Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:43:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do we need to regulate digital money  (Read 5007 times)
Aryadwipanggah

Activity: 350
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 01:31:16 AM

I think the government's regulation of bitcoin is too much because in my observations bitcoin is not a financial threat to the government, the perception of crimes in crypto like it is not a strong reason because crime is not just in the crypto world and the gossip about crypto as a crime media is just a conspiracy to create panic.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ngano ba

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 01:49:29 AM

I think the government's regulation of bitcoin is too much because in my observations bitcoin is not a financial threat to the government, the perception of crimes in crypto like it is not a strong reason because crime is not just in the crypto world and the gossip about crypto as a crime media is just a conspiracy to create panic.

Bitcoin and cryptocurrency, do not need really a regulation, because this technology having worked and survive for a long period of time, and does not create any chaos in the digital business, so this digital money need not to be regulated unless the government will accept it as one of the national currency in the country so it will be regulated.
Bitcoininvestment

Activity: 244
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 02:02:50 AM

Anonymous transactions using cryptocurrency seems to be really abused these days because of the different high paying crimes right now. People are really choosing the profit over legality which makes the cryptocurrency have a bad reputation. Anonimity ob transactions is really helpful to us since it aldo allows us to be free from goverment taxes. Crytocurrency also changes its value depending on the demand which makes it a source of investment but could also be really risky. Still there are lots of flaws in cryptocurrency that is needed to be solved first before we will be able to use the different cryptocurrencies officialy.

jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2018, 02:03:34 AM

I don't think a regulation is too much. I do think it is needed because many people are abusing the nature of it being unregulated. Many are being too cocky because they know that they will not be held accountable because there is no regulation yet but when there is regulation then those scammers would be at least reduced. For example when someone is launching an ICO, the team would be required to register so that when they are known, they would not be able to just run away with investors money since they know that the authorities know them.

XFlowZion

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 03:03:14 AM

Crime is always the reason why we have to impose it. Small transactions would not be taken seriously by our government at all so we don't have to be afraid of regulation because they are after bigger transactions. But I hope that small transactions can be allowed to be anonymous.
cryptojac17

Activity: 490
Merit: 107

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 03:10:11 AM

Crime is always the reason why we have to impose it. Small transactions would not be taken seriously by our government at all so we don't have to be afraid of regulation because they are after bigger transactions. But I hope that small transactions can be allowed to be anonymous.
If really our purpose are in good fate regulation is  good for protection of criminality, but  if it handle by the government it would also entail taxation and control by central bank.  Because as of now we are incognito to the government what happen either good or bad no body will protect as.

Yoyo chan

Activity: 78
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 03:50:36 AM

For me, there needs to be a certain degree of regulation. Regulation is really necessary to build trust for people so that Crypto currency can be trusted and to also avoid those project created without no purpose rather than to collect money from ICO and dump coin on investors.
bstewart

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 05:47:31 AM

For me, there needs to be a certain degree of regulation. Regulation is really necessary to build trust for people so that Crypto currency can be trusted and to also avoid those project created without no purpose rather than to collect money from ICO and dump coin on investors.

Understandable but realize that the reason why you can make so much money in crypto is precisely because it is not currently regulated. Regulation often hurts the people it claims to help. And greater security ruins and chance at taking risk and receiving bigger reward.
Trimegistus
Legendary

Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 10:19:56 PM

Understandable but realize that the reason why you can make so much money in crypto is precisely because it is not currently regulated. Regulation often hurts the people it claims to help. And greater security ruins and chance at taking risk and receiving bigger reward.

Ok, then let's forget all about stability and credibility, right? Crypto will keep on being regarded as a realm for criminals and scam artists. And it is partially true!

rodskee

Activity: 2366
Merit: 191

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 10:29:19 PM

I am not agree digital money to regulate should we know why I'm not agree cryptocurrency become regulated no need to explain what is the reason.

But they have possible to become regulated and i will accept that if tcryptocurrency become better status in the world of currency why not.

uozer

Activity: 381

PRiVCY

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 10:44:39 PM

Regulation comes after acceptance by the Government of the economy in question. As much as the Digital currency is deregulated in it's own capacity, where there is no single central authority, regulating it by Government shall prone the coin to be more advanced and grow bigger in larger community, hereby proper usage among mass population shall be obvious. Because, big companies like Google social media and facebook shall also incorrigibly come as additional aids to the digital coins success putting the community's mind at rest as to scamfree or secured on line digital currency in circle on the coins.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
robocop3

Activity: 375
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 10:50:39 PM

regulate digital money is difficult and i think the market is the best tool, people will buy good projects and sell  scam projects coins.
Lazada

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 10:58:57 PM

yes it is appropriate because the crypto condition is still unregulated which has given us the opportunity to be able to achieve much greater profits. not yet made a regulation then the price of crypto could have changed very quickly. well this condition that makes us able to take advantage of good momentum. crypto offers many benefits and that is a consequence when we have to accept also the risks that may occur.
Liternyy

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 11:06:34 PM

In the case of crypto currency, you can not artificially adjust the offer. There is no Central Bank, which could satisfy the wishes of customers. If initially seen in virtual money as a replacement for fiat funds, now tokens are becoming a fuel for the development of projects. Therefore, buyers of digital coins count on the success of start-ups, in which they invested.
KennyR

Activity: 2282
Merit: 532

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 11:12:21 PM

There is no need of regulating bitcoin, because in the past bitcoin was completely functioning on a decentralized platform and that added value to it. Now, with more and more regulatory compliance the decentralized functioning is getting affected. To overcome the same it need to be allowed to grow independently. Only thing good with regulation is for the users who fear of decentralization can have trust and invest.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Grayy

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 11:26:28 PM

Sometimes I give regulation a little backing because of the number of scam ICOs operating under the false pretext of being in cryptocurrency. But I also think regulation could somewhat make the regulatory bodies charge an outrageous amount of cryptos or money for their services.
Vickyrichy

Activity: 209
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 11:39:53 PM

Digital currency is to change the world, many of which were positive, to a certain extent, they pose a containment of the government, gave the people an alternative, but that doesn't mean they don't need to be regulated.

One of the core reason is: anonymous, do not track, not regulated digital currency will make form a closed loop technology crime, money laundering and terrorist, and disappear from unsolved bits, bytes, while the impact damage with each person in this world.

If every penny of extortion is tracked, is there enough motivation and courage to launch a WannaCry to attack the world?
I understand that you see this as a problem, but do you know that closed loop technology crime, money laundering and terrorist existed long before the creation of digital currency, bitcoin to be precise?. Bitcoin is a decentralized cryptocurrency  that means no other third party takes part in the transaction of cryptocurrency .It is a peer to peer transaction done by the users only. Transactions of cryptocurrency need no identification or verification . It is also a virtual currency that can be exchanged for fiat currency. It is an acceptable form of payment to purchase goods and services
Gameroid

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 11:47:35 PM

There is no need of regulating bitcoin, because in the past bitcoin was completely functioning on a decentralized platform and that added value to it. Now, with more and more regulatory compliance the decentralized functioning is getting affected. To overcome the same it need to be allowed to grow independently. Only thing good with regulation is for the users who fear of decentralization can have trust and invest.
To regulate bitcoin means to give a legal status to bitcoin in your country. you can then use bitcoin  in your country for anything freely and lawfully, if it is not going to regulate you will not be allowed from your government side to use bitcoin as legal currency for different activities, and your activities will most be restricted.
yansen

Activity: 588
Merit: 106

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 12:11:26 AM

yes sir, digital currencies like bitcoin and altcoin require regulations, other than because of anonymous, fluctuations in the price make crypto currency does not work by name. currency needs a fixed and stable value. so it can be used to assess an object. the current case of crypto currency is a commodity, and not as a currency.
elwiswoodie

Activity: 378
Merit: 16

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 12:22:49 AM

because the owners of digital currency, also want to get a clear protection, of course this will make its own comfort for the owners of cryptocurrency
I am also very much waiting for the moment where a cryptocurrency holder starts to be protected by the rule of law
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: