Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:57:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Instant-Payout Mining - BitPenny.com  (Read 35087 times)
OneFixt (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 10, 2011, 10:23:58 AM
Last edit: February 10, 2011, 10:36:20 AM by OneFixt

The current payout rate (0.00173091 BTC) is extremely low! Undecided

lzsaver, thanks for including a description of BitPenny in the Russian forum (though the link is not pointing to the right thread).

The 10% commission may seem high, but please note that it is 10% of expected value, not 10% of mined blocks.  This means that users always make 90% of their theoretical maximum, with no "bad days".  The server takes all the risk and will even operate at a loss when necessary.

Some people may be confused since your thread is titled "Bce o пyлax coвмecтнoй гeнepaции", ("All about cooperative mining pools"), but BitPenny is not a cooperative pool.  Rather, it is a server which pays for hashes with its own BTC funds, taking a large risk in order to provide the smoothest possible payout to its miners.  Even if only a handful of slow miners connect to BitPenny, they will all be making BTC on every submitted hash, without having to worry about the number of other connected miners or the actual rate of generation.

It can be difficult to compare a cooperative pool with BitPenny without trying BitPenny first, so I would encourage everyone to try it to really get a feel for the difference, and then to choose whichever mining solution they prefer.

163c6YtwNbfVSyVvMQCBcmNX9RdYQdRqqa

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
February 10, 2011, 11:13:41 AM

The 10% commission may seem high.
10% doesn't seem high to me. If someone wants to provide a similar service for a lower commission, nothing is stopping them. Right now, you have the lowest commission rate for "per-share" mining payouts.
Quantumboredom

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2011, 04:06:12 PM

Pretty nice service, seems to be working as described. I'm not sure if I will be using BitPenny.com or solo mining (10% will after all add up to a bit over time), but the steady generation rate is very nice Smiley
OneFixt (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2011, 04:12:10 PM

Pretty nice service, seems to be working as described. I'm not sure if I will be using BitPenny.com or solo mining (10% will after all add up to a bit over time), but the steady generation rate is very nice Smiley

Thanks!
If you choose to mine solo, please feel free to stop by here, from time to time, to raise your morale after those unlucky streaks  Smiley

wscott

Activity: 20

View Profile
February 10, 2011, 08:32:48 PM

I used bitpenny today and got my first penny within a couple hours.  Thanks!

I can see why this works great for me, but I am confused about something.  What protects the guy running bitpenny.com from fraud?  Can't I tweak my miner to send proof of work blocks to him, but keep any solved blocks for myself?
wscott

Activity: 20

View Profile
February 10, 2011, 08:37:13 PM

I can see why this works great for me, but I am confused about something.  What protects the guy running bitpenny.com from fraud?  Can't I tweak my miner to send proof of work blocks to him, but keep any solved blocks for myself?

I see now.  The hashes being generated payout to an address owned by bitpenny.com.  So solving a block does me no good.
Right?
ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
February 10, 2011, 08:43:50 PM

The hashes being generated payout to an address owned by bitpenny.com ... Right?

Right! If only I had a bitcoin for every time this question has been asked.
Cablesaurus

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2011, 07:30:26 AM

Getting some connection problems, frequent intermittant "Problems connecting to Bitcoin RPC" errors.

I'm connecting fine to Slush' pool so it seems to be a server connection issue.

PCIe Extender Cables; Dummy Plugs, Fans; PSU Cables; Cases & More
Visit www.Cablesaurus.com and our forum thread at http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=6128.0
dishwara
Legendary

Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016

View Profile
February 11, 2011, 07:55:12 AM

"Problems connecting to Bitcoin RPC"

Not mining.
OneFixt (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2011, 08:40:49 AM

BitPenny has completed the first round of beta testing and is down for updates (please see the first post for details).
You may still check and withdraw your balances at any time.

veoddex

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 11, 2011, 09:42:49 AM

Oh too bad  Cry I just started testing it today... I have a slow computer and have not yet solved a block. Hopefully you will get it back up and running soon, OneFixt.
ronaldmaustin

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2011, 09:24:30 AM

I currently generate alot of Bitcoins, so 10% would not be worth it to me.  Your commission would add up to several hundred dollars over just a few months, instead of the pennies paid by CPU miners.  However, if you added this to a service which could immediately list and sell the coins on MtGox for market price (which costs just over half of one percent) and then exchange the proceeds and have it delivered to PayPal (which PayPal does for free, I think) then this adds only the Liberty Dollar (MtGox uses them) fee of 1% plus whatever fee you could negotiate with a currency exhanger (a couple of percent?)  

Thus, you'd still make 6-7% (still hundreds of dollars from me to you) but you may get some of the big Bitcoin generators like me who just want to calculate hashes and get cash (sorry for being a capitalist folks).  I would personally jump at this as it would remove from the equation having to:

1) Wait for blocks to mature to get payout from mining pool.
2) Log into MtGox and enter the amount I want to send MtGox.
3) Enter the address MtGox gives me into my bitcoin wallet and send to MtGox.
4) Wait 15 minutes for those funds to make it to MtGox and then place a trade order.
5) Take the proceeds, less .065%, and forward those to LibertyReserve (which MtGox requires).
6) Use the lengthy LibertyReserve login process to see funds have made it, less 1% for the liberty dollar I never wanted.
7) Sell the liberty dollar through an exchanger for a few percent.
Cool Get money in PayPal - PROFIT!

Skipping directly to step 8 would be nice for me.  Maybe you can cut a deal with MtGox and eliminate Liberty Dollar entirely, saving 1%.  Cut a volume deal directly with someone who exchanges Bitcoins for PayPal delivery.  This would be an incentive for MtGox as well as you would drive business there exclusively.  Cut out all of the middlemen.
OneFixt (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2011, 03:02:36 AM

I currently generate alot of Bitcoins, so 10% would not be worth it to me.  Your commission would add up to several hundred dollars over just a few months, instead of the pennies paid by CPU miners.  However, if you added this to a service which could immediately list and sell the coins on MtGox for market price (which costs just over half of one percent) and then exchange the proceeds and have it delivered to PayPal (which PayPal does for free, I think) then this adds only the Liberty Dollar (MtGox uses them) fee of 1% plus whatever fee you could negotiate with a currency exhanger (a couple of percent?)  

Thus, you'd still make 6-7% (still hundreds of dollars from me to you) but you may get some of the big Bitcoin generators like me who just want to calculate hashes and get cash (sorry for being a capitalist folks).  I would personally jump at this as it would remove from the equation having to:

1) Wait for blocks to mature to get payout from mining pool.
2) Log into MtGox and enter the amount I want to send MtGox.
3) Enter the address MtGox gives me into my bitcoin wallet and send to MtGox.
4) Wait 15 minutes for those funds to make it to MtGox and then place a trade order.
5) Take the proceeds, less .065%, and forward those to LibertyReserve (which MtGox requires).
6) Use the lengthy LibertyReserve login process to see funds have made it, less 1% for the liberty dollar I never wanted.
7) Sell the liberty dollar through an exchanger for a few percent.
Cool Get money in PayPal - PROFIT!

Skipping directly to step 8 would be nice for me.  Maybe you can cut a deal with MtGox and eliminate Liberty Dollar entirely, saving 1%.  Cut a volume deal directly with someone who exchanges Bitcoins for PayPal delivery.  This would be an incentive for MtGox as well as you would drive business there exclusively.  Cut out all of the middlemen.

We could potentially get you to step 4: getting the BTC directly into MtGox with no wait.  After that, though, you would get into trouble.  BitPenny cannot sell for you as that would be a conflict of interest.  You would also lose a very large percentage of your income by selling during market bottoms, at high spreads, and during times of high volatility.

Cryptoman

Activity: 726
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 14, 2011, 06:24:51 AM

You could pay with PayPal directly.  Then there is no longer any real exchange taking place.  The mining service is paying for computer time (hashes) with USD or EUR or whatever and pocketing the BTC.

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history." --Gandhi
OneFixt (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2011, 07:47:25 AM

You could pay with PayPal directly.  Then there is no longer any real exchange taking place.  The mining service is paying for computer time (hashes) with USD or EUR or whatever and pocketing the BTC.

Unfortunately, that would be straying too far from the simplicity of what BitPenny is intended to do: there would have to be a floating rather than a fixed rate, a slew of price-manipulation exploits would be introduced on both the clients' and the server's side, and BitPenny would have an even harder time keeping an adequate supply of coins and/or currency on hand to pay the miners.  For these and other reasons, BitPenny will only ever deal directly in BTC.

The best way to accomplish what you are looking to do would be for someone to set up a complimentary service.  This service would give you a permanent BTC address, and it would buy your coins at market price whenever you sent them to that address.  Then you could mine directly to that address through BitPenny.

ronaldmaustin

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2011, 11:28:01 PM

We could potentially get you to step 4: getting the BTC directly into MtGox with no wait.  After that, though, you would get into trouble.  BitPenny cannot sell for you as that would be a conflict of interest.  You would also lose a very large percentage of your income by selling during market bottoms, at high spreads, and during times of high volatility.

So long as BitPenny is just immediately selling on MtGox at market rates, I fail to see the conflict.  As I cannot define the market bottoms and what is considered volatile in the market, for either myself or BitPenny to refrain from immediate sale upon generation would be currency speculation, which does not enter into the business model proposed.  However, the poster who said just pay PayPal for hashs hit the nail on the head.  THAT I would be willing to pay 10% for to eliminate loss of time, and possibly Bitcoins, with all the given transfers.  For example, right now I want to transfer $100 out of MtGox to LibertyReserve and cannot do so because I believe the owner of MtGox does not currently have funds on deposit at LibertyReserve, so I have to wait.
Cablesaurus

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2011, 12:08:30 AM

Just wondering if there's any update on when BP will be back up Smiley

PCIe Extender Cables; Dummy Plugs, Fans; PSU Cables; Cases & More
Visit www.Cablesaurus.com and our forum thread at http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=6128.0
OneFixt (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2011, 12:34:56 AM

Just wondering if there's any update on when BP will be back up Smiley

It's planned to be by the end of this week, but there is no hard date.

TiagoTiago

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
February 20, 2011, 03:44:00 PM

Sorry for the bump, no other way to be notified of new msgs on this thread Sad

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
Mayeutik

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 21, 2011, 02:18:12 AM

Sorry for the bump, no other way to be notified of new msgs on this thread Sad

Same as TiagoTiago! Need to follow this thread, but the only way is to post  Roll Eyes
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: