Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:50:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cloud Based Automated Trading Service for Bitstamp/BTC-E/CEXIO/Kraken/Bitfinex  (Read 22369 times)
pulsecat (OP)

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2013, 05:49:16 PM
Last edit: April 01, 2014, 06:10:49 PM by pulsecat

This topic is continued from here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=222696.0 as this forum is more relevant for service discussion.

Overview
CryptoTrader is an algorithmic trading platform for Bitcoin,alt crypto-currencies and even Ghashes. We provide backtesting feature for strategy development and robot driven trading over our secure VPS cloud. The CryptoTrader API allows to implement and test fully featured algorithmic trading strategies, as well as automate trading.

Supported exchanges & instruments
- Bitstamp BTC/USD
- Bitfinex BTC/USD
- BTC-E BTC/USD,LTC/BTC,LTC/USD
- CEX.IO GHS/BTC
- Kraken XBT/EUR

Advantages
- Fully hosted solution - nothing to install and requires no technical knowledge as trading bots run on our VPS cloud. Technically, every paid subscriber gets his own virtual machine in a couple of minutes after registration.
- Support for 130 trading indicators. Full list is available here https://cryptotrader.org/talib
- A lot of time tested trading strategies. Some examples can be found here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=261086.0 or here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=222696.0

In order to start automated trading:
1. Register at the website and upgrade your account to one of the subscription plans https://cryptotrader.org/plans. Plan prices start at just $15/month.

2. Pick a trading strategy. You can either use an algorithm created by other traders or develop one by yourself if you have programming skills. Some well-tried strategies can be found at the home page under 'Featured' tab.

3. Backtest the trading strategy you are going to use. In order to understand how the strategy performs on historical market data, open backtesting tool and paste the code into the editor. Configure backtest settings if needed using the form at top. Then click 'Backtest' button. Once the simulation is finished, you will get a log contaning all trades done by the algorithm. Backtesting is an important procedure to test validity of any trading strategy.

4. Click 'Trade' button, you will see the form that allows you to configure trading bot, put you API key & secret into it and then click 'Start'. After connecting to the exchange, you trading bot configuration should appear at https://cryptotrader.org/live where the bot will log all its trading activity.

Start trading

CryptoTrader.org - Cloud-based Automated Trading on Bitstamp/BTC-E/CEX.IO/Bitfinex/Kraken | Discussion topic at Bitcointalk.org | Automated Trading Contest (Prize 2 BTC)
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BlackSaxo

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 12:58:38 PM

Thanks for the link again.

I registred now and planned to upgrade, but when i'm testing anything with LTC/USD or LTC/BTC on BTC-e i can't find any Featured strategy that works.

Any help?

Regards
pulsecat (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 01:53:16 PM
Last edit: November 05, 2013, 02:24:01 PM by pulsecat

I registred now and planned to upgrade, but when i'm testing anything with LTC/USD or LTC/BTC on BTC-e i can't find any Featured strategy that works.

Any help?

Regards

The problem occurs only with LTC on BTC-e? Thats strange, i will be looking into it.

CryptoTrader.org - Cloud-based Automated Trading on Bitstamp/BTC-E/CEX.IO/Bitfinex/Kraken | Discussion topic at Bitcointalk.org | Automated Trading Contest (Prize 2 BTC)
BlackSaxo

Activity: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 02:24:48 PM

Any help?

Regards

The problem occurs only with LTC on BTC-e? That's strange, i will be looking into it.

Yes i cant do any simulation. I would really be interssted in LTC because i got more LTC.

Thank You
elvisrene

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 02:04:39 PM

very nice i will join today have been looking for something like this for a long time also when will you add more currencies for btc-e i like trading alt coins
pulsecat (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 07:15:56 PM

very nice i will join today have been looking for something like this for a long time also when will you add more currencies for btc-e i like trading alt coins

Thanks for feedback! Which alt currencies are you interested to trade with?

itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 10:08:46 AM

Code in the editor becomes really cluttered when many classes handling different indicators are in it, which is really necessary if you are trying to develop successful mulch-indicator strategies. Much time is spent scrolling up/down in the editor. Would you consider using something like this https://github.com/fairfieldt/coffeescript-concat so code can be structured a bit and easier to work with? I know it would complicate the editor/saving work, etc, but it would be worth the effort.
pulsecat (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 09:43:34 PM

Code in the editor becomes really cluttered when many classes handling different indicators are in it, which is really necessary if you are trying to develop successful mulch-indicator strategies. Much time is spent scrolling up/down in the editor. Would you consider using something like this https://github.com/fairfieldt/coffeescript-concat so code can be structured a bit and easier to work with? I know it would complicate the editor/saving work, etc, but it would be worth the effort.

It won't be easy to integrate that preprocessor tool, as it's server side not client side. What about adding fullscreen feature to the editor?

elvisrene

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 10:43:11 PM

Thanks for feedback! Which alt currencies are you interested to trade with?

Xpm/btc
and any other would be nice that way i can have more then a trade a day . And so far very good great bot made 40$ in 2 days with simulation of course just testing out the water but will put in some money next week
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 12:16:50 AM

It won't be easy to integrate that preprocessor tool, as it's server side not client side. What about adding fullscreen feature to the editor?

Good! This seem to integrate easily, has syntax highliting for CoffeeScript:
http://ace.c9.io/#nav=production
It doesn't have to be fullscreen, just a bit bigger vertical size to see more of the code.
mroth7684

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 09:47:58 PM

Are there any other scripts that work with CEX trading other than the default EMA 10/21? I tried running backtests on some of the scripts posted in the contest but they all showed 10-20% losses on CEX. So far it seems like the default EMA 10/21 with 1hr is the only semi profitable one.

TradesLikeAPotato

Activity: 41

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 12:44:58 AM

Does your standalone client work on windows?
Financisto

Activity: 631
Merit: 767

BTC⇆⚡⇄BTC

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 07:42:31 AM

Greetings!

Is there any way to create synthetic data (BTC candles created based-on a seed) in order to backtest and simulate trading strategies?

e.g. that way we could simulate something like 100 years of BTC prices generated by a seed that contains the prices of BTC since 2011 to nowadays.

BTW, great application. Very well done.

Keep up the great work!

BitcoinTalk's ESCROW Providers: Ranking & BlacklistLIST • FOSS BrainwalletsBTC ⇆⚡⇄ BTCBTC aka BTC: 16MBvhaJoRBxW3Vk6apnvz3UYT9HAgraVS ⚡ PGP: 2680207AA9A1B69FE7A033D80DE0F221074384C4 ⚡ If you think freedom matters, please support the development of these privacy projects→DONATE some sats: TailsQubes OSWhonixVeraCryptPicocryptKryptorSimpleX Chat
velacreations

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 03:57:51 PM

where can I find algorithms to test?

pulsecat (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 07:40:48 PM

Does your standalone client work on windows?

It should work, but i can't provide exact instructions because i dont have access to windows machine. Most likely you will need to have Visual Studio C++ compiler installed.

Greetings!

Is there any way to create synthetic data (BTC candles created based-on a seed) in order to backtest and simulate trading strategies?

e.g. that way we could simulate something like 100 years of BTC prices generated by a seed that contains the prices of BTC since 2011 to nowadays.

Keep up the great work!

Thanks for your feedback. Could you suggest some readings about the simulation method based on a seed?

where can I find algorithms to test?

Some interesting algos can be found here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=261086.160

pulsecat (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 07:55:21 PM

Are there any other scripts that work with CEX trading other than the default EMA 10/21? I tried running backtests on some of the scripts posted in the contest but they all showed 10-20% losses on CEX. So far it seems like the default EMA 10/21 with 1hr is the only semi profitable one.

EMA definitely works because today my bot on CEX.IO made few bucks on account with a small deposit of 0.5 BTC.

mroth7684

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 09:21:41 PM
Last edit: November 11, 2013, 09:50:23 PM by mroth7684

EMA definitely works because today my bot on CEX.IO made few bucks on account with a small deposit of 0.5 BTC.

What time period are you using? I'm using 1 hour and it hasn't made any trades today except this morning/last night with a sell at 0.0944 from a buy of 0.0974.

It may have gotten stuck as there was some ghs left that didn't sell for some reason, does it not buy until all ghs is sold?

2013-11-11 05:02 SELL order #7290762 amount: 0.0328 GHS @ 0.0944
2013-11-11 05:02 SELL order #7290762 traded. Balance: 0.0002 GHS (0.0000 BTC) 0.6203 BTC
2013-11-11 06:00 SELL order wasn't created because the amount is less than minimum order amount

pulsecat (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 09:54:16 AM
Last edit: November 13, 2013, 11:13:18 AM by pulsecat

What time period are you using? I'm using 1 hour and it hasn't made any trades today except this morning/last night with a sell at 0.0944 from a buy of 0.0974.

It may have gotten stuck as there was some ghs left that didn't sell for some reason, does it not buy until all ghs is sold?

2013-11-11 05:02 SELL order #7290762 amount: 0.0328 GHS @ 0.0944
2013-11-11 05:02 SELL order #7290762 traded. Balance: 0.0002 GHS (0.0000 BTC) 0.6203 BTC
2013-11-11 06:00 SELL order wasn't created because the amount is less than minimum order amount

I trade on hourly time frame. From the chart you can see that GHS/BTC is downtrending so don't expect bot to trade actively until the market bounced back.
An order was not placed because 0.0002 GHS is very small amount - it is just 0.0000188 BTC. Minimum order amount for CEX.IO is set to 0.01 GHS.

xhabit

Activity: 209

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 07:05:56 PM

nice service ... i'test now with a very small amount on gox. it will trade with no upgrade ... ? or only simulate ...

Bitcoin Priester German BTC PoolParty League
DOGE: DQz6dAAGZ3jyWhhnBvfey73VX5jeZ26e2N
pulsecat (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 12:56:11 PM
Last edit: November 15, 2013, 02:43:34 PM by pulsecat

nice service ... i'test now with a very small amount on gox. it will trade with no upgrade ... ? or only simulate ...

Thanks for feedback. Live trading is available for paid subscription only, though in my opinion the rates are very affordable for such kind of service.

Bitcoin-Cigarettes.com

Activity: 55

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 11:16:04 PM

Awesome!  Signed up today, created a trader.  It was very easy!  Thanks for this service Smiley
Using a small amount for trading at first, lets see where this ride takes us!

https://Bitcoin-Cigarettes.com
sonicby

Activity: 194

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 10:50:28 AM

5 min. its a minimum interval between trades ?
Why not 1 min ?
Russian support thread ?
jbssm

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 07:43:22 PM

May seem a silly question but I searched and searched the site and I found nothing.

How do I backtest my own algorithms? I can only test other people algos, can't find any way to make my own.

Donations to the helping fund for victims of alien abduction and zombie contagion are welcome: 13U16ay4Tyvr9ZkQ3wqtReuZGaPE27wt4e
pulsecat (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 11:17:11 PM

5 min. its a minimum interval between trades ?
Why not 1 min ?
Russian support thread ?

1 min interval can be used for trading with MtGox.

May seem a silly question but I searched and searched the site and I found nothing.

How do I backtest my own algorithms? I can only test other people algos, can't find any way to make my own.

https://cryptotrader.org/topics/727237/how-do-i-create-and-backtest-my-own-algorithms

Financisto

Activity: 631
Merit: 767

BTC⇆⚡⇄BTC

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2013, 08:12:47 AM

Greetings!

Keep up the great work!

Thanks for your feedback. Could you suggest some readings about the simulation method based on a seed?

=> Beyond Technical Analysis by Tushar Chande.

BitcoinTalk's ESCROW Providers: Ranking & BlacklistLIST • FOSS BrainwalletsBTC ⇆⚡⇄ BTCBTC aka BTC: 16MBvhaJoRBxW3Vk6apnvz3UYT9HAgraVS ⚡ PGP: 2680207AA9A1B69FE7A033D80DE0F221074384C4 ⚡ If you think freedom matters, please support the development of these privacy projects→DONATE some sats: TailsQubes OSWhonixVeraCryptPicocryptKryptorSimpleX Chat
Racer8

Activity: 150

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 08:42:30 AM

I'm new to algo trading so need to ask a basic question that I have not seen an answer to on these threads or on the forum.  I have not upgraded to live trading yet so cannot see the how to set that up.  The API says the Handle event is called on each bar event.  When are bar events for live trading?  Are they set up the same as backtesting (i.e. user configurable) or are they for each movement in trading price on the exchange?
sonicby

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 06:38:31 PM

I'm new to algo trading so need to ask a basic question that I have not seen an answer to on these threads or on the forum.  I have not upgraded to live trading yet so cannot see the how to set that up.  The API says the Handle event is called on each bar event.  When are bar events for live trading?  Are they set up the same as backtesting (i.e. user configurable) or are they for each movement in trading price on the exchange?
same as backtesting
pa

Activity: 528
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 02:33:42 AM

If I developed a successful trading algorithm, what's stopping Cryptotrader.org from copying it and using it for themselves, at my expense?
YoYa

Activity: 809

Always verify deals with me through my public key!

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 09:30:22 PM

What's the story with the never ending status circle?

joesmoe2012

Activity: 882

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 05:54:43 AM

Also, it would be nice if there was some sort of notification when my subscription expires instead of all my stuff just dropping offline!

Very upsetting.

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
mjsbuddha

Activity: 336

yung lean

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 01:16:29 AM

What's the story with the never ending status circle?

same issue here. What does it mean?
YoYa

Activity: 809

Always verify deals with me through my public key!

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 12:52:32 PM

same issue here. What does it mean?

At a guess, it seems to take a bit of time when initializing the api for the first use. Either that, or it's waiting for your bots schedule to kick in. Leave it alone for a day and hopefully it will clear up like it did for me.
jasonxion

Activity: 12

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 01:10:30 AM

Code:
        orderId = buy instrument # Spend all amount of cash for BTC
        if orderId
           # a buy was executed
           context.buy_price = instrument.price
I am trying to do something similar and build on a simple script.
However no matter what I do I can not keep the instrument.price stored.

#Simple buy and sell over price with EMA
init: (context)->
    context.buy_price = 0

handle: (context, data)->
    instrument = data.instruments[0]
    short = instrument.ema(9)
    long = instrument.ema(19)
    plot
        short: short
        long: long
    if short > long
        buy instrument #works up to here
        context.buy_price = instrument.price #The sell fails by not selling the instrument over the (purchased) price
    else if  context.buy_price > (instrument.price*1.01)
        orderId = sell instrument

I assume it has to do with the iff statements, because I can get the sell to work but then the buy just buys as soon as the script starts.
Thanks for any ideas and help.
sonicby

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 09:22:55 AM

Code:
        orderId = buy instrument # Spend all amount of cash for BTC
        if orderId
           # a buy was executed
           context.buy_price = instrument.price
I am trying to do something similar and build on a simple script.
However no matter what I do I can not keep the instrument.price stored.

context.buy_price = 0

plot
    if short > long
        context.buy_price = instrument.price #The sell fails by not selling the instrument over the (purchased) price
    else if  context.buy_price > (instrument.price*1.01)
        orderId = sell instrument

I assume it has to do with the iff statements, because I can get the sell to work but then the buy just buys as soon as the script starts.
Thanks for any ideas and help.

Right code. Need more checks. only for sample
Code:
    context.buy_price = 0

plot
    if short < long and  context.buy_price = 0
#Open position
    else
        if  context.buy_price > (instrument.price*1.01)
#Close position
            sell instrument
            context.buy_price = 0.
jasonxion

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 01:03:15 PM

Thank you for the help.
However it still fails to open when the "if short > long and  context.buy_price = 0" is included.
I can remove and  context.buy_price = 0 and the buy is executed however than the buy_price does not seem to be held because a sale is executed at less than the buy_price.
sonicby

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 03:11:16 PM

Thank you for the help.
However it still fails to open when the "if short > long and  context.buy_price = 0" is included.
I can remove and  context.buy_price = 0 and the buy is executed however than the buy_price does not seem to be held because a sale is executed at less than the buy_price.
try this. modify.
Code:
###

###       

# Initialization method called before a simulation starts.
# Context object holds script data and will be passed to 'handle' method.
 context.buyprice = 0
 context.volumepos = 0
# This method is called for each tick
    btc_have = portfolio.positions[instrument.asset()].amount
    fiat_have = portfolio.positions[instrument.curr()].amount
    long = Math.round(instrument.ema(100)*1000)/1000
    short = Math.round(instrument.ema(26)*1000)/1000
    vol_buy = 0.01
    vol_sell = btc_have
    price = instrument.price
    #debug 'price '+price+' long '+long+' short '+short+' buyprice '+context.buyprice
    #debug 'volumepos '+context.volumepos
    if  price < long and price < short and context.volumepos <= 0
        buy(instrument,vol_buy) #works up to here
        context.buyprice = price #The sell fails by not selling the instrument over the (purchased) price
        context.volumepos = vol_buy
    if  price > context.buyprice*1.01 and context.volumepos > 0
            sell(instrument,vol_sell,price)
            context.buy_price = 0
            context.volumepos = 0
Epinnoia

Activity: 209

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 07:19:37 AM
Last edit: December 27, 2013, 07:53:06 AM by Epinnoia

I have played with the balancerbot python script, as well as the Toblibot and Butterbot.  And I must say, the one thing that Butterbot has that I would have expected cryptotrader to have is a very simple time offset.  How soon can we expect this to be added?  I just signed up, and I would love to stick around.  But you guys really need to add a time offset -- something to random up the bots running on similar strategies.  There's a pile-on effect happening due to there not being a time offset, and it's quite noticeable if you watch the corresponding depth tables.  I realize there's a stand-alone client, and that will permit you to run on your own local time if you use it.  But what about the web-based users?  Most of them won't necessarily know how to install a VM or install from a GIT.

My first miner -> ATI 4550 (7.2 Mh/sec): 
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cryptospeculators/
coin123123

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 10:02:14 AM

tried to register,

"We're sorry. New subscriptions are not available at this time."
fher98

Activity: 122

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 04:35:29 PM

Any new scripts thats working?

██████████  ✔  PoSToken - First PoS Smart Contract Token - Get Your Free Tokens Now!
█     PoSToken    █  ✔  Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO  ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
██████████  ✔  ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
fher98

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 04:38:30 PM

By the way, what about support for cryptsy?

██████████  ✔  PoSToken - First PoS Smart Contract Token - Get Your Free Tokens Now!
█     PoSToken    █  ✔  Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO  ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
fher98

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 05:30:54 PM

tried to register,

Yup,.. seems like they are off for the holidays. Looks like im gonna check another option then.

gabbello

Activity: 116
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 12:53:05 PM

Nice service I already bought one Pro subscription, let's see how that works.

One question:

If I run multiple bots on the same exchange (same account), is there a way to limit each one at a specific max balance (USD & BTC) that they can use? Because I see the predefined ones just take in account the entire available balance when they start.

sonicby

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 01:30:42 PM

Nice service I already bought one Pro subscription, let's see how that works.

One question:

If I run multiple bots on the same exchange (same account), is there a way to limit each one at a specific max balance (USD & BTC) that they can use? Because I see the predefined ones just take in account the entire available balance when they start.

U need coffeescript script for that.
Sample script very simple.
Thom

Activity: 112

Be kind man, don't be mankind

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2013, 01:01:41 AM

This is awesome for a dyscalculic like myself who can read profits in a graph, but not in a faceful of numbers.

I'm backtesting on the cryptotrader site then running the coffees on the standalone cryptrade bot (for now).

I'm into cex.io since they have no trade fees, as a market with no fiat it doesn't panic hard, there's a very predictable gradual BTC/GHS downslope to try strategies on, and since their GHS mine while held, it's profit all over. Maybe.
So I'm predictably delighted to see a bot-and-backtest-website-combo working nicely with cexio.

Feature requests for cryptotrader/cryptrade: (mostly re cexio)

• 2+ Currencies/chart
A coffee script can already specify currencies, but to see multiple overlaid charts from one exchange would be great for exchanges that carry lots of currency pairings. Not only are there arbitrage loops that can be performed within a single exchange, but I'm sure there's a load of ways to carry value across more than 2 currencies and turn a profit.

• More trade pairs @ cexio (NMC/GHS, LTC/BTC)
GHS held at cexio mine BTC and NMC, so almost all users should run a buy-and-hold bot instance to trade all mined NMC for GHS.
I'm doing just that with a kludged python hackbot of my own design, and doing so currently increases GHS by about 1%/day.

• More decimal points available when bot trades
cexio trades up to 8 decimal places. Bot does trades as intended but leaves leftovers in both GHS and BTC balances. This persists even if min_order is lowered. A little GHS held at all times is technically good since it's mining, but the bot should be able to use the whole balance.
Cexio does sometimes report tiny numbers as maths like 4e-7, and although the bot sees them fine, it doesn't trade the whole balance.

Enough wishlisting. Big up pulsecat for keeping the github bot opensource, and double big up for running it as a site/community so we can share and test strategies.

I'm reluctantly using Cryptotrader-VM after I found cryptrader wouldn't install (no keys.cson after npm install, MacOSX+Mavericks, other npm things like gekko install fine), but it's in nederlands language and keyboard layout, so that was a painful time fixing those. I'll be posting on my blog about it, but rest assured the bottom line will be "if you're serious about running a bot, this method is painful. Buy it."

It's short for Thomassina ⚥ • BTC veteran, Bitcointalk neophyte • BTC1THoM4cn8hHTyE637DEPMCLcerZe1mL1X • Cex.IO Cloud Mining - don't risk preorders, mine & trade now!
༺ ☤ Curecoin - Fold Proteins, Earn Coins! ☤   CURE: B8cjEuGKH3qofsxGGEVYdTwUrpfCTxQP7u ༻
jasonxion

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 02:44:46 AM

Thank you for the help.
try this. modify.
Code:
###

###       

# Initialization method called before a simulation starts.
# Context object holds script data and will be passed to 'handle' method.
 context.buyprice = 0
 context.volumepos = 0
# This method is called for each tick
    btc_have = portfolio.positions[instrument.asset()].amount
    fiat_have = portfolio.positions[instrument.curr()].amount
    long = Math.round(instrument.ema(100)*1000)/1000
    short = Math.round(instrument.ema(26)*1000)/1000
    vol_buy = 0.01
    vol_sell = btc_have
    price = instrument.price
    #debug 'price '+price+' long '+long+' short '+short+' buyprice '+context.buyprice
    #debug 'volumepos '+context.volumepos
    if  price < long and price < short and context.volumepos <= 0
        buy(instrument,vol_buy) #works up to here
        context.buyprice = price #The sell fails by not selling the instrument over the (purchased) price
        context.volumepos = vol_buy
    if  price > context.buyprice*1.01 and context.volumepos > 0
            sell(instrument,vol_sell,price)
            context.buy_price = 0
            context.volumepos = 0

Thanks, I was able to use this modified code to correct my script and get it working.
Jason
MeatPopsicle

Activity: 49

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 07:31:23 AM

tried to register,

Yup,.. seems like they are off for the holidays. Looks like im gonna check another option then.

They also disabled renewals. So even if you had a subscription you're SOL. Everybody should stop using cryptotrader if this is how they're going to handle paid subscriptions.
Thom

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2013, 11:35:46 AM

tried to register,

They also disabled renewals. So even if you had a subscription you're SOL. Everybody should stop using cryptotrader if this is how they're going to handle paid subscriptions.

It's only the Basic option that's disabled. Pro and VIP are still available.
(and if you can't spare $25 then you don't have enough for a bot to trade with)

It's short for Thomassina ⚥ • BTC veteran, Bitcointalk neophyte • BTC1THoM4cn8hHTyE637DEPMCLcerZe1mL1X • Cex.IO Cloud Mining - don't risk preorders, mine & trade now!
༺ ☤ Curecoin - Fold Proteins, Earn Coins! ☤   CURE: B8cjEuGKH3qofsxGGEVYdTwUrpfCTxQP7u ༻
stfnnn

Activity: 75

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 11:59:58 AM

I'm getting a bad gateway error with the standalone client:

Code:
./cryptrade.sh -p btce -t 2h -i ltc_usd ltcbomba.coffee
2013-12-29T11:44:16.297Z - info: Initializing new trader instance #ltcbomba [btce/ltc_usd/2h]
2013-12-29T11:44:16.481Z - info: Connecting to data provider..
2013-12-29T11:44:16.670Z - error: <html>
<head><title>502 Bad Gateway</title></head>
<body bgcolor="white">
<center><h1>502 Bad Gateway</h1></center>
<hr><center>nginx/1.4.2</center>
</body>
</html>

BTC send to 1DZK7skHmfLYgu1ZvfiVTRTKGhwfkQn6xH are lost in /dev/null !!
Thom

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2013, 12:18:37 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2013, 01:19:31 PM by Thom

This is awesome for a dyscalculic like myself who can read profits in a graph, but not in a faceful of numbers.

Having said that, it started okay, but it's been giving me 502 bad gateway nginx errors (in html!) for hours now :/

EDIT: And it's back! Let's see for how long...

p_wetsteijn

Activity: 46

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 06:30:39 AM

Any have a good bitstamp bot? i checked some forums and can't find a good one.
seleme
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028

Duelbits.com

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 07:01:42 PM

Had my first trade with CryptoTrader today, in my account it says it sold at 1030$ but My MtGox history says nothing was sold above 990$.

███████████████▄▄
    ██████████████████████▄
  ██████████████████████████▄
 ███████   ▀████████▀   ████▄
██████████    █▀  ▀    ██████▄
███████████▄▄▀  ██  ▀▄▄████████
███████████          █████████
███████████▀▀▄  ██  ▄▀▀████████
██████████▀   ▀▄  ▄▀   ▀██████▀
 ███████  ▄██▄████▄█▄  █████▀
  ██████████████████████████▀
    ██████████████████████▀
       ███████████████▀▀
.Duelbits.
..THE MOST REWARDING CASINO......
   ▄▄▄▄████▀███▄▄▄▄▄
▄███▄▀▄██▄   ▄██▄▀▄███▄
████▄█▄███▄█▄███▄█▄████
███████████████████████   ▄██▄
██     ██     ██     ██   ▀██▀
██ ▀▀█ ██ ▀▀█ ██ ▀▀█ ██    ██
██  █  ██  █  ██  █  ██
█▌  ██
██     ██     ██     ████  ██
█████████████████████████  ██
████████████████████████████▀
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████▌
       +4,000      
PROVABLY FAIR
GAMES
   $500,000  
MONTHLY
PRIZE POOL
      $10,000     
BLACKJACK
GIVEAWAY
johncclarke

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 04:20:23 AM

I'm trying to use a bot on Cryptotrader.org, but it will only really work effectively if I can set it "start" date to be a couple of months ago. Right now it's bouncing on the wrong side of the 1H EMA, so buying high and selling low. If I can have it's TRADING start date at "2013/11/01 8:00 PM" for example then it wouldn't be doing this.

If not, I'll have to leave it going for a few days to "grow into the pattern", but may miss out on some good opportunities.

Please tell me this is possible Smiley

Thank you

sonicby

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 06:39:05 AM

Insert in code counter.

init :
context.counter = 48

handle:
context.counter = context.counter - 1

if counter = 0
 buy or sell.
Sephera

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 12:05:15 PM

My trading bot seems stuck.
americandesi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

BTC < > INR & USD

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 05:44:58 PM

Interested and evaluating right now.

Always buying and selling btc in bulk.!
Have I helped you out?  Send a donation! : 1ADesitf6McNmFw5wAN1y86bvyHLB5gR6P
My Reputation Thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252042.0
Sephera

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 11:40:46 PM

Anyone been able to get bitstamp working with Crytotrader?
maksm

Activity: 21

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 09:45:41 AM

My Bitstamp trader is working just fine, why?
tubbyjr

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 09:43:13 PM

And... now you gotta subscribe just to run backtests.

Lame.
velacreations

Activity: 476

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 12:41:07 AM

anyone having a problem accessing the site?

dutu

Activity: 73

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 12:53:00 AM

anyone having a problem accessing the site?

yes: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=222696.0
demoniality

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 10:40:54 PM

discussion topics disappeared?

ufo: C9icQvu4T4Jo6QpmnP1dgQW5ru1BfPJ4sV
soltrac

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:11:40 PM

Hello,

I've created a fork of the original github project cryptrade because it's been abandoned.

If you don't know what cryptrade does, it is a bot that trades over the platform of cryptotrader.org. The project has been abandoned due the admin prefers focusing on his cloud project. He made this open source bot, but once he started making changes to the cryptotrader tick server, he did not apply these changes to the current bot.

I've changed some things, at least, to make it compatible to some of the last algorithms and I plan to add as many as possibilites that original project has.

I've added compatibility with Stats algorithm and added limit orders and timeouts to MtGox (at least, only tested with MtGox).

You can check my code and add improves, issues, etc. on

https://github.com/soltrac/cryptrade

TODO LIST:

Check CEX.IO, BitStamp, BTC-E
Add Serialization (very important)
Add Offset
Fix bugs, many Tongue
pulsecat (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 03:53:12 PM

We've just launched Beta of Affiliate Program. Use this link https://cryptotrader.org/affiliates to join.

Thran

Activity: 13

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 04:20:22 PM

Hm, hitting the Join button does nothing to me when i am logged in and it just opened only the register/login form when i am not logged in.
pulsecat (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 04:44:08 PM

Hm, hitting the Join button does nothing to me when i am logged in and it just opened only the register/login form when i am not logged in.

Thanks for noticing this. Fixed.

Thran

Activity: 13

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:25:01 PM

Yep. works now
m3whiteknight

Activity: 95

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 01:11:08 AM

I try to start running my bot at BTC e and it keep saying invalid API key. I try over and over and create a new API key and it still doesn t take it. Is anyone know why
m3whiteknight

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 01:13:50 AM

t
pulsecat (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 11:05:47 AM
Last edit: February 16, 2014, 11:28:26 AM by pulsecat

I try to start running my bot at BTC e and it keep saying invalid API key. I try over and over and create a new API key and it still doesn t take it. Is anyone know why

What permissions are set for your key? Should be all permissions except deposit and withdrawals. Also don't forget to activate the key. If the problem still persists contact support@cryptotrader.org.

m3whiteknight

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 03:58:53 PM

I was set permission for trade only, so I go back and set permission for all and it work now. Thanks
pulsecat (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 07:56:21 AM

Recent updates & features

- Strategy Market
As you may guess from its name, this feature introduces some kind of marketplace where trading bots can be bought and sold. So far almost 30 strategies have been listed, many of them are created by professional traders.

- Bitfinex
Currently only basic trading options are available (Exchange Market Order and Exchange Limit Order), but we will be looking to add support for extended Bitfinex features such as Leveraged Trading, so if anyone has experience with trading there please let us know what trading instruments you have used on Bitfinex.

phort6n2

Activity: 22

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 10:52:18 PM

I've just joined the site, and I'm interested in upgrading so that I can purchase and use an existing strategy. What is the difference between "simulated trading bots" and "automated trading bots?" What level do I need to sign up for to be able to purchase a bot? Thanks.
pulsecat (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 06:44:46 PM

I've just joined the site, and I'm interested in upgrading so that I can purchase and use an existing strategy. What is the difference between "simulated trading bots" and "automated trading bots?" What level do I need to sign up for to be able to purchase a bot? Thanks.

Simulated trading feature allows you to practice with play money trading, whereas Automated trading bots trade with real coins. To purchase strategies you need any subscription plan, but i recommend to have at least Basic+ so that your bots can trade not only for play money but for coins too.

phort6n2

Activity: 22

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 07:53:58 PM

Simulated trading feature allows you to practice with play money trading, whereas Automated trading bots trade with real coins. To purchase strategies you need any subscription plan, but i recommend to have at least Basic+ so that your bots can trade not only for play money but for coins too.

Great, thanks for the explanation and advice.  Wink
pulsecat (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 04:46:47 PM

I'm glad to announce that Cryptotrader now has support for Kraken API https://cryptotrader.org/topics/199880/kraken-released

pulsecat (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 10:08:56 AM

Cryptotrader now offers Live Trading Feature starting from just $10 / month https://cryptotrader.org/plans?r=bt

pulsecat (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 09:04:00 PM

Cryptotrader now allows automated real-time trading on Cryptsy with DOGE, Darkcoin and Vericoin https://cryptotrader.org/topics/764473/new-exchange-cryptsy

dave111223
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 03:24:57 AM

Are you considering adding any new exchange integrations?

Please consider added us at https://bx.in.th/

API Docs: https://bx.in.th/info/api/
pertschyj

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 04:21:25 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2016, 01:15:41 PM by pertschyj

I had a bad experience with algorithmic trading
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: