Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:12:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: labcoin lawsuit  (Read 87587 times)
virtualspade (OP)

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 11:20:00 PM

1000 shares and sent virtualspade a message. is it normal to not get any response?

Yes it's normal not to get a response within 5h after sending the message, I have a family, job and mining operation to take care of. My personal life has been somewhat on hold since I started to investigate the Labcoin fraud, but I'm planning to reclaim that and my stolen Bitcoins when this is over Smiley

Sometimes it can take 1-2 days, but I try to response to all messages within a day.

virtualspade's cold beer fund: BTC:1PFLjadp8BUXihShfEmhCKugUUfo8SveJy LTC:LUTaae2YTkZomPgd2AeqKyNonpe2iTgZ7R  WDC:WQ6hNRmN4cDhF6XmccRN6uruWinLkZd2Aj More over here

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kost

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 05:44:22 AM

Yes it's normal not to get a response within 5h after sending the message,

I got response. thanks.
I was just wondering whatever I will get some response or I should not expect any. Not that I expect any immediately. Sorry for that.
Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 06:27:25 AM

How's everything going?

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 07:03:25 PM

How's everything going?

Much Progress!   Justice soon.  Settlement immanent.  Such Bitcoin Police, wow!

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
ThrillHou

Activity: 73
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 11:18:35 PM

Yea, just let us know if you need anything on our end. Thank you virtualspade for all your efforts.
kingfzero

Activity: 23

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 01:04:40 AM

NO UPDATES?
NineLives

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 01:48:54 AM

1000 shares and sent virtualspade a message. is it normal to not get any response?

Yes it's normal not to get a response within 5h after sending the message, I have a family, job and mining operation to take care of. My personal life has been somewhat on hold since I started to investigate the Labcoin fraud, but I'm planning to reclaim that and my stolen Bitcoins when this is over Smiley

Sometimes it can take 1-2 days, but I try to response to all messages within a day.

Sent you a message.

Bitcoin Mining Hardware:   www.mininghardware.co.uk
virtualspade (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 07:28:57 PM

I posted this on the [CRYPTOSTOCKS] Labcoin Official Thread, I'll post it here also if Sam decides to start deleting stuff from there, it's not a real update but there is some new information.

Hi virtualspace,

will you PM people who joined complaint and give us list of what Lawyer requires from us?

will he need proof of shares bought at BTC.TC or is information from cryptostocks enough? 
Will be needing csv files of trades etc..? 
I have csv files that I downloaded from BTC.TC, but if anyone who hasn't, are they still available from BTC.TC?
Is burnside of BTC.TC assisting lawyer or is lawyer contacting him? 
Is cryptostocks also assisting?

Is there anything else we should be preparing before we get contacted and have to submit info to lawyer?

Answer what you can in public forum otherwise could you send everyone PM (email) relevant information to prepare?

Thanks,
merv77

I will send a email to the lawyer and ask him if he has any information about what is needed for the complaint, but he is still working on the part of the complaint that focuses on getting the police interested in pursuing the case, and starting the investigation in to this fraud.

There is a lot of information to go through and I expect this to take some time to do, after that he can focus on how possible salvaged funds would be distributed and how to calculate the amount that everyone would get.

I also have the csv files that I downloaded from BTC.TC, but I know that not every one have them. Burnside said that he would help with the complaint and I'm sure he can get the information from his data storage if needed. I sent Burnside a email Dec 9 and asked how the information he said he would provide is coming along, I have not yet got any reply to my question. We have contacted him again and are waiting for his reply.

We are also looking looking into the possibility to compel him to release the information via order from the Gov't where he resides, as this was his first answer to me about releasing any information about Labcoin, in a email I sent him Oct 23.

Cryptostocks admin has also agreed to help with the complaint and he also has all information regarding Labcoin on his servers.

I can't think of any thing that you could do to prepare for the complaint, other than be patient and wait for us to get the complaint ready.

I will PM everyone that has joined the complaint with the information that the lawyer needs and how to contact him when the time comes.

TheSwede75 has failed to contact me or any other member from LCSH, I am personally starting to believe that he has some part of this fraud, and if it comes to a vote, I vote for him to be a suspect accomplice in this fraud, and would be presented as that in the complaint against Labcoin.

I have not followed TheSwedes75 actions and if or how he has replyed to his part of the Labcoin fraud, so I could be wrong but I find it interesting that he can not find the time to write some messages about his actions regarding Labcoin.

I'm also starting to believe that his name is not Daniel Larsson as presented on the btct.co/security/LABCOIN page, so if any of you have some information about TheSwede75 or like to do some research on him pleas PM me.

virtualspade's cold beer fund: BTC:1PFLjadp8BUXihShfEmhCKugUUfo8SveJy LTC:LUTaae2YTkZomPgd2AeqKyNonpe2iTgZ7R  WDC:WQ6hNRmN4cDhF6XmccRN6uruWinLkZd2Aj More over here
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 07:56:11 PM

Can I suggest contacting theymos to see if he is able to provide any useful information.  One would have to assume users like theswede and labcoin were behind proxies, but you never know..

virtualspade (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 10:32:10 PM

Can I suggest contacting theymos to see if he is able to provide any useful information.  One would have to assume users like theswede and labcoin were behind proxies, but you never know..

I sent this to theymos on Oct 9

*************************************************************************************************************************

« Sent to: theymos on: 09 October 2013, 14:14:51 »

hello,

we are a group of labcoin share holders looking for information about labcoin and since getting the truth about what really going on seem impossible I decided to contact you in hope of some more information.

the user labcoin's first message here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241033.0 is signed by Samuel Noi but Fabrizio Tatti has admitted to that he has written that message. what we are looking for when did Samuel take over the labcoin account and what is written by Tatti and what is by Samuel. so I write you hoping that we could get user labcoins logon IP address history to try and figure out who has been using the account. the guys in the group said that good luck getting the info from bitcointalk.org but I decided to write you anyway and ask, please help us.

*************************************************************************************************************************

I haven't got any reply from him yet, it seams that the admin of bitcointalk.org likes to protect scammers and their identities. I think he refers to the btctalk user's privacy and he wont release any information and "it's not up to him to judge", this is just a guess and what I have heard, as he never replied to me I don't know for sure.

This could be a good reason for the Bitcoin securities and other projects to be hosted on some other forum with a admin that wont let frauds be committed freely, with out the risk of the criminals information being released.

I don't know if the other guys from LCSH are interested in hosting such a forum for real (there has been some talk about it), and run the necessary backup checks on the issuers of cryptocoin securities and other projects, I would take part of some ting like that. I think this is some ting we need in the cryptocoin securities scene, and in that way we would look out for the best interest of the investors and not the best interest of people running scams.

auto2nr1

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 10:42:22 PM

I think it would be great to have some kind of 3rd party screening some of these securities as well as the issuers to make sure they are legit so the community can be safer from scammers out there trying to take our coins.
merv77

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:12:35 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2013, 11:51:45 PM by merv77

couldn't the police force theymos for information required?
or would he have to front court and judge force him to give information required.

same with theswede75..?

EDIT. I think it perfectly legal to request this info one way or another, no?

Formal Discovery: Gathering Evidence for Your Lawsuit - (Ref link: http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/formal-discovery-gathering-evidence-lawsuit-29764.html)
Once a lawsuit gets underway, parties to the lawsuit or their lawyers start gathering information related to the lawsuit. This investigative process is aptly named "discovery," because it often turns up facts and documents that were previously unknown -- to at least one party to the lawsuit anyway.
For the most part, discovery takes place outside the courtroom, with parties exchanging written information and sitting through face-to-face questioning sessions (called "depositions"). However, if the parties can't agree on what should be handed over in discovery, a judge may have to resolve the dispute.
The kind of information that a party can force someone else to reveal -- is generally very broad, though there are some limits. A party may ask for facts about the case, for the identity of others who may know something about the case, for documents relating to the case, and for inspection of physical objects or property connected to the dispute. Discovery can be used to seek information not only from the other party to the lawsuit, but also from people and businesses that aren't involved in the legal proceedings.
What Can Be Discovered
The basic rule of discovery is that a party may obtain any information that pertains -- even slightly -- to any issue in the lawsuit, as long as the information is not "privileged" or otherwise legally protected (see "Discovery Limits," below). Here are some of the things lawyers often ask for in discovery:
  • anything a witness or party saw, heard, or did in connection with the dispute
  • anything anyone said at a particular time and place (for example, in a business meeting related to the dispute or after a car accident that turned into a lawsuit)
  • the identity of anyone who might know something about the dispute or about the injuries or money losses either party suffered
  • detailed information on how a business is run (for example, a party might try to determine how a company that sold a dangerous product decides what to sell, or how a business makes employment-related decisions or keeps its accounting records)
  • documents relating to the dispute, and
  • the personal, educational, and professional background of a witness.
Limits on What Can Be Discovered
Virtually any bit of information that might have even a slight connection to the lawsuit is fair game for discovery. But this enormous latitude sometimes leads to abuse. Lawyers might try to pry into subjects that have no legitimate significance for the lawsuit, or that are private and confidential, serving only to annoy or embarrass the parties. Fortunately, there are some legal limits on this kind of probing, and some protections to keep private material from being disclosed to the public.
Confidential conversations. Conversations between people engaged in certain relationships are given a special legal protection known as privilege. Courts and legislatures have decided that the free flow of confidential information in these relationships is so important that it must be protected, even though that information might be important to others in a lawsuit. Under the law, no one can be required to disclose any information, whether verbal or written, that was confidentially exchanged within the following relationships:
  • husband and wife
  • lawyer and client
  • doctor and patient, and
  • religious advisor and advisee (although this privilege is often referred to as "priest-penitent," it applies more generally to any confidential conversation between a member of the clergy of a recognized religion and a person seeking spiritual counsel).
Private matters. In recent years, courts have increasingly recognized that some aspects of personal life should remain private, beyond the reach even of lawyers. But the right to privacy is a fairly recent and still-developing legal notion. As a result, there is no clear definition of precisely what it covers -- and the extent of its protection varies considerably from state to state. Roughly, the right to privacy protects a person from having to divulge information that is not obviously relevant to the lawsuit and is a matter that a person would not normally discuss or reveal to anyone outside of immediate family and intimate friends. This might include issues such as:
  • health or body issues
  • sexuality, sexual practices, or sexual partners
  • spiritual or religious beliefs, and
  • immediate family relationships.
Privacy rights of third parties. Courts are more willing to protect the privacy of third parties -- for example, witnesses, co-workers, or family members of a party -- than the privacy of parties to a lawsuit. Courts often put limits on how much a party can find out about someone who isn't involved in a lawsuit, reasoning that it isn't fair to invade the privacy of someone who was dragged into a dispute.
Keeping discovery information from the public. Even if a party is required to disclose certain information to the other side in a lawsuit, that information can be treated confidentially by the court -- that is, the party who receives it can be prevented from revealing it to anyone else, and the court can keep it out of the public record. This might be done to protect, for example, sensitive financial information, confidential information belonging to a business, or personal medication information that is relevant to the lawsuit. For this to happen, a judge must usually order that information be kept confidential, in what's often called a "protective order."
Discovery Procedures
There are four types of formal discovery tools that are frequently used in lawsuits. They are:
  • Depositions. In a deposition, one party or that party's lawyer conducts face-to-face questioning of the other party or a witness to the dispute. The person being questioned (the "deponent") must answer under oath, and the answers are recorded for later use at trial. If the deponent cannot testify at trial, the questions and answers might be read to the jury as evidence. If the deponent does testify and gives different answers at trial from those he gave during the deposition, the questions and answers can be used to show the jury that the witness changed his story.
  • Requests for production of evidence. In a request for production of evidence, one party asks the other for physical evidence related to the dispute. Requests for production are usually used to gather pertinent documents, such as contracts, employment files, billing records, or documents related to real estate. However, these requests can also be used to inspect physical objects or property -- for example, in a dispute about whether a contractor properly repaired a homeowner's roof, the contractor's lawyer might ask to have a roofing expert inspect the work.
  • Interrogatories. Interrogatories are written questions one party sends to the other to be answered under oath. The answers can be used at trial in the same way as deposition answers -- to challenge a party who changes her story later.
  • Requests for admission. In a request for admission, one party asks the other party to admit, under oath, that certain facts are true or certain documents are genuine. These requests are generally used to save time and to narrow the issues that have to be proved at trial.
lzr1900

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 01:48:36 AM

2014 is coming.hope we can hunt alberto down and get our btc back...
nanobrain
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Dumb broad

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 11:24:30 PM

couldn't the police force theymos for information required?

Jurisdiction would be the issue but I imagine the lawyer would be able to sub poena 'theymos', if we have a real name that is.  That would then make 'theymos' a hostile witness legally, which given the nature of the action is not going to look good for him/her.

But I've discovered over time that 'theymos' doesn't seem to care what happens on the forum....I imagine too busy counting his coins.

ThrillHou

Activity: 73
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 02:11:03 AM

Hi VS, I notice earlier you posted,

"I will PM everyone that has joined the complaint with the information that the lawyer needs and how to contact him when the time comes."

I just want to make sure I have formally "joined the complaint" as I do not know if my info was given at an earlier time. In any case, I would like to  declare myself as joining in the complaint.

To all, is there any way we can blockchain analyze any of the coins (or the coins of all those working for Labcoin in any capacity- particularly addresses associated with The Swede. ) Since things will get done faster if we put all our cards on the table, I'll go ahead and say I am nearly 100% certain The Swede is an accomplice in this. Investigate all his publicly known BTC addresses...never know what you might find.

Peace out

ferskvare

Activity: 38

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 12:55:47 PM

If we could have an update with what's going on, that would be appreciated as well Smiley
virtualspade (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 11:42:53 PM

Happy New Year everyone,

Lets make this a good year for the bitcoin securities market, and I hope that starting it with a complaint against the Labcoin fraud sends a message to all that are thinking of scamming bitcoins from investors, that they will NOT get away with it...

I got a message from a user that contacted theymos about the releasing of information about the Labcoin user, I quote:

"We generally don't release such info without a warrant."

So there is a chance to get the information from him, thank you theymos. You could have told me that when I asked about it.

Next week the lawyer is ready to receive the information from the 124 shareholders that are joining the complaint, I will sent PM to all that has joined how to proceed with this.

So if anyone still wants to join there is still time.

After the lawyer has gotten all the information, he is looking to submit the complain in about 2 weeks after that.

I will post another update soon with a estimated amount of BTC needed to pay for the remaining part from the invoice for the complaint.

And ThrillHou you are nr. 46 on my list to send the PM to, so you have formally "joined the complaint" a long time ago. I sent you a confirmation PM on 13 November 2013, so you are good with that.

AtlasONo

Activity: 551
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 06:47:05 AM

Cool
pbbhopp

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 01:14:44 PM

Happy New Year everyone,

Lets make this a good year for the bitcoin securities market, and I hope that starting it with a complaint against the Labcoin fraud sends a message to all that are thinking of scamming bitcoins from investors, that they will NOT get away with it...

I got a message from a user that contacted theymos about the releasing of information about the Labcoin user, I quote:

So there is a chance to get the information from him, thank you theymos. You could have told me that when I asked about it.

Next week the lawyer is ready to receive the information from the 124 shareholders that are joining the complaint, I will sent PM to all that has joined how to proceed with this.

After the lawyer has gotten all the information, he is looking to submit the complain in about 2 weeks after that.

I will post another update soon with a estimated amount of BTC needed to pay for the remaining part from the invoice for the complaint.

And ThrillHou you are nr. 46 on my list to send the PM to, so you have formally "joined the complaint" a long time ago. I sent you a confirmation PM on 13 November 2013, so you are good with that.

Please send mail to me too. I joined long time ago Smiley. Thank you
CHAO

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 11:11:02 PM

Dear Virtualspade,

Thanks you very much.You do a good job.I have lost the major bitcoin in this  Labcoin fraud.
If I can take some bitcoin back.I will send you at least 5% with my thankfulness.

Best Regards
Chao

Happy New Year everyone,

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: