Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 09:48:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is everyone just HODLing?  (Read 1277 times)
pdutta
Copper Member

Activity: 616
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2018, 08:13:07 AM

I think holding of bitcoin is the right choice because the market value of bitcoin is low from last couple of weeks. I believe that bitcoin market will stabilize. People see bitcoin as a source of income by buying or investing bitcoin and wait the price to get high and make money through selling bitcoin again.

●   TOKPIE   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  GET ETHEREUM FOR YOUR BOUNTY STAKES  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  instantly & regularly  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
JamesLizu152

Activity: 10

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2018, 08:44:17 AM

Everyone hold their bitcoin because they think that the price of it will rise up. they hope they will get more profits.
hibiscus

Activity: 217

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 08:46:53 AM

Every one is holding the bitcoin because the present bitcoins position is not good for redeem it since the market is dropping. One who is possessing the bitcoin concerned it is not a good time for sell it. .Naturally he has to hold the bitcoin till his projected target is achieved and the dropping market is good for buying it. The person who is holding the bitcoin might be a real and wise investor, who might be confident of holding it till the market is reached to his required level.
akristofor

Activity: 53

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 08:49:44 AM

Because if you try to adapt to the market, then you just lose everything.
There are too many speculators on the market who try to play on your fear
VIC-btcforum

Activity: 40

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2018, 09:11:37 AM

I completely agree with you. Sadly all these cryptocurrencies are not viewed as currencies or as an alternative currency. They are viewed as assets and people and investors are holding for the price to grow so they can sell on a profit. Most of them bought at a higher price then it is today so they wait for the price to ounce back again.
costanos02

Activity: 518
Merit: 6

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 10:21:57 AM

Everyone hodling there tokens because of practical reasons, people who hodl tokens believe that time will come tokens is more valuable, another reason could be token holder still waiting the time  that bitcoin can be use in daily expenses.
CoinboyBebop

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 10:25:56 AM

Everybody is posting herre around to hold their coins. But just a few people are doing this really. The most people here in cryptocurrencies are really weak hands who buy imidietaly when they hear some fud news. Thats why the corrections was so hard. If theres more stronger hodler community, the coins wouldnt dump that hart. So for me thats really disappointing that the community here is so weak. I hope all the weak hands got out of this game, that would be better for all of us and the value of the coins and tokens!
Aldrinx00

Activity: 882
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 10:36:12 AM

There are right time to hold and right time to sell. I don't think most bitcoin users are just holding forever, most of them are waiting for the peak then sell and then buy back at dip. When you are at loss it's better to hold and wait for the price to increase.

CryptoSmile

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 10:49:52 AM

As long as the price is volatile and bitcoin is not used in payment systems, people prefer to hold their bitcoins. Even if they sell bitcoin, usually they don't sell it to buy something, they sell it for fiat.  Because they want to cash out their profit or they are panic selling.
Using bitcoin as a currency is great. But in my country I cannot use it to buy things. And I think most of the countries are same as my country.
Basically people hold bitcoin for several months due to high or better profit target in the future. Because of price drop and btc holders have not got any profit, they must be patient to wait for price to rise in order they can get profit as expected. Sometime they can sell bitcoin to exchange into fiat money to buy something needed in the market. So the main motive to hold bitcoin is profit motive as they want to get in the future.
EmJay

Activity: 563
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:05:52 AM

Because we believe that it is not worth to sell right now but rather it is worth to hold. As the price of bitcoin now is low. We are waiting for the right time to sell or fto long term investment.
monopoly_live

Activity: 21

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:09:23 AM

I’m hodling because I believe in btc and crypto
george888055

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:21:47 AM

I expect Bitcoin to become worth a lot in the long run, so in the meantime, it is both a currency and a speculative investment. And I don't like nor trust the banks, insurance companies, unions or any other thing like that.
Bestthefriend

Activity: 97

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:21:54 AM

A lot of people have lost so much money and if they sell now that means that their money are all gone and there is no way to get it back so holding is best until prices go back up.
arcanayou

Activity: 150

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 01:26:32 PM

I am a person who includes hold bitcoin, I believe in the strength of bitcoin that will return to a high price, if we look at the bitcoin price graph, it is not impossible. bitcoin has had some difficult times, but it can bounce back even beyond our expectations. there may be some pessimists with bitcoin, but I believe bitcoin can create new hope in terms of transactions around the world
nene14

Activity: 54

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 01:37:15 PM

For me, nothing wrong about holding bitcoin, actually im one who holds too. As long the value of bitcoin is volatile much better to holds it, we're waiting to get the high value of bitcoin,then sell it, to get the best value you should hold wisely..
florinda0602

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 01:41:57 PM

simply; for the price saw the maximum. people are still waiting for the price to rise again. Otherwise, holding it can not be another mood. Sad

Of course, but a lot of people are deceived about bitcoin and they sold a few weeks ago when we touched $10,000. Nowadays the price is extremely low, i would not even bother myself to sell a single coin, because it is a waste of time. We all must hold, otherwise, we would lose everything.

It is just a form of strategy because the price of a  bitcoin nowadays is very very low, and if we sell our bitcoin now we will loose profit, that is why most of the investors here just holding their coins and wait for the right time to sell it.
hardtargetbtc002018

Activity: 173

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 01:58:09 PM

Hi Forum
I would like to know what real value you think HODLing adds. What is the point of just holding bitcoin till moon and lambo ? This is cryptocurrency, why aren't we using this as currency? If we all just hold then this whole thing takes on a completely different business model, we lose all real value that it has as currency and it just becomes a full on speculative bubble.

Bitcoin and other currencies have no value if nobody uses them. So I would like to encourage everyone to spend and replace instead of just blindly holding. We won't see merchant adoption skyrocketing if nobody buys stuff with bitcoin. And yes I know it can go up in value, but why not just spend your BTC and EFT some fiat over to your local exchange and replace the BTC you spent ?
If any businesses accept BTC or other currencies it is our duty to support them extra for it and use cryptocurrency.

Yes of course almost all investors buying bitcoin are now holding and waiting for the bitcoin to rise up so they can sell it in high price to make a good profit.
Suffoc8

Activity: 163

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 02:00:42 PM

Hi Forum
I would like to know what real value you think HODLing adds. What is the point of just holding bitcoin till moon and lambo ? This is cryptocurrency, why aren't we using this as currency? If we all just hold then this whole thing takes on a completely different business model, we lose all real value that it has as currency and it just becomes a full on speculative bubble.

Bitcoin and other currencies have no value if nobody uses them. So I would like to encourage everyone to spend and replace instead of just blindly holding. We won't see merchant adoption skyrocketing if nobody buys stuff with bitcoin. And yes I know it can go up in value, but why not just spend your BTC and EFT some fiat over to your local exchange and replace the BTC you spent ?
If any businesses accept BTC or other currencies it is our duty to support them extra for it and use cryptocurrency.
Everyone is holding their bitcoin because I think it is a strategy to the success, they usually hold because of some factors like the price of bitcoin is decrease so they will hold it so that it will not be loss for them.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X          [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
Gunawan82

Activity: 336
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 02:09:33 PM

if a high Bitcoin price can not hold Bitcoin much, but the circumstances that make everyone do not want to sell it, maybe because it buys at a high price selling at a low price, they will definitely hold it..
bbs98

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 02:14:00 PM

I will not sell it and keep it, because Bitcoin will go back to a higher level, that's the reason I always hold Bitcoin, even though there's a lot of bad news about Bitcoin but I'm always sure Bitcoin will come back again.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: