Bitcoin Forum
July 19, 2024, 01:31:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinLenders, Inputs.io, Tradefortress (HACK)  (Read 39696 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
DumbFruit (OP)

Activity: 433
Merit: 267

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 02:14:32 AM

Woe he just answered all my questions fairly quickly and thoroughly in an email! This is exciting!
Will update shortly.

Maybe he just responds better to direct and specific questions...

By their (dumb) fruits shall ye know them indeed...
DumbFruit (OP)

Activity: 433
Merit: 267

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 02:36:03 AM

Quote from: TradeFortress
Oct 23th PST time (24th Aus time). A second hack occurred on the Oct 26th (the other 160 BTC).

The compromise was done through compromising multiple of my old email addresses in a chain (compromise one which was the recovery email for another), which led them to lailai625@hotmail.com which received emails forwarded from admin@glados.cc. The attacker was able to reset Linode and Apis networks passwords. Email forwarding was disabled on the 26th (PST, 27th Aus).

I've already posted login logs for Linode on bitcointalk, I've attached logins for apisnetworks which were also reset.

5: Yes, to linode manager. The attacker on the Oct 26th used Lish to skip linode manager and directly shell into the Linode, bypassing 2FA on the manager.

4: The incomplete logs were obtained through lish logview's buffer. The attacker installed mc (midnight commander) and used it to transfer files containing credentials via FTP to 0;15Hd@mastersearching.com:mercedes49@69.85.88.31. From the midnight commander view, the remote server also has another bit.php file not from Inputs. I speculate that this is taken from another service.

3: I do not see where I have access linode password reset logs. I've sent a support ticket to linode requesting such, and authorizing them to provide it to anyone who asks. Ticket ID 2560514

It's a lot to digest... I'll update my opening post tomorrow.

By their (dumb) fruits shall ye know them indeed...
bradyon

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

TradeFortress has to pay his debitors

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 03:10:44 AM

Thanks Dumbfruit!

Now is time for TF to verify the amounts owed to everybody involved and start allowing some withdrawals. For me even a 1% withdrawal (2.26 BTC) will mean the difference between having a really hard time from now on or having 1 more month to manage how to pay my bills.
manort

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2013, 05:26:44 AM

Thanks plugging away, Dumbfruit. I am happy to hear that TF got back to you with some specifics. Hopefully that means he is meaning to make good to the best of his abilities. I do wish that he would give that as a specific reassurance.
wayner

Activity: 52

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 07:04:34 AM

Oct 23th PST time (24th Aus time). A second hack occurred on the Oct 26th (the other 160 BTC).

The compromise was done through compromising multiple of my old email addresses in a chain (compromise one which was the recovery email for another), which led them to lailai625@hotmail.com which received emails forwarded from admin@glados.cc. The attacker was able to reset Linode and Apis networks passwords. Email forwarding was disabled on the 26th (PST, 27th Aus).

I've already posted login logs for Linode on bitcointalk, I've attached logins for apisnetworks which were also reset.

5: Yes, to linode manager. The attacker on the Oct 26th used Lish to skip linode manager and directly shell into the Linode, bypassing 2FA on the manager.

4: The incomplete logs were obtained through lish logview's buffer. The attacker installed mc (midnight commander) and used it to transfer files containing credentials via FTP to 0;15Hd@mastersearching.com:mercedes49@69.85.88.31. From the midnight commander view, the remote server also has another bit.php file not from Inputs. I speculate that this is taken from another service.

3: I do not see where I have access linode password reset logs. I've sent a support ticket to linode requesting such, and authorizing them to provide it to anyone who asks. Ticket ID 2560514

Its still missing all the relevant information and that it took him 1 month to just give these informations is more then disappointing. To be honest if i had 200k+ invested into this at the moment i would demand to have his real-id just so i could get a hold of him.

Another thing is that you really wanna stop the class-action lawsuit in light of these response? What after all beside that the hacker installed mc wasnt known before? I seriously start believing you are just another sockpuppet if that happens.
thecoinjournal

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2013, 08:04:12 AM

Its still missing all the relevant information and that it took him 1 month to just give these informations is more then disappointing. To be honest if i had 200k+ invested into this at the moment i would demand to have his real-id just so i could get a hold of him.

Another thing is that you really wanna stop the class-action lawsuit in light of these response? What after all beside that the hacker installed mc wasnt known before? I seriously start believing you are just another sockpuppet if that happens.

The situation is, even a victim believes TF is a scammer, still the victim is not willing to take any legal action since the loss would be bigger.

gaston909

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 10:21:47 AM

Woe he just answered all my questions fairly quickly and thoroughly in an email! This is exciting!
Will update shortly.

Maybe he just responds better to direct and specific questions...

Stockholm Syndrome?

He responds because the hack was executed "perfectly" and there is nothing to hide.

Ask him about the specific financials and see how quiet he is.
goodtimes73

Activity: 13

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 05:54:52 PM

Thanks plugging away, Dumbfruit. I am happy to hear that TF got back to you with some specifics. Hopefully that means he is meaning to make good to the best of his abilities. I do wish that he would give that as a specific reassurance.

+1

You're doing a great job, Dumbfruit.  I'm a dual US/NZ citizen, and I'll certainly join you in a class-action if it comes to that.  But I don't think the time is now.  Frankly, at this point I think the money would be better spent on a good private investigator in Sydney.  I'd' still like to know if anyone on this forum knows TF's name.

TF: It should be pretty clear to you that time is running out.  I still stand by what I told you in an email: I'm willing to leave my coins in longer-term with some verifiable assurances that I'm likely to be paid back in full later on.  By my count, there are some 1500 coins potentially available to you (from JohnHarmer, TomJeff and other relative minnows like me) should you reach out directly to your investors.  We're by far the best friends you have here   

Finally, @ all the annoying dickheads who think that anyone who disagrees with a tar-and-feather approach to this whole fiasco is a shill for Tradefortress....
STFU!!
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4634
Merit: 1276

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 06:09:26 PM

~'lets give FT time'

+1
Finally, @ all the annoying dickheads who think that anyone who disagrees with a tar-and-feather approach to this whole fiasco is a shill for Tradefortress....
STFU!!

Ya OK sure.  Whatever you say Socrates.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
ace207

Activity: 47

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 06:20:27 PM

TF: It should be pretty clear to you that time is running out.  I still stand by what I told you in an email: I'm willing to leave my coins in longer-term with some verifiable assurances that I'm likely to be paid back in full later on.

+1
TomJeff

Activity: 16

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 07:34:43 PM

You're doing a great job, Dumbfruit.  I'm a dual US/NZ citizen, and I'll certainly join you in a class-action if it comes to that.  But I don't think the time is now.  Frankly, at this point I think the money would be better spent on a good private investigator in Sydney.  I'd' still like to know if anyone on this forum knows TF's name.

TF: It should be pretty clear to you that time is running out.  I still stand by what I told you in an email: I'm willing to leave my coins in longer-term with some verifiable assurances that I'm likely to be paid back in full later on.  By my count, there are some 1500 coins potentially available to you (from JohnHarmer, TomJeff and other relative minnows like me) should you reach out directly to your investors.  We're by far the best friends you have here   

TradeFortress:  I'm with the rest of your creditors.  Better for you and us if we work out an arrangement.  Try reaching out.

But be certain that I will join other actions against you if you outright stiff us. 

Then again the law might get to you first.

stenkross

Activity: 330

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 07:42:00 PM

TradeFortress:  I'm with the rest of your creditors.  Better for you and us if we work out an arrangement.  Try reaching out.

But be certain that I will join other actions against you if you outright stiff us. 

Same here, I'm willing to leave my btc's with TF for quite some time, and also help out with anything I can.
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 07:55:17 PM

Same here, I'm willing to leave my btc's with TF for quite some time, and also help out with anything I can.

Ya, I'm sure TF will be happy to pay the losers off if Bitcoin keeps climbing and each BTC becomes worth $5000 :^)  Good luck with that.

The victims (probably not the sock puppets who post these things) best hope is that we have another price collapse and TF takes a few bucks he made from the stolen coins to buy back in and clear his name.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Martijnvdc

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 08:49:31 PM

Are you guys serious or sarcastic? (serious question, i don't want to sound rude)
stenkross

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 09:08:59 PM

Are you guys serious or sarcastic? (serious question, i don't want to sound rude)

I am serious.
I want as many of my coins back as possible, and I see no other alternative to achieve this goal.
goodtimes73

Activity: 13

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 09:27:27 PM

[/quote]

Dead serious.  If you notice, most of the people posting useless smug blather either aren't on the list at the beginning of this thread or have very little at stake.  Many of us who do realize that our best chance of getting it back is trying to make sure CL doesn't go under.  Of course we don't *know* that TF isn't a scammer, but neither do others *know* that he is.  Honest people can disagree, but calling someone a sockpuppet just because he disagrees with you is just being an asshole.  The way I figure it, if we can get anywhere near 4000 coins committed to staying in CL -in exchange for veriable assurances that we're likely to be paid back in full later on- and TF still doesn't respond, then we can be pretty confident he's scamming us or fucked up so badly that it doesn't matter.  And then we can go after him for whatever we can get.
efc17

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 09:40:45 PM

Is anyone else thinking that TF may be hoping to sell remaining coins and buy back after crash to reimburse his creditors?

I mean I wanted to do that with my Coin this time round and not wait for the next bubble.

3KNSWuue88Rtn9GY6XV3tQTQUd3MwaDuKW
MFqZJ2YQzuFMKSNqmu8uh6xoqqM3FDFrwt
https://www.gate.io/hodl?ref=3553
stenkross

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 09:52:45 PM

Is anyone else thinking that TF may be hoping to sell remaining coins and buy back after crash to reimburse his creditors?

I mean I wanted to do that with my Coin this time round and not wait for the next bubble.

I was actually thinking exactly the same earlier today.
Not that I personally would dare to do it, but hey, he's got the track reckord of gambling with high stakes...

I hope he didn't sell already.
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 10:19:46 PM

I was actually thinking exactly the same earlier today.
Not that I personally would dare to do it, but hey, he's got the track reckord of gambling with high stakes...

I hope he didn't sell already.

It's kind of a no-lose bet.  If there is a downturn, pay off, keep the profits, and live to scam again.  If no downturn, keep the profits and vanish.

There is a possibility that Paymium/Bitcoin-Central did exactly this with the Instawallet funding.  Of course we'll likely never know.

hwmax

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 12:32:57 AM

I'm another one to be added to the Coinlenders owed list: 86.93779676 BTC

I was in email contact with TF last week but he's not replied for quite a number of days now.

Are there any/many CL users in the UK that are looking in to any possible legal remedy?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: