Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:59:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: XMR-stak-JK 2.10.7 Compiled with no devfee (Updated: 2019-8-18)  (Read 28563 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (4 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
JaredKaragen (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2018, 09:41:36 AM
Last edit: August 03, 2018, 10:05:08 AM by JaredKaragen

Calling 1080Ti users of this build:

I just got back from servicing a few of my friend's miners;  as well as disassembling and re-pasting cards to be resold...

At the end of my night;  I loaded xmr-stak 2.4.4 and it would crash when it loads the threads for the nvidia cards....    one card, both cards, either card... same result on the 1080 Ti's.

Here's a big rub:
I updated the video driver.  Clean DDE and install clean via the latest available download.    Same results.
Tried my build of 2.4.2.   Same results.
Tried modifying bfactor/bsleep.  Same results.

Here's the twist:
I was given a 1080 from him as a thanks for all the work today....    brought it home;  works like a champ (not Ti...).  We did not test XMR-stak on the 1080 machines, because they have all been dismantled, cleaned, and re-pasted and re-boxed to re-sell and invest the return in crypto during this low....   so;  in my own eyes, to this day I have seen it work with every card I can throw at it except:  1080Ti, and GTX 2xx series....

So has anyone here had success with their 1080 Ti's?
If so:
What OS, Video driver version, and make/model of card do you have?

FYI; this is a driver crash, leading to a cuda error because the driver crashed.    As mentioned above, changing bfactor/bsleep/threads changed nothing.   Mining other algos (xevan, skien, neoscrypt, etc) works fine.

Thanks.    Hopefully this will help me figure out whats really wrong.  

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 04:52:21 PM

Update of my result, seems that it increased from 614 - 630/645H Thanks for the help.. Oh by the way what is the hashrate of your card? I am using Sapphire RX 580 8GB and MSI Gaming X 570 4Gb..

This card is on my main desktop so not a dedicated mining rig, but I'm doing about 740H/s on average with an Elpida powersaver ROM, core at 1200, mem at 1900 and no change to power limit.
Bearier

Activity: 149
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 09:15:06 AM

this miner supports Cryptonight v7 ?
please give the file a start.bat for GTX 1070.
I tormented myself half a day, I can not start it at all. I do not understand what to write there.
JaredKaragen (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2018, 09:20:30 AM
Last edit: August 05, 2018, 06:24:58 AM by JaredKaragen

I tormented myself half a day, I can not start it at all. I do not understand what to write there.

There is no batch file.

You run the app for the first time, answer the questions, and it generates .txt files with the configurations and starts mining right away.

When you go to run it thereafter, you simply launch the .exe to mine.

You can reference the docs or this thread for how to trim and modify each video card's properties/intensities; as well as how to create separate configurations for use with different pools/algos.

But;  if you wish to have the app auto-run at startup (especially in windows 10);  it should be run as administrator;  its folder should be in the root of C for example;  do not use a .lnk to launch it from the startup folder;  you must make a simple batch and the batch file should look something like this (modify it for your config; and this should be one of the only reasons you should need a batch file for xmr-stak):
Code:
@echo off
cd c:\XMR-stak-JK_2.4.4\
start xmr-stak.exe
Be sure this batch file is set to run as administrator.

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Bearier

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 09:53:07 AM

There is no batch file.

You run the app for the first time, answer the questions, and it generates .txt files with the configurations and starts mining right away.

When you go to run it thereafter, you simply launch the .exe to mine.

You can reference the docs or this thread for how to trim and modify each video card's properties/intensities; as well as how to create separate configurations for use with different pools/algos.

But;  if you wish to have the app auto-run at startup (especially in windows 10);  it should be run as administrator;  its folder should be in the root of C for example;  do not use a .lnk to launch it from the startup folder;  you must make a simple batch and the batch file should look something like this (modify it for your config; and this is the only reason you should need a batch file for xmr-stak):
Code:
@echo off
cd c:\XMR-stak-JK_2.4.4\
start xmr-stak.exe
Be sure this batch file is set to run as administrator.

Thanks, I will try. Tell me more, does this miner support Cryptonight v7 ?
JaredKaragen (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2018, 10:14:50 AM

yes, this one is current, i am unaware of any algo changes coming up soon.

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Bearier

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 11:12:15 AM

How to configure the display of statistics in the window of the miner (as in ccminer)?
how to disable support for mining on the CPU?
JaredKaragen (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2018, 11:32:08 AM

How to configure the display of statistics in the window of the miner (as in ccminer)?
how to disable support for mining on the CPU?
there is none.

to disable individual devices you should read this thread;  it already explains how to modify the settings and comment out the necessary lines and disable/change different devices in the nvidia.txt, cpu.txt and amd.txt....

What would be better is you should check readme.md, compile.md, etc on the official github:
https://github.com/fireice-uk/xmr-stak     Just scroll down;  there's links there to each subject.  It goes into great detail.

I didn't write the program, I just compiled the source with no devfee.

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Bearier

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 11:35:43 AM

I'm using windows 7. I'm having errors:

After this, the system will seriously brake and Afterburner does not work.
It is possible as that to solve it?
JaredKaragen (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2018, 12:07:55 PM

I'm using windows 7. I'm having errors:

After this, the system will seriously brake and Afterburner does not work.
It is possible as that to solve it?
those alerts are likely because it was not run as admin; and because its the first time run on that machine before rebooting. (memory alloc errors)

give it a reboot.  try again.  be sure its run as admin.

as for the rest of the stuff crashing;  check the docs.  individual devices need to have their threads and intensities trimmed.   The auto-configure is just a ballpark setting; and can be wrong out of the box (see the notes on 1080ti issues that are on the github).  Also see the docs about windows and the bfactor/bsleep settings.  They are important.

so far, what I see in your screenshot...   is normal.  VirtualAlloc failed, but after memory pinned, and it moves onto the next thread.

The system seemingly locking up is the miner working... the OS will be come horribly unresponsive.  Its using 99.9% of the GPU resources; and is bottle necking the display port's activity.  The system wont be usable while mining unless you trim down settings in the config txt files.... so do all work/modification with the app not running.

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

john1010

Activity: 2086
Merit: 562

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2018, 05:19:42 AM

Is there a way to adjust the gpu fan speed? I noticed that my gpu got hotter using this miner and the fan speed is only set for 20% and my gpu's temp climbed to 65c, Hope that I can get some help..

Thanks @Dev for this miner for no fee!
JaredKaragen (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2018, 06:20:15 AM

Is there a way to adjust the gpu fan speed? I noticed that my gpu got hotter using this miner and the fan speed is only set for 20% and my gpu's temp climbed to 65c, Hope that I can get some help..

Many thanks really go to fierce-UK for making the source freely available so I could compile with no devfee.

what brand of cards?

using nvidiainspector, you can use a command line switch to change fan speed....  maybe that can help automate changing your fans... incorporate into a batch to change settings before then after the app closes....  would be a super simple batch file.

Code:
Nvidiainspector.exe -setFanSpeed:0,100 -setFanSpeed:1,100
makes device 0 have 100% fan speed, and device 1 have 100% fan speed.

AMD?  Not sure of any utilities;  as I leave bios stock and use active cooling in my setups and don't depend on gpu fan speed.

XMR is an intensive algo;  and it does make quite a bit of heat (a prime example is the heat a cpu/laptop will generate when simply syncing and updating the XMR blockchain.....)

Side note:   Monero will be algo-forking again.

As soon as a known good source gets released for the update by the original dev;  Ill pull the source, and attempt setup and compiling it again.

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

john1010

Activity: 2086
Merit: 562

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2018, 11:04:53 AM

Many thanks really go to fierce-UK for making the source freely available so I could compile with no devfee.

what brand of cards?

using nvidiainspector, you can use a command line switch to change fan speed....  maybe that can help automate changing your fans... incorporate into a batch to change settings before then after the app closes....  would be a super simple batch file.

Code:
Nvidiainspector.exe -setFanSpeed:0,100 -setFanSpeed:1,100
makes device 0 have 100% fan speed, and device 1 have 100% fan speed.

AMD?  Not sure of any utilities;  as I leave bios stock and use active cooling in my setups and don't depend on gpu fan speed.

XMR is an intensive algo;  and it does make quite a bit of heat (a prime example is the heat a cpu/laptop will generate when simply syncing and updating the XMR blockchain.....)

Side note:   Monero will be algo-forking again.

As soon as a known good source gets released for the update by the original dev;  Ill pull the source, and attempt setup and compiling it again.

Thanks for your reply, suddenly.. I am using AMD cards and I hope you can update the miner soon, I love your miner and thing I searching now is how to increase my hashrate, I only got 635 each card, All of my card are moded and I got 30-31MH in eth and other ethhash algo, this is my first time to mine monero base coin, totally noob for using it.. And thanks for this thread..  Smiley  Smiley
obm_dan

Activity: 112
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 01:07:44 PM

Is it possible to differentiate between gpus and cpus in the json api?
JaredKaragen (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2018, 03:16:30 PM

Is it possible to differentiate between gpus and cpus in the json api?

yes.

see the .txt files xmr-stak generates.

you can separate them into difference instances of xmr-stak per device if you wish;  see comments earlier in this thread by I believe; tbearhere

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

obm_dan

Activity: 112
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 06:33:23 PM

That helps a lot. Thank you. I was able to find the post where they separate configs.

I was hoping that the api on xmrstak was able to say which ones are cpu and which ones are gpu in api.json. I don’t believe that you can tell though.

Easiest way would be to run them separately. Then you know they’re either all cpu or all gpu. Unless I’m interpreting the api response I correctly.
JaredKaragen (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2018, 07:00:13 AM

That helps a lot. Thank you. I was able to find the post where they separate configs.

I was hoping that the api on xmrstak was able to say which ones are cpu and which ones are gpu in api.json. I don’t believe that you can tell though.

Easiest way would be to run them separately. Then you know they’re either all cpu or all gpu. Unless I’m interpreting the api response I correctly.

yeah, a few people have said running separate instances is better than running them all together.   I have yet to do my own personal testing on that though.

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

impynick

Activity: 77
Merit: 6

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 09:02:50 AM

Hello JK,

I just wanted to let you know I actually compiled 2.4.7 and running it with a 1080ti no problem.

I know I dont have any post history but lmk if you would like to check out the miner. You really helped me out by compiling the earlier versions of XMRSTAK and would like to return the favor.

Of course I wont be offended if you decline, but the 1080 ti is working properly on XMR stak 2.4.7 that i compiled. Updated to most recent driver on windows 10 too.
impynick

Activity: 77
Merit: 6

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 11:32:06 PM

My 1080 ti is FE
JaredKaragen (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2018, 03:47:41 AM
Last edit: August 07, 2018, 04:20:41 AM by JaredKaragen

Hello JK,

I just wanted to let you know I actually compiled 2.4.7 and running it with a 1080ti no problem.

I know I dont have any post history but lmk if you would like to check out the miner. You really helped me out by compiling the earlier versions of XMRSTAK and would like to return the favor.

Of course I wont be offended if you decline, but the 1080 ti is working properly on XMR stak 2.4.7 that i compiled. Updated to most recent driver on windows 10 too.

its not about version;  its about config is my guess......  pm me a mega link to it;  and as well;  include your nvidia.txt with it.

Thanks!

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: