Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:03:48 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is everyone just HODLing?  (Read 1277 times)
fuer44

Activity: 1652
Merit: 262

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2018, 07:57:45 AM

of course not wanting to lose their money. of course there is hope to be able to rise again so they still continue to HODling.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
UAE Seasider

Activity: 700
Merit: 110

Helios Protocol https://discord.gg/cpzAEMB

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 07:58:18 AM

Hi Forum
I would like to know what real value you think HODLing adds. What is the point of just holding bitcoin till moon and lambo ? This is cryptocurrency, why aren't we using this as currency? If we all just hold then this whole thing takes on a completely different business model, we lose all real value that it has as currency and it just becomes a full on speculative bubble.

Bitcoin and other currencies have no value if nobody uses them. So I would like to encourage everyone to spend and replace instead of just blindly holding. We won't see merchant adoption skyrocketing if nobody buys stuff with bitcoin. And yes I know it can go up in value, but why not just spend your BTC and EFT some fiat over to your local exchange and replace the BTC you spent ?
If any businesses accept BTC or other currencies it is our duty to support them extra for it and use cryptocurrency.
Your question is valid but your thinking is not close to the thinking of the ones who have probably made thousands if not million of $$$ in their own currencies just by holding it. It is really not a smart decision to sell your Bitcoins with huge losses. The ones who bought it at $19000 will face more than 100% loss by selling their coins at $7000 or below that. It really gives a funny but foolish type of image to them because many of them might have invested more than millions. And some of them already did  attempts of suicide just because of facing huge drops in the price of Bitcoins and the collapse of crypto-world in general.

So the best decision at current time is to hold the coins and wait for the right time to sell them. Bitcoin has some great future predictions so if any of those predictions becomes reality then those people might get rich within 2 years.

I can see what point you are trying to make but seriously you need to work on your mathematics and understanding of percentages, it will surely help you with your investments in the future. 19,000 down to 7,000 is about a 63% loss a 100% loss would be $19,000 to $0  Smiley

HELIOS PROTOCOL ★ ✅[DAG]✅[BLOCKCHAIN]✅[PoS]✅[Masternodes] ✈✈✈[weekly Airdrop][join our discord to qualify]✈✈✈
 ▬▬  Mainnet Launched  |  Parallel Blockchain  ▬▬ 
 ▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ Website  |  Github  |  Bitcointalk  |  Bounties  |Discord  |  telegram▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐
Lyne1982

Activity: 94
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 08:04:37 AM

Many people just holding, the main reason for every people is that there is no other ideal strategy but just holding since the price in the market was very unfavorable and it was very low, so they hold only for not have losses on trading or selling.
Phil419She

Activity: 346
Merit: 100

BitSong is a dcentralized music streaming platform

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 08:26:40 AM

Everyone is holding their coins in even though there are time that the prices are so hopeless because they are hoping that somewhat, the prices will be rising in the future making them a great fortune. I think this is the main reason why holders do this/.

deus030518

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 08:44:46 AM

Hi Forum
I would like to know what real value you think HODLing adds. What is the point of just holding bitcoin till moon and lambo ? This is cryptocurrency, why aren't we using this as currency? If we all just hold then this whole thing takes on a completely different business model, we lose all real value that it has as currency and it just becomes a full on speculative bubble.

Bitcoin and other currencies have no value if nobody uses them. So I would like to encourage everyone to spend and replace instead of just blindly holding. We won't see merchant adoption skyrocketing if nobody buys stuff with bitcoin. And yes I know it can go up in value, but why not just spend your BTC and EFT some fiat over to your local exchange and replace the BTC you spent ?
If any businesses accept BTC or other currencies it is our duty to support them extra for it and use cryptocurrency.

Yes everyone os hodling BTC even if the price is dip because they are hoping the price will get high and they will have future in BTC if they hodl it for a long-term investment. Many don't want to loose tjeir money that they used to invest in BTC. If they sell it right away they will still earn but not that big. That is why many are hodling their BTC for a food value.
shinchan123

Activity: 504

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 09:19:03 AM

Hi Forum

I believe that everyone is just holding because of the fact that the value of the coins they hold is not good enough yet for it to be profitable. It is actually a wise move rather than wasting the capital spent in buying those coins or the efforts made in earning them. One must always have patience in the world of crypto.
DMC_Ken

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 09:54:01 AM

Everyone are holding, because the price of every coin now are low so they are waiting the price of every coin to increase, so they can get more profit when they sell it.
Duogembrot

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 10:27:12 AM

Hi Forum

I think at this time very much do to hold the coins they have because they probably already know if sell at the current price is too cheap and they do not want to sell a loss so they better hold the coin they have rather than sell it.
Ayyaz Mahmood

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 03:21:21 PM

As long as the price is volatile and bitcoin is not used in payment systems, people prefer to hold their bitcoins. Even if they sell bitcoin, usually they don't sell it to buy something, they sell it for fiat.  Because they want to cash out their profit or they are panic selling.
Using bitcoin as a currency is great. But in my country I cannot use it to buy things. And I think most of the countries are same as my country.
dancingnancy

Activity: 661
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 07:05:58 PM

Hi Forum

Almost everyone might not have a high btc balance mostly in alts so no one will go and spend their btc as everyone knows that btcs price potential is extremely high. On the bright side there has been a decline in panic selling which has helped btc to tackle fluctuations. 
Sniper76

Activity: 486
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 07:41:38 PM

Most often talk about the HODL but for each its own boundary. Everything depends on many factors and it is not necessary to reduce everyone to the same level unequivocally.
Everyone has his own minimum at which he starts draining the accumulated.

taeewo

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 08:05:02 PM

Because i believe in the modern technology and new way of making transactions easy to all..
cosmicart

Activity: 378
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 08:12:35 PM

in as much as it is a currency, and should be traded or exchanged. no one wants to do trade by batter, everyone wants to make profit. and one of the ways we can make this profit is by Hodling for value to increase.
James andrew

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 08:14:36 PM

I believed that Bitcoin price rise again so this is the right time to buy Bitcoin and hold it
ArtVal

Activity: 160

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 08:39:05 PM

Everybody screams HODL. But in reality it's not always the most profitable strategy, and some clever people use it to earn money. Before you follow the trend, think carefully. What is the purpose of this person?
Ingoats

Activity: 518

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 09:11:49 PM

Bitcoin is a digital currency or perhaps, a cryptocurrency. Many people are not able to use it as its function in the first place due to lack of legalization to most of the countries. Only those who are living in countries where bitcoin is legal, are the ones who will make use of it as a currency. But for those where it is not yet legal,investing and holding are their ways of making use to it to earn profit.
ciciteng

Activity: 168
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 09:22:13 PM
Merited by philipma1957 (1)

It is a simple answer; because we are trust Bitcoin.
Bitcoin is not a property that can make you rich overnight. We are here supporting a digital economic revolution.
See the potential behind Bitcoin underlying technology. It's huge deal. It can solve many problems that we cannot imagine before.
So, stay with Bitcoin. Give it some time to be mature enough to be adopted (in daily life). Once it there, Bitcoin will be huge.
vande89

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 09:29:51 PM

IN THE MEANTIME GET SOME REWARDS TOKEN! GREAT CONCEPT!!! Cheesy
koralan

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 09:39:47 PM

It is a simple answer; because we are trust Bitcoin.
Bitcoin is not a property that can make you rich overnight. We are here supporting a digital economic revolution.
See the potential behind Bitcoin underlying technology. It's huge deal. It can solve many problems that we cannot imagine before.
So, stay with Bitcoin. Give it some time to be mature enough to be adopted (in daily life). Once it there, Bitcoin will be huge.
The cryptocurrency market has a lot of potential and value so many investors know and invest a lot in this market. Compared with other financial markets such as Forex and stock market cryptocurrency is still very small so I am very confident that in the future the pace of development is very strong.
Cacaparg

Activity: 835
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 09:40:07 PM

to my mind it is the most safiest  strategy on this market, everyone reasonable   businessman calculates money  and dont want to sell with losts))))
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: