Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:33:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGox bitcoin withdrawal delay >:(  (Read 36275 times)
bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 08:44:30 AM

Hint for you: Go and find that virgin and maybe you find a clue.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
akhentek

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 08:45:07 AM

thread is pretty long... has everyone received their coins back?

got the same problem
Nemesis (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 08:45:52 AM

Hint for you: Go and find that virgin and maybe you find a clue.

If i need a clue i would ask Josh for a quarter idiot.

azyr

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 09:23:16 AM

I've got 43BTC stuck in MtGox since I made the withdrawal about 35 hours ago. I have sent email to the support and asked what happened to my money and their response was following:

James Support, Nov 07 16:44 (JST):
Hello,

Sorry for the delay. We will escalate to the development team and update you once the transaction is processed.

Best regards,

Mt.Gox Team

Not very useful...

How do I broadcast this transaction again? What does it actually mean to broadcast an transaction? Did MtGox actually broadcast these transactions at all to begin with? I also saw some mentions about MtGox double spending the coins that were supposed to be withdrawn. What does it mean?
Beans

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 10:07:33 AM

I made a btc withdraw hours ago. Still nothing. What a pain in the ass.
gizmoh
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 10:11:52 AM

Other than 'hlynur' , anyone else received their coins?

How Ripple Rips you: "The founders of Ripple Labs created 100 billion XRP at Ripple's inception. No more can be created according to the rules of the Ripple protocol. Of the 100 billion created, 20 billion XRP were retained by the creators, seeders, venture capital companies and other founders. The remaining 80 billion were given to Ripple Labs. Ripple Labs intends to distribute and sell 55 of that 80 billion XRP to users and strategic partners. Ripple Labs also had a giveaway of under 200 million XRP (0.002% of all XRP) via World Community Grid that was later discontinued.[29] Ripple Labs will retain the remaining 25 billion"
onecent

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 11:27:33 AM

so I am not the only one facing this withdraw problem, I made a withdraw about 5 hours ago and received nothing. What the FXXXK GOX? Angry
bouboun59

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 11:38:39 AM

so I am not the only one facing this withdraw problem, I made a withdraw about 5 hours ago and received nothing. What the FXXXK GOX? Angry

in IRC, no time, no solution, wait wait

Me after 38hours, nothing

Mtgox it's not serious !
Hailo

Activity: 38

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 04:36:23 PM

Nancy, Nov 06 10:07 (JST):
Hello,

Thank you for the email. Please be noted that

When withdrawing or depositing bitcoins into your Mt.Gox account there may occasionally be a delay (1~24 hours) depending on network congestion, your internet connection speed and the time required to get 6 confirmations on the network. If you're sending to your computer's wallet, it's good practice to keep your bitcoin client running so it can download the block chain. For those that may not know the block chain is the complete history of all transactions made on the bitcoin network, and as such it can take some time to update and download the most current block and see the bitcoins in your wallet.

We request you to check after few hours . We would also check and keep you updated once the BTC withdrawal is processed.

Best regards,

Mt.Gox Team
https://www.mtgox.com

[Attention: Please protect your account using OTP to ensure that your funds are safe and secure. Failing to do so makes your information vulnerable to hackers.
Please visit https://mtgox.com/security]

This is what they sent to me. It's been almost 48 hours. 9.2 btc. Sigh been using gox for so long. Now I'm seriously never using them again once this is resolved
X68N

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 04:48:22 PM

Seriously, the Forum Mod hre shuld made this sticky.
MtGox seems to convert into a fraud company.

only thing, is we can warn everybody, so most people stop using them!

since 23h i wait. Only answer i got is get informed about Updates... stupid crap!

YOBIT IS SCAM , YOBIT IS SCAM , YOBIT IS SCAM meine Steuerdatei:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=612741.msg19244732#msg19244732
Hic et nunc

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 04:58:30 PM

Nancy, Nov 06 10:07 (JST):
Hello,

Thank you for the email. Please be noted that

When withdrawing or depositing bitcoins into your Mt.Gox account there may occasionally be a delay (1~24 hours) depending on network congestion, your internet connection speed and the time required to get 6 confirmations on the network. If you're sending to your computer's wallet, it's good practice to keep your bitcoin client running so it can download the block chain. For those that may not know the block chain is the complete history of all transactions made on the bitcoin network, and as such it can take some time to update and download the most current block and see the bitcoins in your wallet.

We request you to check after few hours . We would also check and keep you updated once the BTC withdrawal is processed.

Best regards,

Mt.Gox Team
https://www.mtgox.com

[Attention: Please protect your account using OTP to ensure that your funds are safe and secure. Failing to do so makes your information vulnerable to hackers.
Please visit https://mtgox.com/security]

This is what they sent to me. It's been almost 48 hours. 9.2 btc. Sigh been using gox for so long. Now I'm seriously never using them again once this is resolved

Identical mail they sent to me.   A copy and paste.
jaybny

Activity: 410

Proof-of-Skill - protoblock.com

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 05:05:37 PM

If people cant get their BTC from MtGox then the MtGox spread over Bitstamp should be much lower.. currently it is almost $20.. this indicates that the "market" doesn't think its a long term problem.

Protoblock turns knowledge of American football into Fantasybit coin, a margin token used to monetize leveraged skill.

https://twitter.com/jaybny/status/1022596877332762624
gambitv

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 05:27:22 PM
Last edit: November 08, 2013, 03:35:54 AM by gambitv

I am surprised people are flocking to MtGox to sell now. I bet a lot of people bought at Bitstamp and sold on MtGox. Now that Bitstamp got same as MtGox for a while, people are trying to re-buy and return to Bitstamp.

Unfortunately, plan will have you holding 280USD coins when they are most likely going to be worth less than 180 in a few days time.

lol
You're a dumbass for making wild guess like that.

Why dont you check your crystal ball when you're gonna lose your virgin ?

I didn't notice this wonderful comment.

I guess a slight exaggeration. But you can understand my meaning. Some of us are trying to exit gracefully from MtGox and make use of Bitstamp being higher than Mtgox's price ( since we purchased the coins ).

We are at ATH levels and have been for a few days. How long did it stay at this level back in April this year.

So call me names if you like, but my meaning is clear.

EDIT: All coins recieved. I did raise a helpdesk ticket to draw attention to my issue, not sure if this helped.

The stock market today is a war zone, where algobots fight each other over pennies, millions of times a second.
gizmoh
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 05:33:09 PM

I am quoting this person from Wall observer thread who resumes the technical issue quite well:

Mine has nothing to do with newly minted coins, I don't even mine, been waiting since last night.
It doesn't matter what you do with your bitcoins.

All the bitcoins that get deposited into Mt Gox get dumped into a single pile.

Some of the coins are dumped in there by miners, whose coins can not be spent until 100 blocks after they were mined.

Some of the coins are only spendable if a Mt Gox employee grabs the private key out of safe or something.

The software Mt Gox uses to choose which coins to spend when customers want to withdraw bitcoins is apparently suboptimal.

If their software tries to spend a coin which has not matured (>100 blocks since being mined), the entire transaction ends up in limbo.

Another possible problem is that some transactions end up with too many inputs with an insufficient fee the transaction also ends up in limbo.

If a withdrawal transaction fails, Mt Gox has to double spend those inputs before trying the withdrawal again because otherwise there's a possibility the original transaction will suddenly get mined and they will irrevocably pay out twice.

so calm down folks, we will eventually get our coins soon, and its all beneficial while btc is still on rally mode.

How Ripple Rips you: "The founders of Ripple Labs created 100 billion XRP at Ripple's inception. No more can be created according to the rules of the Ripple protocol. Of the 100 billion created, 20 billion XRP were retained by the creators, seeders, venture capital companies and other founders. The remaining 80 billion were given to Ripple Labs. Ripple Labs intends to distribute and sell 55 of that 80 billion XRP to users and strategic partners. Ripple Labs also had a giveaway of under 200 million XRP (0.002% of all XRP) via World Community Grid that was later discontinued.[29] Ripple Labs will retain the remaining 25 billion"
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 05:44:19 PM

I am quoting this person from Wall observer thread who resumes the technical issue quite well:

Mine has nothing to do with newly minted coins, I don't even mine, been waiting since last night.

Some of the coins are dumped in there by miners, whose coins can not be spent until 100 blocks after they were mined.

Some of the coins are only spendable if a Mt Gox employee grabs the private key out of safe or something.

The software Mt Gox uses to choose which coins to spend when customers want to withdraw bitcoins is apparently suboptimal.

If their software tries to spend a coin which has not matured (>100 blocks since being mined), the entire transaction ends up in limbo.

Another possible problem is that some transactions end up with too many inputs with an insufficient fee the transaction also ends up in limbo.

If a withdrawal transaction fails, Mt Gox has to double spend those inputs before trying the withdrawal again because otherwise there's a possibility the original transaction will suddenly get mined and they will irrevocably pay out twice.

so calm down folks, we will eventually get our coins soon, and its all beneficial while btc is still on rally mode.

Just so you know, I have no inside information about Mt Gox's current problems.

I don't know for certain what the real problems are, but the circumstantial evidence points to those factors.
zeroblock

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 05:44:54 PM

I don't buy the argument that newly mined coins are causing this.  The poll I did back in August only has 13.5% of miners using Gox to cash out.  

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=278675.0;viewResults

azyr

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 07:51:24 PM

Can someone elaborate on the last paragraph:

That would explain the "double spending" that is occurring at the moment. Why can those failed withdrawals get mined again? If the coins have been created once, how can they be created again?
Hfertig

Activity: 361

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 08:51:04 PM

I made a withdrawal of 10 BTC from Gox today and they went through within an hour. A bit slower than usual, but all went like a charm.

justusranvier
Legendary

Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 09:06:07 PM

Why can those failed withdrawals get mined again? If the coins have been created once, how can they be created again?
This is about transactions, not newly mined coins.

One a transaction has been signed, it's valid as long as no conflicting transactions get added to the blockchain first. Once it's been broadcast to the network it could potentially be added to the blockchain at any time.

If a signed transaction is broadcast but not immediately added to the blockchain by miners, the only way to make sure that it doesn't go through later on is to send those same inputs back to yourself and make sure the second transaction does.
Cablez
Legendary

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 09:39:59 PM

I am coming up on 24hrs with no BTC delivered from Gox yet.  Sheesh what a pain.

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: