Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:09:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin banned in social media?  (Read 548 times)
shekhar0005

Activity: 65
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2018, 09:14:23 AM

All Social Media platforms (Facebook & group, twitter as well as Google) have banned the advertisement of cryptocurrencies in their platform.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
selezneve

Activity: 132
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 09:18:56 AM

is that real or fake news?...
i am confused of what people are disccussing about banning all cryptos and altcoins in social media,how should we know that its real or not...
im scared,because like me this is the way that i participate in bounty campaign,how can i participate those bounties if theres no twitter and facebook update for cryptos..

Some of the websites are going to stop crypto related advertisements but there is nothing called banning crypto on social media websites. People can still make posts, pages or groups related to crypto and share such information with other people.

I think that many new social channels like Telegram are supported because of so many crypto loving people using it. Crypto is here to stay whether these companies allow crypto advertisements or not as many people have adopted this technology.

crazymelons12

Activity: 238
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 09:22:45 AM

Social media banned cryptocurrencies for this reason I know. There are too many scammers that have participated in the rise of digital coins. And the owners of the site were alarmed with the idea that there sites or pages are used for such a criminal act. Too many have been scammed. I think we need to solve scams first.
Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1004

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 09:26:05 AM

well, although there has been news that social media has banned advertising crypto, but honestly crypto is still very easy to find. I even saw some crypto ads on facebook a few days ago. but I do not know, it's probably just a trading ad. at least it's related.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Dodoymabs

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 09:26:37 AM

Not yet fully implemented, I still see some Facebook groups having advertised with their own respective coins without even receiving any likes or comment making it look like just a spam or a bot to Facebook. Maybe this is also the reason why Facebook planned it in the first place. If such coins could receive an appropriate attention then I don't think Facebook would really plan to ban it. It could either be just a waste of space in the network or it could be because of bots making accounts then posting those garbage offers in investments.

Well, we can't fully confirmed about banning of crypto in the social media. Some would say that only ICO ads that are being banned but I still see some of my friends sharing about crypto ads. So, I think this is just another form of FUDs that could somehow destroying the crypto world. Also, we can't really guarantee about some ICOs are not legit because some of them are just scamming people.
julielyn

Activity: 186

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 09:31:55 AM

i am confused of what people are disccussing about banning all cryptos and altcoins in social media,how should we know that its real or not...
im scared,because like me this is the way that i participate in bounty campaign,how can i participate those bounties if theres no twitter and facebook update for cryptos..

There is no news that is now released on tv or on the radio so we do not have to panic while there are crypto currencies and many more invest in bitcoin can not really banned the bitcoin in today's stable bitcoin panicle and we do not know better yet the speed of the bitcoin is advisable not to let us believe in the false news that bitcoin is banned now just keep on bitcoin bitcoin so powerful today on social media unlikely to be banned in social media.
long8899

Activity: 202
Merit: 18

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 09:34:59 AM

I think it is a fake news, because you can still advertise bitcoin or other coins in twitter and facebook

maybe this news is used for decreasing the price of bitcoin

UAE Seasider

Activity: 700
Merit: 110

Helios Protocol https://discord.gg/cpzAEMB

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 09:37:18 AM

It is not a reality as I am still receiving paid for adverts each day on Facebook that feature crypto and or ICO. I think I saw clarification saying the ban would only be in place on countries that were against ICO. So to say its banned in social media is overdoing the truth.

HELIOS PROTOCOL ★ ✅[DAG]✅[BLOCKCHAIN]✅[PoS]✅[Masternodes] ✈✈✈[weekly Airdrop][join our discord to qualify]✈✈✈
 ▬▬  Mainnet Launched  |  Parallel Blockchain  ▬▬ 
 ▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ Website  |  Github  |  Bitcointalk  |  Bounties  |Discord  |  telegram▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐
rodztan

Activity: 60

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 09:37:53 AM

Bitcoin might be banned from social media bitcoin is strong in social media, it's not just as destructive as it believes in it and many bitcoin investors and still keep crypto money and others can not be banned bitcoin in social media really fuzzy.
SlickTight

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 09:43:25 AM

Not at all are ban, many social media's are accepting bitcoin. Facebook admin said that they will ban the ads in facebook that is related to bitcoin, not the bitcoin itself.
mayu13

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 09:54:07 AM

Banning cryptos in social media was heard months ago. Some members are complaining that their work are being blocked by it. Some are fidgeting about it. I don't really know how and when it was started but I think that social media especially facebook are trying to banned crypto ads because they look at them as their competitors and in the near future they are planning to put up their own crypto so they are taking down slowly their competitors. Just an out of the blue wild guess.
oppasong

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 09:56:59 AM

social media is banned bitcoin but it's just facebook and twiteer and not all social media forbids cryptocurreny so that bitcoin has decreased in price.
metenjean

Activity: 854
Merit: 140

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 10:01:08 AM

Its true but it was made for ads that promoting through twitter and fb which means they wont be accepting new paying ads about crypto. Sharing and retweeting something didn't get banned because its user's right and although they ban cryptocurrencies ads, the main idea was to decrease scam ICOs and also filtering spamming new coin ads everyday while bitcoin didn't even need advertising from the beginning because these kind of news is already a free publication.  Grin Grin
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 10:03:50 AM

Thats for real, bitcoin paid advertisements will be banned soon on social medias. You dont have to be scared if your sole purpose is just to join to bounty campaigns. As I've said that only those paid advertisements are the ones that are affected and who knows if any related post about bitcoin on social medias will also be affected but I don't think so.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
JaxxBoll

Activity: 124

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 10:09:14 AM

Previously 2 weeks I have heard bitcoin is banned for advertising on facebook and google. But I see it does not affect the price of this market much. Because I think there is a market in this market to advertise it.
Hazaki

Activity: 406
Merit: 156

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 10:17:06 AM

Bitcoin and other cryptos ads haven't been really "banned" from social media such as Facebook , twitter and google ads . What have been banned is ads to push ICOs since such companies policies don't agree with promoting for investment since all of that can turn up bad for their customers and can therefore engender problems for the platform that promoted for such fake/loosing projects .
But you still can use such social media for campaigns through your posts and shares on the groups/pages and these platforms won't mind that .
So they are just banning the payed ads that appears on the sides of the pages or randomly in the news feed , but whatever is shared by real people / page owners won't be affected by such decisions .
Rosilito

Activity: 658
Merit: 274

Wish for the rain? Then deal with the mud too.

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 10:19:28 AM

Well, some social media does not want an advertising stuffs or some things that would be endorse freely or without having their consent. Since bitcoin is decentralized means there are no people controlling it or managing it to keep it running then it would simply means that advertising bitcoin is free and social media platforms does not want it may be they don't get even have a benefit it endorsing it.
nethan1btc

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 10:22:54 AM

As far as a know bitcoin is still exist in social media which you will see any advertising ad that will pop up on your screen taking about the different ICO projects or any related all about crypto currency. Well, as a matter in fact to be banned in different sites is not easy at all which on my own perception because many ICO paid the different ad on the social media as well as the different bounty campaigns like facebook and Twitter which is the most visited sites throughout the cyberworld since as of this moment crypto related is still exists.
Yassin

Activity: 233
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 10:23:18 AM

the news about banning crypto ads on social media is true, but I know it's for paid advertisements as other people explain, because I know facebook has banned crypto ads from January but until now there are still crypto ads. and I think banning ads on social media to filter out crypto cheating.
so while advertising without paying I do not think it will be banned by social media.
bitcoinmaniac52

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 10:24:39 AM

Bitcoin is not banned in social media. The things that got banned are ICO Ads and they were banned because most of these Ads were being used to scam unsuspecting users who were willing to get in the market but didn't know how to go about it, if we are being honest with ourselves, the Ads ban did more good than harm to the market because those scams were not good for the market anyway.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██