Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:35:06 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: XMR-stak-JK 2.10.7 Compiled with no devfee (Updated: 2019-8-18)  (Read 28564 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (4 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
RaidoP2

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 12:49:20 PM

Thanks for compiling this! Has anyone tried with R9 380 or R9 380x cards? What are the best settings?
JaredKaragen (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2018, 07:10:12 PM

Thanks for compiling this! Has anyone tried with R9 380 or R9 380x cards? What are the best settings?

Not sure about AMD, I only have an RX560 on hand for testing.   Outside input is greatly appreciated, but since it seems to support the old HD cards, so I think the other R series cards should be supported.

Ill have to go over the code... I am still figuring out how the dev wrote the app; but I think ive figured out how the containers work and the different functions of the app work;   If I can understand how to create a second thread for vegas;  than im sure hashrate would possibly bump up.   Don't get your hopes up on this;  it is pretty complicated and im trying to better understand the code....

My grand idea in the end is to be able to incorporate all of the open source miner apps into one.   Not expecting this to happen, but it is a goal.

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
cpryd

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 04:32:38 PM

Why not read the manual:

Code:
"gpu_thread_num" : 2,
"gpu_threads_conf" : [
  // gpu: gfx901 memory:3920
  // compute units: 56
  { "index" : 0, "intensity" : 1932, "worksize" : 8, "affine_to_cpu" : false, "strided_index" : 1, "mem_chunk" : 2, "comp_mode" : false
  },
  { "index" : 0, "intensity" : 1932, "worksize" : 8, "affine_to_cpu" : false, "strided_index" : 1, "mem_chunk" : 2, "comp_mode" : false
  },

],
JaredKaragen (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2018, 09:42:02 PM
Last edit: August 03, 2018, 11:36:23 AM by JaredKaragen

Why not read the manual:

Code:
"gpu_thread_num" : 2,
  // gpu: gfx901 memory:3920
  // compute units: 56
  },
  },

],

That looks like it should work at first glance;  but if I were to fix it, I would be adding it to be automatically assigned multiple threads when it senses a vega... assuming I can understand the code to that point to make such a change.

A similar issue arises with i3-6100/i3-7100 CPU's.  Its  a 2 core 4 thread, but the app only detects and sets it up as a 2 core 2 thread for some reason.   my i7-920, and many other CPU's detect and assign all threads fine.  not sure what causes this.  *edit* normal behavior as this is HyperThreading taking effect.

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

JaredKaragen (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2018, 11:00:35 PM

Updated original post with a download for alternate AMD and nvidia DLL's.  They have given better performance on some older AMD cards, so if you had low results, might wanna give them a try.

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

rs1x

Activity: 284
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:29:26 AM

nice work @JaredKaragen
RIGED

Activity: 182
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 04:29:25 PM

can you please post the code and placement of the command to stop cpu mining

I find it in the cpu.txt file but cant figure out which * to remove and where to place null (with "null" or without) comma , at the end or not
lol its all very confusing trying to understand the script backwards Shocked

to mine or not to mine,
is not a question...
Shnikes101

Activity: 254
Merit: 109

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 04:57:58 PM

can you please post the code and placement of the command to stop cpu mining

I find it in the cpu.txt file but cant figure out which * to remove and where to place null (with "null" or without) comma , at the end or not
lol its all very confusing trying to understand the script backwards Shocked

He did so on post #5. You could also remove everything between the [ ] or use null.

or another example if you dont want to mine on your CPU (cpu.txt):

This:
Code:
"cpu_threads_conf" :
[
    { "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : true, "affine_to_cpu" : 0 },
    { "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : true, "affine_to_cpu" : 2 },

],

Becomes this:
Code:
"cpu_threads_conf" :
[
   /* { "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : true, "affine_to_cpu" : 0 },
    { "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : true, "affine_to_cpu" : 2 },
  */
  //  or you can comment out a line one at a time like this line
],

Not sure why you closed the last thread. Wouldn't call my post useless spam.
As you mentioned, the instructions to compile and change the DevFee are clearly outlined on github.
There is always a risk in downloading unknown files. The safest option if you want to change the DevFee is to compile the program yourself - I'd encourage people to at least try.
Jared seems like a nice enough guy and I'm sure would help users out if they have issues but again, safest option is to compile yourself. Trust the code - beware of people.
livada

Activity: 417

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 10:57:07 PM

NICE JOB Smiley

Do you add other coin in?

TRTL not work (light) i try with criptonight_lite but reject
XHV not work (heavy) i try with sumo but reject
JaredKaragen (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 11:44:15 PM

NICE JOB Smiley

Do you add other coin in?

TRTL not work (light) i try with criptonight_lite but reject
XHV not work (heavy) i try with sumo but reject

I dont think so;  it was the first xmr-stak release for the cryptonight7 fork.   I didn't look into any of the other algos, my only focus was a zero devfee XMR miner; cause most of em have fees and negatives with switching to a dev pool.

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

JaredKaragen (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 11:49:17 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2018, 03:42:21 AM by JaredKaragen

Not sure why you closed the last thread. Wouldn't call my post useless spam.
As you mentioned, the instructions to compile and change the DevFee are clearly outlined on github.
There is always a risk in downloading unknown files. The safest option if you want to change the DevFee is to compile the program yourself - I'd encourage people to at least try.
Jared seems like a nice enough guy and I'm sure would help users out if they have issues but again, safest option is to compile yourself. Trust the code - beware of people.

I wanted to have mod control of my thread;  repeats of the same crap are just annoying and useless as the second reply was.

Of course, with anything precompiled, it's at your own risk or your own ability to research the source (provider) or the material (app to download) =)

And to make it clear for commenting things:
Code:
This text is not commented out 
/* But everything between these symbols is commented out */
as well as this text or code is not commented out // But everything after the two '//' is commented out for this line only.
not this line, this line is not commented out

Hopefully that helps serve as a primer for people that don't understand C code type comment fundamentals.

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

cryptonist

Activity: 59

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 03:32:34 AM

Followed all instructions on the XMR-stak github to compile.  This is the new Monero7 fork fix.  *edit* 4/6/18 4:05PM PST  Mining fine.  Fork-compatibility assured.

Can you please update and reshare using latest release? There was an update a few hours back. Thanks for the great work, bro.
JaredKaragen (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 12:33:46 AM

Followed all instructions on the XMR-stak github to compile.  This is the new Monero7 fork fix.  *edit* 4/6/18 4:05PM PST  Mining fine.  Fork-compatibility assured.

Can you please update and reshare using latest release? There was an update a few hours back. Thanks for the great work, bro.

Yeah, Ill be working till late (another 4-5 hours) then when I get home, hopefully Ill be able to recompile the binary from the new source for you guys.

Stay tuned for an update.  if not tonight or tomorrow, this weekend for sure.

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

whoismoses

Activity: 247
Merit: 59

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 02:17:04 AM

and people wonder why other miners are closed source.
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:33:47 PM
Last edit: April 20, 2018, 08:47:57 PM by MagicSmoker

Not sure about AMD, I only have an RX560 on hand for testing.   Outside input is greatly appreciated, but since it seems to support the old HD cards, so I think the other R series cards should be supported.

Thanks for doing this! And I can help with the recommended settings for an RX 560 with 16 Compute Units (ie - not the RX 560D, which has 14 CU). I get the best results with two threads per GPU, intensity of 416, worksize of 8, affine to cpu false and strided index 1. So, for example, the relevant section from my amd.txt file looks like the following:

Code:
  // gpu: Baffin memory:1395
  // compute units: 16

{ "index" : 0, "intensity" : 416, "worksize" : 8, "affine_to_cpu" : false, "strided_index" : 1, "mem_chunk" : 2, "comp_mode" : true },
  { "index" : 0, "intensity" : 416, "worksize" : 8, "affine_to_cpu" : false, "strided_index" : 1, "mem_chunk" : 2, "comp_mode" : true },

],

I have 4 cards on that rig and the above section is repeated for each of them except index is incremented by 1 (ie - "index" : 1 for the 2nd GPU; etc.).

When everything is humming I get right around 500 H/s for each GPU using the Adrenalin 18.2.3 drivers on Win 10.

EDIT - oops, I just noticed that you have the RX 560, and the person you were responding to was looking for help with settings for older cards... alas, I can't help with that, either. I'll leave my post as is in case someone else is looking to tweak their RX 560.

columbiamining

Activity: 38

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 01:59:25 PM

@JaredKaragen

Would love to see this compiled from the new 2.4.3. Looking forward to it!
cvsea

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 04:12:54 PM

Does anybody know why there are a lot of "job not found" rejected shares when mining at nicehash?
They are driving me crazy.

Thanks for this thread, inspired me to compile it myself (took a while but it worked).
For all you do-it-yourselfers out there, I used this tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgK8dhKmxc0

lncm

Activity: 388
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 06:02:43 PM

@JaredKaragen

Would love to see this compiled from the new 2.4.3. Looking forward to it!

Me too.
lncm

Activity: 388
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 06:06:56 PM

Devs give the option and even teach how to do, what file to edit.

I can compile XMR-Stak myself, and I do it for my AMD machine, disabling CUDA backend.

But I need now a 2.4.3 Nvidia working version, and really could use a pre-compiled one because I would need to install a few gigs on that PC, namely MS Visual Studio and Nvidia CUDA.

For someone who has done it, it's a 5 minute task.
JaredKaragen (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2018, 09:41:07 PM

Devs give the option and even teach how to do, what file to edit.

I can compile XMR-Stak myself, and I do it for my AMD machine, disabling CUDA backend.

But I need now a 2.4.3 Nvidia working version, and really could use a pre-compiled one because I would need to install a few gigs on that PC, namely MS Visual Studio and Nvidia CUDA.

For someone who has done it, it's a 5 minute task.

I can do it;  when I am well enough.   

I am in no state to be trying this right now;  I've been on Carisoprodol all weekend.... I am in no state until I come back to reality in another day or two as today is my last day of doses.... sorry guys....

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: