Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Day trading and heavy manipulation  (Read 1805 times)
kalashnikovski

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 04:00:52 PM

Not doing a predictions. Just to have a bet on the more real  result. If you will be control your risks than later you will be have a income. The better to doing technical analysis on the crypto- currency market because  very a lot false news in this system.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Yaunfitda

Activity: 2828
Merit: 575

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 08:36:25 PM

I have been day trading Bitcoin for a few months now. Overall I'm pretty much making nothing and losing nothing. It seems to me that there is no logic at all to the market. No matter how much research you do, how much you look at the technical's and how much you try to hedge you absolutely can't predict the massive dumps that happen every day. They appear out of nowhere at random times and drop the market by $200 - $300 at a time.

This smacks of huge manipulation of the market. They are making it impossible to trade with bitcoin in any way other than a pure gamble. Anyone else noticing this?

Yes, its pretty obvious that you will see a huge jump then suddenly in matter of minutes the price goes -300%. So it really doesn't make sense to day trade.

Good that you look at it like gambling, very unpredictable and whatever tools you used are useless once those manipulators started to used their "magic wand" and turn the price to their favor.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
boy130

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 08:45:32 PM

Day trading at times of market uncertainties are more risky than otherwise because of exactly that; the market can get manipulated and you could be making the wrong investment.
focacho1

Activity: 279
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 09:31:58 PM

At the moment when the panic reaches its apogee, there may be a cue ball and will unfold its trend and go up. Probably whales specially do so.
richminded

Activity: 798
Merit: 268

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 09:45:46 PM

Day trading at times of market uncertainties are more risky than otherwise because of exactly that; the market can get manipulated and you could be making the wrong investment.
Its good that the OP don’t lose much money on day trading because of this price manipulation. Yes, TA and other things that you do before you trade is useless especially when the market is in bear one. Day trading is too risky, that’s why its not advisable for inexperienced one, cryptomarket are being manipulated believe it ot not.
Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 10:24:04 PM

Its good that the OP don’t lose much money on day trading because of this price manipulation. Yes, TA and other things that you do before you trade is useless especially when the market is in bear one. Day trading is too risky, that’s why its not advisable for inexperienced one, cryptomarket are being manipulated believe it ot not.
At first I was thinking that I can make a lot of money with day trading, I was wrong. Now I trade but I wait a long time before I sell, when it comes to buying I`m trying to buy just coins that have potentially great future, and when I get into I wait for months sometimes. When I quit day trading and started with mid and long term trading thats the moment when I started to make serious money. Ripple from 0.3$ I sold at 2$, IOTA from 0.5$ I sold at 2 dollars, but that was a little mistake, IOTA had top at 4,5$. Its best to buy when prices are down, and wait, if you don`t wish double profit wait for longer and you will achieve that, only if you get into right coin, and for me thats trading, buying the right coin in the right time.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 11:46:55 PM

When I quit day trading and started with mid and long term trading thats the moment when I started to make serious money.
That's because day trading is somewhat similar to gambling. In most cases traders don't even care what coin they day trade as long as it is volatile. It's too stressing and not really worth the time in my opinion.

It's not for nothing that the amount of bots has been increasing throughout the years. Instead of people wasting their time staring at tickers all day, they have their bot doing all the work for them.

The thing with trading in general is that most people don't feel comfortable doing so during a bear market, especially with how manipulation through derivative platforms as BitMEX is another factor to closely monitor.

I have taken enough distance from trading just because of that. It makes no sense for me to expose myself to these risks. Being a hodler is way easier and pretty much risk free.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
pawanjain

Activity: 2646
Merit: 713

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 07:20:13 AM

I have been day trading Bitcoin for a few months now. Overall I'm pretty much making nothing and losing nothing. It seems to me that there is no logic at all to the market. No matter how much research you do, how much you look at the technical's and how much you try to hedge you absolutely can't predict the massive dumps that happen every day. They appear out of nowhere at random times and drop the market by $200 - $300 at a time.

This smacks of huge manipulation of the market. They are making it impossible to trade with bitcoin in any way other than a pure gamble. Anyone else noticing this?
Yes buddy that is exactly what I am thinking for a few months now but could really do nothing about it. Trading is not trading but gambling in crypto now. No analysis could make us prediction the price . The only factor that most of the times derive the price fluctuations is news. News related to crypto derives the price all over the world since peopl react to it. Most of the times it results in a panic sell.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
supermine

Activity: 826
Merit: 518

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 08:03:08 AM

The day trading can be profitable if we only understand the logic behind the price movements of bitcoin and it is hard to predict the moments for now since the prices were going stable at the moment but normally it will be swingy.And as you said in the long term you will made nothing by giving this much effort to the day trading o you need to be a holder if you want profits in long term.
lordmick

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 08:52:59 AM

Of course every day we are confronted with manipulations, strong market movement, rumors and scam projects. But trader have to make right decision according to technical and fundamental analysis. Successful day trading requires a lot of time, concentration, and most importantly constant learning. You have to explore many news and rumors every day. So if you learn to identify uptrend and beginning of downtrend you will earn more money than lose.
Pamahaw
Copper Member

Activity: 269
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 09:10:30 AM

Not doing a predictions. Just to have a bet on the more real  result. If you will be control your risks than later you will be have a income. The better to doing technical analysis on the crypto- currency market because  very a lot false news in this system.
Even doing technical analysis can't offset the manipulation done by the whales. Whatever direction they want bitcoin will go it will be done. That is why doing day trading in my own opinion is not profitable anymore and it would be like gambling that really dependent on luck.
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 09:48:30 AM

The whales and the professionals are the one making money from this market and you have to be able to develop your skills and experience in other to make money from day trading. You cannot just invest into the market without having adequate knowledge one how trading works.
Yamifoud

Activity: 2730
Merit: 517

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 02:24:21 PM

The whales and the professionals are the one making money from this market and you have to be able to develop your skills and experience in other to make money from day trading. You cannot just invest into the market without having adequate knowledge one how trading works.
Market manipulation isn't new to us,  in fact it is exist since from the start and it is getting showy now as a lot of people trying to do so. We cant stop them  actually and only we can do is to keep safe from doing trades in front of them.

▄██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀░
███████████▀▄░█
██████████░███░
███████▀▀░▀▀█▀▀
█████▀░░░░░░░▀▄
█████░░░░░░░░░█
█████▄░░░░░░░▄▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄███
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄██████████████
███████████████
████████████▀██
█████████▀▀░░░▀
████████░░░░░░░
██████░░░░░░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░
██████▄░░░░▄▄▄░
█████████▀▀░░░▀
████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄██████████████
███████████████
██████████▀▀▀▀▀
███████▀░▀█▄░░░
██████░░░░░█▄░▄
█████░░▄▄▄▄▄██▀
█████▀▀▀░░░░▄█▄
█████░░░▄▄█▀▀░█
██████▄█▀▀░░░░▀
███████▄▄░░░░░░
██████████▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
█████████████░████████████
████████████▀▄████████████
█████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████
████░░░██░██░░░░█░░░░░████
████░░░▄▄▀▄▄░░▀▀▄▀▀░░░████
████▄░░▀▀░▀▀░░░░▀░░░░▄████
█████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█████
▀████████████████████████▀
BitBerau

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 02:25:59 PM

Every market is manipulated in one way or another, you just have to take advantage of the manipulation lol.
Hell-raiser

Activity: 462
Merit: 515

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 04:19:43 PM

It is the same with any market out there, not just with Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency. In fact, this matter has been discussed many times at great length already and not just here, at bitcointalk. Most financial markets are typically a zero-sum game and given that there are always entities and individuals who can milk the market in some way, for example, through arbitrage or insider info, your only chance of success is pure luck. In plain terms, that means you are gambling most of the time. Or did you really think of yourself as some exceptional trader who could easily outperform the rest of the pack?

As the saying goes, whatever you try to do has already been tried and it didn't work.
berrygood

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2018, 04:34:26 PM

While there is no logic in day trading, even if there is it changes a lot, also daily fluctuations are prone to heavy manipulation. Therefore most lose money in day trading.

Reid

Activity: 2870
Merit: 642

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 05:32:14 PM

Why do I have that same impression? Grin
It is not a good thing but I do see it like that and it is also the reason I stopped trading bitcoin.

Switched to other coins and made my way into making profits better than doing it with bitcoin.

Maybe you should try it too.
Altcoins have a higher possibility of profit. Why? You can own millions of it and somehow you could be one of the whales for the cheapest price.
Hell-raiser

Activity: 462
Merit: 515

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 07:15:05 PM

If you understood how the market works you would stay away from day trading entirely. As others have said, it is mostly gambling, and I would like to add that it is gambling with a house edge. In that case, the longer you gamble, the higher are your chances for accumulating losses as you can't take money from the dudes you mentioned, the whales and the professionals. These are either going for sure profits or staying away from the market. Unlike many of us, they don't gamble.

And when they are looking for profits, it means you losing money because their profits are your losses, as simple as that.
maxreish

Activity: 1330
Merit: 326

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 08:13:21 AM

Manipulation in the market always exist. But i agree that trading is also considered as a gambling. You make a bet, you win or you lose. It is a game which is highly manipulated by whales. If you are an altcoin trader, indicators are a big help to do a buy low and sell high. Same with a margin and swing trader. But definitely, when whales are already playing, indicators are being useless.
Kira_lapa

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 09:03:24 AM

Yes indeed. Currently, the market is unpredictable as much as possible. I also think that there are market manipulations so that most traders panicked and sold their coins. In general, trading is the flow of money from the pockets of some players into the pockets of others.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: