Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:15:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 86 »
  Print  
Author Topic: is buying new listed coin profitable?  (Read 7290 times)
cilgindansci

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

umachit.fund

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 02:59:49 PM

I think you can get tokens during ICO periods. These tokens usually rise after ICO.
It is necessary to investigate projects well and make smart choices.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
swissgang

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 03:00:39 PM

Profitable usually if you buy before it is listed on a good exchange. After it is listed on any exchange, the profit you may make depends, even loss is possible if it is hyped too much before getting listed.

herurist

Activity: 1680
Merit: 259

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 03:00:55 PM

Good Day guys, just searching for an alternative way to invest my money to,
so the question is, is buying new listed token(token that just ended ICO) to an exchange profitable? do many of you do that? would you recommend doing that? or should I buy on their ICOs?

I think buy from ICO project is not good, most of them become has no value or even exchanger. I'll not stop you because this is your money but you should see from another ICO's history, it will give you big picture about invest into ICO's project. Buy second coin ( eth, ltc, xmr, etc ) is the right step, they already have powerful position that you can use to replace your money. Invest into ICO's project? think again please.

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
rickyleatham

Activity: 126

Get your share of the future

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 03:02:06 PM

i think profitable or not depends on the exchange where the new coin is listed, i guess as soon as the new coin is listed on top exchanges, like Binance or Bithump, it price will increase very fast at the begining, may be x5, or x6 very soon, but this will be the chance for us to sell because most of new coins listed on exchanges will be dumped badly at the begining, so i suggest you should sell as soon as possible for profit.

Cmoh

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 03:03:53 PM

This is really an important question. You are right because when the coin is listed first time in the exchange it is profitable because of the fast increase in price. So, if you are an ICO investor in the first step of listing whatever profit you are making just accumulate this and again enter the dip.
ADEMNL

Activity: 173

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 03:05:41 PM

In winter, almost all new coins made a profit at the start. Now, on the contrary, almost all are falling in price compared to ICO. So now is not the best time.
PsylockReborn

Activity: 420
Merit: 24

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 03:13:43 PM

so the question is, is buying new listed token(token that just ended ICO) to an exchange profitable? do many of you do that? would you recommend doing that? or should I buy on their ICOs?

No one can really tell. It really depends on how the devs or the community behind the token or coin supports its growth and promoting the coin. Acceptance of the cryptocurrency to the people will determine its value. If many people will acquire or buy those coins after the ICO then its price will soar high. For you to make profit you need to know more about the crypto that you're trying to invest in. You need to do your own research on the coin and the people behind it as well as the devs. By doing your research you can acquire lots of knowledge about the technology and it can create trust and you'll have faith in the crypto that will make you feel secure in investing. You should as well take into consideration that not all cryptos will be successful even if its listed in all exchanges. Dedication of the devs as well as the support of the community holding the coins is one big factor that can make a coin valuable.

I suggest that you do a long term investment in BTC so that you'll have more security with your money and always invest an amount that you can afford to lose. Goodluck with your investments and have a good one!
the13thsymphony

Activity: 297
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 03:18:26 PM

I would suggest to check the potential of the new coin. You should check the project behind the coin and see if it would solve some problems or provide innovation in their target market. That means that the coin that they offer has a good chance of raising its price. Most people are forgetting this part of the coin and I would suggest to check this side too when choosing a coin for HODLing.

█≣≣≣   SECURIX   ≣≣≣█
▐▃    NEXT GENERATION OF CRYPTO MINING    ▃▌
http://www.securix.io/
tonylewisverdu

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 03:19:13 PM

sometimes, if your entry in new listed coin is good or lower than its normal value then of course it will be profitable

D194
illiki23

Activity: 602
Merit: 295

Hail Eris!

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 03:26:23 PM

Sometimes...

These black and white questions are starting to bug me.

Anecdotal data says yes.  That is in my personal experience (and from what I can remember).  But using anecdotes is a horrible way to gauge a phenomena.  People have fickle memory (remembering the wins while forgetting the loses).  We need some real data! 

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

na]][/font][/font][/size][/font][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table][/tr
Visteryy

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 03:29:08 PM

No one can predict that prices will rise or fall before investing in an ICO. It is also risky. If the ICO is listed and when you buy, prices fall sharply. I think we should wait for some time to invest in ICO projects
trecore4

Activity: 658
Merit: 260

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 03:30:27 PM

First of all it depends on the type of project that has been listed on the ICO. I mean if it is worth something then you can buy at ICO stage or exchanger stage too that wont matter much as you know very well that project is going to be profitable in the future.

However consider this one:

ICO stage prices could be more than 50 cents or so. Some of them are 1 dollars or more too if the project is too good to be bought by very common people. In such cases you can wait until the ICO hits the exchanger. The first crowd will come when they will start selling immediately as they will have higher prices initial but eventually the coins value will drop 10x-100x down the initial value. Now this would be the right time to buy your tokens as you are going to be buying it 10x-100x lower than the ICO value. The market will move upwards later on when the development starts.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Script3d

Activity: 1232
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 04:08:52 PM

the price of new listed coin usually drop alot if the coin have bounty campaign bounty hunters instantly sell it right after it got listed it im not sure how will the coin do in the long run you should be up alot if its do well.
Angel35

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 04:30:26 PM

It can be incredibly profitable, but it's also risky because you don't know if team of the project can execute their tasks
hoanghoatham04

Activity: 176

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 04:32:22 PM

maybe you're right. But in some cases, after buying ICOs that have been listed on exchange, the price of such ICOs has fallen below the ICO purchase price. I've had losses with two ICOs that are COPYTRACK and ATFS

tyuner4

Activity: 322
Merit: 179

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 04:48:34 PM

If you research well and find a new listed coin that has good potential. It is a good strategy to invest in it which will give you good profit.
dale1075

Activity: 252
Merit: 37

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 04:56:53 PM

If the coin is tied up to a sustainable and long-term use project then your coin will have the chance to have big profit. Just research very well as most ICOs right not are scams

▶▶  BTCitcoin 2  ◀◀    ⚡ Scalable Bitcoin Fork with instant verified payments ⚡
░░░░▒▒▒▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████████████████▓▓▓▒▒▒░░░░
Low Fees ✲ ✲ Truly Anonymous TransactionsJoin the discussion thread
berezov_petro

Activity: 140

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 05:23:39 PM

I think that on the exchanges you can earn well only when you are an experienced trader, and if you do not have trading experience, it is better to invest in new ICOs and get profit from it. But it is necessary to carefully select the ICO for investment, because the right choice of the project is the key to success.

IrenNTA

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

"One Token to Move Anything Anywhere"

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 05:42:33 PM

In most cases it can be profitable to buy coins when they are just listed, just for a sort term trading. Usually when a coin gets listed on a good exchange there's a huge 1st green candle and then the price drops down, sometimes even below ICO price, so it can be a very good moment to buy it, because in most cases there will be another green candle where you can sell the coins and get a good profit. Of course, it's quite risky but if you have some experience you can understand when it's the right moment to buy and sell.
MISS_nSTASSY

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

Vena.Network

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 05:48:46 PM

If you want to get help with your question maybe you need to share more information with us like what is your comfortable amount to invest in new coins, your experience in ICOs, your ability to get good coins in the beginning of their path and etc. cuz it's not that simple answer like yes/no. But I think if you have understood all these aspects you will be able to make the decision self Smiley
Lets start the comparison from the beginning. Lets take for example a good coin that has great team, good marketing, advisors, not bad roadmap and everything that should have average crypto for technology(instead of crypto for money which has only marketing).
When you buy it from ICO: you support developers(and this is the most important fact as for me), you buy cheaper than from exchange, but you gain risks to freeze your money.
When you buy it from exchange: you support the seller who bought on ICO, you buy more expensive, but you take less risk. But if you buy right after ICO you should understand that the price can go back to ICO.
But this works only if you buy good coin. If you want to buy some fake crypto just for speculation - your choice of course(I prefer to not to buy such things at all), but it is better to get these only on exchange.
Hope I helped you a little with this Smiley

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       WhitePaper       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Vena Network       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Announce       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
―――――       Luoshu Agreement - an Open Agreement For Asset Financing and Tokenization       ―――――
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾      Telegram    ‾‾    Github    ‾‾         Join Our Bounty         ‾‾    Twitter    ‾‾    FaceBook      ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 86 »
  Print  

Jump to: