Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:04:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [QRK] 120,000 QRK Bounty for New Logo  (Read 39014 times)
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 10:25:58 AM

No coin its not a coin its a charm !

: D

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 10:40:03 AM

It's all about COINS in todays age!

QRK being a "charm" does nothing to help user adoption, and everything to confuse it!
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 11:10:22 AM

It's all about COINS in todays age!

QRK being a "charm" does nothing to help user adoption, and everything to confuse it!

Dissagree on this one ha ha .

But we can meet in the non coin middle lol

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Robert Lewandowski

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

Bayern

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 01:32:25 PM

It being a charm would probably confuse users, but the chinese will eat it right up  Wink
bisbash

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 01:54:05 PM

I think I'm out. These types of competitions are generally frowned upon by the design community and with the moving goal posts and deadlines I don't think I can invest any more of my time into this I'm afraid.

If you don't get a suitable entry I would be happy to work for Quark on all or any of the elements outlined, perhaps just reworking the current logo. Feel free to get in contact via my portfolio http://ohcg.co.uk/

Best of luck.
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 02:00:17 PM

It being a charm would probably confuse users, but the chinese will eat it right up  Wink

wouldn't have to be in the name

but just refer to it as a charm -

i already do - its like a charm to me -

I just like the word Charm -

not focused on anyone - we really don't have to do that  - it important to understand we are making a new Crypto here :

this will be disconnected from the Bitcoin " Sphere of influence" - our investors come form a different information fork -

these two prices will move eventually at completely different directions - so i expect little relationship -

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 02:01:22 PM

I think I'm out. These types of competitions are generally frowned upon by the design community and with the moving goal posts and deadlines I don't think I can invest any more of my time into this I'm afraid.

If you don't get a suitable entry I would be happy to work for Quark on all or any of the elements outlined, perhaps just reworking the current logo. Feel free to get in contact via my portfolio http://ohcg.co.uk/

Best of luck.

stay in with us do you do any Web work ? as well - FLip does - too -

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 02:28:20 PM

Best of luck.

Down to collaborate Smiley.

We should have a community poll on what the coin will be called. Smiley
KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 02:29:15 PM
Last edit: November 27, 2013, 03:13:24 PM by KeyserSozeMC

I am going to give a try.

http://postimg.org/image/ufksjemtt/

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
Quartx

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

Becoming legend, but I took merit to the knee :(

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 02:52:21 PM

Im no designer but heres my simplilistic logo

and

rayvellest

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 06:21:21 PM

Best of luck.

Should the project change name? NO, NO WAY, don't do that, that would be a HUGE mistake.

Quark is a BRILLIANT name for a crypto currency, and here is WHY:

1. It is immediately recognisable by geeks. Both, physicists and treekies! (That is a way to differentiate in the midst of so many randomly named coins)

2. In the physicist world, a quark is a elementary particle. Metaphorically, we could say there's no crypto currencies without QRKs. Quarks are essential to have.

3. Also, quarks are the only elementary particle in the Standard Model to experience all four fundamental interactions. Metaphorically: +, -, *, and /.

4. It has a meaning directly related to currency. It's the name of a character that has ACCUMULATION OF PROFIT as a life purpose. That in my own opinion is the most amazing reason to stick with it. It's a subconscious reminder, for investors, that this is a good coin for profits. I love this one.

3. Finally. What about the hassle and disturbance and surely depreciation that will follow with a name change? Why do that with such an AWESOME name?

Just in case you want to know my credentials. I'm a logo designer and branding is my field of expertise, and the above is my professional opinion.

Really, you have a winner name here. All it needs to grow is to keep up the good work and a growing community rallying behind it.

Please, feel free to ask anything, I will be more than glad to answer. Smiley

Infern0

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 07:09:40 PM

EDIT: I think I won =), although I wish I could say I actually made this.

TWITTER ◣                        ☆☆☆✩✩✩✩ IAME ☆✩✩✩✩☆☆                        ◢ WHITEPAPERJOIN
                     WEBSITE ◣                         ☆✩✩Fragmented☆✩✩                         ◢ MEDIUM            ◢ AIRDROP
         TELEGRAM ◣                        ☆☆☆Identity☆☆☆                        ◢ FACEBOOK     ◢ NOW
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 07:16:02 PM

Best of luck.

Should the project change name? NO, NO WAY, don't do that, that would be a HUGE mistake.

Quark is a BRILLIANT name for a crypto currency, and here is WHY:

1. It is immediately recognisable by geeks. Both, physicists and treekies! (That is a way to differentiate in the midst of so many randomly named coins)

2. In the physicist world, a quark is a elementary particle. Metaphorically, we could say there's no crypto currencies without QRKs. Quarks are essential to have.

3. Also, quarks are the only elementary particle in the Standard Model to experience all four fundamental interactions. Metaphorically: +, -, *, and /.

4. It has a meaning directly related to currency. It's the name of a character that has ACCUMULATION OF PROFIT as a life purpose. That in my own opinion is the most amazing reason to stick with it. It's a subconscious reminder, for investors, that this is a good coin for profits. I love this one.

3. Finally. What about the hassle and disturbance and surely depreciation that will follow with a name change? Why do that with such an AWESOME name?

Just in case you want to know my credentials. I'm a logo designer and branding is my field of expertise, and the above is my professional opinion.

Really, you have a winner name here. All it needs to grow is to keep up the good work and a growing community rallying behind it.

Please, feel free to ask anything, I will be more than glad to answer. Smiley

+ 1

its a Charm Quark ha ha 

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Hilux74
Legendary

Activity: 912

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 07:27:28 PM

If Quark is to be a currency like the Dollar Pound Yen etc then making an overly complicated logo is counterproductive.

You want a logo that can be used as a symbol in a font.  Current logo already meets that.  The current logo in black can be shrunk right down to be used like $ or BTC followed by numeric digits. 

For an example of what I am talking about check out page ~73 on the Bottlecaps thread where a user modified an amazon.com page to have items for sale in Bitcoin, US$ and Bottlecaps (and a proposed Cappachino name change).
IamNotSure

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 07:36:53 PM

If Quark is to be a currency like the Dollar Pound Yen etc then making an overly complicated logo is counterproductive.

You want a logo that can be used as a symbol in a font.  Current logo already meets that.  The current logo in black can be shrunk right down to be used like $ or BTC followed by numeric digits.  

For an example of what I am talking about check out page ~73 on the Bottlecaps thread where a user modified an amazon.com page to have items for sale in Bitcoin, US$ and Bottlecaps (and a proposed Cappachino name change).

I agree completely. Also, making a good & consistent serie of logo + physical + ascii charachter + banners takes times, and now that the bounty is really interesting, you should extend the deadline to end of december to let real graphists work on it (no offense to the already submitted ideas Wink
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 07:48:37 PM

http://postimg.org/image/tq4cj8lon/

http://postimg.org/image/djvljo0nv/.

http://postimg.org/image/svr7m3klr/

Grin
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 07:50:25 PM

My vote is with the original - there were some nice black and white ones -

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 07:51:20 PM

Can be changed to any color / bg

these are cool - but the original in B/W is very similar

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
mymenace
Legendary

Smile

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 07:54:10 PM

Was there any other variations wanted

Grin
mymenace
Legendary

Smile

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 08:18:57 PM

My argument for a logo change

I do like the current logo and if considered original would be best

Not to say my logo is any good but something for the developers to consider so as they can choose the right logo

http://www.logodesignteam.com/what-you-need-to-know-about-logo-design.html

ripple logo

Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: