Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 08:47:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is forbidden for Muslims  (Read 1211 times)
yepaiyique2

Activity: 126
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:18:49 PM

The anonymity of BTC can lead to tax evasion, money laundering and terrorist financing. A lot of al qaeda terrorist groups do some trading through digital encrypted money!

The Muslim ban on digital cryptographic currency has drawn a line with these terrorist groups!
upyem2k

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 08:36:37 PM

That cannot be true. If you talk of uncertainty, uncertainty is in every transaction you go into especially when it comes to international trade. You cannot be certain of what the value of foreign currency might be when you leave your country to buy something in another country.
hrz

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 08:49:43 PM

as long as there is no gambling element, no one is persecuted on the one hand and there is no fraud then the trade is no element of haram, if there is one of them then the law is haram.
liseff3

Activity: 532
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 10:03:38 PM

Under current regulations or what they call 'fatwa', even though bitcoin is considered the currency of the future and part of technological development, bitcoin cannot be separated from one of the elements that can make it forbidden to use. The element is uncertainty. Bitcoin is considered to have this element because the price is so volatile that people like gambling when buying and selling bitcoins, and gambling was forbidden for muslims. how do you think about this?

I strongly disagree with this opinion.

I'm a Muslim woman, as far as I am aware that bitcoin is forbidden for Muslims not on the element of uncertainty, but how their schemes in getting it, whether by stealing, gambling, betting, and other forbidden things.  If the element of uncertainty too exaggerated, I think the impact will be widespread, I take one example:
"Every pregnant woman to give birth to the average age of babies it contains is 9 months but the fact there is a childbirth when the new pregnancy 6,7,8 even 12 months, is this forbidden? ..., is this said to be gambling ?... " that's just my opinion.
norachuks

Activity: 331
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 10:23:34 PM

bitcoin is not like gambling. in the world of business you lose and you gain.Muslims they forbid a lot of things so i won't be surprise if the forbid bitcoin.

YouSeeMe  - Bartcoin - Bartwallet
⚪ Infinite Possibilities ⚪
Pre-sale on Feb, 18
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1351

Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 10:47:38 PM

How can it be forbidden for Muslims if the UAE is a Muslim country and cryptocurrencies aren't forbidden there? On the contrary, they've launched a new exchange in January.
http://www.arabianbusiness.com/banking-finance/387598-new-uae-based-cryptocurrency-exchange-launched
Also, like others have said, investing is not gambling. Gambling is a pure game of chance, where you can only win or lose, there's no middle ground. They won't say: sorry you lost 5% of your money Cheesy Investment can end up costing you or not, depending on how the asset is performing.
I heard that in Turkey cryptocurrencies are forbidden, but those guys can't even explain why. All they are saying is that it's not compatible with Islam. AFAIK Islam isn't even compatible with itself since radicals are calling other Muslims infidels and murdering them.
I think you should do the proper research first. You don't know what you're talking about OP.

in a country, of course, there are a number of people with various religions living within it. Similarly, the UAE, in which there are Muslims, Christians, and Jews, so the decisions issued by the government are general. Meanwhile, I'm not saying that bitcoin is forbidden in Muslim countries but only Muslims. The prohibition I am referring to is not from the government but from the Muslim holy book studied by the experts and made the conclusion. Muslims who follow can be said to obey the rules of Islam and otherwise. I think you're the one who doesn't know what you're talking.

Ok, so show me verses that prohibit the use of cryptocurrencies and I will change my mind. That's unless you don't know your own religion and don't have your own will, but instead need to rely on other people's interpretations, watch them and do as they tell you.
And please don't say that it's because they are comparing trading to gambling because last time I checked stock exchanges were functioning in Muslim countries. The fact that some crazy Imam doesn't know what trading is and compares it to gambling doesn't change the rules of Islam just as it doesn't change the definition of trading.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
zarados (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 130

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 12:03:50 PM

How can it be forbidden for Muslims if the UAE is a Muslim country and cryptocurrencies aren't forbidden there? On the contrary, they've launched a new exchange in January.
http://www.arabianbusiness.com/banking-finance/387598-new-uae-based-cryptocurrency-exchange-launched
Also, like others have said, investing is not gambling. Gambling is a pure game of chance, where you can only win or lose, there's no middle ground. They won't say: sorry you lost 5% of your money Cheesy Investment can end up costing you or not, depending on how the asset is performing.
I heard that in Turkey cryptocurrencies are forbidden, but those guys can't even explain why. All they are saying is that it's not compatible with Islam. AFAIK Islam isn't even compatible with itself since radicals are calling other Muslims infidels and murdering them.
I think you should do the proper research first. You don't know what you're talking about OP.

in a country, of course, there are a number of people with various religions living within it. Similarly, the UAE, in which there are Muslims, Christians, and Jews, so the decisions issued by the government are general. Meanwhile, I'm not saying that bitcoin is forbidden in Muslim countries but only Muslims. The prohibition I am referring to is not from the government but from the Muslim holy book studied by the experts and made the conclusion. Muslims who follow can be said to obey the rules of Islam and otherwise. I think you're the one who doesn't know what you're talking.

Ok, so show me verses that prohibit the use of cryptocurrencies and I will change my mind. That's unless you don't know your own religion and don't have your own will, but instead need to rely on other people's interpretations, watch them and do as they tell you.
And please don't say that it's because they are comparing trading to gambling because last time I checked stock exchanges were functioning in Muslim countries. The fact that some crazy Imam doesn't know what trading is and compares it to gambling doesn't change the rules of Islam just as it doesn't change the definition of trading.

all things that contain elements of deception, harm to others, and uncertainty, are not allowed by the religion of Islam. Well, this is a ban concluded by the predecessors of Islam to follow. If Muslims follow, they are called obedient to the ban, and if not then they are called Muslims who do not obey the ban. Simple isn't it? Of course, you understand this if you are a religious person. There are some people who are obedient to his religion, some are not.
jayco25

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 12:13:47 PM

This is my first time to read that Bitcoin is forbidden for muslims. I dont know the rules and regulation of muslim but if this is true lets support them since they have their own belief. This will not affect the good relations of muslims and other religion.

#Datarius
kuncimobil

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 12:25:16 PM

I think, bitcoin is different from gambling because here I do is investment and in investment of course there is a risk with the value of up and down like other investments so bitcoin I think is not a problem for Muslims
zakirazak

Activity: 287

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 02:41:46 PM

Under current regulations or what they call 'fatwa', even though bitcoin is considered the currency of the future and part of technological development, bitcoin cannot be separated from one of the elements that can make it forbidden to use. The element is uncertainty. Bitcoin is considered to have this element because the price is so volatile that people like gambling when buying and selling bitcoins, and gambling was forbidden for muslims. how do you think about this?

for Muslims, it depends on the intention and conduct of conducting BTC-related activities,
gambling and riba is clear on the guidelines where you can find these references from scholars
so that you are clear of the boundaries falling into terms of riba and gambling.
taking a reading from internet without a good understanding it just damages your way of thinking.

to me,
the BTC for trading purposes
should be treated as it is required
by Islamic investor prinsip to invest without involving leverage,
However boundary and nature towards gambling way
is always waiting on the side of your
but you control it and it is up to the way you think.

and fatwa
is issued in general to all muslim,
to keep integrity so that individuals do not make mistakes
and alert them of the dangers and risks of being stuck with usury and gambling,
as well as to ensure that people are using the BTC in the correct.
but for those who dare to risk
then you are free to doing what u want it like darkpool or something else like it.

bit-freedom

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 03:02:22 PM

I understand that Islamic finance law is slightly different from the normal law. There are law about disallowing interests bearing saving and investing.

This is an interesting topic to learn about and I would like to hear from our Muslim Member here.
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 03:05:09 PM

well islam as a religion that also fights poverty has to consider the muslims in the poor region that cant pay their electicity bill which they need to use the internet. to educate their children.

thats just one example another one is the need of electricity for the production of goods.

bitcoin is only wasting electricity and enriches its small core. which is usually living in rich countries.

that fatwa has its legitimacy.

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3024
Merit: 601

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 03:08:25 PM

I understand that Islamic finance law is slightly different from the normal law. There are law about disallowing interests bearing saving and investing.

This is an interesting topic to learn about and I would like to hear from our Muslim Member here.
It's interesting to know what are the Islamic finance law as I thought Islam's law does cover only the belief, way of living and with finance it will be normal and the same to other religions. Muslims are really following their holy book so if there's a reference that will point out that bitcoin must be forbidden, they have to obey. But as zarados said some are religious but aren't obedient.

rachelia13

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 03:13:44 PM

I think bitcoin is not gambling like Muslims people think, bitcoin is investments where people expect to get profit from bitcoin investments with trading by take the difference between the purchase price and the selling price, just like forex trading, stocks and others. If bitcoin considered like that, it's means stocks, forex and other is also gambling too, right? This is may be just the thought from a group of people who don't know well about bitcoin.
ggameon

Activity: 201

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 03:21:26 PM

1- What is wrong with people coming up with this bullshit
2- muslims are not one group of people adhering to the same rules, there are 1000's of mulims groups, there is no central person or group making these decisions "fatwa"lol
3- mohammad didn't know about bitcoin if he did he would probably own a big chunk lol

Anyway very disturbing people around in this forum lol
suryapro

Activity: 854
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 03:25:32 PM

in my opinion, the bitcoin itself has no gambling element .. if someone says bitcoin as gambling from which side is considered a gambling? and for me that is prohibited or not allowed to join gambling-related projects, because Muslims strongly forbid us to spread and invite people to gamble

stobox 
DIGITAL ASSETS ECOSYSTEM
◉ ───────  Website ⬝  WhitepaperTwitterFacebookTelegramLinkedin  ─────── ◉
olyolali

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 03:31:45 PM

for the umpteenth time I heard this
actually bitcoin is not forbidden for muslim i am also muslim but i play it all it depends how bitcoin source we follow if system fortune hence is forbidden because gambling system
but if the job system then it is not prohibited because we paid for our effort
bdbabiak77

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 03:47:44 PM

And who gives a crap what Muslims think? There're a lot of weird cults and crazy people out there who think all kinds of things - who cares? As long as they're not hurting anyone, they can think whatever they want...
poli.isk

Activity: 90

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 03:58:16 PM

Is it serious? that faith is strange. and then there's this. although this is expected of them, it is the first faith that openly asks for people to be killed for Allah's sake. God forgive me!
bidadari22_

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 04:01:18 PM

Many opinions on this, whether bitcoin is forbidden or not for a Muslim, but I think that says haram because they think if bitcoin is gambling. I am a Muslim, and I earn money from bitcoin not by gambling so I think the legitimate bitcoin is legitimate only in getting and in use for the good.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: