Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:19:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crime funded by bitcoin  (Read 8341 times)
Latviand

Activity: 1540
Merit: 219

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 11:52:36 AM

Since Bitcoin was ever released, I've thought of the possibility of this. Will crimes be easily funded now due to bitcoin and it's anonymity? How do you think the authorities will combat this? Will this lead to a decline in the price of bitcoin? I've had this on my mind for a while now and I would like to hear your guys opinions.

It'll definitely be easier for criminals to do their dark deeds because of how easy it is to get bitcoins and how easy it is to use bitcoins. With its anonymity, they'll get away with most crimes including money laundering. Bitcoins have become dark due to criminals.
Well, its sad so say that it is true. Bitcoin is use for crime activities by bad people.actually the common case is called scamming. This activities steal money to others in illegal way. But in the worst case bitcoin sometimes used in killing people, hired a killer. Maybe you know what i said if you heard about the deepweb.
goaldigger

Activity: 2366
Merit: 356

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 12:05:13 PM

Funding illegal things is way easier with bitcoins. There are no involve fiat or bank transactions to trace, only with blockchains with private keys. I didnt say it isnt traceable by law but id say its a lot way harder to locate that any form of funding. Just keep in mind also that your wallet that will be used in cashing out fiat stores history of your transactions.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
golem999

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 12:28:05 PM

Bitcoin is not the problem and never has been the problem. Such thinking is simple minded and people who think this way are almost always certainly no ones. Crime can be funded without money did you know that ? Crime can be fueled by hatred .  Blaming bitcoin is like blaming the internet for pedophiles. Anything can be used for good or bad.
I agree with you, other currencies can be used for crimes in my opinion all depends on each of us such as how to rate
AndrewBrown

Activity: 251

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 08:13:41 PM

Bitcoin has nothing to do with people being in crime. Criminals will always find a way to carry out their illegal activities and they use bitcoin, or fiat no matter the kind of currency. You cannot blame bitcoin for the actions of people.
boy130

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 08:27:49 PM

Sorry to break this to you criminals, but Bitcoin isn't even close to anonymous. There is an unbroken history between all inputs and outputs spend and received across the blockchain. It doesn't matter how many mixing services or exchanges you dump into, there will always be a link between you and your funds. There are even data aggregation platforms that are literally trying to deconstruct the blockchain transaction history, and link wallets with their real world owners.

Over time, these efforts will become increasingly sophisticated and complete. Bitcoin isn't the anonymous system it was pegged to be, but that doesn't matter as it's still a generational leap over fiat.
maximkretov

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2018, 08:47:04 PM

Bitcoin and other digital currencies appear to be perfectly adapted for use by organized criminal groups, given that they are quite widely used and provide the necessary level of anonymity.
However, a study conducted by experts of the European Commission on financing options used by organized criminal groups and terrorist groups claims that technological barriers associated with the use of bitcoin and other digital currencies still impede the possibility of wide spread of cryptocurrencies.
boddy.dy

Activity: 252
Merit: 17

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 04:10:53 AM

I strongly disagree with this that crime is funded by bitcoin. Maybe this is a miss understanding, maybe this is the way around “crime were funded by the use of bitcoin”. We all know that some people are using bitcoin as a way of payment to their illegal transactions like buying prohibited drug, purchasing in black market. Maybe this is why some people think that bitcoin it selves are doing the crime. This must be very clear to each and every one that bitcoin is just been use or just a tool that criminals use and this is not the one who are doing the crime.
tarumijo7

Activity: 40

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 04:17:38 AM

Come on your saying before bitcoin there was no crime exists or you mean to say because of bitcoin crime started meaningless.
So we can't rely on that reviews the increase or decrease in the value of bitcoin.
fndsr

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 04:19:22 AM

Since Bitcoin was ever released, I've thought of the possibility of this. Will crimes be easily funded now due to bitcoin and it's anonymity? How do you think the authorities will combat this? Will this lead to a decline in the price of bitcoin? I've had this on my mind for a while now and I would like to hear your guys opinions.
it is true your opinion because bitcoin can be accessed by anyone and anywhere so bitcoin is very vulnerable to crime or fund crime and that is one bad side of bitcoin, so go back to the investors the purpose and what desire they are investing with bitcoin

▄▄▄
               ▄▄███████▄▄
           ▄▄████▀▀   ▀▀████▄▄
       ▄▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄▄
   ▄▄████▀▀    ██       ██    ▀▀████▄▄
▄████▀▀        ███     ███        ▀▀████▄
███             ███   ███             ███
 ███             ███ ███             ███
  ███             █████             ███
   ███            ▐███▌            ███
    ███         ▄▄██▀██▄▄         ███
     ███      ▄████   ████▄      ███