Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:46:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain E3 Ethash Miner ASIC (Batch 1 - Shipping:16-31 July. $800 USD)  (Read 16368 times)
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:42:35 PM

While the efficiency is not to good, the price somewhat makes it a potentially attractive investment. At the current cost of GPUs today you couldn't compare buying a 1070 at $600 that does around 31 MH to this ASIC that costs $800 but does 6 times more hashrate at 180 MH.

It makes the rich who moved mining operations to low-cost electricity areas even richer. The only downside is the 3 month delivery time. That is a long time in crypto and a lot could already happen by then. Makes it too much of a gamble for me.

First of all it is sold out (in few minutes I guess), conclusion: a few number of a cheap multi gpu rig have been pre-sold for 3 months later (fully paid already)

A 18x gpu rig can do the job with even less power consumption and its actual price is not far more than 3 of this Bitmain shit, the multi gpu mb can reduce the overhead of the parts and a smart miner can assemble such a rig with current prices around $5000.

The Bitmain's new shit will cost around $1150  each (shipping + psu) so it is $3500 for 3 pieces.

So, the whole deal is about 30% discount in return for 3 months payment in advance, nothing more, the poor buyer will loose algorithm switching and any other reusability option at the same time.

Bitmain is playing one of its dirtiest games ever: it is dumping the gpu market by a moderately underpriced rig in the name of ASICs (or at least not officially denying it to be ASIC) and this way escalating hype about its unlimited power to crack every gpu based algo (most importantly ethash)

It is just a way to bring down the gpu market and causing a decrease in gpu order and manufacturing pace, to release more capacities  for its own wafer hungry orders to manufacturers and suppliers (in Hong Kong and Taiwan) besides making an opportunity to buy used gpus (to be installed in its fake ASIC ethash miner), which will be dumped to the market because of the hype. It is Bitmain's way to enter the pre-built ethereum mining rigs market. Jihan is the cheapest human being ever, he always does what he is used to: messing up everything blindly and irresponsibly.

If Satoshi was not so naive to choose an algorithm with a small memory footprint like ShA256 or s/he was not that paranoid or irresponsible to leave the community alone in the hands of a bunch of show-off developers who couldn't just be a bit humble and tolerant to converge, this AsIC shit wouldn't happen at all or would be responded by a simple algorithm shift from the first beginning.

Instead look at us now, we have to deal with a monster who 'proudly announces' that he has managed to crack another algorithm, and even worse, he fakes it!

Damn it Satoshi, what did you think?  Grin

But don't worry, we will fix this  Wink , takes time but, this piece of shit is nothing more than a little greedy Chinese whose identity and behavioral pattern is disclosed and disposed to the community.

great post

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
VoskCoin

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 06:46:31 PM

Here's my take on the subject if anyone's interested
https://youtu.be/zOH2GokVx6o

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
B1tUnl0ck3r

Activity: 854
Merit: 277

liife threw a tempest at you? be a coconut !

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:55:20 PM

I`m not buying anything from those fuckers. Horrible shipping dates, short warranty, half the world away, third world country produces them (yes, China is still a third world country to me, all things considered)... No thanks. When those heaters become available at my computer store with a regular warranty, why not. Until then.. mmmhhmmm

edit: just checked the profitability and this box is making about 85$ profit per month, with electricity at 0.13$/kwh and current price. Way too shabby.
I agree I was looking at buying a s9 but after thinking about how bitmain runs their business using people's miners for months before shipping just long enough for them to profit mining with it than shipping I think it's about time that the crypto community stands up and say enough they've killed mining the coins they release asic for for the average person not to mention bitmain probably could shut down your miner or switch pools if they wanted to they probably also no every location of every one of those miners they sell

it's not bitmain who killed pow, it's just that no other nation has the necessary condition to compete with bitmain, remember there were a lot of western asic producers, most were so disgusting compared to bitmain... so they all died, or deliver in such small quantities that they are irrelevant to the global hash... do you know why your electricity rate is so high? ahahah... they need luxury and they want you to pay for it, as they have for centuries and generations... but when they set their eyes on looting and raping china a few hundred years ago, I am certain, that they believed they could win easily... how wrong they have been proven... and you see no friends of david rockfeller has been executed before a wall... look at what clinton did as secretary of state... in china she would have been executed asap and a lot of her team... in usa? they get pensions... what else to say?

Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

*when that weed hits you a little too strong*

in denial you are... don't worry, look, who is still standing ?

List of Bitcoin mining ASICs
Contents

1 ASIC development projects
        1.1 21
        1.2 ASICMiner
        1.3 ASICrising GmbH
        1.4 Avalon Project
        1.5 BIOSTAR Group
        1.6 BitDragonfly
        1.7 BitFury Group
        1.8 Bitmain Technologies Ltd.
        1.9 Black Arrow
        1.10 Btc-Digger
        1.11 BTCGARDEN
        1.12 Butterfly Labs, Inc.
        1.13 Clam Ltd
        1.14 CoinTerra, Inc.
        1.15 DigBig
        1.16 Ebang
        1.17 Gridchip
        1.18 Gridseed
        1.19 HashFast Technologies, LLC
        1.20 iCoinTech
        1.21 Innosilicon
        1.22 KnCMiner Sweden AB
        1.23 Land Asic
        1.24 LK Group
        1.25 MegaBigPower
        1.26 SFARDS
        1.27 Spondoolies-Tech LTD
        1.28 TMR
    2 Canceled projects
        2.1 bASIC
        2.2 BTCMinerz
        2.3 DeepBit
        2.4 helveticoin
        2.5 LargeCoin
        2.6 Marchenko Ltd
        2.7 Novello Technologies
        2.8 OpenBitASIC
        2.9 papa moi
        2.10 Xcrowd
    3 Questionable projects
    4 References

and why? I am just attempting an answer and saying that it is the fault and responsability of the men and women who worked for david rockfeller and his gang. that's it. I don't how an altered state of consciousness could influence the answer to this simple question: why did the "west" asic industry died?

If you have a better explanation, I am open to it.

DAVID ROCKEFELLER THANKS MEDIA FOR ITS SILENCE
-- David Rockefeller, Speaking at the June, 1991 Bilderberger meeting in Baden, Germany (a meeting also attended by then-Governor Bill Clinton and by Dan Quayle--

"We are grateful to the Washington Post, The New York Times, Time
Magazine and other great publications whose directors have attended
our meetings and respected their promises of discretion for almost
forty years."

"It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world
if we had been subjected to the lights of publicity during those years.
But, the world is now more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a
world government. The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite
and world bankers is surely preferable to the national
auto-determination practiced in past centuries."

by: David Rockefeller (1915- ) Internationalist billionaire, CFR kingpin, founder of the Trilateralist Commission, World Order Godfather
Date: June 1991 Baden, Germany
Source: Bilderberger Meeting, Baden, Germany

cheers, he is down.

When the people of the world will get that covid was intentionally released to frame china, steal the election from trump, assure massive bail outs and foster the forced vaccination agendas...they will forget, like 911, wmds in irak, uss liberty or pedogate.
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 07:07:54 PM

https://whattomine.com/coins/151-eth-ethash?utf8=%E2%9C%93&hr=180&p=800.0&fee=2.0&cost=0.1&hcost=800.0&commit=Calculate

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 07:10:22 PM

Horrible ROI for a miner thats months away from release.

180 mh/s is barely 170$ a month. By the time they release it if prices dont go up that miner will be worthless. But yeah GPU mining is dead thats the cost of 2 rx 580

The thing is everyone is comparing it to the current (highly inflated) price of GPUs. If it wasn't for the run-up in GPU prices because something like this wasn't available last year those RX580's would probably be going for $150 each by now, so this would actually be more like the cost of 5 of them.

Sure you have the mobo and other stuff to add to the price, but then again that GPU based rig is more flexible in that it can mine other alogs, including new ones that may come out. Also, as others have pointed out, the GPU rig can be parted out and resold if need be, whereas the ASIC is just a paperweight.

So long-term I think this is actually great news, as it isn't quite the GPU killer everyone had feared. It beats out GPU rigs on price alone, but as I stated only because GPU prices are so over inflated right now. Once the E3 hits the market GPU prices will come back down to normal and probably become bargains. At that point I expect you can put together a 6x RX580 rig for closer to $1,100 by then, so it will be a even match considering the GPU rig will have other uses and resale value so worth the extra $300.

so true.

Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 07:12:16 PM

So you pony up the money now, Bitmain will use the money to build these and run it for next three months. And send it you when its earns peanuts...

Wonder why they don't have stock already built and ready to ship?

Actually, their stock is up and running right now "testing" the units before shipping. Why do you think it is coincidence that they will be shipping out around the same time the profitability on them drops to where the ROI is almost non-existent. They been playing this game for some time and know what they are doing.

The people who order and pay for them 3 months in advance are using today's calculations on profitability. This is the same reason so many people are still buying overpriced GPU rigs, not realizing that the difficulty will keep going up and profits will keep going down.

Bitmain 1, foolish customers 0 once again.
  bitmain will be using the money to buy eth hehe and idiots will buy its asic miner hehe.

Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 07:17:31 PM

Yes, not only me think that they have an F3 with more hashrate

Exactly, only idiots think that is a real eth asic from bitmain, bitmain has a very powerful asic and is mining with them and bitmain will never confirm its existence. This official eth hash from bitmain is a trojan horse.

aliashraf
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1174

Always remember the cause!

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 07:20:33 PM
Merited by Marvell2 (5)

Appreciate your support, but isn't it better to send me a few  merits? Not sure what, but I suppose it has some meaning   Grin

ruplikminer

Activity: 504
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 07:27:34 PM

From my point of view these are not so bad. The price is "honest". The power is ok. The GPUs have the advantage to be able to mine a lot of other profitable algos. I made most of my profits out f Neoscrypt and other algos. I almost never mine ETH. There are other algos way more profitable than ETH.

BUT if I had a machine dedicated ONLY to ETH with a good price to power to cost ratio then I would probably use it. And I would keep my GPU to mine Neo, Xevan, X17, X16r, X16s and the others with VERY good profit.

From my point of view those are 2 different machines. GPUs and this ETH miner. Also, even if ETH will fork there will be MANY other ETH coins that will not.

Also, this machine will bring the price of the GPUs slightly down which is a GOOD thing. So all in all I see this new miner as a good thing.

The only usually shitty problem is that they will ship it only in July. This means that they will use it FOR GOOD and then ship it to the poor miners. But hey... wouldn't YOU do the same???

Marvell2

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 07:41:36 PM

Appreciate your support, but isn't it better to send me a few  merits? Not sure what, but I suppose it has some meaning   Grin

lol no one sends me any bro
Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 07:41:51 PM

From my point of view these are not so bad. The price is "honest". The power is ok. The GPUs have the advantage to be able to mine a lot of other profitable algos.

This might be gpus. The real asic is hidden with 10x more hashrate.

Gaglam

Activity: 390
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 07:43:26 PM

I really was hoping for the F3
Marvell2

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 07:43:50 PM

From my point of view these are not so bad. The price is "honest". The power is ok. The GPUs have the advantage to be able to mine a lot of other profitable algos. I made most of my profits out f Neoscrypt and other algos. I almost never mine ETH. There are other algos way more profitable than ETH.

BUT if I had a machine dedicated ONLY to ETH with a good price to power to cost ratio then I would probably use it. And I would keep my GPU to mine Neo, Xevan, X17, X16r, X16s and the others with VERY good profit.

From my point of view those are 2 different machines. GPUs and this ETH miner. Also, even if ETH will fork there will be MANY other ETH coins that will not.

Also, this machine will bring the price of the GPUs slightly down which is a GOOD thing. So all in all I see this new miner as a good thing.

The only usually shitty problem is that they will ship it only in July. This means that they will use it FOR GOOD and then ship it to the poor miners. But hey... wouldn't YOU do the same???

Its only a good miner if it ships in a week

wtf would i give them 1k or my fucking money so they can use up the little value the miner has in the next four months WTF are you idiots smoking ?

In four months the diff will be up another 30% at the least , these will have a 1 year ROI by that point, 1k invested in crypto now will be worth like tripple that
Smilee

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 07:46:46 PM

Exactly, only idiots think that is a real eth asic from bitmain, bitmain has a very powerful asic and is mining with them and bitmain will never confirm its existence. This official eth hash from bitmain is a trojan horse.

This^^^
Agreed all the way.....
B1tUnl0ck3r

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 08:02:50 PM

This^^^
Agreed all the way.....

or maybe those are the old versions that they used before getting the true asic... as you can see the diff of eth stalled recently, meaning they are maybe swaping those machines for now the real asics... who knows. One sure thing if hillary team and her american friends were working for bitmain, we would know  Tongue.

When the people of the world will get that covid was intentionally released to frame china, steal the election from trump, assure massive bail outs and foster the forced vaccination agendas...they will forget, like 911, wmds in irak, uss liberty or pedogate.
ThugB33

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 08:20:32 PM

Lay back ... great popcorn time Smiley Waiting to compile a good sale GPU rack to mine other algos. GUAHAHAHAH R.I.P ETH
sil2222

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 08:39:08 PM

Got Some Bitmain coupons for sale 4 $100 @ $25 each and 2 $200 @ $50 Pm if interested.
rdluffy
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1307

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 08:39:22 PM

Don't forget Guys, this is compared to 6x RX 580 or 6x GTX 1070

But Nvidia will soon have another GPUs on the market, probably more than 30% better than older versions

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 08:54:57 PM

Huh That's a 6xRX480 Rig... or a 6x1070 rig. Maybe worse on power efficiency... unless those estimates on hashrate are uber conservative. Price is good though.

Efficiency is very close but NO BETTER than a well-optimised Nvida GTX 1070 based 6 card rig, and a HAIR better than a 6-card RX 480/580 8GB based rig.

The ONLY thing this has going for it is PRICE (which IS killer for the hashrate).

It's interesting that it doesn't match up to the "claimed" specs for the "claimed F3" though or even close - this thing doesn't even match my PREDICTED stats from the current Philipma1957 thread....

The price point however makes sense - it's ballpark 1/3'd the price of a comparable GPU-based mining rig (even with no power supply included).

MegaBigPower on that "ASIC development" list shouldn't be there - they were a BitFury partner not an independent developer.
"Avalon Project" - shouldn't that be listed under Caanan instead?

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
B1tUnl0ck3r

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 09:00:36 PM

Huh That's a 6xRX480 Rig... or a 6x1070 rig. Maybe worse on power efficiency... unless those estimates on hashrate are uber conservative. Price is good though.

Efficiency is very close but NO BETTER than a well-optimised Nvida GTX 1070 based 6 card rig, and a HAIR better than a 6-card RX 480/580 8GB based rig.

The ONLY thing this has going for it is PRICE (which IS killer for the hashrate).

It's interesting that it doesn't match up to the "claimed" specs for the "claimed F3" though or even close - this thing doesn't even match my PREDICTED stats from the current Philipma1957 thread....

The price point however makes sense - it's ballpark 1/3'd the price of a comparable GPU-based mining rig (even with no power supply included).

MegaBigPower on that "ASIC development" list shouldn't be there - they were a BitFury partner not an independent developer.
"Avalon Project" - shouldn't that be listed under Caanan instead?

I agree with your comment on the E3... for the mbp, bf I have no idea, it was just to point that a lot of startup died in the west... I guess they weren't owned by the clinton and rockfeller friends and as such had to die and more generally the mindset made them weak.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: