Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:21:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bitcoin Dating thread!!  (Read 4335 times)
RandyFolds

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 01:14:11 AM

I pity the woman who ends up with any of the misogynistic assholes in this thread.

I challenge you to quote someone being blatantly misogynistic in this thread.

You would pity yourself if you saw my package. Bam!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thefussydutchman (OP)

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

BTC- Its not a bubble.

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 04:15:57 AM

I guess Its a real long shot.
Smalleyster

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

I yam what I yam. - Popeye

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2011, 04:36:58 AM

Just buy her some nice shoes w/ btcoin!

Feel like investing in a Miner?:
http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=30044.msg377773#msg377773
A soup to nuts newbee system for a secure, portable USB wallet (free instructions):
NoobHowTo: http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=27088.msg341387#msg341387
Stardust

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 05:03:40 AM

There is a solution to the ratio problem. From ancient times, with the existence of prisons and monasteries, men have discovered homosexuality. Can't manage that? Not to worry, in this century there is the miracle of sex change operation!

Find your mate in this thread, then both of you can turn into hot lesbians (some couples may desire to keep certain attributes). Do you believe you can find a partner that fully understands you otherwise? Think about it. Wink
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2011, 05:15:38 AM

I pity the woman who ends up with any of the misogynistic assholes in this thread.

I'm not sure if the above statement is a misnomer or an oxymoron (or both). As I see it, here's the rub. A misogynistic asshole would not be teamed up with any women what-so-ever due to the fact that a man who is misogynistic hates all women, therefore would not even consider a relationship with a woman, hence a woman not ending up with a misogynistic asshole. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Bitcoin: Even Used by Misogynistic Assholes
evolve

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 05:24:30 AM
Last edit: July 30, 2011, 06:32:38 AM by evolve

*sigh*  really? you cant be serious.

after 10+ years of happy marriage, i highly doubt my wife agrees with you.  yes, i have a contingency plan (id imagine she does as well) its not misogyny to have a contingency plan, its smart; you cant feed yourself or your children off of hope and dreams.

keep doing the white knight thing though...seems to be working out for you so far Roll Eyes
hugolp
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 07:20:51 AM

after 10+ years of happy marriage, i highly doubt my wife agrees with you.  yes, i have a contingency plan (id imagine she does as well) its not misogyny to have a contingency plan, its smart; you cant feed yourself or your children off of hope and dreams.

keep doing the white knight thing though...seems to be working out for you so far Roll Eyes

A contingency plan is good for the marriage as well. It gives you peace of mind about your options allowing you to behave more calmly in the marriage and without preasures and shows that if you stay in the marriage is because you want to and are fully commited, not because you need to.

I would be suspicious of any partner in a marriage that does not have any options.

▄████████▄
               ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ██▀
             ███
▄▄▄▄▄       ███
██████     ███
    ▀██▄  ▄██
     ▀██▄▄██▀
       ████▀
        ▀█▀
The Radix DeFi Protocol is
R A D I X

███████████████████████████████████

The Decentralized

Finance Protocol
Scalable
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██                   ██
██                   ██
████████████████     ██
██            ██     ██
██            ██     ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██     ██
██▀▀▀▀██      ██     ██
██    ██      ██     
██    ██      ██
███████████████████████

███
Secure
      ▄▄▄▄▄
    █████████
   ██▀     ▀██
  ███       ███

▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██    ███████████

███
Community Driven
      ▄█   ▄▄
      ██ ██████▄▄
      ▀▀▄█▀   ▀▀██▄
     ▄▄ ██       ▀███▄▄██
    ██ ██▀          ▀▀██▀
    ██ ██▄            ██
   ██ ██████▄▄       ██▀
  ▄██       ▀██▄     ██
  ██▀         ▀███▄▄██▀
 ▄██             ▀▀▀▀
 ██▀
▄██
▄▄
██
███▄
▀███▄
 ▀███▄
  ▀████
    ████
     ████▄
      ▀███▄
       ▀███▄
        ▀████
          ███
           ██
           ▀▀

███
Radix is using our significant technology
innovations to be the first layer 1 protocol
specifically built to serve the rapidly growing DeFi.
Radix is the future of DeFi
█████████████████████████████████████

▄▄█████
  ▄████▀▀▀
  █████
█████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
  ████
  ████
  ████

Facebook

███

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀

Telegram

███

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

Twitter

██████

...Get Tokens...
sunnankar
Legendary

Activity: 1031
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2011, 09:46:57 AM

I would prefer to marry a woman who has never heard of bitcoin.

When the inevitable divorce comes, she will have no idea what the hell a bitcoin is, and know much less how to take half of them!

Only half? BitCoin will be a great tool for men.

Go have some fun at The Spearhead digigalt.

elggawf

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 02:52:40 PM

So let's ask your wife what she thinks of your hidden assets, and she'll be cool with it - that's what you're saying? Seriously, you're basing a marriage on lies and deceit... what could possibly go wrong? Instead of manning the fuck up and demanding a prenup before the marriage, you're just a weasel who hides stuff. There are millions like you - you're not clever at all. The best part is, it's only security through obscurity... if she finds out about any of these assets you're fucked. So she can't seize Bitcoins by force - good luck with that. Assuming the courts recognize their value at all, I could see her winning a judgment (particularly since you say your marriage is a 10 year marriage, and depending on what state you live in that almost certainly makes half those, hers) for the current USD value at the time of the divorce. She may never be able to actually collect on that judgment but she can sure make your life shitty.

So yeah, you enjoy your contingency plan that any divorce lawyer teamed up with a PI worth their salt would unravel. I'll enjoy my 11 year marriage with a wife who's not a sponge and legitimately deserves half of everything we've built in the last decade.

I'm not sure if the above statement is a misnomer or an oxymoron (or both). As I see it, here's the rub. A misogynistic asshole would not be teamed up with any women what-so-ever due to the fact that a man who is misogynistic hates all women, therefore would not even consider a relationship with a woman, hence a woman not ending up with a misogynistic asshole. Correct me if I'm wrong.

You're one of those idiots who think atheism must literally mean a belief in nothing too huh? You are wrong, for what it's worth. Lexicon isn't built from the strict meanings of words, it's built by what they're used to describe. Misogyny is a pretty good word to describe a not-insignificant portion of the people on this forum.

^_^
evolve

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 05:04:20 PM
Last edit: July 30, 2011, 09:17:16 PM by evolve

So let's ask your wife what she thinks of your hidden assets, and she'll be cool with it - that's what you're saying?

considering we each have our own assets outside our joint accounts, yes.  she has her 401k and csp, i have a stock portfolio and btc. niether of us knows or cares how much the other is holding.

so explain to me exactly how this is mysogynistic..... would her assets constitute misandry?

I'll enjoy my 11 year marriage with a wife who's not a sponge and legitimately deserves half of everything we've built in the last decade.

and im sure she enjoys carrying your testicles around in her purse.  Smiley

jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
July 31, 2011, 11:51:28 PM

I like where this thread is going

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
iamzill

Activity: 677

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 12:02:25 AM

I pity the woman who ends up with bigots who over-generalize about strangers.
elggawf

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 01:37:55 AM

considering we each have our own assets outside our joint accounts, yes.  she has her 401k and csp, i have a stock portfolio and btc. niether of us knows or cares how much the other is holding.

If you don't have a prenup to that effect, it doesn't matter what she or you think right now - it only matters what you guys think leading up to the divorce hearing. Either you have a prenuptial agreement that you don't share your assets (which I'm cool with, don't get me wrong) or you're just a weasel hiding shit and thinking that somehow makes you some mastermind at relationships.

That's my whole point, and where this thread and forum has a tendency to take a turn to misogyny. If you and your wife are married and agree that should the relationship take a dump, what's yours is yours and what's hers is hers... that's great. You don't need Bitcoin for that. If you both agree to have the 1950s domestic life where she cooks and cleans and shuts the fuck up, if she's fine with it, that's cool too. That's actually not a terrible thing if that's what she wants for herself.

But to come in here with this attitude of "I like Bitcoin because I can hide assets from my wife and she can't seize them even if she knew about them" and to not think that that's even slightly woman-hating is patently retarded. In case you're not aware, that's pretty much what you said: "smart men hide some of their assets". No, smart men figure out what the fuck they're getting into going into a relationship and make sure the other half is aware as well.

so explain to me exactly how this is mysogynistic..... would her assets constitute misandry?

If she has the same attitude about you as you're putting out in this thread, yes. The attitude that you have to lie to your partner in order to maintain any semblance of "fair" because she's a woman is rather misogynistic.

and im sure she enjoys carrying your testicles around in her purse.  Smiley

So having an equal partner is "having [my] testicles in her purse"? This isn't misogyny?

You're coming off as a limp-dick woman-hating asshole, and to an outsider you represent the majority of this forum's opinion about women.

^_^
evolve

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 02:20:09 AM
Last edit: August 01, 2011, 05:03:01 AM by evolve

If she has the same attitude about you as you're putting out in this thread, yes. The attitude that you have to lie to your partner in order to maintain any semblance of "fair" because she's a woman is rather misogynistic.

what in the fuck are you talking about? whos lying? she has assets that i dont ask or care about and so do i. we are both aware of this fact, so whats your issue? no one is deceiving anyone. your entire post is a bunch of word salad amounting to nothing.

for fucks sake, this is exactly what im talking about. you storm into the thread playing the white knight, but there is no ones honor to defend. you are getting all worked up over imaginary bullshit.

here's a clue, women dont need a pretentious prick like you to defend thier honor. do yourself (and everyone else) a favor and drop the "sensitive 90's guy" act, its fucking pathetic.

You're coming off as a limp-dick woman-hating asshole, and to an outsider you represent the majority of this forum's opinion about women.

and you come off as a weak-minded, feckless, no-dick loser that has nothing better to do than post in a thread for the sheer purpose of insulting people. 
elggawf

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 06:03:19 AM

what in the fuck are you talking about? whos lying? she has assets that i dont ask or care about and so do i. we are both aware of this fact, so whats your issue? no one is deceiving anyone. your entire post is a bunch of word salad amounting to nothing.

Uh huh - the language you used earlier in the thread suggested nothing of the sort. As I said, if you both are in agreement about your financial independence then there's no issue - but you don't need Bitcoin for that, all you need is a prenup and separate bank accounts.

for fucks sake, this is exactly what im talking about. you storm into the thread playing the white knight, but there is no ones honor to defend. you are getting all worked up over imaginary bullshit.

here's a clue, women dont need a pretentious prick like you to defend thier honor. do yourself (and everyone else) a favor and drop the "sensitive 90's guy" act, its fucking pathetic.

Who am I playing the white knight to? The hordes of women looking to join this idiot circus? I dig the idea of a completely voluntary currency but jesus christ it attracts some grade-A douchebags. I'm not white-knighting anyone.

I'm simply pointing out a) the folly in thinking that hiding assets with Bitcoin is even remotely a good idea compared to a decent prenup and b) that the comments you made earlier come off as misogyny. If you'll check my posting history you'll see I've long been of the opinion that Bitcoin has a huge public perception problem and one of those issues is we come off as a huge circle of women-haters (at best, at worst: a bunch of forever-aloners). Comments to the tune of "Bitcoin is good for hiding money from your spouse if things go sour" certainly don't help that.

Frankly what's pathetic is anywhere there's a male-dominated discussion and a topic even distantly pertaining to the opposite sex comes up any contrary opinion is written off as white-knighting.

and you come off as a weak-minded, feckless, no-dick loser that has nothing better to do than post in a thread for the sheer purpose of insulting people.

Again, see above - Bitcoin has a PR problem and you're not helping. You apparently have no reason to hide money from your wife, so why bring it up in the thread? Why encourage others to do it?

I'd really love to hear your theories about how not doing the chest-beating, women-are-sponges-so-hide-your-cash is weak-minded, feckless, or the "sensitive 90's guy act". Just kidding, no I wouldn't - you said something stupid then did an abrupt about-face pretending that your home life doesn't actually match the statement you made. Maybe it doesn't... I don't particularly care which way the truth goes - I just think the original statement was bullshit.

^_^
wumpus

Activity: 812
Merit: 1022

No Maps for These Territories

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 06:30:55 AM

No, smart men figure out what the fuck they're getting into going into a relationship and make sure the other half is aware as well.
+1 you're not forced to marry, and if you do you don't have to pretend to share everything. Having to hide assets from your wife (or husband) is just needless complication in your life.

Bitcoin Core developer [PGP] Warning: For most, coin loss is a larger risk than coin theft. A disk can die any time. Regularly back up your wallet through FileBackup Wallet to an external storage or the (encrypted!) cloud. Use a separate offline wallet for storing larger amounts.
evolve

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 06:47:06 AM
Last edit: August 01, 2011, 07:49:49 AM by evolve

Uh huh - the language you used earlier in the thread suggested nothing of the sort.

no? my OP:

Quote from: evolve
as a married man, i have to agree with that.....smart men hide some of their assets

my assets are hidden. as are hers. neither knows exactly how much the other is holding.  i think been extremely clear about that fact.

apparently, that fact offends your delicate sensibilities, and thats fine....but i still fail to see the point of coming on here for sole reason of insulting everyone that posted on this thread.

elggawf

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 06:54:16 AM

You really don't see what you're (apparently unintentionally) implying with that statement, in the context it was in? Roll Eyes

^_^
evolve

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 06:58:06 AM
Last edit: August 01, 2011, 08:35:46 AM by evolve

You really don't see what you're (apparently unintentionally) implying with that statement, in the context it was in? Roll Eyes

nope, why dont you enlighten me?

to be honest...all i see is a prick that posted in this thread for the sole purpose of insulting the people of this forum. you can play it off any way you want, but we both know you posted in this thread for no other reason than to fuck with people.  

That's my whole point, and where this thread and forum has a tendency to take a turn to misogyny.
The hordes of women looking to join this idiot circus?

for fucks sake, you cant call the members of this forum an "idiot circus" then pretend to take the high ground.  Roll Eyes
newminerr

Activity: 147
Merit: 11

The day to rise has come.

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 10:00:25 AM

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: