Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:04:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Bounty Paid!] Go to Wall St in Front of N.Y. Stock Exchange  (Read 14742 times)
S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 17, 2011, 11:37:33 PM

agree that it should be manageable from a cost point.

Still a visual link to bitcoin of the outfit is needed.

What about a visualization of "bits" with (golden painted) 1's and 0's all over his body? Or black numbers on his bitcoin golden-bodypainted (half naked) body?

Or

Printing a huge round bitcoin on cardbord?

i pledge 30 btc to help

"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bruce Wagner

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 18, 2011, 01:31:36 AM

Oy Vey!

You guys expect a LOT for 100 Bitcoins....      Smiley

I live in NYC and I have trouble getting ANYTHING delivered for $100.   Most people I know make $200/hour or more.   Typical rent here is $3200 per month.   

Getting someone to SHOW UP anywhere in Manhattan is going to cost $100 minimum (assuming they are not in a delivery business all day long).    A taxi to JFK is $90 Plus Tolls for the round trip.

Not to mention the time incurred in obtaining custom materials, custom craftsmanship, and custom costuming...

( You might try HIRING a company to do this....  just to get a price....  and a more realistic idea of what things cost here. )

In Lima, Ohio...  you might get a high school kid to do this....  assuming it was during their summer vacation.   Maybe...

Having said all that....   I hope it happens and it makes the news!   Smiley
tenbagger

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2011, 02:08:38 AM

Is it lawful to be in your underwear?

google times square naked cowboy. as long as he keeps certain areas covered, I don't see why it wouldn't be legal.

The underwear idea was brought up because it may generate more publicity. We have a few low level contacts in the media and we were trying to think of ways to get this picked up. He surely would prefer not to be in his underwear or any other ridiculous costume. However, we were hoping that a gimmick like that might make it more likely to get picked up by CNBC or the local NY news outlets. The community as a whole would benefit tremendously and he could earn a higher bounty for his contribution. We were thinking that we could leverage his assets and his prior experience as an underwear model, but if anyone has a better idea, we are certainly not locked in on that one option and are open to other suggestions.

We are shooting for next tuesday as a target date. We're looking to do all we can to get this picked up by the mainstream media and if we are successful, hopefully the community that will benefit from it will step up and fairly compensate this brave soul! Smiley
Bimmerhead
Legendary

Activity: 1291

View Profile
February 18, 2011, 02:33:08 AM

Maybe instead of underwear he could be in a barrel.  Sort of drawing attention to the fact the Fed is bankrupting the country etc. etc.
tedstein

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2011, 05:23:45 AM

OK. I have decided to do this Monday morning (the 21st), if nobody does it on Friday (the 18th).

Somebody better step up, and on Friday, or I am on this Monday.
tenbagger

View Profile
February 18, 2011, 06:54:23 AM

OK. I have decided to do this Monday morning (the 21st), if nobody does it on Friday (the 18th).

no one responds in the thread for weeks and right after I invest time and energy in setting up a tuesday date, someone decides to do it one day earlier. whatever, its all yours.
mpkomara

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2011, 09:04:54 AM

do it on tuesday, do it better, and you'll get some coin
tedstein

View Profile
February 18, 2011, 12:39:33 PM

no one responds in the thread for weeks and right after I invest time and energy in setting up a tuesday date, someone decides to do it one day earlier. whatever, its all yours.

I am happy to let you do this. Just let me know today, so I can make plans for going into the city, or not.
ColdHardMetal

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 18, 2011, 12:47:51 PM

Isn't Monday a holiday in the US? Doubt there will be many people around the NYSE if so.

ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
February 18, 2011, 12:55:31 PM

If two people do it (before the end of Feb 2010), I'll donate 100 BTC to the second person.
Bimmerhead
Legendary

Activity: 1291

View Profile
February 18, 2011, 02:29:34 PM

Isn't Monday a holiday in the US? Doubt there will be many people around the NYSE if so.

That is correct, the NYSE will be closed on Monday, February 21st.  Which means it will make whoever 'protests' on that day look a little clueless to anyone who does happen to walk by.  There will be mocking of bitcoin.

Tuesday on the other hand could be a better day than average, I would guess, as everyone rushes anxiously back to work.
ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
February 18, 2011, 04:08:29 PM

Just to clarify, my pledge is 100 BTC for the second person to do it on a different day, before the end of this month.

However, if the two people both do it on the same day (which they might find easier), I'll send them each 25 BTC.
jimbobway (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1304
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 18, 2011, 04:12:52 PM

Just to clarify, my pledge is 100 BTC for the second person to do it on a different day, before the end of this month.

However, if the two people both do it on the same day (which they might find easier), I'll send them each 25 BTC.

I have updated the appropriate posts with your details.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
February 18, 2011, 08:02:43 PM

How about a gold sparkly sequin Elvis number .... that would draw attention and you pin on a few extra extra sparkly bitcoin logos and maybe put a bitcoin sticker in the middle of your forehead!

tedstein

View Profile
February 18, 2011, 08:36:26 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2011, 08:54:23 PM by tedstein

It would have had to have been Monday, which is a holiday. Sounds like we have an underwear-wearin' fed-hatin' bitcoin cowboy.
tenbagger

View Profile
February 19, 2011, 01:30:38 AM

sigh, I just told the guy earlier today that it's off and someone beat us to the punch. Now I get home and read this. I guess I'll try to talk to him again tomorrow and get this back on for tuesday.
Anonymous

February 19, 2011, 02:01:35 PM

http://www.earthcam.com/usa/newyork/timessquare/?cam=fridays

A lot of  /b/tards  watch this cam setup in times square. Someone should hold up a bitcoin sign there .  Cheesy
tenbagger

View Profile
February 20, 2011, 02:46:33 AM

ok, he's gonna do it tuesday morning. he will have an aspiring filmmaker buddy of his shoot it and put it up on youtube.

as for the costume, I think the main point isn't so much that it relates to bitcoin but rather that it gets people's attention. I mean isn't that the ultimate goal? A lot of these suggestions like 1's and 0's will have no meaning whatsoever for the avg wall streeter that will see it. When I spoke with him today, he wanted to wear a hip suit. He is a former male model after all so I'm sure he can pull it off and look good it in. This way, he'll look sharp, but it won't be in the typical wall street navy suit way but rather a funky, hip, colorful way.

Any ugly guy can wear a coin costume. We've got a former model here so let's leverage his skill set. Remember that it's new york and wall street, people here are huge snobs. We see crazy fools on the street all the time so we're desensitized to it. I think it will have a much bigger impact if he looks trendy rather than a wacko. I also think the message will get a lot more respect and people will be more likely to read the flyer if it came from a well dressed, trendy model than a nutcase is a crazy suit.

Sponsors, would this choice of wardrobe be all right with you?
riX

Activity: 326
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 20, 2011, 10:46:58 PM

I'll donate 50 BTC each to the first two people doing this if the do it on different days. If they do it on the same day they'll get 25 each.

I'm assuming someone will film this..

Sorry, I can't help you with your lost password.

PGP key: 0x9F31802C79642F25
Mahkul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Every saint has a past. Every sinner has a future.

View Profile
February 20, 2011, 11:15:30 PM

ok, he's gonna do it tuesday morning. he will have an aspiring filmmaker buddy of his shoot it and put it up on youtube.

as for the costume, I think the main point isn't so much that it relates to bitcoin but rather that it gets people's attention. I mean isn't that the ultimate goal? A lot of these suggestions like 1's and 0's will have no meaning whatsoever for the avg wall streeter that will see it. When I spoke with him today, he wanted to wear a hip suit. He is a former male model after all so I'm sure he can pull it off and look good it in. This way, he'll look sharp, but it won't be in the typical wall street navy suit way but rather a funky, hip, colorful way.

Any ugly guy can wear a coin costume. We've got a former model here so let's leverage his skill set. Remember that it's new york and wall street, people here are huge snobs. We see crazy fools on the street all the time so we're desensitized to it. I think it will have a much bigger impact if he looks trendy rather than a wacko. I also think the message will get a lot more respect and people will be more likely to read the flyer if it came from a well dressed, trendy model than a nutcase is a crazy suit.

Sponsors, would this choice of wardrobe be all right with you?

I agree a 100%, was going to suggest that myself. Can't wait to see this.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: