Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:03:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [TEASER] eMunie 0.9.6 Screenshots  (Read 7198 times)
BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2013, 01:07:25 AM

I've run several of the eMunie beta releases now and I have to say that each one has seen both feature rich improvements and increased network stability and security in each version.

I don't see eMunie as a threat to Bitcoin or even to the good alt. coins.

eMunie feels like it could fit in very well and provide much innovation, perhaps somewhere between Bitcoin / Paypal and other exchanges for the masses.

Its certainly not a 'funny-e-munie'. This could be really great for everyone ! I can fully understand why the dev. is having to keep it closed source for now.

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2013, 01:13:24 AM

I am going to jump in here as a program coder and systems analyst with 40 years of experience.  There are basically two methods of coding large complex application systems.

One is where a single developer has the current version of everything immediately available on his development workstation.  This is how eMunie is being developed. Thus through short iterative releases of fast prototype coding a large application is able to progress quickly into a fully integrated working application. These iterative releases are tested by a manageable group to alpha and beta testers, with immediate feedback to the developer.

The other method is where a team of programmers work together with a source archival check-in/check-out of the current source version.  Only the person with the latest version of the source can update the code or else a fork of the source versions is done and merged back together later.  This is where programmers are generally in a common location or meet regularly to collaborate together on the application.

Considering that the eMunie system will be continued to be enhanced by Fuserleer after the public launch, for at minimum of another 6 months, to add in the additional bells and whistles that he has envisioned.  Is it to much to ask that he be allowed to control the source during this time.  I think that do to the advanced innovations in the eMunie currency application that could be easily patented to protect his ideas and code, that waiting for a few months to see the actual source is a reasonable request from Fuserleer.    

Hear, hear - Satoshi's work maybe be open source, but it was obviously first developed in private before release.

The industry is very different now, Fuserleer's approach seems both fair and sensible in the long-term.

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
Pitstop

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

We who are about to Mine, Salute You!

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 01:52:32 AM
Last edit: November 09, 2013, 01:06:55 PM by Pitstop

Not trying to burst anyone's bubble, but if this is true: Jim Rickards: Gold V Bitcoin V Money Debate - Video.

Rickards is the author of the New York Times Best Seller Currency Wars, published in 2011. Jim Rickard's is a highly respected economist & annalist. He says Satoshi is really a team of Dev's from Google!, this is a Game Changer!! It means Bitcoin is still Gov controlled fiat currency!! The moneyless society they want is already here and they still control it!! Time for you to pick the independent cryptocoin of your choice!!

http://www.bloomberg.com/video/malka-rickards-debate-bitcoin-utility-longevity-662IxXXTQl2e~49s0UZNhw.html

and if this is true:  http://hackingdistributed.com/2013/11/04/bitcoin-is-broken/

soon the sheep that thought they were awake will wake up and flood into the next best thing!! or better thing!

billotronic (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 02:21:48 AM

You can phrase it however you want but you are touting this alternative currency on a Bitcoin discussion forum; Bitcoin of course being built upon with fair and open source concepts. People who join this community tend to hold similar viewpoints. Which is why historically alternative currencies which are closed source or do not have a fair start (owner keeping a hoard of the coins for themself) are shot down and 'trolled' hard.

Please don't get on your high horse to me about pump and dumps and other annoying and misused terms. You yourself are a founding member of Emunie hoping to receive Emu from Fuseleer by kissing his ass so it therefore makes yourself look rather idiotic that you try to berate me for criticising the investment potential.

Historically, closed source alts have not brought dick to the table. Historically, we are going to make history.

I have not even begun to embarrass myself mister. This so called crypto scene is a mockery of what alternative currencies should be. You want to keep up with the status quo of disgusting Wall St knuckle dragging then by all means, keep polishing the knobs on the titanic. I, the self righteous, arrogant, high horse sitting bastard, didn't come to these forums to make a quick buck. I thought we were working for the greater good of humanity, not give blood sucking fucking vultures a new wild west of villainy and greed. Boy was I wrong.

Look, I'm sorry Fuserleer is such a fun guy. I'm sorry I've invested countless hours of the past few months watching this client develop from damn near nothing to what we have right now. I'm sorry this is not LTC or some other elitist coin. I am not sorry for being a eMunie cheerleader. Your coins are done with. Have a nice day.

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
bahamapascal

Activity: 695
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 02:28:36 AM

I really like eMunie and personally have the believe that it will get way greater adoption then BTC has (in 2 Years or so).
It has every thing that a digital p2p currency needs, (almost) instant transactions, no huge block chain that takes days to sync (on a 1mb Internet connection), even mobile devises should be able to run the client, so you can always have some eMu on your smart-phone wallet if you want to buy something (just like a real wallet where you have Fiat in, just on a digital device), as well as a more stable price, so you can actually use it as a currency without having to worry that by the time you want to use it (either to buy Fiat or other goods/services) its value has dropped by 20%, and last but not least an p2p exchange so you can easily exchange it to fiat if wanted.
Also it has, additional futures like 100% anonym email and chat, that will be welcomed by many people that don't like the government to know everything in there private live.
And with the ans system its even really simple to send/receive coins for those that are not much into PCs...so it will get adopted by the average person way faster then BTC is Smiley

Well, and it being closed source for the begging....I personally don´t see anything wrong with that and the average person will defiantly not care if its open source or not, most people even use Windows and that is (and will always be) closed source, so it won´t hurt emu:)...but I know we will have a few people that will dislike it for that:( Though I think that even if it was open source on release , we will still have individuals that will find something "bad"...there are always people that won´t agree and have a different opinion, that's there right to have, but that doesn't mean that we have to listen to them Wink
And those people that don´t like the closed source, don´t have to buy eMunie at all or may wait until it gets open source...but by then emu will be worse a lott more, so they will likely miss out on lower prices, but that's up to them what they want to do, no body is forced to use/buy emu Wink

claycoins

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 02:41:55 AM

Just ran the latest version, looks like it is coming along well, nice work Fuserleer.

digitalindustry

Activity: 798

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2013, 03:15:03 AM

eMunie will be open source at some point, but not on release day. If you see the 100 Bitcoin copies out there then this makes a lot of sense, so there are not 10 eMunie style currencies after 2 weeks.

I'm not sure what I think of this policy. You can't fight the inevitable. If eMunie is as great as it looks, there will be copy cats. You can't stop this. eMunie will always be the first though, network effect goes a long ways. All of the copy cats will be considered just that- copy cats.

+1

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
wezelvis

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 05:56:48 AM
Last edit: November 09, 2013, 08:01:20 AM by wezelvis

You yourself are a founding member of Emunie hoping to receive Emu from Fuseleer by kissing his ass so it therefore makes yourself look rather idiotic that you try to berate me for criticising the investment potential.

Who would want to kiss Fuserleer's ass - I bet it stinks just as bad as yours does Smiley

No, it's not Fuserleer's arsehole people are in love with, it's his ground breaking eMunie client, and there's still time for you to fall in love with it too.

Why not do yourself a favour and head on over to the eMunie forum and sign up as an beta tester while you've still got the chance.

There's still time to make a contribution to this fine undertaking, and you could EARN some EMU while getting an advanced screening on the future of crypto currencies.

It's still your choice how you view the investment potential of eMunie, but after you've had a test drive of the eMunie client you can't really argue against its technical superiority to every other crypto currency out there.

Not everyone is interested in crypto currencies purely for their investment returns. Some of us would like to see crypto currencies making a real difference in the world.

I think eMunie is an excellent investment in the future, and I also think those who invest in the pre-sale will make some profit too!
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2013, 07:14:11 AM

Not trying to burst anyone's bubble, but if this is true: Jim Rickards: Gold V Bitcoin V Money Debate - Video.

Rickards is the author of the New York Times Best Seller Currency Wars, published in 2011. Jim Rickard's is a highly respected economist & annalist. He says Satoshi is really a team of Dev's from Google!, this is a Game Changer!! It means Bitcoin is still Gov controlled fiat currency!! The moneyless society they want is already here and they still control it!! Time for you to pick the independent cryptocoin of your choice!!

http://www.thebullionblog.com/index...&Itemid=110&catid=2&id=670&lang=en&view=topic

and if this is true:  http://www.hackingdistributed.com/2013/11/04/bitcoin-is-broken/

soon the sheep that thought they were awake will wake up and flood into the next best thing!!

I don't think we needed a University to tell us that BTC had flaws -

and if Rickard's claim that its google devs , well , its a 50/50 that doesn't imply anything . Rickard has been correct on a lot of stuff in the past.

why get caught up in hysteria ?

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
wezelvis

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 10:21:04 AM

I don't see eMunie as a threat to Bitcoin or even to the good alt. coins.

eMunie will definitely challenge bitcoin. You only have to compare the features.

Fully anonymous, super fast, no huge block chain, built in P2P exchange.

Those features alone make bitcoin look vulnerable. Throw in the chat, messaging/post, user profiles, user ratings & the eMunie 'dark' web and I'd say bitcoin looks decidedly dated.

As for the "good alt coins" ... they're not even in the game once eMunie is released.

Bitcoin was a great innovation but its days are numbered. Other than the network effect, bitcoin has no superior features over eMunie, and bitcoin  hasn't been around long enough to establish itself in the wider economy. Bitcoin is very vulnerable!
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2013, 12:46:25 PM

Just got around to watching that video , very interesting , im going to repost it, im not finished watching, and while I dont know Jim personally I do know how he thinks.

He is a very intelligent individual,  well connected and with a strong affinity to metals.

Having said that he makes some great opening statements here .

Thank you for that link .

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Pitstop

Activity: 238

We who are about to Mine, Salute You!

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 01:24:53 PM

More than welcome digitalindustry! I thought it was a good debate as Jim is a heavy hitter when it comes to global currencies and his predictions generally come true. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a bitcoin hater but if what he says is correct re Google Dev's being behind BTC, I do believe it is a big deal. I don't think its emunie V bitcoin anyway, people will make up their own minds, of course there is room for both!!

Here's a few more links that make interesting reading:

The real reason Bitcoin isn't a serious alternative currency:
http://www.networkworld.com/community/blog/one-real-reason-bitcoin-isnt-serious-alternative-currency

Bitcoin is no longer decentralized. Bitcoin was a nice experiment of a decentralized currency, but now it is becoming more and more like the traditional banking system, less decentralized and more in the control of a few entities. http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/2013/09/17/bitcoin-longer-decentralized-voice/

billotronic (OP)
Legendary

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 03:23:28 PM

Very neat, I'm sure there are threads somewhere with an estimated release date, but would you mind posting here? Its a neat concept, and I''ll be sure to look into it further when its out.

If your picture isn't Harry Enfield then you are doing something wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON-7v4qnHP8

Well two problems with that. 1. its not my place to give time frames 2. I don't want to jinx anything!

I'm pretty sure there will be some official info in a week or so.

ha no, the pic is one that my amazing wife found for me of Carrier Fisher in the slave outfit from Jedi. I love my wife

digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2013, 03:48:33 PM

More than welcome digitalindustry! I thought it was a good debate as Jim is a heavy hitter when it comes to global currencies and his predictions generally come true. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a bitcoin hater but if what he says is correct re Google Dev's being behind BTC, I do believe it is a big deal. I don't think its emunie V bitcoin anyway, people will make up their own minds, of course there is room for both!!

Here's a few more links that make interesting reading:

The real reason Bitcoin isn't a serious alternative currency:
http://www.networkworld.com/community/blog/one-real-reason-bitcoin-isnt-serious-alternative-currency

Bitcoin is no longer decentralized. Bitcoin was a nice experiment of a decentralized currency, but now it is becoming more and more like the traditional banking system, less decentralized and more in the control of a few entities. http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/2013/09/17/bitcoin-longer-decentralized-voice/

ha ha maybe Jim should have come here and asked us , we probably could have advised him on how to completely win that argument - but he finished with a precise and devastating argument  , i think i could have added to it , but I'm certainly no enemy of Bitcoin .

and in another way i don't think Jim is either , again i say he's a smart guy.

If Jim casually made those statements re Google its because somebody told him that , he obviously trusts them to tell him , so hey he's probably right ? i can't judge the guy either way.

he famously designed a currency war game of course for the DOD.

he then casually explained that "they" mostly ignored his concerns ha ha , obviously after 2008 he was back in trend again,  being absolutely correct about most of what he theorized.

again i won't add to his argument here , but his strongest point was of course the blindingly obvious lack of deep understanding from a geopolitical power perspective , its the first thing that hit me in the face when arriving at this forum and sub forum, I have noticed the slow development of a general respect but.

again i will use the DAC principal that I have come to like , and i find in "Trend" now.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
wezelvis

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 12:08:36 AM

Bitcoin is no longer decentralized. Bitcoin was a nice experiment of a decentralized currency, but now it is becoming more and more like the traditional banking system, less decentralized and more in the control of a few entities.

That's exactly right, it's hard to argue that the bitcoin network is still decentralised. ASIC mining has shrunk the bitcoin network down to a few key players. The same is happening across the whole bitcoin ecosystem - centralised big players - big centralised exchanges, big corporations eyeing off the spoils, big stake holders like the Winklevii.

That's why the price has spiked to ridiculous levels again - corporate vultures are circling. Bitcoin is never going to facilitate real commerce and trade. Its only value comes from greed inspired hoarding.

The original vision of bitcoin has been lost

With eMunie there is no mining, and there'll never be a problem with ASIC hardware centralising the network into a few key players. The eMunie client runs fine on very old hardware - I run it on a Pentium 4!

EMU supply is created and distributed using supply & demand signals generated inside the P2P distributed network itself. There is no need for mining, and anybody can run the eMunie client on a standard home PC and earn some EMU from contributing to verifying transactions on the network.

eMunie will eventually run on old 3rd generation phones! The eMunie network will be fully decentralised, and so huge that no regulatory effort will ever be able to bring it down.

Satoshi will love eMunie - "one CPU one vote" - that pretty much describes eMunie.
billotronic (OP)
Legendary

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 03:47:03 AM

billo, leaking screenies hehe :p  Roll Eyes  Yeah yeah I know you asked Smiley

digital:  PR is coming don't you worry, I wanted to make sure that everything I wanted to do, could be done first before I really promoted at all, as you can we have achieved so much more than my original goals already, and there is still more to come.

Next week I'll be announcing in explaining some details of the features posted above, and new ones that are currently under wraps.  I'll also be starting our PR push to begin getting eMunie widely known.

Sustainable:  Thanks

Come-From-Beyond: I PM'd you back, Russian translate would be cool Smiley

Should of made bets sir, no one said those screens were photoshopped!

okiefromokc

Activity: 96

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 03:51:10 AM

This is from the Washington Post blog article::: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-switch/wp/2013/11/08/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-bitcoin-bubble/

"A final threat is that Bitcoin could be superseded by another virtual currency. Leading candidates include litecoin and Ripple. Right now, that doesn't seem like a major threat. Bitcoin enjoys what economists call "network effects": the currency with the largest user base is the most useful, further entrenching its status as the most popular. So far, there's no sign of Bitcoin losing ground to these newer alternatives."

One of the major issues with Bitcoin now is that corporations now control the Bitcoin mining with the necessity of ASIC mining power and the Client-qt block-chain is now over 8 GB in size. The common Joe is only able to keep a portable wallet on their phone.

But, on the horizon is a game changer and it is called the eMunie currency application. Here is a picture of the P2P client that is small enough to work on 3rd generation flip phones; http://oi39.tinypic.com/v7a0ps.jpg (you may need to copy and paste the link). If you want more information you can go here; http://forum.emunie.com/ This eMunie Client is 100% encrypted, and anonymous with both public and private keys to everything within the eMunie Client.

Also, there is no mining to generate the new eMu currency. The issuance of new eMu is completely control by the P2P distributed network itself, via fees generated from the verification process and interest on balances held.
i3lome

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 05:40:15 AM

Can someone clear this up for me?

I see there will be no mining, but Transaction verfication? also being able to "mine/get" Emu on mobile.

So does this mean its neither Scrypt or Sha256? What type of hardware would best if using this coin.

Features and everything look neat. I dunno about the personal profile though, could you just snag my facebook so everyone can know who I am. Or prog a facebook app to incorporate Emu into FB. I most likely wouldnt use the profile feature.

Awesome work, will keep an eye on progress
wezelvis

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 10:26:47 AM
Last edit: November 10, 2013, 10:42:03 AM by wezelvis

Can someone clear this up for me?

I see there will be no mining, but Transaction verfication? also being able to "mine/get" Emu on mobile.

So does this mean its neither Scrypt or Sha256? What type of hardware would best if using this coin.

Features and everything look neat. I dunno about the personal profile though, could you just snag my facebook so everyone can know who I am. Or prog a facebook app to incorporate Emu into FB. I most likely wouldnt use the profile feature.

Awesome work, will keep an eye on progress

There have been a number of really exciting technical developments with eMunie recently, and Fuserleer has been working hard to get them incorporated into the client for beta testing ASAP.

But you are correct, emunie is neither Scrypt or Sha256 based, and there is no need for mining as the P2P network is able to verify transactions without the need for massive overheads in computational power & hardware.

New EMU supply (determined using internal supply & demand signals inside the system) is generated and distributed via interest payments to existing EMU holders, and transaction fees for verification work for those users who run their client in that mode. The verification work keeps the network secure, and performs the necessary calculations to ensure there is no double spending.

So with this system architecture, you can run the eMunie client on regular hardware, even a phone eventually. When running as a hatcher/verifier that performs verification work, there would be advantages to having more computing resources (CPU, SSD, RAM), but there wont be any scope for ASICs and GPUs - just regular PC hardware.

Please understand I am not an expert in the technical side of eMunie, and my crude explanation above is based on my own understanding of how the system works.

Fuserleer will be putting out a lot of detailed information very soon, so stay tuned for that Smiley

As far as the profile stuff goes, I think it will be hugely popular for users of the P2P exchange - people running the client will be able to use the in-client exchange with the EMU currency, as well as any number of other currencies, and real world items too, including goats Smiley

Having the eMunie web, messaging system, user profiles, user rating system, and chat built into the client will make doing business within the eMunie client a breeze, and it will all be 100% anonymous!!
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 11:42:07 AM

But you are correct, emunie is neither Scrypt or Sha256 based, and there is no need for mining as the P2P network is able to verify transactions without the need for massive overheads in computational power & hardware.

So, how does it verify transactions?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: