Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:32:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Salary Paid in Bitcoin - would you do it?  (Read 1236 times)
longwintershere

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

“Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data”

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 09:24:35 AM

A company did an interesting social media experiment on people's acceptance of cryptocurrency as a method of payment for salary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vcGUeDlnLU&t=30s

Looks as though it could possibly have been staged by the company (I don't think so??), but the results seemed similar to what I would expect if it was genuine. And I think it is actually a clever way of promoting their token sale, more potential to go viral than other promotional videos I've seen. Anyway, personally I think I would be happy to take cryptocurrency as at least part payment for salary, and depending on circumstances, the whole amount.

well I believe it's better to pay part of the salary in bitcoin, not the whole one. Because otherwise people are forced to immediately exchange their bitcoin to fiat, as you can't really spend bitcoin in daily life. That is forcing the price down eventually.

TRADE YOUR DATA   ●    PDATA TOKEN    ●   ─── OPIRIA.IO ───
██████████       [   PRE-SALE     April 10th ]       ██████████
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
liamnorthcoins

Activity: 211
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 09:26:36 AM

A company did an interesting social media experiment on people's acceptance of cryptocurrency as a method of payment for salary.

Looks as though it could possibly have been staged by the company (I don't think so??), but the results seemed similar to what I would expect if it was genuine. And I think it is actually a clever way of promoting their token sale, more potential to go viral than other promotional videos I've seen. Anyway, personally I think I would be happy to take cryptocurrency as at least part payment for salary, and depending on circumstances, the whole amount.
True, if this would be applicable for some campanies this is a good advertising for bitcoin too.. But as of the moment while there is no clear status of the government on the usage of bitcoin in daily transactions i dont think this will be beneficial to all. Many people has not yet been introduce of what is bitcoin in the first place., Some might find fiat money something that they are use of holding physically might be preferrable over it's use than that of bitcoin. In the future if there is a clear case of the government over bitcoin and everyone understand what it is then i think this is very convenient and relevant to all.
Tux99

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 09:30:40 AM

Though I am a student, I think I am already doing this. I earn and get paid in BTC in joining signature campaigns and other services that I think is being run by specific companies.
It is great having btc as salary when prices are high and I think that is logically practical and many users are getting sad when prices suddenlys drops and their rates are being took off and becomes smaller. It is better to set a USD priced rates than BTC I guess so that it is fixed.

Well, its very good because you can earn bitcoin or money when you still student. I am not lucky like you who know this bitcoin world earlier because i am bit late to invest and also learn regarding bitcoin. I am so regret but i can not do anything.
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 10:32:20 AM

Hi,

For the moment, I think it is impossible to get paid full wage with only crypto... You won' be able to use them for your daily needs, so you will be obliged to turn (at least) part of it to fiat currency. ANd you will pay for that. So I guess it is better to be directly paid in fiat money and, maybe, turn part of it into crypto..

This is not the first thing I read/see about being paid in crypto... But I would say that actually most of it is merely a company betting on announcement effect to attract young graduates.. And in most Western countries, I guess it is not even possible to do it, as crypto are neither legal (nor illegal, though, just ignored)! Wink

goaldigger

Activity: 2352
Merit: 356

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 10:48:17 AM

Ive watched the video and its obviously more employees want to have a cryptocurrency salary than fiat. Its nkce to hear that random people around the globe are aware to the existence of cryptocurrency. Heres my opinion, i like the idea that employees would be paid by cryptocurrency but only just a portion or a half i think. Employees need to have fixed income for expenses and cryptocurrency salary just depends on its value.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Gameroid

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 10:56:05 AM

True, if this would be applicable for some campanies this is a good advertising for bitcoin too.. But as of the moment while there is no clear status of the government on the usage of bitcoin in daily transactions i dont think this will be beneficial to all. Many people has not yet been introduce of what is bitcoin in the first place., Some might find fiat money something that they are use of holding physically might be preferrable over it's use than that of bitcoin. In the future if there is a clear case of the government over bitcoin and everyone understand what it is then i think this is very convenient and relevant to all.
That is really good and interesting to hear, but i think currently it is not so easy to apply, may be in some modern countries where bitcoin is too much popular and everyone know about bitcoin and even know how to use it, but still it is not so easy because we cannot currently use bitcoin for everything to buy, therefore we will need to convert our bitcoin in fiat for purchasing such thing, i think it will take some more time when people will like to get their salary in bitcoin.
michael shikany

Activity: 196

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 11:02:04 AM

I don't think I'm going to use bitcoin to pay for it, because it might be legal.
I don't want to go to jail. Grin

carelessboy

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 11:09:03 AM

Salary paid in Bitcoin? it,s really very difficult idea .but if we decide do it  i think many people interested and work with bitcoin and we paid salary in bitcoin .for this community many project will must be success and people work with happiness.

Marrionbitcoin

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 11:18:07 AM

Looks like not good because as of right now the security of wallet is not that fully protected and it might hack by other bad people. Also, the price of Bitcoin is flactuating our salary might decrease its value after we received it from our employers. That is good idea but we must think first of how safe our salaries are.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2018, 04:45:50 PM

Yes, why not! It would be great if salaries are paid along with fiat currency but before that, I think it is the responsibility of the company to build awareness not only about cryptocurrencies but also about the responsibilities while using crypto. In many countries, banks are restricting crypto trades so it should be optional in my opinion and employee should take the decision if he wants his salary in crypto or in fiat or partially in both.
Ayaancool

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 05:24:04 PM

Deffenetly no bitcoin is already in crisis and it always includes risk and volatile nature in its value. So no one will risk with their hard work  fees.Salaries are the basic components for a common man they never take a risk on that even if it's in my case also.
coinminerdotcom

Activity: 108
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2018, 05:53:28 PM

This is a pretty cool idea. However I don't think I could accept a full paycheck in BTC. But similar to how you can set up to deposit portions into savings account it would be cool to have 10-20% paid off in bitcoin. That would be a solid investment plan.

Trusted US based Company
coinminer.com
abel1337
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

FOCUS

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2018, 06:01:30 PM

Deffenetly no bitcoin is already in crisis and it always includes risk and volatile nature in its value. So no one will risk with their hard work  fees.Salaries are the basic components for a common man theyg0ase also.
I think It is depending on the person who will receive the paycheck , My friend who is my current partner in our job is receiving a full cash salary and he is converting the 80% of his salary into bitcoin because he wants to invest his money and make some profit into bitcoin. We both know it is risky for him because he only left 20% of his paycheck that is cash and he need to spend less because he only have 20% for his expenses.

Some people take risk for a good profit or bad losses.
Harley29

Activity: 490

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 08:20:08 PM

Yes salary can be paid in bitcoin if my country don't ban btc
Yes it is very good chance to have bitcoin for almost free because now government is taking good interest in bitcoin so I hope that day will come very soon when we will see the legality of bitcoin, for me the bitcoin currency is very important so I think it makes our economy well and good  if we will start the system for bitcoin as salary then it will increase the value and the demand of bitcoin as payment but I think this system will take a little time to be develop and to be introduce in my country, so I am very exciting for it.
Signiel

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 09:28:04 PM

With this instability, and with a downward trend obviously people will not accept it, but it is something that a medium-term future will see more frequently.
teejayrichard2

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 10:32:11 PM

salary in bitcoin sounds very nice but the challenge there is what if you pay workers today and the price of bitcoin goes down the following day, this means the workers have been short payed
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 10:54:15 PM

I often do writing work for various cryptocurrencies and that's fine. I wouldn't accept a full time salary in Bitcoin, though. Can you imagine what it would be like to have gotten paid in BTC or really, any cryptocurrency, at the end of 2017? If you didn't spend your entire paycheck immediately to pay bills, then whatever you didn't spend would have lost 50% of its value within six weeks. In other words, the market is way too volatile. Because of that you really can't count on cryptocurrencies to make a living with. But if someone figures out how to keep the price stable on their altcoin... well, then I'd be happy to accept it as a paycheck.
gjtnwls1

Activity: 378

UNCLOAK™ - Cyber Threat Detection Powered by EOS™

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 11:19:00 PM

I would be interested in getting paid in bitcoin. but I prefer half in fiat and half in bitcoin, like company stock plan Smiley

UNCLOAK™ - Cyber Threat Detection Powered by EOS™
┨PRE-SALE  : 25th MAY - 25th JUNE ▌MAIN-SALE: 26th JUNE - 03rd JULY┠
LinkedIn Twitter Facebook Telegram Medium Reddit
Wibisono

Activity: 26

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 11:29:04 PM

Looks as though it could possibly have been staged by the company (I don't think so??), but the results seemed similar to what I would expect if it was genuine. And I think it is actually a clever way of promoting their token sale, more potential to go viral than other promotional videos I've seen. Anyway, personally I think I would be happy to take cryptocurrency as at least partial payment for salary, and depending on circumstances, the whole amount.

I disagree if the payroll is made with the crypto token system.
I am afraid if the results of salary that is generated at this time crypto coin have increased while after receiving the salary crypto down.
This will affect the amount of salary when receiving and then after receiving the unequal value.
kateycoin

Activity: 882
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 11:45:38 PM

Like you said it's depending on circumstances between of employees and employer because some of people don't have ability to use crypto and some of them are hard to understand about cryptocurrecy.  I think this type is long discussion because theres a lot of circumstances to consider.

███    TWITTER      MOCKTAIL      WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                        FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC         SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM       SWAP             PANCAKE      ███
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: