Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:45:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Dailybitcoins.org] Bitcoin faucet, sponsored by ads  (Read 71451 times)
giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 02:35:16 AM

Started using Anonymous Ads.

Big payouts today!
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2012, 12:04:06 AM

Good news: booby prize doubled to 0.0005 BTC!
rini17

Activity: 340
Merit: 250

GO http://bitcointa.lk !!! My new nick: jurov

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2012, 11:08:13 PM

Just tried to drain the walled used for dailybitcoins... and had almost all "earnings" wiped out by tx fees Roll Eyes

It's not worth it, maybe if one uses bitcoin client patched for zero tx fees, or for bots.

CoinBr.com: First online MPEx brokerage launched beta! Easy to use interface and reasonable fees. Charts for MPEx stocks: live.coinbr.com * My Blog *
giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2012, 03:14:54 AM

had almost all "earnings" wiped out by tx fees Roll Eyes
As I know recipients have not pay transaction fees.
rini17

Activity: 340

GO http://bitcointa.lk !!! My new nick: jurov

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2012, 09:44:47 AM

had almost all "earnings" wiped out by tx fees Roll Eyes
As I know recipients have not pay transaction fees.
No, I am not talking about the moment when I received them from dailybitcoins. I had to pay the 0.0025 btc fee later when I wanted to send all the coins elsewhere. It happpened despite I used always the same address.

It is not your problem, I know, but for me it does make dailybitcoins useless. I propose you to add option to pay the recipient once a month all together, so that there will be less transactions and thus no tx fees for users later.

CoinBr.com: First online MPEx brokerage launched beta! Easy to use interface and reasonable fees. Charts for MPEx stocks: live.coinbr.com * My Blog *
TravisE

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2012, 06:20:36 PM

I once worked around a similar fee issue (caused by receiving large amounts of coins in lots of small payments) by sending small amounts (but gradually working up to progressively larger ones) to myself. Using some trial and error to find the largest amount that doesn't request a fee, then repeatedly sending that should “regroup” the bitcoins until you can start sending larger chunks at a time before triggering the TX fee request. It takes some time and is a hassle, and there's likely a better way, but it worked for me. Smiley
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
April 22, 2012, 06:46:50 PM

I once worked around a similar fee issue (caused by receiving large amounts of coins in lots of small payments) by sending small amounts (but gradually working up to progressively larger ones) to myself. Using some trial and error to find the largest amount that doesn't request a fee, then repeatedly sending that should “regroup” the bitcoins until you can start sending larger chunks at a time before triggering the TX fee request. It takes some time and is a hassle, and there's likely a better way, but it worked for me. Smiley
Another way is just to wait. The coins will automatically, with time, increase in priority and stop asking for tx fees.
westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 06:02:30 PM

Another way is just to wait. The coins will automatically, with time, increase in priority and stop asking for tx fees.

True. As an aside, this might be something we need to more explicitly inform people of; perhaps dailybitcoins.org could inform users of this right on the page? (Also, perhaps a good feature request for the main client might be an info box that pops up whenever transaction fees are incurred, letting the user know that he might be able to avoid the fee by waiting to send the transaction.)

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 07:41:58 PM

perhaps dailybitcoins.org could inform users of this right on the page?
What do you suggest to tell the visitors? Not to spend Bitcoins from the wallet on which they have received prizes, before some time elapses?
westkybitcoins
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 09:26:47 PM

perhaps dailybitcoins.org could inform users of this right on the page?
What do you suggest to tell the visitors? Not to spend Bitcoins from the wallet on which they have received prizes, before some time elapses?

Something like that. Perhaps "NOTE: Spending a large number of small payouts too soon after receipt may incur a transaction fee."

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 02:12:18 AM

Something like that. Perhaps "NOTE: Spending a large number of small payouts too soon after receipt may incur a transaction fee."
Added this message.

P.S. I agree with opinion that Bitcoin client's developers have to add at least warning because many people even have never heard about this issue.
TravisE

Activity: 121

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 03:48:39 AM

Yeah, I seem to recall reading something about waiting times and bitcoin “priority” but I'll have to go back and read up on that since I wasn't aware of the details. It does seem that TX fees are currently one of the more confusing aspects of Bitcoin from the users' perspective.

By the way, what kind of time duration are we typically talking about here? Something on the order of days, hours, months…?
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 03:03:56 PM

Yeah, I seem to recall reading something about waiting times and bitcoin “priority” but I'll have to go back and read up on that since I wasn't aware of the details. It does seem that TX fees are currently one of the more confusing aspects of Bitcoin from the users' perspective.

By the way, what kind of time duration are we typically talking about here? Something on the order of days, hours, months…?
Usually 144 confirmations, I.E. about 1 day.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
tarrant_01

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 25, 2012, 01:00:13 PM

I was using stumble upon to stumble bitcoin early today and came across your site. Everytime I clicked an ad it too me to the same site most of the time.

Also, my work blocks it as a "Pay to Surf" site. Shucks for trying to double dip Grin.

1P95gCUCw3Tjb7yyoYtW3ARZZQyTpFgk6H
giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2012, 03:30:54 AM

Due to hardware upgrade payments will be sent tomorrow. Sorry for delay!
boonies4u

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 01, 2012, 01:17:11 AM

Page not loading for me.
giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2012, 01:31:13 AM

Page not loading for me.
Just checked, all works fine! Check your Internet connection.
boonies4u

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 01, 2012, 03:18:44 AM

Page not loading for me.

I am unable to access dailybitcoins.org with Chrome or Firefox.

Firefox error reads : The connection has timed out The server at dailybitcoins.org is taking too long to respond.

Chrome error reads : Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to dailybitcoins.org Try reloading: dailybitcoins.­org

I am also am receiving "Request Timed Out" errors when pinging with command prompt.

All other internet connections are fine.
westkybitcoins
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2012, 05:03:57 AM

Page not loading for me.

I am unable to access dailybitcoins.org with Chrome or Firefox.

Firefox error reads : The connection has timed out The server at dailybitcoins.org is taking too long to respond.

Chrome error reads : Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to dailybitcoins.org Try reloading: dailybitcoins.­org

I am also am receiving "Request Timed Out" errors when pinging with command prompt.

All other internet connections are fine.

You can usually go to

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

to check if it's just your system that's experiencing a problem accessing a website, or if others are having it too.

Thralen

Activity: 123

View Profile
May 02, 2012, 03:20:33 AM

I'm having the issue with non-connectivity also, there is hop in Denver from level3.net which is automatically dropping the tracert when I try one. This same hop works just fine for all the other tracerts I try, so it seems to be blocking dailybitcoins.org since that is the only tracert I tried that dropped at that hop.

xe-8-3-3.edge3.Denver1.Level3.net [4.28.20.37] reports: Destination net unreachable

but this same one does just fine with a tracert to Slush's mining.bitcoin.cz and multiple other sites.

Thralen

Supporting bitcoin as best I can with 1. mining, 2. buying with bitcoin, 3. selling (or trying to) for bitcoin. If you make a donation to:  1MahzUUEYJrZ4VbPRm2h5itGZKEguGVZK1  I'll get it into circulation.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: