Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:40:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: shared send vs. shared coins - blockchain.info service  (Read 9904 times)
pajak666 (OP)

Activity: 746
Merit: 502

Looking for advertising deal

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 06:25:38 PM

What is actuall difference between shared send & shared coins.
To my logic both do the same thing.
Can someone explain it a bit more what is the reason one has different fee from another?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xephyr

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 01:51:52 AM

Second that request, what is the difference between the two services? Or is blockchain.info using two names for the same service?
sangaman

Activity: 342

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2013, 03:38:12 PM

Here's my understanding:

Shared send is like a traditional mixing service. You send bitcoins, and your destination address receives bitcoins that came from someone else. No link in the blockchain between your input and output if all is done correctly.

Shared coin uses coinjoin. You send bitcoins in a transaction that includes a bunch of different people sending bitcoins as well. The result is one big jumble where it's difficult to tell which inputs and outputs are related. The link between your input and output in this case still exists but is obfuscated significantly. This option also has no fees besides the network fees.
xephyr

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 05:34:01 PM

Here's my understanding:

Shared send is like a traditional mixing service. You send bitcoins, and your destination address receives bitcoins that came from someone else. No link in the blockchain between your input and output if all is done correctly.

Shared coin uses coinjoin. You send bitcoins in a transaction that includes a bunch of different people sending bitcoins as well. The result is one big jumble where it's difficult to tell which inputs and outputs are related. The link between your input and output in this case still exists but is obfuscated significantly. This option also has no fees besides the network fees.

Thanks! After some searching that is also my understanding. The SharedCoin website is a bit confusing and makes SharedCoin appear to just be a clone of Send Shared. From the SharedCoin website:

"Coins send with shared send will be matched up with another user. When a match is found your coins will be swapped breaking the transaction chain from your own wallet. Coins will be swapped with multiple users making the chain even harder to follow."

The website for SharedCoin is using the description from Shared Send, and a coinjoin mixer is never mentioned.
OhMyDayum

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 07:55:32 PM

completely don't get how this works. Can anyone please help me? Let's say I have BTC on wallet A in blockchain. I want to send those BTC to another person on his blockchain wallet B, in a way that our addresses A and B are not linked in any way! How do I do it with a blockchain shared send or shared coin? Thanks in advance! Roll Eyes
sangaman

Activity: 342

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 08:38:36 PM

completely don't get how this works. Can anyone please help me? Let's say I have BTC on wallet A in blockchain. I want to send those BTC to another person on his blockchain wallet B, in a way that our addresses A and B are not linked in any way! How do I do it with a blockchain shared send or shared coin? Thanks in advance! Roll Eyes

If you want the payments to be not linked in any way, at least not a way than an outside observer can detect, use shared send. That has a higher fee though, I believe it's also slower.

If you are satisfied with a link that's substantially obfuscated and hard to connect, use shared coin. The fees are much lower there especially for large amounts.
OhMyDayum

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 03:01:05 AM

If you want the payments to be not linked in any way, at least not a way than an outside observer can detect, use shared send. That has a higher fee though, I believe it's also slower.

If you are satisfied with a link that's substantially obfuscated and hard to connect, use shared coin. The fees are much lower there especially for large amounts.

Hey. Thanks for the explanation.
But how do I exactly send bitcoins through shared send at blockchain's site? Does the receiver have to create a shared address and then give me that address so that I can send to that address my bitcoins throught shared send? Or can I send him bitcoins directly to his wallet through shared send even if he's not using blockchain? I need a step by step tutorial lols. Thank you!
xephyr

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 04:55:38 AM
Last edit: November 28, 2013, 06:08:17 AM by xephyr

Visit https://blockchain.info/wallet/send-shared if you do not want your IP connected to the transaction use a VPN or Tor

Enter the address where you will be sending bitcoins to and click the button 'create new forwarding address' then follow instructions, you will be presented with an address to send the bitcoin to in order to have them forwarded to the destination address. It will take a couple of hours before the coins you send arrive at the destination address, on a high volume market day it can take 24-48 hours, so be patient. If you are in a hurry use the Shared Coin mixer instead which only takes a few minutes. Both mixers can be accessed from your blockchain.info wallet. You do not need a My Wallet account to use Send Shared.

OhMyDayum

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 04:56:17 PM

Visit https://blockchain.info/wallet/send-shared if you do not want your IP connected to the transaction use a VPN or Tor

Enter the address where you will be sending bitcoins to and click the button 'create new forwarding address' then follow instructions, you will be presented with an address to send the bitcoin to in order to have them forwarded to the destination address. It will take a couple of hours before the coins you send arrive at the destination address, on a high volume market day it can take 24-48 hours, so be patient. If you are in a hurry use the Shared Coin mixer instead which only takes a few minutes. Both mixers can be accessed from your blockchain.info wallet. You do not need a My Wallet account to use Send Shared.

https://axablends.com/merchants-accepting-bitcoin/sendshared3.png

yes! it worked! thank you very much good sir. so now it is almost impossible to tie the sender's wallet with the receiver's?
xephyr

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 08:29:11 PM

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: