Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:29:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [QRK] 120,000 QRK Bounty for New Logo  (Read 39014 times)
pabloangello
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 11:28:43 AM

I'm throwing in - personally I don't think we should be changing it AT ALL - just improving what's there, so many instances of this glyph already out in the press it would be silly to totally overhaul it. I'm an award winning designer from Toronto ON. Canada - Logo/branding used to be my 12 year long specialty in another life before crypto Wink.

Let me know what you think.

Alternates:

I also wanted to participate in this but after that I will hold myself.
Good job dude we should choose on of yours. Current logo shouldn't be changed into another, style should be the same, just polished and you did it right Smiley

ps. I epecially like the gold one! Cheesy (but it should be used like an addition to articles etc.)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
professorY

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 11:39:51 AM

Good job dude we should choose on of yours. Current logo shouldn't be changed into another, style should be the same, just polished and you did it right Smiley

ps. I epecially like the gold one! Cheesy (but it should be used like an addition to articles etc.)

+1 to all of this.

The original logo is what got me interested in QRK in the first place. It was different and immediately branded in my mind. But it does need an update. These are the slickest examples I've seen of how that could be accomplished.

Also, the gold one is amazing.

NotePad.io - Free, secure online notepad. Create & share (or keep private) rich notes, text and images.
pabloangello
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 11:58:18 AM

+1 to all of this.

The original logo is what got me interested in QRK in the first place. It was different and immediately branded in my mind. But it does need an update. These are the slickest examples I've seen of how that could be accomplished.

Also, the gold one is amazing.
I would really buy the physical gold one of quark if it would look like that Cheesy Just for numismatic reason.

GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 12:38:14 PM

Here's my entry

very clean, organic, very new generation i like it. You get my vote !

Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 12:59:30 PM

No gold quark logo please, BTC is already associated with that and it's seen more as an asset. Quark is no gold.
professorY

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 01:26:12 PM

No gold quark logo please, BTC is already associated with that and it's seen more as an asset. Quark is no gold.

I didn't mean use the gold one as the logo, just that the representation of the logo on the gold coin looks good.

NotePad.io - Free, secure online notepad. Create & share (or keep private) rich notes, text and images.
Robert Lewandowski

Activity: 420

Bayern

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 08:42:12 PM

I think we should definitely use the Gold coin/ Troy ounce for other things such as marketing. Then one of those really nicely polished Quark logos with only minimal changes before the Keiser show?
pabloangello
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 08:45:06 PM

CryptoBoomer could you please present us your coins projects in few scales? Especially this smaller ones?

professorY

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 08:47:16 PM

color:

My vote (if we are even voting) is definitely this one.

P.S. -- I like just "Quark" better than "QuarkCoin" for the name, but that's just me. But I LOVE this logo. You could totally see this being made on glass or clear plastic with a holographic middle. So cool. I would buy one right now lol.

Hilux74
Legendary

Activity: 912
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 08:56:02 PM

I vote CryptoBoomer as official Quark graphics designer.  I love the original logo and your work remains true to that and shows a lot of possibilities.
cryptoBoomer

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 09:50:15 PM

Thank you all very much for the positive feedback on my entry Smiley.

I have a full day/night ahead of me so I won't be able to revise/throw in any more versions until tomorrow and I'd still entertain more feedback before committing to changes - however I'll say this openly:

I stopped taking on design clients back in 2007 and became 'my own client' starting brands online like crazy until some of them popped and I scaled them - did well, got into crypto. I understand branding and growth/continuity in campaigning/versioning/business aspects that correlate with how the brand is packaged as a whole etc. It was only because I'm heavily invested that I decided to take a crack at this and put in real effort - I'd LOVE to see the brand grow FAR beyond where it is now and if I win - you guys have basically got yourselves an internal brander that will create tons of marketing assets out of my own free will throughout and to help the community. I enjoy this part of the process, and have overhauled many brands that were positioned poorly in the market so give me something to play with and improve and present to the world for maximum conversions, and I'm in my zone for days/weeks making something beautiful come to life that markets love (I also really enjoy split-testing everything).

Sorry for the runon, just want to to say I'm an oldschooler and feel this is an important part of the journey, you're not just picking a logo/designer here imo - you're making or breaking your packaging and potential future success of QRK Smiley

EDIT: Having said that - I don't want to be cocky - so best of luck to all other designers and have a great Quarky day everyone.

Cheers.
pabloangello
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 09:56:17 PM

Thank you all very much for the positive feedback on my entry Smiley.

I have a full day/night ahead of me so I won't be able to revise/throw in any more versions until tomorrow and I'd still entertain more feedback before committing to changes - however I'll say this openly:

I stopped taking on design clients back in 2007 and became 'my own client' starting brands online like crazy until some of them popped and I scaled them - did well, got into crypto. I understand branding and growth/continuity in campaigning/versioning/business aspects that correlate with how the brand is packaged as a whole etc. It was only because I'm heavily invested that I decided to take a crack at this and put in real effort - I'd LOVE to see the brand grow FAR beyond where it is now and if I win - you guys have basically got yourselves an internal brander that will create tons of marketing assets out of my own free will throughout and to help the community. I enjoy this part of the process, and have overhauled many brands that were positioned poorly in the market so give me something to play with and improve and present to the world for maximum conversions, and I'm in my zone for days/weeks making something beautiful come to life that markets love (I also really enjoy split-testing everything).

Sorry for the runon, just want to to say I'm an oldschooler and feel this is an important part of the journey, you're not just picking a logo/designer here imo - you're making or breaking your packaging and potential future success of QRK Smiley

Having said that - I don't want to be cocky - so best of luck to all other designers and have a great Quarky day everyone.

Cheers.
And you know that award for winner is now $18000 and in a few days could be much more? Cheesy
Nike paid 50 bucks for their sign.
I think such a big bounty will also attract more attention to Quark.

Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 10:07:16 PM

color:

P.S. -- I like just "Quark" better than "QuarkCoin" for the name, but that's just me. But I LOVE this logo. You could totally see this being made on glass or clear plastic with a holographic middle. So cool. I would buy one right now lol.

This one is pretty legit, my favourite so far, but could we see more variations of this model?
pabloangello
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 10:09:29 PM

color:

This one is pretty legit, my favourite so far, but could we see more variations of this model?

I would like to see that with similar inside colors like in original icon.

cryptoBoomer

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 10:29:41 PM

Ok I managed to get this revised a bit before having to jetty - think she's almost there Smiley

Various sizes and just Quark:

http://www.cryptoboss.com/quarklogo5.png

-----------------------------

http://www.cryptoboss.com/quark_coin_tag4b.png

http://www.cryptoboss.com/quark_coin_tag4b450.png

http://www.cryptoboss.com/quark_coin_tag4b200.png

----------------------------- Just Quark

http://www.cryptoboss.com/quark_coin_tag4c.png
pabloangello
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 10:39:36 PM

Ok I managed to get this revised a bit before having to jetty - think she's almost there Smiley

Various sizes and just Quark:

Beautiful and still will be recognized eg. on coinmarketcap.com etc. (even better).
One thing is that this hardly visible lines halving the coin - they are not necessary.

cryptoBoomer

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 10:42:04 PM

http://www.cryptoboss.com/quark_coin_tag4bflat.png

EDIT: got it Wink
pabloangello
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 10:42:52 PM

Wink
I meant on the coin not on the label Tongue

Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 10:53:37 PM

color:

I would like to see that with similar inside colors like in original icon.

+1 the details inside are nice, i also would like to see the inside colors like the original one, or another pattern. How about a galaxy /universe kind of pattern with cloud gasses with the colours of the original logo and some stars in it?
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 11:32:12 PM

Duffman's quark logo is still my #1 choice

Cryptoboomer also did a good job, but can we loose the glossy or maybe have it new gen flat ?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: