Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:53:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain E3 Ethash Miner ASIC (Batch 1 - Shipping:16-31 July. $800 USD)  (Read 16368 times)
LovellaSai

Activity: 89
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 09:02:04 PM

The price is decent enough but the main problem is the delivery time.
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
redshiftexpensive

Activity: 69

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 11:09:42 PM

How good is the power efficiency as that is something very important to know.
floppydisk

Activity: 92
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:31:14 AM

Inside must be GPU chips or one of the RX cards equitable, several of them packed into this.
pubmongrelT

Activity: 64

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 05:41:25 PM

There is no resale value and that is what makes it more interesting.
madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 05:44:20 PM

Why is there no resale value?

junkieforcoinzzzz

Activity: 12

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 02:36:02 AM

Why is there no resale value?

He doesnt know, he is just parroting what others have said without any information either.  The only thing they can maybe base that off is ETH eventually going POS..if and when.. Also he wants to buy one and wont pay 2k for it.

equestrianbucking

Activity: 81

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 09:38:35 PM

These estimates are very conservative and there are chances of them being worse on the power.
HashZilla

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 03:05:53 AM

Delivery time is 50% of the warranty period.

Current payback period is 50% longer than the warranty.

You risk your money on the performance, the future returns and the likelihood it will live long enough to break even.
greyday

Activity: 434
Merit: 52

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 08:59:19 AM

You risk your money on the performance, the future returns and the likelihood it will live long enough to break even.

At the original asking price it was worth it, but honestly at the current price a GPU rig makes more sense to me (and is more energy efficient)...
Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 03:46:44 AM

What is the latest news on ETH going POS?  This first batch was very affordable, but it is a race against time.
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 05:16:59 AM

What is the latest news on ETH going POS?  This first batch was very affordable, but it is a race against time.
diff up 5% this month and u still have all of may june and july to wait, by the time
these arrive i think eth might be the least profitable thing to mine especially if zcash doesn’t fork ,
even if it does fork thats still better to have gpus so u can switch algos
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 07:55:58 AM

POS is far away.

They basically posted the first batch of the Casper code and will be doing testing first. After the testing it will go live in the testnet network of ETH. I imagine that there will be tons of bugs that will need to be fixed first which will probably at least take a year.

Then it will go hybrid POS and then maybe a year later go full POS.

I would worry more about the ETH price and difficulty before POS launch date.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
NoIdeaAsWell

Activity: 47
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 01:12:41 AM

1. Hashing algorithm: Ethash

Power consumption: 800W

Hashrate: 180MH/s

These are the conservative estimates. We expect the miners to deliver higher performance and efficiency when they are ready to ship.

1. Specifications and other information of the Antminer Z9 mini are as mentioned below.

Hashing algorithm: Equihash

Power consumption: 300W

Hashrate: 10k Sol/s ± 5%

These are the conservative estimates. We expect the miners to deliver higher performance and efficiency when they are ready to ship.

The z9 is the MINI version of this miner.. where as the E3 looks like its definitely 2 antminers in one...

My concern is why the hell does this MINI far out preform the e3 ?  Surely this e3 should be at least double the hashrate when released and less power usage ? 
inv1s1bl3

Activity: 65

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 05:06:07 PM

Would it be better to buy the ethash or the equihash asic miner? Are ethereum talking about switching their algorithm to something else due to the asic miners? I was not able to find any such information.
Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 09:34:34 PM

Both the E3 and Z9 are big gambles.  There may not be enough time with either miner to even get the ROI.  Right now coins on equihash are talking fork.  So it makes the miner questionable at the moment.  If they don't fork GPU miners will start to leave in droves looking for a place to park their hash and the likely place is ethhash coins.  So up goes diff and down goes your chance of getting an ROI on the E3.

So I would only risk funds you are willing to write off at this point as a loss because the risk is pretty high.  Everything is in the air as the devs decide if they are going to fork or not. 
BenRickert

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 04:17:48 PM

Both the E3 and Z9 are big gambles.  There may not be enough time with either miner to even get the ROI.  Right now coins on equihash are talking fork.  So it makes the miner questionable at the moment.  If they don't fork GPU miners will start to leave in droves looking for a place to park their hash and the likely place is ethhash coins.  So up goes diff and down goes your chance of getting an ROI on the E3.

So I would only risk funds you are willing to write off at this point as a loss because the risk is pretty high.  Everything is in the air as the devs decide if they are going to fork or not. 
There's not going to be any forks. All you folks spreading that need to read this article;

https://blog.sia.tech/the-state-of-cryptocurrency-mining-538004a37f9b

If you don't read this in it's entirety, you'll never understand the ineffectiveness of forking Coins, to combat ASIC. It DOESN'T WORK. I'm sorry to break it to you, but GPU mining  is dying and will be dead. I'm not happy about that, but it is the reality.

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
greyday

Activity: 434
Merit: 52

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 10:23:37 AM

There's not going to be any forks. All you folks spreading that need to read this article;

If you don't read this in it's entirety, you'll never understand the ineffectiveness of forking Coins, to combat ASIC. It DOESN'T WORK. I'm sorry to break it to you, but GPU mining  is dying and will be dead. I'm not happy about that, but it is the reality.

Not saying anything about the E3 or Z9, but it worked pretty well for Monero.
BenRickert

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 12:44:00 PM

For now. That's the point of the article. You really should read it. It's the most accurate and honest article ever written about mining to date. The Author is a Sia Dev. Hardware is infinitely more flexible than Software in these coins. The Hardware manufacturers can adjust their specs to circumvent these forks fairly quickly. They can't just "keep forking". The "Monero Story" isn't over yet.

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 03:40:27 AM

For now. That's the point of the article. You really should read it. It's the most accurate and honest article ever written about mining to date. The Author is a Sia Dev. Hardware is infinitely more flexible than Software in these coins. The Hardware manufacturers can adjust their specs to circumvent these forks fairly quickly. They can't just "keep forking". The "Monero Story" isn't over yet.

Agree with that. 

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
Xanotick

Activity: 68

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 02:27:03 PM

Will the warranty start from the delivery date?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: