Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 03:24:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is forbidden for Muslims  (Read 1192 times)
zarados (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 130

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 12:59:46 PM

Under current regulations or what they call 'fatwa', even though bitcoin is considered the currency of the future and part of technological development, bitcoin cannot be separated from one of the elements that can make it forbidden to use. The element is uncertainty. Bitcoin is considered to have this element because the price is so volatile that people like gambling when buying and selling bitcoins, and gambling was forbidden for muslims. how do you think about this?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
belford11

Activity: 67
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 01:03:08 PM

Under current regulations or what they call 'fatwa', even though bitcoin is considered the currency of the future and part of technological development, bitcoin cannot be separated from one of the elements that can make it forbidden to use. The element is uncertainty. Bitcoin is considered to have this element because the price is so volatile that people like gambling when buying and selling bitcoins, and gambling was forbidden for muslims. how do you think about this?

then that bitcoin has a tendency of uncertainty that I will agree!
alfs75

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

platform for everyday business

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 01:17:18 PM

Actually i dont believe,that this bitcoins is forbidden to our brothers muslim to participate this kind of cryptocurrency investment,because as far as i know ,that many of asian country,that mostly 90%  living,there religion is muslim or islam but they join this kind of trading investment,even in the country of india mostly 3/4 of there population is muslim,but they still participating in doing bitcoin,because like us they also want to pursue and achieve there dreams  by the help of digital currency system.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
freesia_pnp888

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:30:37 PM

well, this is the first time ever i heard this!  Huh Huh Huh but if it doesn't do any good, then banning is understandable
mahilchii

Activity: 560
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:37:57 PM

Nope. Bitcoin is not like gambling, if you say it is then share market is also a kind of gambling which even the muslim people and countries take part. There is thing in the world which is standard and everything moves up and down like gold price, petrol price and currencies of different countries, we cannot call all these elements as gambling. So, Bitcoin is also obviously not a gambling.

YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:39:53 PM

Actually i dont believe,that this bitcoins is forbidden to our brothers muslim to participate this kind of cryptocurrency investment,because as far as i know ,that many of asian country,that mostly 90%  living,there religion is muslim or islam but they join this kind of trading investment,even in the country of india mostly 3/4 of there population is muslim,but they still participating in doing bitcoin,because like us they also want to pursue and achieve there dreams  by the help of digital currency system.

This post really explains A lot, I really think there are no religion that are forbidden to use such technology and bitcoin itself like you have said I have known many muslim friends that are really engaging and some wants to really learn how to earn in bitcoin, And I think bitcoin is a gap mender between other religions and as long as you are not doing the wrong thing and not because of the traditions involve in a religion I really think it is not really forbidden.
warning_btc

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:42:21 PM

It forbidden for now but its temporary i think, its researched and can be changed

Lehbane

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:48:11 PM

As you know Fiat also is a form of currency that can be used in gambling, then why our Dear Muslim's brothers and sisters use it? Money can be used for their daily basis, as for the Bitcoin as long as they don't use it for such purpose then they are permitted to do so.

Religious belief pertains gambling as betting unto something or waging things in order to have some money and mostly relying on one's luck (it involve the fun and pleasure of winning), as we compare it to Bitcoin, it is more taking risks in business to earn.
Indra32

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:51:28 PM

in my opinion it's only the opinion of people who are less so understand and look for alibi only. i think everyone is entitled to bitcoin
emuLOADs_temp

Activity: 11
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:55:55 PM

anybody ignorant enough to be religious has no place in the future, so good riddance. Even those most fundamentalist will come around once the system becomes mainstream (if it ever does).
tonylewisverdu

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:57:58 PM

i dont think so.. i have a lot of friends that are muslim who is having bitcoin and also doing trading.. so i doubt its forbidden to their religion
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4453

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:01:17 PM
Merited by actmyname (1)

the commodities market gamble the price of wheat.... yet muslims have bread
driving a car is a gamble of having an accident.. yet muslims drive cars
forex trading is the same gamble. yet muslims use money
having sex is a pregnancy gamble. but muslims try the 'pull out' method alot

unless your stood at a poker table shouting all my sats on red
unless your a day trader
its not a true 'gambling' scenario

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
clonely

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

SEND AND RECEIVE MONEY INSTANTLY

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:09:52 PM

I do not know which countries or countries prohibit crypto money trade. But to be a ban on Muslims, there must be a state called Islam! There is no such state. So if there is a ban, it is a state that is not a Muslim. Muslims can comment on the clerics, the provisions not included in the Qur'an, but they can not make a dominant act in applying it. So they can declare ideas, but a ban is not in their authority. I live in Turkey and we are living in a Muslim country. Although there is no legal obligation for crypto money trading in my country, although it is not seen as suitable by some clergy.

Maybe you know, I'll still do it for those who do not. Islam is not a solid way of life. What you are referring to as Fatwa are interpretations made by the clergy. For this reason they are not rules. When Fatwa is given, Muslims do not have to obey it. It is not certain that it is true. It is only the opinion of a fatwa. For this reason, do not worry about fatwa. It's not a bad thing, it could be the answer to a question asked to a Muslim cleric.

daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:19:26 PM

Do not worry about the "fatwa" from one of the Muslim organizations that say bitcoin is haram. The fatwa is made by humans while we are holy Al-Qur'an does not prohibit a trade during trading that is done does not harm either party either buyer or seller. Then with that, as Muslims in bitcoin, we just do trade and do not do gambling with bitcoin.
gogrowglow

Activity: 308
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:19:51 PM

Why?  I think it is  not fair because they are also people of this earth and they have the right to join in anything that will benefit them.  Like all of us they want also to be updated in things that will give them a good life.  Cryptocurrency (Bitcoin) is for all who wants it and take part in it.    
Direwolve735

Activity: 448
Merit: 232

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:25:03 PM

As far as I know, this prohibition applies only to Egypt. Fatwa is a legal position on some issue formulated by representatives of the Muslim clergy. It has no legal power, but it has influence among believers. This ban was argued by the fact that side by side with bitcoin are fraud, deception and ignorance. As the Chief Mufti of Egypt noted, risks associated with the use of bitcoin may arise, since this virtual currency is not under the supervision of any centralized authority.
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:39:33 PM

Completely comparing bitcoin to gambling is an outright restriction to the use of bitcoin and also insulting the intelligence of those who feels that bitcoin is the currency of the future. Also, if you are going to rely on that, I have not seen a Christian leader by default or by virtue of interpretation of the Holy Book exhort the art of gambling and by so, you should say bitcoin should not be used at all and the same goes for other religions on the world.

Its simple, most times the terms used by the Holy Books are mostly subjected to interpretation based on the different ways we see life which is even influenced by our culture, parents, society, friends and colleagues which means even though we practiced the same religion, we have different tolerance levels for certain things. In short what you use bitcoin for would determine whether its acceptable in your religion or not.
worldinvestico

Activity: 52

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:41:42 PM

It's my first time hearing about the fact, that cryptocurrency can be against any religion. Let's listen to the Muslim audience here
Ejanend

Activity: 460
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 07:01:01 PM

their are big difference between trade and Gambling. Trade which depend on supply and demand and in trade when any one expert in trade who can control their profit and loss and in gambling it depend just on luck gambling is a bad habit in which people can loss all their properties. In religious ISLAM  trade is not forbidden Gambling is forbidden.  i think you need more research about bitcoin we cannot match volatility of price and  gambling with each other.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
Rubesmatic

Activity: 27

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 07:36:12 PM

I always find it odd that the muslims outlaw investing in BTC but say heaven awaits those who engage in jihad...What is causing more harm?  Jihad or BTC?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  All
  Print  

Jump to: