Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:13:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pilgrim Kālua (theme): First Thanksgiving at Satoshi Forest  (Read 11666 times)
abdada

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 12:40:03 AM

I'm in for sure.

I'm already matching 100% a sales donation from one of my websites (see audit here) for some reddit-inspired t-shirt orders.  Happy to kick it up another 100% from the current marker for a total matched donation of 300%.  As for right now, the current site donation is $36.90 x my original match = $73.80 x my new match would = $147.60.  If any more sales come through before the donation deadline, I'll keep the meter climbing.

My previous site isn't my focus right now, I'm debuting a new site that I'd like to use as the sponsor.

Edit/addition: I'll also throw in 1-2 dozen long sleeve shirts to clothe the guests, printed with the Sean's Outpost logo for sure, and my logo somewhere discrete if acceptable.  That's another $120-$240 worth of donations, depending on what I can get in time to print and ship.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 01:15:23 AM

I'm in for sure.

I'm already matching 100% a sales donation from one of my websites (see audit here) for some reddit-inspired t-shirt orders.  Happy to kick it up another 100% from the current marker for a total matched donation of 300%.  As for right now, the current site donation is $36.90 x my original match = $73.80 x my new match would = $147.60.  If any more sales come through before the donation deadline, I'll keep the meter climbing.

My previous site isn't my focus right now, I'm debuting a new site that I'd like to use as the sponsor.

Edit/addition: I'll also throw in 1-2 dozen long sleeve shirts to clothe the guests, printed with the Sean's Outpost logo for sure, and my logo somewhere discrete if acceptable.  That's another $120-$240 worth of donations, depending on what I can get in time to print and ship.

Wonderful! Wonderful! Wonderful! I'll update Post #2 of this thread to reflect your generous donation. I'll be thinking of you, among other sponsors/donors, when I'm personally digging the imu pit--alone!

I'm putting you down for $147.60 USD, but please provide me the BlockChain tx whenever it comes available, for I'm not sure when you're planning on making the donation, and I'm too embarrassed to ask.

Per Jason's kick in the ass, I started a Reddit thread: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qf0xm/first_thanksgiving_in_satoshi_forest_seeks/

I foresee no problem with getting 10 sponsors, but Ideally I would love to make 100 signs having them place throughout Satoshi Forest. Jason King doesn't know it yet, but the signs will be staying up long after Thanksgiving (2013) is over.

~TMIBTCITW
abdada

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 01:22:43 AM

What kind of signs do you need made?  Material, size, etc?  We do signs as well and I might be able to convince my sign guy (he works for me) to volunteer some time.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 01:32:09 AM

What kind of signs do you need made?  Material, size, etc?  We do signs as well and I might be able to convince my sign guy (he works for me) to volunteer some time.

Thanks, but no thanks, bud, for I got this one covered. Apologies for not answering your question as to what kind of signs, but I'm being tightlipped on that aspect for now, albeit I have given out hints. Suffice to say, there shouldn't be any disappointments.

~TMIBTCITW
abdada

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 01:33:46 AM

Works for me.

I'll be donating the BTC definitely before the end of the week.  We are still getting some orders for the "To The Moon" shirts, so if I can get a few more orders, I can donate quite a bit more BTC.  Plus I need to get to my offline wallet PC and transfer the fundage into my hot wallet, and I'm not back home til Wednesday night.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 01:51:31 AM

Works for me.

I'll be donating the BTC definitely before the end of the week.  We are still getting some orders for the "To The Moon" shirts, so if I can get a few more orders, I can donate quite a bit more BTC.  Plus I need to get to my offline wallet PC and transfer the fundage into my hot wallet, and I'm not back home til Wednesday night.

To make sure you're not missing out an opportunity, how about "To The Pole" shirts? I assume you've heard about the solo South Pole expedition by Faysal of which he has a Bitcoin flag in tow. Hell, the flag itself would make an excellent shirt. We is takin' historical here, bud.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=323580.0

I started an auction to help raise a couple more bucks for this now EPIC Thanksgiving feast: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=331333.0

~TMIBTCITW
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 05:54:15 PM

Mad bump!  Grin

Nobody puts the Thanksgiving in Satoshi Forest thread on the second page of this section.

hivewallet

Activity: 378
Merit: 325

hivewallet.com

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 09:56:47 PM

Hey Phin, please give our advertising space to some other Bitcoin-oriented non-profit or cause.

Maybe Dabs would appreciate that for example:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300631.0;all

(He'd have to make something)

Hive, a beautiful, secure wallet with an app platform for Mac OS X, Android and Mobile Web. Translators wanted! iOS and OS X devs see BitcoinKit.
Tweets @hivewallet. Skype us here. Donations appreciated at 1HLRg9C1GsfEVH555hgcjzDeas14jen2Cn
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 10:01:54 PM

Hey Phin, please give our advertising space to some other Bitcoin-oriented non-profit or cause.

Maybe Dabs would appreciate that for example:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300631.0;all

(He'd have to make something)

No problem whatsoever, bud. I will take care of it and honor your request.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 05:01:26 PM
Last edit: November 14, 2013, 05:19:50 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

Due to a 48 hour auction I conducted, another chunk of change is expected to be added toward this endeavor thanks to Garr255's winning bid. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=331333.0

Any Bitcoin related business that you would like to have a sign, depicting its name, placed on the grounds during Thanksgiving at Satoshi Forest, simply donate whatever to 1M72Sfpbz1BPpXFHz9m3CdqATR44Jvaydd, whereupon I will make sure it happens.

~TMIBTCITW
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 06:57:18 PM

I just paid my brother-in-law, Martin Basurto, $350 USD for a killer buffalo suede leather purse. Since I don't toot a purse, I need to give this away to some deserving person. Let me think, who deserves this? Still thinking... thinking... Got it! Jason King's wife. I'll hand-deliver it when I get to Satoshi Forest this Thanksgiving. Rumor has it there's a feast for the homeless during that time. She's going to have to come to the forest though, for I'll be too busy digging a hole for the imu on my first day there, Tuesday the 26th, with Wednesday taking care of final prep, then cooking my ass off come Thursday.

~TMIBTCITW
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 05:53:20 PM
Last edit: November 17, 2013, 02:55:19 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

I'm still looking for sponsors in the form of owners of Bitcoin-accepting entities hawking products and services. All you have to do to have a sign made in some business's name is to donate ANYTHING to 1M72Sfpbz1BPpXFHz9m3CdqATR44Jvaydd, then link the tx on this thread, and you're golden. The signs will be prominently displayed during the Thanksgiving at Satoshi Forest.

For all practical purposes, enough money is on hand to accomplish this feast feat, but I feel compelled to have signage in place during (and remaining afterward) the festivities, even if only a couple dollars (literally) is raised. I don't give a damn! I just want signage, and the only way a sign will be made is for you to ask and donate WHATEVER. Surely, you don't expect me to email or PM entities, along with donating some trifle amount in their names to accomplish such a simple feat, do you?

~TMIBTCITW
abdada

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 08:50:03 PM

According to the Sean's Outpost Donation Log coinSMITHS.com is going to donate $60.80, and I am going to double that match to a total of $182.40

I need a QR code for Sean's Outpost please, and I will send the donation now on behalf of coinSMITHS.com
abdada

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 08:53:07 PM
Last edit: November 18, 2013, 09:18:12 PM by abdada

Oh, I found the QR code, oops.

Here's the blockchain transfer: https://blockchain.info/tx/65958d456b2a2b160f0eb09e446b1851e40785ddba4af932b5976eca540e3a87

Looks like the Android blockchain app doesn't apply a fee, derp.  If it doesn't go through I'll resend it with a fee.  Never sent coin from blockchain app before.

Update: 2 confirmations, so all is good.
hivewallet

hivewallet.com

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 02:42:49 AM

Phin, if Dabs doesn't come up with something please give the banner to someone else. Any Bitcoin charity is welcome to it.

Hive, a beautiful, secure wallet with an app platform for Mac OS X, Android and Mobile Web. Translators wanted! iOS and OS X devs see BitcoinKit.
Tweets @hivewallet. Skype us here. Donations appreciated at 1HLRg9C1GsfEVH555hgcjzDeas14jen2Cn
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 06:30:09 PM

Just received a PM from Bees Brothers and they are donating 450 honey caramels via mail to Sean's Outpost, allocated for this very cause.

~TMIBTCITW
hivewallet

hivewallet.com

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 06:36:01 PM

Phin, if Dabs doesn't come up with something please give the banner to someone else. Any Bitcoin charity is welcome to it.

How about this one?
http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-used-support-human-rights-sri-lanka/

Bees Brothers

Activity: 457
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2013, 05:32:13 AM

Just received a PM from Bees Brothers and they are donating 450 honey caramels via mail to Sean's Outpost, allocated for this very cause.

~TMIBTCITW

They are on their way!  Have a great Thanksgiving.

Don't tread on bees! http://beesbros.com
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2013, 05:45:16 AM

How about this one?
http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-used-support-human-rights-sri-lanka/

http://www.srilankacampaign.org/giveanonymously.htm

It'll be made! Thanks, bud.

~TMIBTCITW

They are on their way!  Have a great Thanksgiving.

Great, Bees! Look forward to meeting you guys in Las Vegas, for that's where I'm heading next to solicit a million dollars in donations for Typhoon Haiyan Relief Fund: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=332561.0

I'll also have the sign you requested in tow.

~TMIBTCITW
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2013, 12:08:34 AM

Road trip starts tomorrow, although I was to head out today, but had to crawl under the house to repair some pipes due to an early freeze, coupled with them been old.

Looks like I'll be hitting rain all day Tuesday through Alabama, then be in Florida during their cold snap, sleeping on the ground at Satoshi Forest with temps in the low thirties. Yes, it'll be a three goat night each day I stay there, then head to Las Vegas for the conference where, at least, the temps will be in the upper 80's, unless...

~TMIBTCITW
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: