Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:04:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What is Airdrop and how it works?
#Airdrop - 9 (75%)
#Cryptocurrency - 3 (25%)
Total Voters: 12

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Airdrop  (Read 555 times)
neo444

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 02:52:18 PM

Airdrops can be defined as the process whereby a cryptocurrency enterprise distributes cryptocurrency tokens to the wallets of some users free of charge

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Yudi96

Activity: 291
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 06:25:44 AM

airdrop is a dev way of distributing tokens for free, the way airdrop works just list and complete the task and be carefull in sending the indentity because a lot of airdrop scam could have your wallet and your gmail is cracked.
JLCoin

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 12:33:47 PM

There is an extensive article on the subject on bitcoinchaser.com: https://bitcoinchaser.com/?s=airdrop
Jeex

Activity: 364
Merit: 58

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 01:15:24 PM

What is Airdrop and how it works?

Airdrop is a free distribution of coins. You fill out an application, sometimes you need accounts in social networks (follow in Twitter, subscribe in Facebook), subscribe to a telegram group, etc. Each Airdrop has its own rules.

The best airdrop in which I participated was BTW (Bitcoin White). 1500 coins, which at one time cost 0.9 cents! But I participated in hundreds of Airdrops, and profit from each more than $ 1 is already good, since most airdrop do not even pay coins.
EQI

Activity: 25

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2018, 12:22:55 PM

Hello ICO Enthusiast,

To put it simply, an airdrop is what you could call a give-away of coins/tokens in exchange for a small effort. When a certain project or company in the cryptocurrency space wants to create buzz or hype around their product they launch an airdrop. This means that if you store your coins in a certain wallet or hold a certain coin you will get another coin/token deposited in your wallet for free. An example of this is that in 2017 holders of Ethereum got a certain amount of OmiseGo for free in a promotional effort for OmiseGo.

However we advise you to watch out with certain Airdrops, they are also methods for scammers to gain access to your data. Always check if these are actual airdrops on the official website of that company. Be careful when providing these companies with your personal details and never give information to these companies concerning your private keys.

With Kind Regards,
The Anycoin Direct team

Thank you very much! Scammers are getting more and more elaborate, though. Is there a more systematic way to detect when an airdrop is a scam?
cpk02

Activity: 233
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 08:59:08 AM

great way to earn token/coin freely
devzstudio

Activity: 64

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 02:40:20 PM

You will earn a small number of tokens by completing some small task. Most of the task will be joining in the telegram, follow on facebook, twitter, retweet etc.. The airdrop is used for marketing purpose.

For latest airdrop websites you can check https://coin-updates.com
Basic details about airdrop https://coin-updates.com/help

Telegram channel: https://t.me/updatescoin
cryptgangsta

Activity: 135

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 03:41:03 AM

You will earn a small number of tokens by completing some small task. Most of the task will be joining in the telegram, follow on facebook, twitter, retweet etc.. The airdrop is used for marketing purpose.

For latest airdrop websites you can check https://coin-updates.com
Basic details about airdrop https://coin-updates.com/help

Telegram channel: https://t.me/updatescoin

Thanks!
Erganadine2728

Activity: 43
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 11:14:20 AM

Lots of understanding airdrop. Airdrop is like an entrepreneur who wants to launch a token through a website so that their tokens are known to the public as well as among the investors of many telegrams. Airdrop is hard to understand but easy to follow .. but not many who have followed but do not come token that will be given .. For example I have every airdrop I follow there based on telegram facebook instagram youtube we have to follow. also based on KYC. Some are free there is also a paid to get tokens .. The difficult is a token-based purchase. If you do not have the hard money to get it ... Cry Cry
macdevil007

Activity: 692
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 11:25:41 AM

AIrdrop is a form of reward to community that will participate in a certain task. Ofcourse the main objective of this is to market and promote one product or service to social media, blog, Vlog or any other form to easily get attention of the public. Instead of paying or hiring marketing companies the best way and cheapest is to Airdrop.
Pitagora87

Activity: 77

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 02:17:57 PM

Airdrop​ ​is​ ​when​ ​a​ ​blockchain project distribute​s ​free​ ​tokens or​ ​coins ​to​ ​the​ ​community. Usually there are some ​requirements which u have to do to get tokens/coins , like : '' u should have tokens/coin from the relevant blockchain stored​ ​in​ ​your​ ​wallet.'' ; ''Promote community on social networks(twiter,fb...etc).'' ; ''Be acitve member of cummunity'' ... etc . Each airdrop have different requirements and plan of distribution , that depend of developers and admins , they are one who set it up. If u were wonder why is this happening the answer is that the project creates awareness about their token/coin. It brings people to the project that otherwise would not have owned or heard about it. It could lead to token price appreciation, since people value a token they own higher then a token they don't own. Point is to spread community and make awareness about token/coin , to trade with him and increase it's value. Airdrops are very good thing that could enhance your portfolio and which is also good thing u dont need all day for them , they are pretty easy. If u want to find some airdrops search here on bct forum there are many topics where u can find it , and even official threads in which is all descripted , or u can search all across the netwrok .I'm pretty sure u will find a good project , but be careful bcs there are lot of scams now , make some good research before u step in . I'm currently in active one ''PRiVCY coin'' and it's really good , fair distribution , good idea , great community . I would certainly recommend it to you and hope to helped you at least a little Cheesy .
leehana2018

Activity: 6

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 02:43:57 PM

As a way to spread awareness to the relevant audience of potential investors and eventual enthusiasts, coin teams will, from time-to-time, do airdrops.
coltblock

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 02:45:34 PM

it’s literally just free coins just waiting for you. haha
Daydream 61

Activity: 462
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 05:42:28 PM

Here you can get your first token with an airdrop. is super easy and no scam. and the token is already traded. sign up for the Zilliqa-Airdrop and get a total of 150 ZIL worth $15! read my signature  Wink good luck with 150 token for free
cryptoman1111

Activity: 53

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 07:54:44 PM

I find more Airdrop-Bounty like than real Airdrop at the moment where Devs try to foster a community
More and more Airdrop require people to be active on Discord and/or Bitcointalk.
vucuong16101997

Activity: 308
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 08:45:52 PM

That's what I know about it
 - "First of all, let’s focus on the airdrop cryptocurrency meaning. What does airdrop mean? Maybe you’re a newbie in the crypto world. And it’s better to know what you’re dealing with… So, a crypto airdrop, coin airdrop or cryptocurrency airdrop, is a limited time event created by coin projects to promote their crypto-currencies. How? By distributing tokens or coins to early adopters, for free. In other terms, projects airdrop coin. While there aren’t many requirements to get free airdrop coins 2018, you may have to work a little (create a post, like a page etc.). Or even to share some personal information (share your Facebook profile or give access to your contact list). Also you may need to be active in the crypto-community. Indeed, some crypto-airdrops are restricted and noobs can’t get in… In addition, you may require some coins from a specified blockchain in your wallet. Most likely for bitcoin airdrop or ethereum drop, because they’re the most popular out there. But a free coin airdrop can be done on any blockchain. However, ethereum is dominating the cryptocurrency giveaway industry, with their ERC20 and ERC223 tokens. And that’s very convenient, to have all your airdrop coins in the same wallet! Here are all the listed ethereum airdrops. And this brings me to the best part: You can receive free coins anytime, without even knowing about it! Indeed, some platforms give away tokens to people holding some of their coins, just like that. Therefore, I’d recommend you to hold a little bit of the most popular coins in your portfolio. And enjoy as many freebies as possible! Also, don’t worry too much about the requirements now. Because I’m not only offering an airdrop tracker, with a list of airdrops. But I’ll also explain how to get free tokens for all upcoming airdrops!"
Daydream 61

Activity: 462
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:32:39 PM

Im beginner, but from my understanding, airdrop is free token/coin which certain exchange will drop. In order to have this free token , we must follow their instruction given and term.

Yes. Very good !!!
Today there is still a nice airdrop where there are 150 tokens. the link to the airdrop is in my signature... and this airdrop is also worth something. you can see it on the picture

vailuread

Activity: 213

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2018, 01:11:47 PM

Airdrop is a free token given by the participants who follow it by completing the task. Examples follow twitter, liked facebook page, joined telegram group. And you must have wallet to receive the token
Kunaguero94

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 02:51:22 PM

Airdrop means running free token / electronic money into a user's wallet. This is a fairly new concept in the electronic money world. A lot of people have made hundreds of dollars from electronic airdrop episodes. So exactly, what is airdrop?

In the electronic money space, airdrop is the registration of accounts and referrals others register the account of the unpaid coin to receive the token free.

Basically, an airdrop is given when a development team, a company or a community allocates the tokens to the user for free.

Airdrop is often used for ICO, with the aim of promoting the brand as well as stimulating excitement for the project.

Some airdrops were launched unexpectedly, but others were well planned and communicated.

Airdrops are well prepared before launch, often playing a part in a comprehensive marketing strategy to resonate.

On the other hand, airdrops launched unexpectedly can boost community and achieve the same goal, but it's a gamble and tends to make a splash only if it comes from one coin. pre-established encryption.
chaserdream11

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 03:43:22 PM

AirDrop is a way of distributing the coins for much wider audience. ICO's are usually targeted by whales and as a result they buy huge bags , while those without capital would be left behind. While airdrops are being misused these days , where every coin you see is proving a small airdrop for joining telegram, discord and other things. These coins wont even be worth a thing in long run and they are only done to increase their base number.
Also there are airdrops like Nano (Captcha Faucet) and DeepOnion (Bounty, Signature and other ways) which really serve the purpose of airdrops. So hope to see more coins with such a distribution. DeepOnion is still continuing its airdrops through its new platform VoteCentral. Do check it out if interested Smiley

https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1125662
DeepOnion ⚡ Anonymous & Untraceable Cryptocurrency
⚡ Join DeepOnion Team NOW! ⚡
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: