but the details of this compensation just listed is to be considered as binding and in place as the structure and language we will be using for the foreseeable future. As in: if you buy in now, you should expect a 300% ROI within 2 years or less.

We're more than willing to raise awareness so that local governing bodies can stimulate economic growth by adopting Bitcoin. We would have preferred to have given you outright partial ownership, but to do this at this point could get us in big trouble and stop us in our tracks.

My promise to you: If it becomes legally feasible for this US based Corporation to give Group Buyers outright partial ownership in the near future then we will go down that path immediately (and any funds already spent backing this launch would be applied to this, if possible).

Sounds fair,

Complications may arise a little further down the line as laws will vary from country to country,  Some may allow ownership others may not so if ATM's are pooled as things develop further down the line how would that work?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: