Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:44:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will the bitcoin be outdated by another currency?  (Read 5691 times)
StarofBTC

Activity: 1148
Merit: 528

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 05:19:51 AM

It has been about 10 years since the creation of the bitcoin and we all know that it is the most popular and the most attractive cryptocurrency in terms of value which is why I highly doubt there will be any coin that can overcome it.
The way bitcoin is making such a good name in the international market by having such a higher demand rate and then because of which, some high market value as well, I don’t think so that there can be any other crypto coin which can even compete with the bitcoin in any way and that bitcoin will always be at the top of the list amongst all other crypto currencies. bitcoin will never be outdated no matter what.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BlueVelvet_

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 09:39:37 AM

Maybe in the far future. Technology is always advancing at a rapid pace so I won't be surprised if something better somehow emerges. As for now, I doubt it.
HaydenLogins

Activity: 31

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 12:23:50 PM

It all depends on what the devs do from here. They could upgrade everything so transactions are faster and cheaper or find that Bitcoin is best served as a store of value. The possibilities are endless. They won't just sit around and do nothing. So it’s impossible to be outdated. Bitcoin would still the king.
sicnarfwb

Activity: 116

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 01:27:49 PM

I think BITCOIN BTC cannot be outdated by another currency due to the fact that the most volatile in the cryptocurrency market is the BITCOIN because this coin is the most commonly used for their investment, selling, trading, etc.
Now a days BITCOIN BTC is the most talked about and trending topic for many businessman and any person who gain profit of this coin value. 
alroys

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 01:41:01 PM

Nothing will happen, although a lot of new digital currency is emerging. but Bitcoin will stay ahead, and Be the number one digital currency with the highest value. it has happened from the past, and it still runs until now, and will continue until later, that Bitcoin is the King of all digital currencies Cryptocurrency.
Rastafarian

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 02:25:16 PM

To me, I can only answer this by considering some perculiar benefits bitcoin offers and see if there can be additions. First of all, I will consider how secured and trhe simplicity of bitcoin. Most people would like to store the value of the currency every now and then. For security and simplicity, bitcoin is trusted as compared to the other altcoins. Most people also try to make some similarities between altcoins and bitcoins, which is really wrong to compare. Others also come out that the transaction fees of bitcoin is too high but they issue boils down to the fact that most people are into bitcoin more than the altcoins making demand very high.
Soots

Activity: 1050
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 02:43:28 PM

if in my opinion there will never be an expired bitcoin. because every year bitcoin users are more and more popular also from year to year
As of now I never notice new currency that has strong potential to compete nor defeat bitcoin status in the currency. I think it will never outdated and old it's always up to date and dancw with the trend. Because of its popularity bitcoin price my not be stable but it always make it to be the number one currency.
evader11

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 03:19:04 PM

I don't think that bitcoin will be outdated by another currency because it has very strong, powerful and poular nowadays so i don't really think it will be happens. A lot of people get benefits in using it so they will not agree on that and if they plan to do that then it will take a long time to be truly happens as of now i believe bitcoin will stay on what it's place.

lelylely

Activity: 588
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 03:43:51 PM

My answer to the principle is: NO

Bitcoin is money, the value of money is built on confidence, tradition and security, attributes that Bitcoin offers easily. The analogy between Bitcoin and social networks is completely incorrect, people think that Bitcoin is an myspace that will be replaced by facebook. It turns out that Bitcoin is money and not a social network, so this comparison is completely wrong.

Most of mankind's wealth resides in vaults for hundreds of years, so the circulating medium is derisory close to it. Why are we going to need fast, no-fee coins if we can use paper money and banks? Bitcoin's purpose is to be a safe asset, scarce and superior to gold. What is behind Bitcoin is the fact that no politician can steal you through taxes or inflation, there is nothing safer than Blockchain and Bitcoin. So far no technologically superior currency has emerged to Bitcoin to the point of provoking an abyss between technologies and will hardly emerge.

BUY BITCOIN TODAY AND ALWAYS.

I do not think there will be altcoin that can beat bitcoin, although there is altcoin that potentially grows larger, but I think it will not exceed bitcoin, altcoin will always be behind bitcoin.

shata

Activity: 547
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 03:44:57 PM

Bitcoin is going 9yrs old, so far no alts surpasses Bitcoin. For 9yrs it remains the king. While Bitcoin is going down, no alts remains strong. All alts are crashing too. This is the best indication that Bitcoin has no replacement.

True but remember, that was 9 years ago. The technology at that years and time are far different and more advance today. As what bitcoin's purpose of existence be an indicator to its price, together with its character of being the first in its kind and the market, it will always be the King of all Cryptocurrency. But we cannot dictate time and the future. Possibly an alternative coin has character, potential and more beneficial purpose to everyone, then reaching or being higher in bitcoins price is possible.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████████ ▀███████▄
▄█████████████   ▀██████▄
▄█████████ ▀████▄   ▀█████▄
██████████  ██████▄   █████
█████ ▀████▄ ▀██████▄ █████
█████   ▀████▄ ▀ ██████████
▀█████▄   ▀████▄ █████████▀
▀██████▄   █████████████▀
▀███████▄ ████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Emporium.
Finance
Decentralized Peer-to-Peer
Marketplace and DeFi
Liquidity Mining Platform
▄▄█▀▀██▀██▀▄▄
▄███▀██▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄   
 ▀          ▄█▀▄█▄    
▄▄▄▄▄        ▀   ▀██▄███▄
▄██████▄          ▄▄██████▄
███████▌       ▄███████████
█████████▄  ▀█▄████████████
███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀     ▀▀████▀
▀████████████▄        ██▀
▀████████████▌    ▄▄██▀
▀██████████▌  ▄███▀
▀▀██████ ▄█▀▀
Available
in +125
Countries
▄███▄
█████
▀███▀
▄▄▄     ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄
█████    ███████    █████
█████    ███████    █████
▄███▄               ▄███▄
███████     ███     ███████
███████ ██▄█████▄██ ███████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███▀ ▀███  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▄ ▄███
██▀█████▀██
███
Community
Governance
System
▄▄██████▄▄ ▄▀▄
      ▀▀▀ ▄██▄
          ▀██ ▄██▄       ▄█
        ▄██   ▀▀███▄   ▄███
       ▄██        ▀█▄   ███
      ▄██           ▀  ▄███
     ▄██        ▄▄     ▀███
    ▄██        ██▀      ███
   ▄██                ▄████
  ▄██         ▄█████████▄ █
  ▀▀      ▄▄▄█████ █▀  ████
      ▄▄██▀▀██▀  ███▄  ▄███
    ▄██████████████████████
Liquidity
Mining
Platform
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Sengoko

Activity: 491
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 07:58:31 AM

Bitcoin is money, the value of money is built on confidence, tradition and security, attributes that Bitcoin offers easily. The analogy between Bitcoin and social networks is completely incorrect, people think that Bitcoin is an myspace that will be replaced by facebook. It turns out that Bitcoin is money and not a social network, so this comparison is completely wrong.

Most of mankind's wealth resides in vaults for hundreds of years, so the circulating medium is derisory close to it. Why are we going to need fast, no-fee coins if we can use paper money and banks? Bitcoin's purpose is to be a safe asset, scarce and superior to gold. What is behind Bitcoin is the fact that no politician can steal you through taxes or inflation, there is nothing safer than Blockchain and Bitcoin. So far no technologically superior currency has emerged to Bitcoin to the point of provoking an abyss between technologies and will hardly emerge.

Yep it is possible for that to happen. But as they do say, it all depends on the people (us). We are the ones who determines which currency is next. If we all choose to quit from Bitcoin and go for something else, let’s say ETH (Ethereum) then ETH will turn out to be the best cryptocurrency and will take over Bitcoin to be the number one. But since we are all still interested in Bitcoin it will still remain the number one.
Kapee

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2018, 08:25:37 AM

Most people are of the notion that bitcoin has to be automatically be updated by some coin they can think of. One aspect about bitcoin is that it is uncomplicated and moreover, very easy to understand and make your transactions and trading with the coin. To add up, the quality or state of bitcoin being secured is nothing to write home about. A major allegation people strand to counter bitcoin is that the transaction fees are too high. This is due to the countless number of people using the coin. 

TWOGAP // Thriving Cryptocurrency Market With Cryptobonds
cherryfer

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 09:05:10 AM

Bitcoin goal in this world is to help the people to be convenient and fastest way of processing than the current uses  through the help of New generation Technology. no other reason why bitcoin does not quit despite of all speculation that bitcoin is Scam and all negative issue about the sincerity of Bitcoin promises.
MiXxe

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 09:49:20 AM

It is not impossible that bitcoin will be outdated by another currency. What is true is that it can be replaced by another crypto currency. If we talk about currency,  nothing and ever bit bitcoin. Bitcoin is not on the same level with other national currencies. It is not like the other countries currencies or what. However,its real competitors are the other investment that we have.

Kevondo

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 08:29:51 PM

Bitcoin is going 9yrs old, so far no alts surpasses Bitcoin. For 9yrs it remains the king. While Bitcoin is going down, no alts remains strong. All alts are crashing too. This is the best indication that Bitcoin has no replacement.

True but remember, that was 9 years ago. The technology at that years and time are far different and more advance today. As what bitcoin's purpose of existence be an indicator to its price, together with its character of being the first in its kind and the market, it will always be the King of all Cryptocurrency. But we cannot dictate time and the future. Possibly an alternative coin has character, potential and more beneficial purpose to everyone, then reaching or being higher in bitcoins price is possible.
It is impossible because Bitcoin is public friendly and people can not give priority over it. People may think about other cryptocurrencies but we have seen a lot of new currencies in the market but have not ability to compete with the Bitcoin. So it is clear that Bitcoin is a unique cryptocurrency and there is no other single currency which overcomes the Bitcoin.

localcrypto

Activity: 287

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 09:12:33 AM

Bitcoin is first cryoto currency proved to be decentralsied and processoed trillion dollars in transactions with out a central bank so no crypto currency is compareable with bitcoin and bo crypto currency
ylnar123

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 09:15:12 AM

Of course not. Bitcoin is the basis of all cryptocurrency to be traded and can be used by the public through Fiat to crypto. So in my opinion, it is imposible for Bitcoin to be outdated by other cryptocurrencies.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
██████                   A new era of charity                    ██████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
Black Angel

Activity: 574
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 10:19:33 AM

Every era and era of course will always be dynamic and changing, the presence of bitcoin has made many people open the eyes that there is a better system of fiat system full of control, and this becomes a solution to make the transaction fun, but I'm sure that someday bitcoin be outdated by another currency.
sheryl26

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 12:59:57 PM

The truth is yes they can always be outdated by another currency but the thing that keeps the bitcoins on the top even if there are a lot of coin out there that offers a much faster way and a much better way the people are still into bitcoins because the bitcoins is their first love. That will mever change and we all know that it is hard to change what we have used to do and most of the people have trusted bitcoin for a very long rime and trying a new one is a big risk to them because there are a lot of shitcoin here and it is hard to tell which is gonna be one.
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 04:05:40 AM

I think the answer to this goes far beyond the emotional and estimative aspect that bitcoin can generate in those who have followed it for a long time. It is also about the technical aspects that are the basis of all technology that has been developed to meet a specific need.

Many think that bitcoin has failed to satisfy any of these needs in an increasingly competitive market, however it is undoubted that every market always requires a currency that fulfills the function of being a stable and reliable reference to determine the comparative value of all the other currencies, like the dollar does with the fiat currencies, and I have no doubt that the bitcoin fulfills perfectly with that task, so I believe that no other cryptocurrency can displace the bitcoin from this indispensable function, despite many people think that bitcoin is an outdated coin.
A currency is more than its technical aspects, if that was enough then fiat will not be the most dominant form of currency and cryptocurrencies should have taken over sometime ago, and even if cryptocurrencies did not existed then gold should be the dominant form of money, bitcoin is still at the top not only because of its technology it is at the top because the confidence the members of the forum have in it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: