Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 05:36:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: XMR-stak-JK 2.10.7 Compiled with no devfee (Updated: 2019-8-18)  (Read 28563 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (4 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
JaredKaragen (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2019, 07:27:12 AM

im on my way to hawaii.  ill do it as soon as i can.

screw that... enjoy Hawaii instead.  Grin

Compiled and uploaded 2.10.6 remotely.  Did not have time to test.  Hopefully I remembered all the DLL files this time.

Enjoy!

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
impynick

Activity: 77
Merit: 6

View Profile
July 23, 2019, 09:23:35 AM

im on my way to hawaii.  ill do it as soon as i can.

screw that... enjoy Hawaii instead.  Grin

Compiled and uploaded 2.10.6 remotely.  Did not have time to test.  Hopefully I remembered all the DLL files this time.

Enjoy!

I was just there (Maui) 2 weeks ago! Enjoy your trip  Cool
Apprentice

Activity: 500
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 23, 2019, 07:57:54 PM

came across 8 GT 690 to add mining XMR.

the auto config is detecting 2 cards (per card), is this correct? can anyone share the optimal configuration? blocks, threads?

which cuda version should be used with GTX 690?

thanks
JaredKaragen (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2019, 09:23:33 PM

the auto config is detecting 2 cards (per card), is this correct? can anyone share the optimal configuration? blocks, threads?

thanks

some cards like multiple threads as they can multitask better...

check http://www.xmrstak.com for user-uploaded settings.

Yep;  its beautiful over here!   I will definitely enjoy my time!

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

impynick

View Profile
July 30, 2019, 06:47:09 AM

thanks

Yep;  its beautiful over here!   I will definitely enjoy my time!

I am trying to run cn-gpu but im getting invalid submits. With the release version its working fine?? Even when I compiled myself I was getting invalid submits. Can you try it on your end to see if its working properly?
JaredKaragen (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2019, 07:21:18 AM

thanks

Yep;  its beautiful over here!   I will definitely enjoy my time!

I am trying to run cn-gpu but im getting invalid submits. With the release version its working fine?? Even when I compiled myself I was getting invalid submits. Can you try it on your end to see if its working properly?

cn-gpu?   is that a separate algo?  where are you mining to?

I could remotely test, but when I left for vacation I powered off my test rig and need to be there to physically power it on.

Send me the details of what pool you are mining to, a copy of your AMD/NVIDIA.txt file(s) or cpu.txt files using this format:
nvidia.txt
Code:
Code quoting examples like this one using the hashtag button

As well as provide the model of graphics card and vendor of card you are using; and any other applicable specific details I may need to know to test.

I will do a little research and see if I can have an answer for you.

I literally remotely compiled and uploaded the recent build while away on vacation, and could not test myself, though the initial party(s) haven't complained about any issue other than a potential reduced hashrate to other versions which may have just been the .txt files being reset to the new relaxed settings that were noted in the changelog/release notes on fireice's github.

I personally only use xmr-stak 100% for XMR; and no other coins/algos.   If you are mining a different coin/algo... I would have to set up to mine at whatever pool you are using so if that is so;  provide me your username and hopefully it has no password (or just an 'x') so i can use your profile to test and not worry about setting up a wallet for an address to mine-to, etc. because to be frank;  that is too much hassle for this free service I am providing.  If you are going to provide me your pool credentials;  send me a PM with your pools.txt using the code quoting example above.

And as a side note, im not sure if XTL-stak is even a thing that is present/used today.... I only compiled it once upon request because it uses almost identical code structures and compile settings.

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

impynick

View Profile
July 31, 2019, 10:22:27 AM

thanks

Yep;  its beautiful over here!   I will definitely enjoy my time!

cn-gpu?   is that a separate algo?  where are you mining to?

I could remotely test, but when I left for vacation I powered off my test rig and need to be there to physically power it on.

Send me the details of what pool you are mining to, a copy of your AMD/NVIDIA.txt file(s) or cpu.txt files using this format:
nvidia.txt
Code:
Code quoting examples like this one using the hashtag button

As well as provide the model of graphics card and vendor of card you are using; and any other applicable specific details I may need to know to test.

I will do a little research and see if I can have an answer for you.

I literally remotely compiled and uploaded the recent build while away on vacation, and could not test myself, though the initial party(s) haven't complained about any issue other than a potential reduced hashrate to other versions which may have just been the .txt files being reset to the new relaxed settings that were noted in the changelog/release notes on fireice's github.

I personally only use xmr-stak 100% for XMR; and no other coins/algos.   If you are mining a different coin/algo... I would have to set up to mine at whatever pool you are using so if that is so;  provide me your username and hopefully it has no password (or just an 'x') so i can use your profile to test and not worry about setting up a wallet for an address to mine-to, etc. because to be frank;  that is too much hassle for this free service I am providing.  If you are going to provide me your pool credentials;  send me a PM with your pools.txt using the code quoting example above.

And as a side note, im not sure if XTL-stak is even a thing that is present/used today.... I only compiled it once upon request because it uses almost identical code structures and compile settings.

It seems 2.16 is bugged for cn-GPU (RYO). I had to update my visual studios and cmake to get rid of the invalid shares.  Just a heads up if you want to mine another cn-GPU (ryo) this one will throw invalid submits.

Try it for yourself when you're back https://miningpoolstats.stream/ryo
JaredKaragen (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2019, 09:09:23 PM

What version of VS and cmake (respectively) did you update to?

If this is so, I should submit a note to fireice-uk to have it noted in his build notes.

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

impynick

View Profile
July 31, 2019, 09:53:53 PM
Merited by JaredKaragen (5)

What version of VS and cmake (respectively) did you update to?

If this is so, I should submit a note to fireice-uk to have it noted in his build notes.

I had to update to VS 19 and cmake 3.15 i think. https://www.reddit.com/r/XmrStak/wiki/guides/startup#wiki_3._windows_7.2F10_.2B_nvidia_.28compiling_from_source.29

Code:
3.1.3 Navigate to Visual Studio Community 2019 setup page. Run installer (it will download some files to prepare installation).

Note1: Check carefully if you select all components.

Note2: This step will require up to 12Gb of HDD space in total. Make sure you have enough free space on drive C.

Install choose following components:

(left side of window) Desktop development with C++
(Tab "Individual Components", section "Compilers, build tools, and runtimes") leave all auto-marked components and make sure these checkboxes are checked:
C++ 2019 Redistributable MSMs
C++ 2019 Redistributable Update
C++ CMake tools for Windows
C++ Modules for v142 build tools (x64/86 experimental)
C++ Universal Windows Platform Runtime for v142 build tools
C++/CLI support for v142 build tools
MSBuild
MSVC v142 - VS 2019 C++ x64/x86 build tools (v14.20)
MSVC v142 - VS 2019 C++ x64/x86 Spectre mitigated libs (v14.20)
Windows Universal CRT SDK
Section "Development activities":

C++ core features
Section "SDKs, libraries and frameworks":

Windows 10 SDK (10.0.17763.0)

3.1.4 Reboot after VS 2019 install finished

3.1.5 Navigate to https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-downloads Select: Windows-> x84_64 -> 10 -> exe (local) and press Download (2.4Gb) button

Note: next step may vary depending on if you have installed display driver version higher than 410 on your system or not. If you have it installed - install only CUDA toolkit, if not - make sure you install Display driver that ships with this package.

3.1.6 Run downloaded installer (agree to unpack files to temporary folder) and select "custom installation" and choose either:

CUDA
CUDA + Display driver
Other checkboxes like "Nvidia 3D vision" can be unchecked.

Note: leave default paths on next step (these paths will be used in next steps). If you change NVIDIA paths, make sure you edit SET commands according to your paths. (3.2.2)

3.1.7 Reboot after CUDA toolkit install finished

3.1.8 Navigate to https://cmake.org/download/ pick Windows win64-x64 Installer and install CMake (After install set: Add CMake to the system PATH for all users).

3.1.9 Reboot (yes, it is Windows..)
JaredKaragen (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2019, 10:13:33 PM

Ill give this a shot when I get home;  I just hope that it doesn't break my compiler like the last time I tried to migrate from 2015 to 2017;   I ended up having to install VS2017 on one of my game host servers and do all of my compiling there remotely....   all the players always complain of lag spikes when I compile the latest version of XMR-stak... lol!

Maybe Ill just attempt to install the whole ensemble onto my new daily driver laptop as it was replaced many months ago so i no longer use that machine that had its VS15/17 tainted and I could never get a complete compile/build of xmr-stak... this way I can still fallback onto a setup/config that I know still works for my primary goal.

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

impynick

View Profile
July 31, 2019, 10:42:43 PM

Ill give this a shot when I get home;  I just hope that it doesn't break my compiler like the last time I tried to migrate from 2015 to 2017;   I ended up having to install VS2017 on one of my game host servers and do all of my compiling there remotely....   all the players always complain of lag spikes when I compile the latest version of XMR-stak... lol!

Maybe Ill just attempt to install the whole ensemble onto my new daily driver laptop as it was replaced many months ago so i no longer use that machine that had its VS15/17 tainted and I could never get a complete compile/build of xmr-stak... this way I can still fallback onto a setup/config that I know still works for my primary goal.

The wiki they created is really helpful. I do compile on my personal PC but updating everything took a while. PS they just released 2.10.7.

Thanks for the merit! If I can help in anyway just let me know  Smiley
JaredKaragen (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2019, 01:45:59 AM

The wiki they created is really helpful. I do compile on my personal PC but updating everything took a while. PS they just released 2.10.7.

Thanks for the merit! If I can help in anyway just let me know  Smiley

Thanks for the heads up.  Ill get on 2.10.7 a day or two after I get back to the mainland tomorrow;  I wanna bask in what remains of my stay here =)

NP on the merit;  you definitely earned it.

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

ouray

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2019, 11:55:53 PM

I wanna bask in what remains of my stay here =)

I guess he's still basking longer than usual.   Roll Eyes
JaredKaragen (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2019, 12:17:17 AM

I guess he's still basking longer than usual.   Roll Eyes

yep, been non-stop busy handling all the things that fell apart while away from home.  I'm finally taking a day for myself, hopefully Ill be up to getting it compiled tonight.... but I wont have it compiled on the updated VS, or CMake, ill be compiling it on my already configured remote machine;  I need to get myself to a good internet connection to be able to download and install the newer apps on my laptop.

Give it a day or two longer.  Ill get it done.

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

ouray

Activity: 49

View Profile
August 11, 2019, 07:26:39 PM

yep, been non-stop busy handling all the things that fell apart while away from home.  I'm finally taking a day for myself, hopefully Ill be up to getting it compiled tonight.... but I wont have it compiled on the updated VS, or CMake, ill be compiling it on my already configured remote machine;  I need to get myself to a good internet connection to be able to download and install the newer apps on my laptop.

I guess he is still non-stop busy handling all the things that fell apart while he's away from home!!! Huh
JaredKaragen (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2019, 11:15:08 AM

I guess he is still non-stop busy handling all the things that fell apart while he's away from home!!! Huh

Yeah, dealing with the day to day stuff is tougher given my disability....

but alas, I just finished compiling it, and its updated in the first post.   Hopefully I didn't forget to include the required DLL's again.

Thanks for the patience guys.

Ill try to finally get out of the house in the next day or two (hopefully today if my body is up to it) and will get VS2019 and the new cmake installed on my workstation laptop;  attempt a recompile for the ryo guys who had issues with the last build.

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

artur.xx77

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 12, 2019, 06:50:26 PM

Hi.
I am new to mining.
XMR-stak-JK_2.10.7 can be configured for double mining? If you can tell me how.
I want to mine with CPU: XMR, with GPU: ETH.
JaredKaragen (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2019, 01:46:41 AM

Hi.
I am new to mining.
XMR-stak-JK_2.10.7 can be configured for double mining? If you can tell me how.
I want to mine with CPU: XMR, with GPU: ETH.

You will need to use your regular ETH gpu solution....   

for CPU;  just run xmr-stak, let it auto-config itself,   then close it.   Go in and edit nvidia.txt/amd.txt and comment out/delete the threads for the GPU's (see examples found by reading this thread's history as it is in there). 

Now it will only use the CPU.

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

JaredKaragen (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2019, 02:11:14 AM

Ok, got to the internet hub and updated my business laptop.

Compiled and uploaded 2.10.7 again on my laptop;  released as "VS2019" release.    Give it a whirl for Ryo and the other cryptos that were having the issues;  If all goes well;  let me know and ill keep up with the 2019 releases built from my laptop.

Cheers!

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

JaredKaragen (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2019, 09:12:06 AM

Will the next XMR-STAK-RX versions be uploaded here (in case there will be a dev-fee in the next releases)?
Thanks

yeah, ill continue them here when necessary.  since this initial release is no fee, i figured i'd leave it to the devs.

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: