Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:25:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: labcoin lawsuit  (Read 87587 times)
CHAO

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 06:28:27 AM

Thanks virtualspade very much!
I also agree with the 5% thing.

And may I suggest, if we can take back any BTC, we also give a certain percentage to the lawyer. for example 10%- even 20%.

Since if we can not take back the BTC, we will lose it forever anyway.
Why not give the lawyer enough incentive, let him work hard to fight for it?

And I believe that we don't have enough to pay for the lawyer now,
so with the BTC price high now, giving him a pie ahead maybe a good way.

What percentage is appropriate should be discussed here.

I agree to give 10%  percentage to the lawyer.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
abuelau

Activity: 750
Merit: 500

www.coinschedule.com

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 02:33:01 PM

Thanks virtualspade very much!
I also agree with the 5% thing.

And may I suggest, if we can take back any BTC, we also give a certain percentage to the lawyer. for example 10%- even 20%.

Since if we can not take back the BTC, we will lose it forever anyway.
Why not give the lawyer enough incentive, let him work hard to fight for it?

And I believe that we don't have enough to pay for the lawyer now,
so with the BTC price high now, giving him a pie ahead maybe a good way.

What percentage is appropriate should be discussed here.

I agree to give 10%  percentage to the lawyer.

I also agree with 10%

Know what's happening in cryptoworld: www.coinschedule.com
E.Sam

Activity: 393
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 03:24:12 PM

I m not sure that it would actually make much difference (if I remember correctly, this has been previously discussed).
From what I understood: The lawyer built the case and he's going to hand it over to the italian department of justice. They will then decide on the course of action (we could give 10% to the judge, but I m afraid this is not entirely legal).
What is needed for now is getting the remaining 3-4 BTC for his fees (the lawyer that is).
I think the eventual problem will be to actually locate the perpetrator (if someone is found guilty of fraud), arrest him and bring him to court. We can either count on the italian police force, interpol, the hosting country authorities etc... or get a bounty hunter (from what I have googled, I believe fees are around 10%).
Not saying this is the way to go, but I believe that would be a wiser way to spend 700 BTCs (1/2 M $).
Just my 2 cents.
superduh

Activity: 602

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 05:41:28 PM

fabrizio and alberto and alessia having too much fun at the expense of others. by the looks of it seems police haven't talked to them yet. this notification to police is taking too long  Embarrassed Angry
submit the damn complaint already and then a week later the more detailed information - it can always trickle in. police need investigate TODAY to arrest someone TODAY not TOMORROW - does noone realize this?

ok
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 06:30:48 PM

The police cant start without infos. And without victims they cant start either. Or do you think you tell them Money was stolen from someone, please investigate, we will tell you later who are the victims and what they lost in detail.

I hope some big shareholders will donate. I mean im not the only one who lost big. I already donated alot.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
superduh

Activity: 602

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 07:04:39 PM

The police cant start without infos. And without victims they cant start either. Or do you think you tell them Money was stolen from someone, please investigate, we will tell you later who are the victims and what they lost in detail.

I hope some big shareholders will donate. I mean im not the only one who lost big. I already donated alot.

no, all they NEED is one victim with evidence to START. you can give them more names as people join. all the evidence will be the same regardless of how many victims contact police. it's public knowledge how much money was stolen. i'm saying that the sooner this starts the BETTER. waiting longer to get a few more names etc isn't worth the wait. alberto, fab, and alessia need to be questioned and possibly arrested today not tomorrow. justice will be served but the longer the wait the smaller chance of any recovery of funds at all.

ok
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 07:09:19 PM

no, all they NEED is one victim with evidence to START. you can give them more names as people join. all the evidence will be the same regardless of how many victims contact police. it's public knowledge how much money was stolen. i'm saying that the sooner this starts the BETTER. waiting longer to get a few more names etc isn't worth the wait. alberto, fab, and alessia need to be questioned and possibly arrested today not tomorrow. justice will be served but the longer the wait the smaller chance of any recovery of funds at all.

Thats right then... i would have liked it more when the lawyer would have taken the case more serious too. I mean he gets no small money for it.

finlof

Activity: 630

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 07:24:44 PM

anyone here already sent their info to the lawyer?  want to make sure i'm not the only one sending sensitive documents (copy of passport) to a person i've never met...
bitcoiner49er

Activity: 457

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 09:37:13 PM

anyone here already sent their info to the lawyer?  want to make sure i'm not the only one sending sensitive documents (copy of passport) to a person i've never met...

Sent  Undecided

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 04:42:23 AM

I sent...

AtlasONo

Activity: 551

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 02:49:14 PM

Sent
E.Sam

Activity: 393

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 04:48:27 PM

Sent as well.
elmwar

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 05:30:33 PM

I'm new to the forum and just came across this.  As a labcoin investor from IPO, I'd like to join the complaint if possible.  Was only recently able to send Virtualspade a PM.  Hopefully it's not too late for me.  But the more important thing is getting justice and preventing these types of things from happening again.  Does anyone know of a group or organization addressing investment fraud in the bitcoin world?  What exactly are exchanges doing to verify companies?  I understand there are warnings posted and risk is understood, but are the exchanges doing anything to check before listing an IPO?

TsuyokuNaritai

Activity: 574

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 10:00:45 PM

anyone here already sent their info to the lawyer?  want to make sure i'm not the only one sending sensitive documents (copy of passport) to a person i've never met...

Sent  Undecided
Has anyone checked them out at all?

I did a quick amateurish check - it really is the National Bar Council's website, the email there matches the one in Virtualspade's message (I was a little concerned there were only 2 Google hits for the work email we were given, & it doesn't match the one on their web page, but that's probably just to prevent spam) that entry is the only one with that name showing up in a search for Brescia, and that Brescia, the name, address etc. match that on the lawyer's web page, which has enough links to it to look legit, and their address looks on google maps like there would be a real law firm there. But I was hoping at least one other person would check them out a little before sending their passport and trading history...

finlof

Activity: 630

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 01:37:20 AM

sent
dbooga

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 05:57:35 AM

I am also hesitant with giving my personal ID documents to someone I don't know. Is there any more information on this lawyer so that I can decide whether I can trust this or not? I'm just being cautious.
chaostheorist

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 07:53:21 AM

Sent!

So obviously there are a lot of people not trusting VirtualSpade and his due diligence. If you're afraid to send documents needed to a lawyer for a lawsuit and potential to recover BTCs back then why in the hell are you willing to spend BTC on a company you knew nothing about. (I'm sure most people here will lie and say I did my background check on this company and they were legit) Obviously not since from the get go everyone would have looked into Fabrizio and his past negligences. I for one didn't I just bought IPO and was looking for some quick BTCs. It bit me in the ass but it was something I was willing to lose. VS obviously went way out of his way to get the ball rolling when others would not. He may not be in the same country as the lawyer but I'm sure he still verified this guy and we already sent him how much more BTC people donated. If he was going to run (the Lawyer) he could have already done that with a decent amount of BTCs for free.

Sorry for the rant I'm tired of reading comments of people complaining on here when they all want action taken against these people but now they're afraid to send a document of a passport or ID.
lzr1900

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 10:22:28 AM

sent.hope we can punish alberto through justice
dbooga

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 10:37:33 AM

Well I guess I have nothing to lose so, sent!
FinnTheHuman

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 07:06:02 PM

Just wanted to voice my support for everything said here.  Would gladly give 5/10 percent to VS and the legal team.  I lost my shirt in this debacle too.  Does anyone know how much is still needed for lawyer fees, I would like to contribute. 

@VirtualSpade - I PM'd you earlier today about joining the complaint, please get back to me at your earliest convenience.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: