Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 12:17:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pre Sale vs Public Sale  (Read 1025 times)
Official_StorePlex

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 01:04:49 PM

One of the reasons people may wait for the public sale instead of the pre-sale, even if they get slightly less is probably due to not wanting to jump in without doing more research. Not only that, but a lot of people want second opinions and its likely that influences etc share their opinions later down the line rather than as soon as the pre-sale starts. I also think that if the pre-sale does good, it's seen as being a good indicator overall so someone who is unsure may wish to see how the pre-sale does and if it goes good will take part in the public sale.

There's a number of reasons really and every person probably has their own.
tondenga2122

Activity: 490
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 01:07:21 PM

I also do not understand people who buy on a public sale, and do not save half of their money when buying on pre-sale.
There're many things people want to invest on main sale instead of Pre-Sale.
Sometimes, the minimum invest on Pre-Sale is too high for people who just want to do a little investments.
And then, The slot of Pre-Sale is limited so not all people can join it.
Kang TB

Activity: 1050
Merit: 250

Revolutionizing Reward Points

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 01:17:37 PM

If bonuses are higher on pre sale, why do so many people wait for public sale?   I seen thrive get a huge jump on public sale?  I don't understand?

its not only about the bonus,
but, invest in pre sale is more risky,
investors need to keep their money safe,
everything is risky, but for me invest in public sale period is safer than invest in pre sale period
just my personal opinion mate

SHREW
     ▄███▄          ▄███▄             
    ███████         ▀▀███▌             
   ▐███████▌▄▄███████▄▄ ▀▀             
    ▀████████████████████▄             
      ▀█████████▀ ▄▄ ▀██████▄▄         
     ▐██████████▄ ▀▀ ▄██████████▄▄▄▄   
     ██████████████████████████████████
     ▐██████████████████████████▀▀▀▀   
      ▐███████████████████▀▀           
        ███████▀███████▀               
     ▄█  ████▀ ▄ ▀████  █▄             
    ███ ▐█▀  ▄███▄  ▀█▌ ▐██           
   ███     ▄███████▄     ███           
  ▐███   ▄▄ ▀▀███▀▀ ▄▄   ███▌         
  ▐████▄ ▀███▄▄ ▄▄███▀ ▄████▌         
   ▀█████▄ ▐███ ███▌ ▄█████▀           
     ▀████▌ ▐██ ██▌ ▐████▀             
        ▀▀           ▀▀                
DISCOUNTED
PRE-SALE
LIVE NOW !
      ████
  ███
 ███
 ███
███
███
███
███
 ███
 ███
  ███
   ████
   Revolutionizing
         Reward Points  
████
  ███
   ███
   ███
    ███
    ███
    ███
    ███
   ███
   ███
  ███
████
       ▄███▄          ▄███▄             
    ███████         ▀▀███▌             
   ▐███████▌▄▄███████▄▄ ▀▀             
    ▀████████████████████▄             
      ▀█████████▀ ▄▄ ▀██████▄▄         
     ▐██████████▄ ▀▀ ▄██████████▄▄▄▄   
     ██████████████████████████████████
     ▐██████████████████████████▀▀▀▀   
      ▐███████████████████▀▀           
        ███████▀███████▀               
     ▄█  ████▀ ▄ ▀████  █▄             
    ███ ▐█▀  ▄███▄  ▀█▌ ▐██           
   ███     ▄███████▄     ███           
  ▐███   ▄▄ ▀▀███▀▀ ▄▄   ███▌         
  ▐████▄ ▀███▄▄ ▄▄███▀ ▄████▌         
   ▀█████▄ ▐███ ███▌ ▄█████▀           
     ▀████▌ ▐██ ██▌ ▐████▀             
        ▀▀           ▀▀                

BUY SHREW

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
ondabeat

Activity: 104

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 01:47:49 PM

Even project developers know it and that's why not much is planned for sale in pre sale. One of the reasons I observed for this was that, people or investors were skeptical about the success of a project. They would rather see the extent to which the project will run, before investing into it, which I feel is normal.
rachman mahesa

Activity: 966
Merit: 111

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:29:09 PM

I prefer pre sale over public sale because pre sale is one good sale before entering public sale. Discounts are certainly very influential in this regard. Ordinary people prefer pre sale compared to public sale. But not everyone likes pre sale certainly there are also who prefer public sale.
Geleve

Activity: 588
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:34:53 PM

well presales mostly looks like have more advantages but pre sale participants usually have to wait more. their tokens mostly are unlocken later. and it is hard to predict the ico during pre-ico period. it is more risky.
Marcsymon

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 01:33:17 PM
Last edit: May 03, 2018, 01:50:22 PM by Marcsymon

pre sale is a marketing trick to introduce the coin, usually pre sale will get bonus, so people will be interested. people are waiting for the public sale because it's only too late to follow pre sale, or maybe because they want to see the prospect after the pre sale

Yes, some investors are always watching when is the pre sale begin because for them this is the good time to buy some coins due to the great percentage of bonuses offered. While buying in public sell sometimes the price get increased particularly when coin get hits. It will suddenly cut down the great percentage of bonuses offered during pre sale because of the coins big hits. So, therefore buying on pre sale are much advantageous of having great profit compared to buy during public sell. My own thoughts.
illnino

Activity: 756
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 12:17:36 PM

I also do not understand people who buy on a public sale, and do not save half of their money when buying on pre-sale.

Some people consider it riskier to buy coins or tokens on pre-sale stage, they prefer investing in time-proven coins. Personally I belong to this group. I need time to make some researches and see that the coin stays afloat for a few months.
Holla123

Activity: 504
Merit: 131

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 12:21:56 PM

If bonuses are higher on pre sale, why do so many people wait for public sale?   I seen thrive get a huge jump on public sale?  I don't understand?

Pre Sale is always riskier. It is not a given any more, that an ICO reaches its soft cap. Currently things looking better in general but in case soft cap not reached the pre sale investors in general do not get a full refund.
jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2018, 12:25:16 PM

There is still no assurance that the team would push through with public sale when the pre-sale failed that's why some wait for public sale so that they can assess if there are more investors that are interested in the project. If you study their whitepaper and positive that the project has a big potential then it would be better if you bought in the pre-sale because of higher bonuses.

well presales mostly looks like have more advantages but pre sale participants usually have to wait more. their tokens mostly are unlocken later. and it is hard to predict the ico during pre-ico period. it is more risky.

This is also one of the reason because there are times when the pre-sale is far ahead to the ICO. Some even take months so it would take them longer to wait and with the nature of people nowadays that wanted something instant then no wonder most people wanted ICO than pre-ICO.

yerger

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 12:36:20 PM

Yes Pre Sale it more profitable but it's depend on you luck. There is some risky that ICO will not successful or SCAM and some people afraid for that and wait for Publlic Sale. They can predict whether it will be successful or not in Public Sale.
sambuki

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 12:39:52 PM

Yes Pre Sale it more profitable but it's depend on you luck. There is some risky that ICO will not successful or SCAM and some people afraid for that and wait for Publlic Sale. They can predict whether it will be successful or not in Public Sale.

The risk and the chance to get good profit are almkst equal during the presale. During the main sale mostly we can participate with small amount of money therefore if we got scammed, it won't feel so bad.
Saidmod

Activity: 659

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 02:38:57 PM

Pre Sale is always riskier. It is not a given any more, that an ICO reaches its soft cap. Currently things looking better in general but in case soft cap not reached the pre sale investors in general do not get a full refund.
This only happens from the ico that is not to much good to invest. So, if you are about making an investment in pre sale the ico's that has been most awaited to open their whitelist is good to invest because of its high demand of investors to get in and get big bonus. You can lessen the risk and make some higher risk it depends how you are going to find an ico.

▄▄▄
        █████
        █████
         ▀▀▀
     ▄█
███████▄    ▄█████▄   ███████▄   ███   ███  ███        ▄█████▄   ███   ███   ▄█████▄
    ███ █████████  █████████  █████████  ███   ███  ███       █████████  ███   ███  █████████
    ███ ███  ▀███  ███   ███  ███  ▀███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
    ███ ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███  ███▄
    ███ ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███   ███▄
    ███ ███  ▄███  ███   ███  ███  ▄███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███    ▀███▄
    ███ █████████  ███   ███  █████████  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███      ▀███
    ███ ███████▀   ███   ███  ███████▀   ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███       ▀███
        ███        ███   ███  ███        ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
        ███        █████████  ███        █████████  ████████  █████████  █████████  █████████
        ███         ▀█████▀   ███         ▀█████▀   ████████   ▀█████▀    ▀█████▀    ▀█████▀
                                                                       WORLD

▄████▄▄   ▄
  █▄          ██████████▀▄
  ███        ███████████▀
  ▐████▄     ██████████▌
  ▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
  ▀████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████
    ▄▄███████████████
     ▀█████████████▀
      ▄▄█████████▀
  ▀▀██████████▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄
     █▀ █  ▄   ▄  █ ▀█
    █ ▀█   █   █   █▀ █
   █▀ █ ▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀ █ ▀█
   █▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄█
   █▀█▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀█▀█
   █▄ █ ▄▀█▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▄█ ▄█
    █ ▄█   █   █   █▄ █
     █▄ █  ▀   ▀  █ ▄█
      ▀█▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
            █████
          █████████
        █████████████
      █████████████████
    █████████████████████
  █████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████
    █████████████████████
      █████████████████
        █████████████
          █████████
            ████

RECEIVE    ⇩ ⇩
          9% DISCOUNT         
⇨  BUY NOW 
laredo7mm

Activity: 1498
Merit: 537

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 02:46:03 PM

Like people explained, sometimes there is high amount prescribed for minimum investment (1 or 10 ETH). Other reason why people wait for public sale can be that ICO does not have soft cap defined so people are afraid that project will fail if they don't collect enough money. So investors wait for presale report - if ICO collected enough money, like at least $100,000, then other investors are comfortable that project will succeed so they add their own money.
trako

Activity: 756
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 11:49:53 AM

a good project is always demanded. large investors benefit from pre-sales. while small investors are waiting to rely a bit. because demand is positively affecting trust.
Pline

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 12:05:12 PM

During pre-sale period a lot of people are afraid, that project will not get enough support from audience and investors.
Usually this is the main reason, why they do not invest on this stage.
jems

Activity: 854

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 12:14:14 PM

I think they are just waiting for the development of the project and by looking at pre-sales, if successful pre-sale then most likely the project will be successful as well.
XpanderaX

Activity: 110

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 12:16:12 PM

I think everyone's minds are the same, why people would rather wait for public sale than on pre sale. of course this is done to minimize losses, if we buy tokens in pre sale and bad pyoyek then it will not work, in public sale will not be sold. so before we participate in pre sale, people will usually observe the extent to which the project develops. if it turns out the project is going well and Good, then it will definitely decide to participate in the public sale.
michael shikany

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 12:20:24 PM

But in the pre-sale phase, it's hard to predict future trends.
So I prefer to wait until the public sales phase, then consider buying tokens.

jerowacik
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 01:01:39 PM

ICO often provide early investors with some sort of a bonus. But 2018 shows us often it's more profitable to wait for drawdown and buy on the stock exchange.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: